SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[CDC] Class 2B (2010)

@Wonderless: indeed. lucky today instructor quite chill lol. i got quite a bit of deadlines this week so maybe ill hold till next week. actually i wan thursday one but knn every single day oso have except thursday. so nvm la, most likely ill take next monday.

@shadow: yes! how are you recovering?? hope the recovery process is going on smoothly...

and to everyone, another pretty stupid question but, DRT lessons no need go in order one right??

Edited by muzzyfuzzy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha. dun worry i haven't been stalking you!

i saw the bike up for sale some time ago and saw you on that thread, knew you bought it.

wah! 800 is damn! is the COE ending already?

just saw a GN125 on the road, really nice old fella.

sometimes old bikes are quite hardy and trustworthy. sounds like you got a good buy!

enjoy your ride! maybe i'm just lurking behind your blindspot! :cheeky:

@S.m.H hi bro! where have u been to? haha. oh my pract7 is on this sat afternn :) its hard to meet up la especially when most of us still learning and haven't got our own bike. hey mind PM me more about details(maintenance/insurance/enquires) when u got ur SP? :)

@chipsmore my insurance cost $1200, it is from NTUC for an 18 year old 'P' plate. Maintenance is quite cheap. It is just about topping up petrol for every 220km you travel with 11 litres of petrol. 2T is once in a while. It really depends on an individual including on which 2T you buy. I buy 1 litre Motul 710 which cost $22. There are also good 2Ts at cheap prices, for example Shell's 1 litre 2T for $8. Next on list would be Engine oil. It is change after 3500km for my bike if you use fully synthetic. Other than that, there might be some minor problems surfacing every now and then which would surface in almost any other 2nd hand bikes especially 2nd hand 2T sport's bikes. I share it here so that everyone can have a rough idea and erase the misconception of what other people might say about 2nd hand 2T sport's bikes and especially about TZM & NSR SP. You can ask me more if you have any other doubts. Just my 2 cent's worth.

@S.m.H oh haha ok la like that .. it's okay .. i guess the thoughts of selling the krr has to take a back seat due to conflict with the shop. haizz ~ looks like i gotta let go of my nsr instead of the kr .. bleah~

wah got a bike already seh ... eh you schooling at TP right? 5 mins from my house ehehehehe ! can chill pill some time yaww ...

@knucklehead Yes, I am schooling at TP. I am in for chill pill or riding or what so ever. Anyways, just to know, is your NSR RR FW plate?

hey welcome back bro! my TP is in the next two weeks (11th Nov) trying to cram road/circuit revisions as my TP test date draws nearer.. and am trying to heed some advice and pointers and to how i can improve myself so i can pass my TP.. :cheeky:

@Adrik smirnov All the very best! Let's go for riding soon bro! Haha!

hi guys! passed rtt today! so excited to go road lessons.. but ah.. i duno why when i select DRT lesson 1 it says no session available?

HAHAHAH cause i booked the last nov slot. i passed my rtt just now too, hell tyco got 90%

passed my RTT today too. that's a lot of us.

yo people ~! thanks to all ur luck i made it today and to those who don't try again like i did..husky is roaring today..lol btw reiju i saw the bike at tampines there behind KTM shop,honestly in real life it doesnt look good nor does it look like a full size scram IMO tho..cheers~!

@circuitzero @endybike @muzzyfuzzy @Az_itsme Congratulations! I know it has been a long time already. But just wanted to say so because it is good to hear this!

:cheers:!

@S.m.H Wassup? Haha. Not fully recovered yet. GOnna take months before im gonna ride. Dad has always given me my choice. He's a rider so he understands. Born to live, live to ride. Hahha!

@Shadowluva I hope you are going well. I want to go riding with you too. If you really cannot ride, I don't mind you as my pillion. I just wish all the CDC forumers can go riding together. Those who do not have a bike yet, you can just hop onto one of our bikes as some of us already have bikes here.

yo what up! passed my RTT on 28! DRT would be on 29-30nov. i was damn lucky with the drt booking. cuz once i passed, i went to book for drt. but the system nv show the drt lessons for me to book. so i went to counter to ask why, den they say it will take 1 hour for the system to refresh. so i ask the counter person can manually help me refresh anot, den she okok help me book the earliest slot which is 29 - 30 nov. when i went home to check for drt slots bout 3 hrs later, there were no available classes till next year.. meaning till dec 31 no more available classes.

btw S.m.H, great minds think alike. i bought my sp alr, under layup now under my carpark. hahah.

@Wonderless I am so happy! Can't wait to see you on the road bro.

Anyway I am wondering - when I was still stuck with the pracs at CDC - @Shadowluva, @infinity, @alwayzhope, @arae136, @d3stiny - you were taking around the same time as me right? So i assume everyone is riding now? :)

@cookiesandcream I was in the same batch too. 17.02.10 - 23.09.10. If I am not wrong you are from TP too right?

@Adrik / Chipsmore / Fredeee

Guys thanks for the kind words of encouragement. Hope will ace the next test on 25th Nov. It still gets to me that i made the dumbest mistake for having footed that caused my immediate failure despite getting 18 points. And those pompous attitudes of the TP Testers dont help much either. LOL

Nevertheless, thank you guys for your support! Lets go ride as a group sometime soon, hopefully!

Edmund

@edmundq All the very best bro!

So many new things going to be implemented. Is the expressway riding for TP test going to come in soon?

waah..will be quite difficult and dangerous to have lessons or even TP test on expressway right?

how to do road revision on expressway?

think have to be a one on one student-instructor session man!

go on PIE during peak hour....don't think can make it back to cdc in 100mins! hahahaha!!

but will be really good for students to be able to learn though. i wish they had it during my time too.

I don't think the expressway riding is for learners. If i'm not wrong, its meant for those who have obtained their licenses but still on probation (like me. lol) also, it makes more sense i guess.

Anyway, seriously there's a new test route? Omg. That sucks! but apparently CDC bike test route is regarded as easy compared to other driving centers. maybe that's why?

@Shadowluva @fredeee @cookiesandcream As far as I know, expressway riding is only for 'P' platers and it is optional. CDC's old test route is the hardest compared to other centre as ours is in an industrial area and our TP is in the peak hour. CDC test route changed mainly because of complaints and to smoothen traffic flow.

so soon? i hope they are not gonna implement the new test route next thursday for my TP..

@Adrik smirnov So when is the new route for TP going to be implemented?

That's like in 1995 lor

@huairen What happen to you? Why M.I.A?

dear bro and sis, i made it. 10pts even though i almost had an immed. haha 3mths anniversary gift from cdc. :)

gonna take a break all the way till 1 or 2wks before tp, 1st TP for new route effective is 16dec if i'm not wrong according to the instructor who took me for pract8 today. its a long long wait, in the meantime i can wash my helmet and save up haha!

i had my personal record time for fig8 during CR before pract8 haha 8.7. vroomvroom!

@chipsmore I am so proud of you! Congratulations! Great! Get done with your TP soon! All the very best! On a side note, my personal best for Figure 8 is 7.1 seconds. From now on we can only challenge each other timing at 99 bend after you get your bike and when we go for riding with our CDC Forumer mates.

Hi SmH! long time no see. im from tp too but i last sem alr. now sip den go back 1 more sem graduate liao!

btw jus a curious question guys, if i complete my prac8 and drt by 30 nov, do you guys think im able to get the 16dec tp slot?

A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.

Hi SmH! long time no see. im from tp too but i last sem alr. now sip den go back 1 more sem graduate liao!

btw jus a curious question guys, if i complete my prac8 and drt by 30 nov, do you guys think im able to get the 16dec tp slot?

You might if you are one of the first to book the slot.. From my experience , the tp slots are always open for two weeks might stretch till the third week if your lucky..

if your bike ain't dirty, your not riding it enough

i agree to a large extent which is why i'm even considering krr/sp/tzm. haha let me draw closer to tp first then i think about it la. still got a mth to think haha!

Buy a KR! hahaha.

Actually SP also ok, but for me i decided on KR coz the SP tank too big for my liking :X

@cookiesandcream I was in the same batch too. 17.02.10 - 23.09.10. If I am not wrong you are from TP too right?

Oh yeah! You're in TP also? you're riding SP now?

I'm also 3.1, having MP now - sucks. I miss school. LOL. Anyway, I think you may be able to, but you must faster chiong and book your tp at the counter. You must think of the people who fail their tp tests in early dec, will book retest.

@Shadowluva @fredeee @cookiesandcream As far as I know, expressway riding is only for 'P' platers and it is optional. CDC's old test route is the hardest compared to other centre as ours is in an industrial area and our TP is in the peak hour. CDC test route changed mainly because of complaints and to smoothen traffic flow.

@huairen What happen to you? Why M.I.A?

feels like S.M.H just came in to the thread and puke....a whole lot! :hungry: hahaha.

i didn't feel that the old test route is difficult, the heavy traffic is actually very good practice for riding otr after getting your license.

huairen went back in time to 1995 :cheeky:

feels like S.M.H just came in to the thread and puke....a whole lot! :hungry: hahaha.

i didn't feel that the old test route is difficult, the heavy traffic is actually very good practice for riding otr after getting your license.

@fredeee You always disturb huairen one. Haha! I remember that time i having RR, waiting for traffic light to turn left, this ahpek squeeze between me and the curb. Scary sia. -______-

@S.m.H wah. Spam! Haha. Tumpang boleh eh bro? haha.

@Wonderless Depends on luck. So its best to straight away book after clearing your drt/pract.

@fredeee You always disturb huairen one. Haha! I remember that time i having RR, waiting for traffic light to turn left, this ahpek squeeze between me and the curb. Scary sia. -______-

@Wonderless Depends on luck. So its best to straight away book after clearing your drt/pract.

i'm looking for insurance quotes for sportsbike alr, like SP/KRR/CBR150R but leaning towards of getting a CBR as 4stroke is really easier to maintain and start compared to 2stroke SP/KRR. but the boy inside of me wanting a more stylomilo sportsbike has been giving ideas about getting a 2stroke (KRR/SP/even TZM!).

my bike wont be used for travelling long distance daily i think cause i'm very lazy haha and i get tired easily if after a long day. not very safe to ride if i'm tired.

Insurance quotes for 18 year old 'P' plate

SP - $1.1+K

KR - $1.3+K

For other bikes I am not so sure of the latest quotes yet. So if you are older and planning to get a NSR SP or a KR, your insurance price will be slightly cheaper then mentioned above. It is true that 4 strokers are easier to maintain but 2 storkers are going to be extinct very soon because manufacturers have stopped 2 strokers production long time ago already. Hope you get a 2 storker and have fun with it rather than getting a 4 storker and regret it the future for not getting a 2 stroker initially. Anyways, trust me, after you get your bike, you just just just cannot keep yourself at home no matter how much you try to. Your hands will feel itchy and you would want to keep on riding & riding & riding. Haha!

get an sp! :smile:

tzm really looks better on taller ppl? wa don make me regret buying my sp! ahaha.

but i guess TZM really is a little bigger than puny sp.

Don't worry bro! It will definitely suit you! Don't regret and keep whining! Get the most out of your NSR SP that is in a deep sleep in that carpark! Haha!

@S.m.H hey bro, new test route is going to be implemented on the 16 of dec TP.. which is after the current TP date of 2nd dec.. and thanks! hopefully you asking everyone how they are doing will help me in my TP! hehe

All the very best for your TP tomorrow bro! Sleep and wake up early! Try to be there around 6.30am. Can't wait to see your post that you passed and got your husky! Haha!

lets go riding soon! and goodluck to those taking TP tmr, im having my prac 7 too

That's the way dude! All the very best and you got 2 buddies taking practical 7 huh? Wonderless & muzzyfuzzy?

Buy a KR! hahaha.

Actually SP also ok, but for me i decided on KR coz the SP tank too big for my liking :X

Oh yeah! You're in TP also? you're riding SP now?

Yes, I am in TP IIT. Year 2.2. I am riding NSR SP! Haha! So are you riding a KR now or planning to get it soon?

where got disturb him? he also not around.

wonder if he's really in 1995 :cheeky:

an ahpek also squeezed between me and kerb before.

but this one better, he came in just as i was about to do the u-turn during rr! "hey, let's turn together laaaaaa!" :faint::faint:

you know, i always think of you whenever i'm changing lanes these days. kinda scary hor....especially the vans.

all the 16DEC slots might be taken up after the TP session tomorrow :angel: