SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF X9 Cafe 2008 - Amalfi/Evo

Solaris10

Everytime my coolant water decreases, i top it up using normal tap water.. Is it ok to do that or must i top it up using coolant water? Is that one of the reason y the coolant pump spoil so easily? I juz change like 1 yr ago nia..

Max

SpecIII Rider

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk53/u0605382/SNC00042-1.jpg

http://www.speedtest.net/result/333285646.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys, gonna need some advice badly.. Today when i riding home, suddenly the reading for the themostat shoot up to the maximum High (means vertical upwards) and when i park my bike, i smell a burning smell near my back tyre there.. And one more thing, when i full throttle my bike, i can hear a crunky sound at the rear tyre.. Anyone experience this before? Can provide some advice? I fear the burning smell, is it dangerous to continue riding.. Please advise.. Thanks..

Ho say..ur coolant pump bearing gone liao..nid 2 change 2 new 1 loh!!!mi also kana like dat juz last month..mi never use tap water 4 coolant..mi juz use distilled water coz mi heard tap water produces rust earlier..tink coolant pump below 200 can get liao..

For you will know my name

when I lay my vengeance upon thee

X9 Evolution 200

Specie Evoluta

So only coolant pump bearing loose? Not coolant pump spoil? Only need to change coolant pump bearing ah? How much it cost? Please dun tell me need to change both, my bike keep giving me problems recently and i'm kinda broke.. :cry:

Max

SpecIII Rider

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk53/u0605382/SNC00042-1.jpg

http://www.speedtest.net/result/333285646.png

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2073/1569139725_dec83bba1b.jpg?v=0

guys.. check out the scratches at the side

not sure whether it can be saved, anyway what's the price to change this part of the cover?

also, how much does a side mirror cost? do I have to change it in pairs or can I get one only?

thx

Ride safely, Arrive Alive

Sept 05 - Sept 07 - NSR 150 RR

Sept 07 - Present - X9 200 Evo

from wad i know side mirror will cost u about $250. anyway scratches does'nt mean u have 2 change the whole thing ma. juz get it sprayed will do. coz u buy new 1 will cost u more than u spray

http://coastline.chu.jp/Resources/zxr400.jpg

Be cool, Be smart... Be your Yourself!

Regardless the bike model/brand. No matter how good/fast the bike is. Without skills the bike is nothing.

Money is'nt everything, but without money, you're just nothing!

also, how much does a side mirror cost? do I have to change it in pairs or can I get one only?

thx

you can refer back to post #1566 for reference on the side mirror. :angel:

ride safe today,ride again tomorrow

er.. anyone knows where the battery is located at?? is it the front part or the engine part that side

thanks

brake light that compartment,below yr top box..

Everytime my coolant water decreases, i top it up using normal tap water.. Is it ok to do that or must i top it up using coolant water? Is that one of the reason y the coolant pump spoil so easily? I juz change like 1 yr ago nia..

tap water can use but not advisable as said it corrodes faster..

use normal castrol can already..only a few dollars per bottle..:)

F-king hell...juz now park in far east plaza..dan someone else stole my speaker cover. Dan juz b4 i left de carpark when i park bike, saw a pearl white x9 amalfi which looks veri familar. So went over 2 take a look. Saw dat it was missing a speaker cover. Mi dan park bike at de lot in front of it n left. Dat was b4 i return 2 de carpark n found mi cover was missing on 1 side of de speaker!! N dat bugger also gone liao!!! Hope de thief crash n die ah!! NBCCB!!! If anione spots a pearl white x9 amalfi wif white side mirrors, top box modded wif sub woofer, a pair of jbl speakers wif COVER. Plz call de police!! Singapore veri small 1, wan 2 find veri easy1..N if u r de bugger reading tis...U BETTER RETURN MY COVER!!!

hummm.... white colour, with sub-woofer? custom top box with JBL woofer? is it a x9 250? I should know him, if yes, it may not be him as his JBL speaker at front is a 6" speaker. Yours i think is 5" right?

bro, you can come to me, i may have spare

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

There is no use in friendship with an ungrateful person.

Anger comes as a result of intolerance.

One who can maintain peace of mind is happy.

Happy is he who killed his own anger.

pearl white with sub woofer box? maybe u can ask Elton ... sounds like his previous bike. Anyway, not many places can do this kind of mod. So u can track down quite easily :p

I thought I have also seen a similar bike at the Scooter Outing at Little Bali. Is it P-Plate?

Elton never fix sub-woofer

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

Ha..at first i also tink is elton's ex bike..same brown seat...but as i compare de pic dan i dan realise dat bike has amalfi mirrors..gonna ask him on mon who he sold his bike 2...damn dat bugger..

brown colour seat... i think is the same person we talkin about. is a x9 250 honda engine.

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

Guys, gonna need some advice badly.. Today when i riding home, suddenly the reading for the themostat shoot up to the maximum High (means vertical upwards) and when i park my bike, i smell a burning smell near my back tyre there.. And one more thing, when i full throttle my bike, i can hear a crunky sound at the rear tyre.. Anyone experience this before? Can provide some advice? I fear the burning smell, is it dangerous to continue riding.. Please advise.. Thanks..

did you check the coolant level? any leaking from the water pump? my advise is better dun ride and send it for check ASAP.

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

is better to top up coolant water to prevent it from getting rust

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

I tink i've figure out what's wrong.. I checked the coolant, it's dry! And i try to refill it, i saw the coolant leaking near the rear tyre.. Is it that the coolant pump spoil? How much will it cost to change it? Haiz.. :cry:

Do not ride anymore or it will cause more things to give way like ( magneto anf magneto coil) et it check ASAP

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

So only coolant pump bearing loose? Not coolant pump spoil? Only need to change coolant pump bearing ah? How much it cost? Please dun tell me need to change both, my bike keep giving me problems recently and i'm kinda broke.. :cry:

you got to re-place whole coolant pump if spoil. Try not to repair as it will not last long

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2073/1569139725_dec83bba1b.jpg?v=0

guys.. check out the scratches at the side

not sure whether it can be saved, anyway what's the price to change this part of the cover?

thx

Just a re-spray will make it look like new, no need to change.

urs is 180 or 200?

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

Just a re-spray will make it look like new, no need to change.

urs is 180 or 200?

mine's a 200, it's over at ur place now got it over this afternoon

cost of my broken side mirror $180 and spray painting another $180

ouch lol

Ride safely, Arrive Alive

Sept 05 - Sept 07 - NSR 150 RR

Sept 07 - Present - X9 200 Evo

it turn more noisy because of the higher rev, it is normal. But i believe the pick up now is even better, am i right?

so you wanna join us to thai this coming thur nite?

Hi kenny, anyway was in thailand already on Thurs, in phuket.

Maybe the next time.. would like to 'tour' on it

Current rides: Ducati 999 and X9 500 SL

it's like that 1 la. certain things cannot be predicted. anyway ride safe next time. :thumb:

http://coastline.chu.jp/Resources/zxr400.jpg

Be cool, Be smart... Be your Yourself!

Regardless the bike model/brand. No matter how good/fast the bike is. Without skills the bike is nothing.

Money is'nt everything, but without money, you're just nothing!

oh,you've got a new signal mirror!

new one is $180? or refurbished?

mine was broken by someone in school 2 weeks ago. No choice but to fix it up :cheeky:

Selling my

- X9 Evo Winter Windshield

Feb 2004 - Sep 2004: TA 150

Sep 2004 - V Day 2009: X9 Evo

Jun 2008 - ~~~~~ : Fit GD 1.3 A