SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda Blackbird CBR1100 XX

Guest R1szuan

that is normal price.. but ive asked a few shops already.. my friend did his full overhaul for $1.8k at bikelab (but he told me he used back his old pistons since its still ok.. only change the piston ring).. some knowking sound before.. now he lurves his engine more than ever.. I might go down and ask meng tong abt my bike.. wanna ask for his opinion.. im now 75% sure of keeping the bike..

With good servicing,things like periodic engine oil n filter change,coolant checking...engine last a very2 long time...

Last month i overhauled a petrol forklift engine that have 6000hrs on it...was surprised that the pistons,crankshaft and conrod bearings were all in good condition....Juz use back the old pistons,new rings and same size bearings(conrod/crankshaft),de glaze the cylinder bore and polish back the bearing surface on the crankshaft...Check out with the field tech. guys they told me this company got service contract with my workplace...so we do all the servicing for them periodically plus the operator is a chiobu...

Last week got another engine overhaul...waterpump broke,engine overheat and still the operator use till the radiator dry up...open up the engine,oil sludge was everywhere...cylinder bore koyak(confirm need to rebore,put in new oversize piston n rings)...luckily conrod n bearing survived...

Edited by JbAtRaCeR

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582610_512257702123995_1975741852_n.jpg

"Irreplaceable"

that is normal price.. but ive asked a few shops already.. my friend did his full overhaul for $1.8k at bikelab (but he told me he used back his old pistons since its still ok.. only change the piston ring).. some knowking sound before.. now he lurves his engine more than ever.. I might go down and ask meng tong abt my bike.. wanna ask for his opinion.. im now 75% sure of keeping the bike..

1.8K??? so ur fren change only the piston ring? hw bout the con-rod? coz u mention the knocking sound...

1.8K??? so ur fren change only the piston ring? hw bout the con-rod? coz u mention the knocking sound...

he was diagnose with con-rod bearing problem.. i dunno what he meant by full overhaul but in the end he was charge $2.5k with some extra additional power setting.. but he told me he never change the piston.. so i guess there must be some parts that he did not change.. where did you send your bike to?

he was diagnose with con-rod bearing problem.. i dunno what he meant by full overhaul but in the end he was charge $2.5k with some extra additional power setting.. but he told me he never change the piston.. so i guess there must be some parts that he did not change.. where did you send your bike to?

i send it to racewerk.....my piston can be use back...they change all four of my con rod...

i dun nie abt the conversion....

but i usally pump front 34 to 36 psi & rear 38psi....

tat wat i do....

Bro.... For me i pump 42 rear and 40 front. If going on long trip i reduce by 2 front n back. Works fine for me. I m using Metzeler Z8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.moto-station.com/ttesimages/motodivers/nouveautes2006/BMW_R1200GS_Adventure_acpz.jpg

1998 WR200 FR****M

2000 Hornet 250 FS****S

2007 Gilera SP FS****T

2007 Honda Super 4 Version S FQ****H

2008 Fazer 600S FZ****U

2009 CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird FZ***U

2011 BMW GS 1200 Adventure FBB****H

2013 Gilera VXR 200 FBB****H

thats true.

thats why i say shouldnt stinge on old chnge.. when its time to go, it must go...

but of cos this is not the reason to splurge, when its not time yet it will still go unless otherwise.

There is no replacement for displacement, except for Ah Seng

:angel:

from what i know, the wrecked bb(i believed used to belong to a fellow bird rider in this forum) at bikewerks was sold off to racewerk. AhBeng told me the other day. The internals all still new. So bro Rok_yantzen u sent to racewerk? did they use new parts or 2nd hand parts?

yup the wreck bike belong to one of the riders here,internal still new so can get fairly cheap price on that.

My orgasm starts at 299km/h.....

Personal ride -

1st ride - TRZ 125

2nd ride - GSXR-K

3rd ride - CBR400RN

3rd ride - Super 4(S)

4th ride - R1

5th ride - CBRXX1100:thumb:

hmmm got another wrecked BB in shop?planet has one, and im intending to transfer the parts in the wrecked BB into my BB...cuz my ride is too orgasmic for my liking liao....sian

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

from what i know, the wrecked bb(i believed used to belong to a fellow bird rider in this forum) at bikewerks was sold off to racewerk. AhBeng told me the other day. The internals all still new. So bro Rok_yantzen u sent to racewerk? did they use new parts or 2nd hand parts?

Hmmmm....They never mention anything about that wrecked BB......I told them to use first hand parts....roughly when the wrecked BB sent to racewerk?

Just got my overhauled BB just now......juz wanna ask some question...is it advisable for me to running in? if yes, wad is the maximum speed that I can ride?

And I found out that the vibration of my bike is rough? is it normal? Im still using my old piston but change all four of my con-rod, crank shaft bearings.....

Lastly the FI light is still there, so gonna bring my bike down to ah beng for him to check, whether its the knock sensor or the ECU.......

Hmmmm....They never mention anything about that wrecked BB......I told them to use first hand parts....roughly when the wrecked BB sent to racewerk?

not sure wen was it. but ahbeng told me he sold off the engine to racewerks, for abt $2k....thats all i knew...

Just got my overhauled BB just now......juz wanna ask some question...is it advisable for me to running in? if yes, wad is the maximum speed that I can ride?

And I found out that the vibration of my bike is rough? is it normal? Im still using my old piston but change all four of my con-rod, crank shaft bearings.....

Lastly the FI light is still there, so gonna bring my bike down to ah beng for him to check, whether its the knock sensor or the ECU.......

YOU MUST RUN IN!!! or u can go down to HKL and do HARD RUNNING IN..

not sure wen was it. but ahbeng told me he sold off the engine to racewerks, for abt $2k....thats all i knew...

2k for a new engine.....damn!

Dats quite a steal man...

Personal ride -

1st ride - TRZ 125

2nd ride - GSXR-K

3rd ride - CBR400RN

3rd ride - Super 4(S)

4th ride - R1

Running in at NSHW,to and fro.....touch n go to KL...wakakakakaka

Personal ride -

1st ride - TRZ 125

2nd ride - GSXR-K

3rd ride - CBR400RN

3rd ride - Super 4(S)

4th ride - R1

Guys,when new bike are produced,they are tested at high revs in all gears before leaving the factory,its better to crack in the factory than with the customer.If the batch fails,they will stop the ongoing batch for inspection.Some sort like QC la.

So running in juz do gradually from 80 - 90 - 100 - 120 - 140 - 200 - 299.

Personal ride -

1st ride - TRZ 125

2nd ride - GSXR-K

3rd ride - CBR400RN

3rd ride - Super 4(S)

4th ride - R1

Guys,when new bike are produced,they are tested at high revs in all gears before leaving the factory,its better to crack in the factory than with the customer.If the batch fails,they will stop the ongoing batch for inspection.Some sort like QC la.

So running in juz do gradually from 80 - 90 - 100 - 120 - 140 - 200 - 299.

299?? !!!!!!! wakkaaka!!!!