SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Yamaha FZ16

pikapika

Hahaha not really actually. I bought the spark from my good friend so i didnt really inspect it. It was my first bike.

You own a fz16ST? :)

Update : I might want to renew my coe for my spark tho. Its been with me so long and i dont wanna let it go. I have done so much to it... including 2 major overhauls lol.

Would you guys recommend 5 years or 10 years coe?

If i renew 5 years most probably ill be using the entire 5 years and scrap it.

If i renew 10 years ill change bike around the 4th-5th year mark hahaha.

Any suggestions ? :)

If only I had more time n budget to prepare my good old spark135, I would have renewed its COE for 5 years.

With soooo many new 2B bikes in the market to choose from and the likelyhood for most of us upgrading all through class 2, perhaps 5 years should do it (for me).

I now own a 2012 FZ16. Bought 2nd hand last year in May.

Yamaha.Yamaha.Yamaha

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If only I had more time n budget to prepare my good old spark135, I would have renewed its COE for 5 years.

With soooo many new 2B bikes in the market to choose from and the likelyhood for most of us upgrading all through class 2, perhaps 5 years should do it (for me).

I now own a 2012 FZ16. Bought 2nd hand last year in May.

Nice! Ill be going down to view the fz16st this friday haha. Please do share with me some tips to look out for!

And on i heard that sometimes when engine braking from gear 2 to gear 1 we might hear a "POP" sound coming from the front side of the bike?

what the cost to change throttle cable?

Sorry. I know this is not answering your question but allow me to share with everyone. It is throttle cable related.

Do take note yaaa.

As much as i know, there are 3 different types of OEM throttle cable for FZ16 models last i checked.

Please verify your machine's "version/generation" or its year of production if you are getting the cable straight off the shelf for self installation.

Mechanic should know if you are going straight to change at bikeshop though.

Yamaha.Yamaha.Yamaha

Nice! Ill be going down to view the fz16st this friday haha. Please do share with me some tips to look out for!

And on i heard that sometimes when engine braking from gear 2 to gear 1 we might hear a "POP" sound coming from the front side of the bike?

Hmm.. I have never encountered that POP sound coming from the front while shifting down 2nd to 1st.

The only POP sound i know only comes from the back via the Yoshi pipe while down shifting. :p

Yamaha.Yamaha.Yamaha

Dear Bikers,

Please advise if you have experience with this?

I have a FZ16 about 3 and 1/2 years old. Recently, I went overseas for 1 mth.

Now when i do a full or half right turn the engine just slow down and die off but if i return to straight everything is ok.

Any advise is appreciated. thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, thinking about doing some mods to my fz16, specifically changing the headlight and dash. Would like to change to a round headlight similar to the S4. I've seen it done before, but with the stock dash display, which looked very weird. Wondering if anyone around here knows if its possible to change to a round headlight and maybe tach and speedo similar to the S4, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys , really in need of help here.

I'm currently riding a FZ16ST. Recently, when i'm travelling as per normal at gear 1, i keep feeling a jerking feeling everytime when i pick up from stationary position. Also when i'm on the highway, whenever i try to pick up(at any gear), the bike keep jerking like there's a lost of power or some sort. Especially when i'm at a up slope, my bike will also have the jerking feeling when I tried to put in more throttle. And in the past, when its showing 7000rpm, i would be travelling at 100km/h, but now its just 92-95km/h. Please help :/ Appreciate it alot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dear Bikers,

Please advise if you have experience with this?

I have a FZ16 about 3 and 1/2 years old. Recently, I went overseas for 1 mth.

Now when i do a full or half right turn the engine just slow down and die off but if i return to straight everything is ok.

Any advise is appreciated. thanks in advance.

Have you got this issue rectified?

Last time something like this happen to me, it was the total opposite. Engine start revving up once handle bar turned either way. Pointing in neutral (straight) idle came back down to normal.

There was a problem with the bolt that holds the throttle cable to the carb. It gets "loose" over time hence, the throttle cable gets pulled.

Problem stop once changed to a new cable set.

Yamaha.Yamaha.Yamaha

Hi guys , really in need of help here.

I'm currently riding a FZ16ST. Recently, when i'm travelling as per normal at gear 1, i keep feeling a jerking feeling everytime when i pick up from stationary position. Also when i'm on the highway, whenever i try to pick up(at any gear), the bike keep jerking like there's a lost of power or some sort. Especially when i'm at a up slope, my bike will also have the jerking feeling when I tried to put in more throttle. And in the past, when its showing 7000rpm, i would be travelling at 100km/h, but now its just 92-95km/h. Please help :/ Appreciate it alot.

Tried checking for your chain slack?

That could be one contributing factor. Specifically because you mentioned "jerking" and "going uphill".

Let us know what was the issue if you have solved it.

Yamaha.Yamaha.Yamaha

Planning to get a FZ16. I heard it has only 5 gears. Anyone have problems with only 5 Gear or at the 5th it can go at a high rpm without over loading the engine?

I used to have this problem because my previous ride was a 125zR. :p

I don't think we should doubt the engineers' knowledge behind designing this enigine or any engine for that matter.

Be it a bike with full 4 gears or this with 5, over loading the engine will not be an issue.

Yamaha.Yamaha.Yamaha

Hi guys,

was wondering how often, the brakes should be serviced. I replaced my brake pads some time ago, but was wondering if i should get the shop to service my brake lines. so far havent had any issues with braking was just wondering if i should have it looked at.

my engine now has some problems starting up on colder mornings, i need to rev the engine abit or it will die. what could be the cause of this issue?

thanks

Hi guys,

was wondering how often, the brakes should be serviced. I replaced my brake pads some time ago, but was wondering if i should get the shop to service my brake lines. so far havent had any issues with braking was just wondering if i should have it looked at.

my engine now has some problems starting up on colder mornings, i need to rev the engine abit or it will die. what could be the cause of this issue?

thanks

I believe it is more of a "feel" kind of thing. The fact that good working brakes are sooo important on a bike, you should change them once you "feel" that it no longer gives you the feedback that you desire.

Like any other moving parts on a bike, wear and tear issues happen in relation to frequency of its use.

Other signs you can look for includes 'squeaking' noise while braking, more pressure needed to apply brakes via the brake lever (like pulling in the clutch lever) and metal friction marks on your disc brake.

Changing the brake line is unnecessary. Not if your original stock starts to leak fluid.

Cold start in the morning is common in most cases. Pull choke, start bike and let it idle for sometime before switching the choke back off solve this issue more often than not.

Yamaha.Yamaha.Yamaha

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here has change his/her forks or their shocks ? Any recommendation on which to change to?

For Quickshifter, eventhough its not recommended, would like to know if its compatible with FZ16, specifically "Annitori"

For FZ16 rear brake, usually how long before u change to new one? I changed like 1-2 weeks back, but already I'm hearing squeaking sounds.

At which RPM do I know that I'm stressing the engine?

Currently around 95-100km/h, I'm at roughly 6.5K to 6.8K RPM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm selling a Nov'14 blue colour YZ16. It should be latest version with kick starter. Mileage close to 25k. Just change new tire and battery. Bike comes with Givi base plate and box. Bought for FIL but he's not riding these days. Asking $7.8k. Thanks for looking!

Edited by wclau76

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Im riding CB400X. I need to change my engine oil and coolant. Any rider can advice me what engine oil and coolant is good for my bike. Have try ice coolant. After 4000km the colour change.Have use 300V to expensive. Any advise . Thank

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk