SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

HONDA RVF 400 or SUPER 4 SPEC 2?

Kingsp

RVF also can ride to KL without any problem, except the riding position more uncomfortable.

Serious ah bro? u got try before is it? Cause i never heard abour VF travelling to KL before sia!!! lol...Cause heard it will overheat fast or breakdown halfway...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i met a new friend who used to ride CBR400 to KL.. he said half way riding and his engine temp light up and so his CBR ended up drinking more coolant water every time he did a stop over. as for RVF vs CBR, CBR should be more fuel friendly in theory :D

i feel overall the issue with RVF and CBR are parts and maintenance. S4, even if its Ver S or PB1, parts are easier to get. different ppl have difference tolerance for these things :) if the owner is able to get the cooling system changed etc then it should be ok i suppose.

spec 1 is a good choice cos i think spec 2, 3 and revo is just too expensive for a class 2a ah. i wouldnt mind getting it but my budget limit me to a ver s hahaha

i met a new friend who used to ride CBR400 to KL.. he said half way riding and his engine temp light up and so his CBR ended up drinking more coolant water every time he did a stop over. as for RVF vs CBR, CBR should be more fuel friendly in theory :D

i feel overall the issue with RVF and CBR are parts and maintenance. S4, even if its Ver S or PB1, parts are easier to get. different ppl have difference tolerance for these things :) if the owner is able to get the cooling system changed etc then it should be ok i suppose.

spec 1 is a good choice cos i think spec 2, 3 and revo is just too expensive for a class 2a ah. i wouldnt mind getting it but my budget limit me to a ver s hahaha

engine temp light up? Damm If anything happens halfway sure die liao! *TOUCHWOOD* Somemore its MALAYSIA! HAhaha....Bro u see ah i and my friends are now cracking our head soo much....Our first choice was RVF than CBR400 and the last choice was CB400 spec 1. But now all RVF i saw is above my budget sia...All is above 7K. How to afford man? haha...Put maybe 2 or 3k extra can get class 2 bike. So RVF out from the list...So either cbr400 or spec 1 la...also heard many rumors about CBR400 about overheating fast, eat patrol very fast, wear and tear and blah blah blah. But CBR400 is within my budget sia. Can get with renewed COE below 5K. As i love sports bike. wat if i go get myself a good condition CBR400? I mean Just for normal riding and to and from work only. Than maybe once every 2 or 3 months i ride to KL...wat u think bro? I am sure nothings gona happen to the bike rite? I mean come on la its freaking 400CC bike man....Even spark/Wave can travel to genting without any breakdown why not a cbr400? Plus its powerful. *THINKING* HAHAHA

Lo I had a similar issue when I looked for my 2a. Wanted revo with ABS but realized prices are crazy. Also my friend managed to survive an overheating engine to kl haha but in the long run, might need to check gasket and all, and ya all the riding scared like hell.

Actually for 2nd hand bikes like s4 or cbr, its hard to really define good condition ah unless you really meticulous and know what to look at. Think especially cbr if you really wanna get it can, but got to consider if you are willing to go through additional hassles regarding maintenance. Maybe you can set aside a budget for a new cooling system? So e.g you saving 5k for bike, save up 500 more for suprises within first few mths? Its not really about engine capacity but just overall state of old engines I feel. Anyway if you want, consider the s4 ver s hehe

engine temp light up? Damm If anything happens halfway sure die liao! *TOUCHWOOD* Somemore its MALAYSIA! HAhaha....Bro u see ah i and my friends are now cracking our head soo much....Our first choice was RVF than CBR400 and the last choice was CB400 spec 1. But now all RVF i saw is above my budget sia...All is above 7K. How to afford man? haha...Put maybe 2 or 3k extra can get class 2 bike. So RVF out from the list...So either cbr400 or spec 1 la...also heard many rumors about CBR400 about overheating fast, eat patrol very fast, wear and tear and blah blah blah. But CBR400 is within my budget sia. Can get with renewed COE below 5K. As i love sports bike. wat if i go get myself a good condition CBR400? I mean Just for normal riding and to and from work only. Than maybe once every 2 or 3 months i ride to KL...wat u think bro? I am sure nothings gona happen to the bike rite? I mean come on la its freaking 400CC bike man....Even spark/Wave can travel to genting without any breakdown why not a cbr400? Plus its powerful. *THINKING* HAHAHA

That means he was unprepared la, going far up north must bring extra stuff, just in case...and knowing a lil DIY is good too.

A man was hit by a cab in the street. He was brought to the hospital. His wife who was standing up by his bed, said to the doctor: "I think that he is very ill." "I am afraid that he is dead."said the doctor,Hearing this, the man moved his head and said: "I'm not dead. I'm still alive." "Be quiet, "said the wife. "the doctor knows better than you!"

Just then a voice called from outside the door, "If you do, I won't go."

does anyone get the joke???

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/4931040347_0bda87b07d_b.jpg

V engine r well known for their acceleration where as inline four engine r well know for durability (correct me if I'm wrong)

wanna wack all the way up to KL at least once a month? Dun headache, get the S4. More comfort as well compare to the RVF!

Nothing is problematic so long problem comes get it solved immediately...!

• 3 months later...

All depend on your tolerance level and also your income. If you think you can afford to maintain a RVF or CBR400, then go ahead. But don't forget this, fairing bikes/sports bike will make you feel uncomfortable and uneasy when travelling for long distance....

For super four if you're planning to get a vtec version, advice is to get at least spec 2.

• 2008-2009: Honda NSR SP150
  • 2009-2010: Yamaha Spark T135
  • 2010-2014: Honda CB400 Hyper Vtec III
  • 2014: Kymco Xciting 400i

:cheers:

Cbr/RVf such bikes are sports.

However, to me I dun really have so called passion in bikes, which I depend them on transport only.

Personally, I would go for the latter..

I regretted buying CBR 400 few years back. Bloody manufactured in 1991. FJ plate.... RVf also old in a way if u understand. Ppl whacked them until dun know where Liao.

Bike shops also tell me. Such bikes are bought to repair and give u headache only.

I was laughing out loud. As I was relieved that I managed to get rid in just 5 months. read my signature. Waste of time and money!!!

5 Oct 2005 - Jun 2007(SP) FS6059X

18 Jun 2007 - 26 Nov 2007 -> CBR400, L model problematic FJ532*S

26 Nov 2007 - 12 Nov 2011 -> TA200, FV2X2G

12 Nov 2011 - 12 Nov 2012 -> SYM GTS200, FZ99*0D

29 Nov 2012 - 13 July 2015 -> KIA Rio HB 1.4M, SFY*

13 Jul 2015 - 28 Apr 2018 -> Kia Cerato V2 SKT*

28 Apr 2018 till current -> Hyundai Elentra S_trim SLZ*