SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Bikes with folder side mirrors

kruz99

I've been noticing many sports/ superbikes traveling on roads with folded side mirrors.

That sets me thinking of a possible good reason for doing so.

I've been taught that side mirrors are important in terms of safety issue (to check on traffic).

WHY do they have it folded?

Live & let live.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this pointless holier-than-thou make-myself-feel-good-about-being-a-safety-conscious-biker rant is going on in the Legality & Regulations Related folder :sian:

I've been noticing many sports/ superbikes traveling on roads with folded side mirrors.

That sets me thinking of a possible good reason for doing so.

I've been taught that side mirrors are important in terms of safety issue (to check on traffic).

WHY do they have it folded?

Since there is clearly no legality or regulation related question here, surely it would be more appropriate in Bikes & Bytes (Share articles, comments, tips and opinions about biking...)?

Edited by crankcase

If everything seems under control, you're simply not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

You can be summoned for folded mirrors. As good as not having mirrors.

Now there's a relevant bit of info. Do you know anybody who has actually been summoned for this? Any idea what the fine/points damage was?

I don't mean quoting the rules from TP website, but an actual incident you're aware of.

If everything seems under control, you're simply not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Rear view mirrors are there so that one CAN SEE BEHIND. Legal or not, there is no excuse not to check back frequently before attempting any move.

If mirrors need to be folded to lane split, it's too tight to squeeze anyway.

If a dumbass with folded mirrors cuts into my path because he could not check back, I'll make him eat his mirrors!

Past: KDX200, LC4 400, LC4 620, GSXR750WR

Present: CBR900RRY, Gas Gas EC250, XR250L, XR250RV, XR400 (motard-ed), NX650 Dominator

jus saw a spark nearly gone case.. at bedok x pressway

as he lane change without checking back, and his left side no mirror

this bmw damn fast

already from first lane change to forth lane , and sparkie cut into his lane some more...

i tell u , my hear stop for a moment

I can't believe this pointless holier-than-thou make-myself-feel-good-about-being-a-safety-conscious-biker rant is going on in the Legality & Regulations Related folder :sian:

Since there is clearly no legality or regulation related question here, surely it would be more appropriate in Bikes & Bytes (Share articles, comments, tips and opinions about biking...)?

Yes. my bad about posting such RANT in this folder.

It will be nice if you're alittle bit friendlier in your directions to another folder?

My profile shows how 'often' i post. Pardon me for making a mistake.

Live & let live.

Yes. my bad about posting such RANT in this folder.

It will be nice if you're alittle bit friendlier in your directions to another folder?

My profile shows how 'often' i post. Pardon me for making a mistake.

Haha... you're right, my tone should have been friendlier. My bad :)

Cheers :cheers:

• 4 months later...
Brings me to a question, why do certain riders only have their right hand side mirror installed?

I think there's such rule that a bike must have at least 1 mirror & it must be on the right side.

Correct me if am wrong.

Live & let live.

People who ride w/o mirrors or folded ones are better off dead.

Better they die than innocent bikers who pays for these idiots' mistakes.

These stupid f8cks change lane w/o knowing what is behind them.

Maybe their life is cheap, but not everyone's the same as them.

Most bikes I see on the road w/o mirrors are smaller cc ones.

Innocence of youth? I say just plain stupid and selfish.

Hardcore

Planet Motorcycle Supporter:thumb:

People who ride w/o mirrors or folded ones are better off dead.

Better they die than innocent bikers who pays for these idiots' mistakes.

These stupid f8cks change lane w/o knowing what is behind them.

Maybe their life is cheap, but not everyone's the same as them.

Most bikes I see on the road w/o mirrors are smaller cc ones.

Innocence of youth? I say just plain stupid and selfish.

Ditto

I would say they are idiots. Until they got themselves into something serious. *touchwood*

Live & let live.