SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Silverwings Cafe 2008 - JDM/Euro 400/600

CCK

Originally posted by contacted@March 12, 2007 08:11 pm

hey all,

just wondering if other riders here experience the same thing when it comes to wind. My bikes previously had no windshields so the SW400 was my first with a windshield (which I love alot).

But when wearing t shirts/polo t (anything not tucked in) it blows it 'wide open' showing my baby fats. So I normally 'anyhow' tuck in when at a stop, of course if I had great abs I wouldn't mind, but... haaha just wondering if this is the norm, which I think should be.

Regarding accessories, anybody knows where I can get handguards? Those type that normally goes on scamblers, anybody here got install?

hi bro contacted,

you need a riding jacket to solve that. safety first :thumb:

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by josean@March 13, 2007 09:37 pm

or

http://starling.jp/bike/sw400/handle/DSC00246.JPG

:smile: looks quite cool man, saw this on Suzuki's website for their Burgman 400

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11896/burgman400_10.jpg

Honda Phantom TA200: Sep 04 - Dec 05

Ducati Monster M400: Dec 05 - Feb 07

Honda Silverwing FJS400D: Feb 07 - Jan 09

Honda Shadow 400: Nov 10 - Dec 11

Aprilia SR Max 300ie: Jul 12 - Mar 15

Originally posted by dirt_man8@March 12, 2007 01:07 am

I had previously posted the below questions...Appreciate if anyone can advise?Thanks!

1. How do i switch off the 'V' Belt indicator Light after i had replaced the Belt?

press the menu and the reset button and hold it there. the V belt indicator will blick and go off.

2. Was told by mechanic that Swing400 Original Rollers can last for at least 70,000km....Is it true?

Just change it together with your belt after 25000 to 30000km

3. What are some Wear & Tears parts to be replaced once millage hits 25,000km?

Belt?

4. Any Swingers tried the 'Doctor Pulley" Rollers?

Not sure

Thanks Dirt_Man8 for your prompt reply! Appreciate it!

Regards

Rogerio

Originally posted by duracellb@March 13, 2007 04:27 pm

hi bro contacted,

you need a riding jacket to solve that. safety first :thumb:

hahah yeah i normally wear one, just that on those blazing hot afternoons i don't. =]

Anibody got a digital/hard copy of the sevice manual

600 or 400 cc not really matter....

:btw: ani 1 know how much is a copy of the service manual and where can i get it....

thanks

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/53/59/3789535/1_767012671m.jpg http://photos.friendster.com/photos/53/59/3789535/1_940922888m.jpg

Originally posted by ]Roger{@March 15, 2007 12:08 am

Anibody got a digital/hard copy of the sevice manual

600 or 400 cc not really matter....

:btw: ani 1 know how much is a copy of the service manual and where can i get it....

thanks

I also searching high and low, cannot find, only found the parts catalogue for SW 600.

Just wondering, does the Silverwing consume engine oil? Do you all have to topup often? :confused:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

I believe all Silverwings are fuel-injected. :sweat:

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Guest cheeko
Originally posted by william_liu@March 15, 2007 04:52 pm

I believe all Silverwings are fuel-injected. :sweat:

:smile: hi william liu, do check ur silverwing service manual, 100% sure have 1. Even for my previous FJR fuel injection model, we did do carb syn. Go check with FJR thread, most did it at 10,000km :smile:

You mean service throttle bodies ah? Those type that is done by using computer...

Cos no carbs, so not really correct to say 'carb sync'.... :sweat:

Anyway I don't ride a Silverwing...:help:

Originally posted by william_liu@March 15, 2007 03:21 pm

Just wondering, does the Silverwing consume engine oil? Do you all have to topup often? :confused:

Depends on the type of EO being used. So far I know one kind of EO need top up. :smile:

Originally posted by Silverwing JDM@March 19, 2007 08:30 pm

Seems very cold here:weep:

*pat pat* dun sad

Originally posted by cheeko@March 15, 2007 04:35 pm

:smile: has any of u guys here done carb syn b4 yet?

Hi Cheeko,

I did the tuning on mine if that is what you meant by carb syn.

It was about 2 months ago when I got the bike.

Bikes ridden:

89-YamahaLC125, 91-SuzukiRG125, 92-HondaCBR400J , 94-YamahaVirago400, 94-SuzukiGSXR400R, 94-YamahaTZR125, 94-HondaCBR400NFireblade, 96-HondaSteed400,

97-AprilaExtrema125, 97-HondaCBR400LFireblade ,98-HondaShadow400, 00-HondaCB400VTEC1, 01HondaSteed400, 05-PiaggioX9180, 07-HondaSilverwing400, 11-KymcoDowntown300

2014-Majesty 400 2015-Silverwing SW-GT400 2017-Yamaha Tmax530

I believe that is possible. :smile:

Originally posted by sfubar@March 21, 2007 12:41 am

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if the Leo Vince muffler for the 600 can fit onto the 400? Many thks!

I believe that is possible.

Not necessary.

It will depend on the model of your Swing.

Jap Swing have a few version, some can accept full system and some can only accept slip on.

Euro Swing can only accept slip on, unless you ask mech to modify your exhaust system for you or the exhaust maker have come out with a full system that is compatible with the Euro Swing.

So make sure and check with the official exhaust maker first.

:thumb:

Originally posted by 867k@March 21, 2007 01:58 pm

Not necessary.

It will depend on the model of your Swing.

Jap Swing have a few version, some can accept full system and some can only accept slip on.

Euro Swing can only accept slip on, unless you ask mech to modify your exhaust system for you or the exhaust maker have come out with a full system that is compatible with the Euro Swing.

So make sure and check with the official exhaust maker first.

:thumb:

Oops... paiseh! :sweat: