SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[CDC] Class 2B (2010)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEy, what's the positioning like at the first junction after turning out of CDC?

Cos its like one lane, arrow for straight, right and left, and usually cars form up 2 rows.

1 row occupying more to the right portion of the lane as turning right, try not to allow any car to squeeze through cause its dangerous and don't squeeze past cars which are turning left as the single lane is big.

Nice thx for the tips, will try them out.

The thing is that I'm afraid when i look at the end of turn 1 too early, my bike nvr folo the road then hit curb, that and dropping the bike.

The new test route sure looks easy, but as much as we say it i still think better not take it for granted.

Nice thx for the tips, will try them out.

The thing is that I'm afraid when i look at the end of turn 1 too early, my bike nvr folo the road then hit curb, that and dropping the bike.

The new test route sure looks easy, but as much as we say it i still think better not take it for granted.

i suggest doing it at a moderate speed first, once you develop the techniques that was mentioned by bro @chipsmore then you would already have confidence to go approach it faster.. it'll come to you depending on how badly you want it..

if your bike ain't dirty, your not riding it enough

safety first safety first, anything not confident please don't do it. as what @Adrik smirnov said, develop the technique first then go faster. anyways timing for fig8 just around the range of 10s will do no need so fast la. i was just pushing my own limit. :S

especially on the roads, not confident just don't go. we as riders are human projectiles moving on the roads. be safe.

guys. filter give way lane one arrowhead only but when forming up is one bike or two bike?

I remeber is 1 single file. I remember during practical lesson 7 introduction, instruction

did mention that filter lane is "Special" as it allow only 1 bike.

@chipsmore: congrats on finishing the whole course!

:thumb::thumb:

safety first safety first, anything not confident please don't do it. as what @Adrik smirnov said, develop the technique first then go faster. anyways timing for fig8 just around the range of 10s will do no need so fast la. i was just pushing my own limit. :S

especially on the roads, not confident just don't go. we as riders are human projectiles moving on the roads. be safe.

Ya, but as always i also wanna get a 'safe' timing, all the instructors also keep saying got technique then timing will come by itself...

Thanks for yr advise, will take into account :)

Off topic: But where is Ah Boy shop ah?

Hi, How many points for tapping left foot a few times before moving off? I seem to always have this bad habit

by 'tapping' do you mean that your foot is on the ground to stabilize yourself when moving off? whatever it is, try to correct this habit. during tp, you can get immediate failure (especially at the starting point) if the tester decides that you 'footed'/foot touches ground while moving -_-

lame, i know. but what to do. better to NOT give them a chance to penalize you :)

Anyway. So most of you guys waiting for tp and drt is it?

Edited by cookiesandcream

by 'tapping' do you mean that your foot is on the ground to stabilize yourself when moving off? whatever it is, try to correct this habit. during tp, you can get immediate failure (especially at the starting point) if the tester decides that you 'footed'/foot touches ground while moving -_-

lame, i know. but what to do. better to NOT give them a chance to penalize you :)

Anyway. So most of you guys waiting for tp and drt is it?

Yah happened to me during TP. My left leg slow to moved up to the peg during the starting point when turning and the TP tester shouted at me. Lucky he giv chance and nvr fail me thou.

yupsssss, they call it "paddling" if i'm not wrong. even one swipe/stroke/kickoff also cannot.

since you already moving off, it's considered (foot touches ground when moving) = immediate failure.

don't go and test the TP testers' mood (usually BAD) and risk failing.

throttle more and grip tank tight tight when moving off. this should help you stabilize the bike and move off nicely.

Yah happened to me during TP. My left leg slow to moved up to the peg during the starting point when turning and the TP tester shouted at me. Lucky he giv chance and nvr fail me thou.

ALOT of my friends complained about that too. i think the testers are especially nitpicky when it comes to the starting point. can get all sorts of demerits like wide turning, footed, improper/fail to check blindspots, wobble when moving off/changing lanes etc etc

hmm i see, then what about, if im from a stationary position covering up the gap in front of me, and i just lift my left foot off the ground and not rest it on the foot peg.. is that considered footing too? and at the give way line/filter lane when coming from the road heading back to the nursery if im the 2nd bike onwards should i check the left or right blindspot? not particularly sure..

hmm i see, then what about, if im from a stationary position covering up the gap in front of me, and i just lift my left foot off the ground and not rest it on the foot peg.. is that considered footing too? and at the give way line/filter lane when coming from the road heading back to the nursery if im the 2nd bike onwards should i check the left or right blindspot? not particularly sure..

If its a small gap, I don't think they will penalise.

bro filter lane going back to nursery after road is look at right see if theres any incoming traffic,clear, check back left, move out signal right check right blindspot then change lane to the lane to turn right back to nursery. if there's 2 bikes waiting to turn right back to nursery, wait at the filter lane till got space.

chevron marking at the filter lane there = 'kerb'

bro filter lane going back to nursery after road is look at right see if theres any incoming traffic,clear, check back left, move out signal right check right blindspot then change lane to the lane to turn right back to nursery. if there's 2 bikes waiting to turn right back to nursery, wait at the filter lane till got space.

chevron marking at the filter lane there = 'kerb'

Let me understand you correctly,so if I'm not the first bike at the filter lane I should check back left right? Thanks!!

Let me understand you correctly,so if I'm not the first bike at the filter lane I should check back left right? Thanks!!

yes. all bikes check back left at filter lane while going back to nursery, including first bike also need to check back left before moving off. (check back left only apply if u have stopped and need to give way. if not just proceed if clear, coming out of filter lane also need to check left blindspot if proceeding without the need to give way.)

oh yes 11nov is coming for u! :D pass alr buying what bike?

den outside road filter lane oso same procedure?

i.e. check left before moving off (if giving way to vehicles) den check right blindspot?

oh ya if you happen to stop before the zebra crossing to give way to pedestrians and u wan to move off is check left oso? stupid filter lane rules is so confusing.

den outside road filter lane oso same procedure?

i.e. check left before moving off (if giving way to vehicles) den check right blindspot?

oh ya if you happen to stop before the zebra crossing to give way to pedestrians and u wan to move off is check left oso? stupid filter lane rules is so confusing.

if i'm not wrong, u are right. :) always check according to the road marking arrow can liao, roads no need to do check back right+left anymore for new route; only circuit.