SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

LTA on Harley Davidson Exhaust

HD883

lta and tp work hand in hand. agreed. tp is on road safety. lta on illegal mods.

i have the LTA fella photo who summon me. search in name in FB, chun chun his profile not private. lucky iphone got snap shot. dunno whether wanna upload his face here.

anyway, just wanna check, lta officers allowed to dye hair?

to all other HD riders, please be fair. all our bikes with aftermarket pipes are loud. be considerate when entering car parks at night or leaving in the early morning. some ppl might complain. we dont need to rev our bikes to get attraction. The name HARLEY DAVIDSON is more than enough of an attraction. be proud of it.

please also be informed that these lta officers can come up to ur carpark, take photo of ur bike, call u for inspection. illegal? pay summon ah.. to get approval on pipes, i would rather write in for vance n hines or bassani. personal opinion. ;)

ride safe all bikers!

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lta and tp work hand in hand. agreed. tp is on road safety. lta on illegal mods.

i have the LTA fella photo who summon me. search in name in FB, chun chun his profile not private. lucky iphone got snap shot. dunno whether wanna upload his face here.

to all other HD riders, please be fair. all our bikes with aftermarket pipes are loud. be considerate when entering car parks at night or leaving in the early morning. some ppl might complain. we dont need to rev our bikes to get attraction. The name HARLEY DAVIDSON is more than enough of an attraction. be proud of it.

please also be informed that these lta officers can come up to ur carpark, take photo of ur bike, call u for inspection. illegal? pay summon ah.. to get approval on pipes, i would rather write in for vance n hines or bassani. personal opinion. ;)

ride safe all bikers!

Well....u sure can start new THREAD for the unHONORABLE Enforcers. :cheeky:

Don't think there's any law, preventing anyone taking decent photo, especially for evidence purposes.

U done yr NS? NS can dye hair??? o_O

Same applies for all Uniformed Personnel under the Singapore Legislation.....

Suppose...VERY lenient during Roll-Call.

me vote for POST the Picture..... :thumb:

No point taking photo of him or posting his photos anywhere lah. The fact is that we are in the wrong by installing illegal exhaust. Even if you expose him, at most he get scolded and spend $50 to dye his hair back. But he will make sure you die die have to pay the $500 fine. Worse still, he go to your carpark every once in a while to take photo of your illegal exhaust. End of the day you cannot tahan, you will lose. Unless you change everything back to stock, then he got nothing against you. But by then, you won't have to post his photos on forum because he won't come and catch you anymore.

ride safe all bikers!

no more elections

who tell you go vote pap? 60.1% agree on this crap?

Tony Tan elected liao

you think they care?

Always ride safely and defensively.

Repair bike cheap and fast,

Repair body expensive and slow.

There is only one best mechanic for your bike...YOU

No point taking photo of him or posting his photos anywhere lah. The fact is that we are in the wrong by installing illegal exhaust. Even if you expose him, at most he get scolded and spend $50 to dye his hair back. But he will make sure you die die have to pay the $500 fine. Worse still, he go to your carpark every once in a while to take photo of your illegal exhaust. End of the day you cannot tahan, you will lose. Unless you change everything back to stock, then he got nothing against you. But by then, you won't have to post his photos on forum because he won't come and catch you anymore.

what is legal or not legal is defined by them dun make sense

a louder exhaust will hurt who? just some no lifer who like to call 999 becos in real life they are losers

and nobody like to talk to them

Always ride safely and defensively.

Repair bike cheap and fast,

Repair body expensive and slow.

There is only one best mechanic for your bike...YOU

I will and stand to believe that .....I will do whatever i want....and fcuk care those low life *******.

Example, if i wants to install or do anything illegal....damn it i will prepare to get fine or more that's it.

Anyway, this world is turning upside down...dude

1. Years back ...2 artistes, fought in Marina Superbowl, in the end right now still a PUBLIC FIGURE in Singapore. In a working Company, what if two fight....both will get terminate straight away...right?

2. Years back... 1 artiste drink and drive....AND hit someone on the road, what happened then??? This person gotten jail with bad record and now even more famous and also a PUBLIC FIGURE......and the best part is the above 1 and 2 are not even Singaporean...DAMNED IT

3.So what is a TP with dyed hair , that they're not even or going to bother even if you write in to the PRESIDENT, Mr T.T....right!!!

On the above are true facts.....any offence here, just got to accept...and this is life!!

try asking a ex-convict to apply a job in Mediacorp or Police force, see whether they can get in or not......HAHHAHA

There is no Copy Right when spreading a Word on safety. :thumb: :thumb:

I will and stand to believe that .....I will do whatever i want....and fcuk care those low life *******.

Example, if i wants to install or do anything illegal....damn it i will prepare to get fine or more that's it.

Anyway, this world is turning upside down...dude

1. Years back ...2 artistes, fought in Marina Superbowl, in the end right now still a PUBLIC FIGURE in Singapore. In a working Company, what if two fight....both will get terminate straight away...right?

2. Years back... 1 artiste drink and drive....AND hit someone on the road, what happened then??? This person gotten jail with bad record and now even more famous and also a PUBLIC FIGURE......and the best part is the above 1 and 2 are not even Singaporean...DAMNED IT

3.So what is a TP with dyed hair , that they're not even or going to bother even if you write in to the PRESIDENT, Mr T.T....right!!!

On the above are true facts.....any offence here, just got to accept...and this is life!!

try asking a ex-convict to apply a job in Mediacorp or Police force, see whether they can get in or not......HAHHAHA

lol.... just pray that your next life... father is big shots... u can fit whatever exhaust u like...

you will also get a universal street legal certificates complimentry with a 'no need to check' seal for all exhaust you can find in the market. During inspection time just flash it to the inspector..

Edited by andyncc

lol.... just pray that your next life... father is big shots... u can fit whatever exhaust u like...

you will also get a universal street legal certificates complimentry with a 'no need to check' seal for all exhaust you can find in the market. During inspection time just flash it to the inspector..

Father or mother is big shot or not in my next life doesn't matter at all....what now is to live my life to the fullest....and of course i can fit whatever exhaust i like....isn't it that what ppls are doing right now????

There is no Copy Right when spreading a Word on safety. :thumb: :thumb:

what is legal or not legal is defined by them dun make sense

a louder exhaust will hurt who? just some no lifer who like to call 999 becos in real life they are losers

and nobody like to talk to them

by right, any exhaust with relevant certification from EU or JMCA is deemed to be street legal worldwide. EU controls are considered 1 of the most stringent in the world on sound and emissions. if the brand of exhaust can pass, it means proper R&D has been done and conform to specs.

but for sunny singapore, we don't have the luxury of that. only those which are brought in by dealers/distributors are considered STREET LEGAL.. :sian:

FYI: our LTA follows specs of EU and JMCA to approve exhaust, but IIRC, LTA doesn't have the facilities to replicate the testings done by EU/JMCA. So if you guys are able to read between the lines, you guys might know what i'm trying to say here.. ;)

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

by right, any exhaust with relevant certification from EU or JMCA is deemed to be street legal worldwide. EU controls are considered 1 of the most stringent in the world on sound and emissions. if the brand of exhaust can pass, it means proper R&D has been done and conform to specs.

but for sunny singapore, we don't have the luxury of that. only those which are brought in by dealers/distributors are considered STREET LEGAL.. :sian:

FYI: our LTA follows specs of EU and JMCA to approve exhaust, but IIRC, LTA doesn't have the facilities to replicate the testings done by EU/JMCA. So if you guys are able to read between the lines, you guys might know what i'm trying to say here.. ;)

That the LTA should take EU regulations as the de facto standard and not inhibit the growth of Singapore's GDP by not approving exhausts for whatever bikes if they are up to that standard - as more people will buy bikes, because exhausts are legal and will produce the sound that they want (which is usually a reason for people to purchase a bike) and therefore consumption goes up, leading to higher GDP.

Class 3 = 02/07/2002

Class 2B = 24/04/2008

Class 2A = 22/12/2009

Class 2 = 10/02/2011

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

That the LTA should take EU regulations as the de facto standard and not inhibit the growth of Singapore's GDP by not approving exhausts for whatever bikes if they are up to that standard - as more people will buy bikes, because exhausts are legal and will produce the sound that they want (which is usually a reason for people to purchase a bike) and therefore consumption goes up, leading to higher GDP.

Higher National Profit leads to Higher Government Budget leads to higher bonuses for the TP and LTA people who fine us, and yet they dont have to summon legal exhaust systems anymore, ALL POSSIBLE, IF THEY ACCEPT EURO Emission standards as acceptable and replicable within this country.

Class 3 = 02/07/2002

Class 2B = 24/04/2008

Class 2A = 22/12/2009

Class 2 = 10/02/2011

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

"Till there's NOT a hole of potholes on the road and ZERO accident, i dont think they are carrying out their Roles and Responsibilities to their utmost diligence."

Zero accident??well everybody knows dats never gonna happen with the majority of selfish irresponsible drivers/riders out there

Bikes owned 2000-Present

'97 Yamaha WR200, '00 GasGas EC200, '81 Vespa PX150

'00 KTM 400EXC, '70 Vespa Sprint, '67 Honda CB175K0

'96 Honda CB400, '70 Vespa Super, '03 Honda XRV750

'67 Lambretta SX150, '98 BMW 1100GS, '01 Yamaha FZ1000

'02 Honda VFR800 V4 Vtech, '05 Gilera VXR200

'10 Ducati Hypermotard 796

Higher National Profit leads to Higher Government Budget leads to higher bonuses for the TP and LTA people who fine us, and yet they dont have to summon legal exhaust systems anymore, ALL POSSIBLE, IF THEY ACCEPT EURO Emission standards as acceptable and replicable within this country.

Singapore is following the EURO standards for exhaust emission.. BUT not all EU certified exhaust are street legal in singapore..

COCK rite?

Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

i agree with most of you guys...

i also agree aftermarket exhaust for HD is illegal. reason? all kind of bullshit. like i posted earlier :-

1. speeding lorry with 10 workers - endanger workers life and other road users. fine? some points, most to most $200.

2. aftermarket exhaust (not illegal ah) VnH, bassani, thunderheader etc not illegal - $500

see any logic? why dont approve HD exhaust?

anyway, after u get caught first time, the summon doubles and third time, u go up to court.

those got caught before sure scared. pay money all can pay... but i think going up to court for exhaust.. totally unreasonable...

just ride smart, and safe. dont over rev in ur carparks. many assholes will get angry! LOL!

no offence to HD owners..

but something just came up to my mind regarding emission standards for EU/UK compared to the US.

for most japanese makes, there are always 2 different class for a particular model. 1 made for the EU/UK/anywhere else version, versus a version made solely for sale in US due to emission standards.

and since HD is an american brand, made entirely in US and homologated to US standards, is approved for singapore road use.

and on the other hand, the various japanese and european brands like BMW, ducati are subjected to EU standards and also approved for Singapore road use.

but the missing link between the 2 is obvious. exhaust which are certified and tested by EU/JMCA(Japan Test Lab) for their exhausts are usually approved and legalised in SG, but not so for american brands like Graves or VnHs..

COCK again right? :sian:

Due respect to all the considerate HD riders, but I must say there are some dumbass HD riders who simply don't know where and when to rev their freaking loud bikes. Go into MSCP must rev. Ride out of MSCP, along the small road also must whack. Irritate the hell out of all the neighbours. Neighbours complain. Give exact location of where the bike is parked. Some even more free one will take the photo of the bike and send to LTA. LTA send letter to your house... and so the cycle begins...... :sian:

I'm considerate . I used to push my bike 200 meters out of MSCP at 3am , start the engine near stretch of bungalows and then glide it down hill . No complains so far .

but the missing link between the 2 is obvious. exhaust which are certified and tested by EU/JMCA(Japan Test Lab) for their exhausts are usually approved and legalised in SG, but not so for american brands like Graves or VnHs..

Think these American companies did not apply for their products to be sold here , small market .. need a representive here .. troublesome and unprofitable .

Edited by le_stann

Doing everything DIY that I can now.. Judging by the way things are rite now , it is for the best..

Makes you stronger and less dependent on bike shops.

Encourage others to do likewise and help new riders identify fair deals online~ thus making direct seller to buyer purchases.

Its the only way we can push the motorcycle industry in Singapore forward.

To get the so call illegal exhuast to be legal is not the job of the maker but rather the job of the agent or distributor who carrys the brand here. Stay stock 49 state if you can get one...just as good and seriously..that's my all time HD tone...

I'm considerate . I used to push my bike 200 meters out of MSCP at 3am , start the engine near stretch of bungalows and then glide it down hill . No complains so far .

Think these American companies did not apply for their products to be sold here , small market .. need a representive here .. troublesome and unprofitable .

FC88K:cheeky:

Present Stable :

Honda Stream 08'

99' Heritage Springer Fusion Stock..

02' FXWDG3...Dyna Wide Glide CVO...only 600 blue and 600 black in the world

Hand made by Harley and only 2 or possibly 3 unit in Sin City....

regardless of the exhaust branding, HD is definitely running on US emission standards. Correct me if i'm wrong here.

and since LTA approved HD to be on SG roads running on US emission standards, why can't they do the same for US branded pipes?

exhaust makers are also bounded by emission standards, be it EU or Japan or US. If they don't design/make their exhaust around the standards, nobody will actually wan to buy them. no customer would actually wan to risk getting caught and having to pay a fine. Even FIM have regulations set for exhaust for WSBK and stuffs.

So why is LTA practicing double standards on the way they are approving exhaust? Cock way of doing things.

Either you ban all makes of aftermarket exhaust, or you screw the rules and allow all.

same as you. the moment i enter the mscp, i switch off the engine and glide the bike to the lot. i am lucky because my mscp is in the basement so can glide down. :thumb: