SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Most popular Class 2A Cruiser

Dragstar

Which Chopper You Riding Now?  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Which Chopper You Riding Now?

• Shadow Slasher
    • Shadow ACE
    • Shadow Special Edition
    • Honda Steed
    • Dragstar Classic
    • Drgastar Custom
    • Hyosung 250
    • Suzuki Intruder
    • Others cruiser (2A only, please highlight in reply)

Originally posted by seanping73@Aug 24 2004, 04:14 PM

Think Shadow ACE and Dragstar Classic is top 1 and 2 popular in this forum

Tats becos there is local agents to look after them plus with everyone speculate how good the bikes is, rational will be most pple are more likely to go for those seem popular, if given a choice, some might just go for unique.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Shadow 400 = Shadow Ace?

What's the difference between Shadow Ace and Shadow Special Edition? Saw some 2A shadows with fat fat forks, what version is that?

I didn't know got so many shadows for 2A! I thought only got Shadow 400 for 2A.

:sweat:

c26492.jpg

Originally posted by yohji@Sep 20 2004, 07:31 PM

Is Shadow 400 = Shadow Ace?

What's the difference between Shadow Ace and Shadow Special Edition? Saw some 2A shadows with fat fat forks, what version is that?

I didn't know got so many shadows for 2A! I thought only got Shadow 400 for 2A.

:sweat:

serach throu thread here u will find more info ...

Some common way to differentiate

big big folk is shadow ACE,

2 pipes is shadow slasher

small folk and head light is special edition ..

SPIRIT OF DRAGSTAR

My Blogspot

Warcraft 3 Singapore Clan BALA homepage

Warcraft 3 Singapore Clan BALA Forum

My Computer

My Photo Album

http://www.geocities.com/sean_toh/signature1.JPG

Hi,

I just read another thread on the different shadows. Gets me exicted man!!

Now I know the Special Edtn not so special hehe, got small forks also. So the one I like is the ACE, big fork, 1 big exhaust!!!

My only concern is the handling. Will small sized pple have problem handling that monster bike esp. u-turns? I'm riding the small brother of Shadow 400 now and look forward to riding the big brother hehe ..

c26492.jpg

Originally posted by yohji@Sep 20 2004, 08:28 PM

Hi,

Now I know the Special Edtn not so special hehe, got small forks also. So the one I like is the ACE, big fork, 1 big exhaust!!!

My only concern is the handling. Will small sized pple have problem handling that monster bike esp. u-turns? I'm riding the small brother of Shadow 400 now and look forward to riding the big brother hehe ..

handling is not a problem for the big shadow, just ride the normal way and don't try to speed and sqeeze in the begining stage :smile:

It's not the miles per hour you go; It's the smiles per mile you get

www.kruzer.org.sg

http://re3.mm-a8.yimg.com/image/4267022567http://re3.mm-a10.yimg.com/image/404635075

Originally posted by seanwu@Sep 21 2004, 07:35 AM

handling is not a problem for the big shadow, just ride the normal way and don't try to speed and sqeeze in the begining stage :smile:

Alright, lemme get my cl2A first :sweat:

c26492.jpg

Originally posted by yohji@Sep 20 2004, 08:28 PM

Hi,

practise make perfect .. u ride for 3 days, then ok liao

SPIRIT OF DRAGSTAR

My Blogspot

My Computer

My Photo Album

Originally posted by Dragstar@Sep 21 2004, 09:07 PM

practise make perfect .. u ride for 3 days, then ok liao

Wah don't say ride for 3 days leh .. make me very gian already!! Really wish I can ride a Shadow ACE for 3 days now.

c26492.jpg

Originally posted by yohji@Sep 22 2004, 12:42 AM

Wah don't say ride for 3 days leh .. make me very gian already!! Really wish I can ride a Shadow ACE for 3 days now.

ATAN motor has 2 shadow .. i saw it this afternoon ... 5X00 plate number...

but i think the price need to slash

SPIRIT OF DRAGSTAR

My Blogspot

My Computer

My Photo Album

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Night_Hawk@Oct 11 2004, 10:41 AM

hmm.. Why not get a Dragstar.. ??? Seems like faster leh.. hehee

Funny comment....i dun see why Dragstar is faster than a Shadow when both is a chopper, have similar weight and engine capacity.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by nights@Nov 12 2004, 09:21 AM

Funny comment....i dun see why Dragstar is faster than a Shadow when both is a chopper, have similar weight and engine capacity.

:confused: May be then, must depand on the rider weight liao hehe, if the rider is a super fat ass :cheeky: sure slower hehe !!!

Strength & Honor

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11111/Rune_large_10.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Elite@Dec 18 2004, 07:36 PM

:confused: May be then, must depand on the rider weight liao hehe, if the rider is a super fat ass :cheeky: sure slower hehe !!!

Hello r you refering to me that fat arse??? :cheeky: :cheeky: Jus kidding lah...but it's tru that i am fat... :cheeky:

OK, final drives (shaft or chain) will make a diff in speed, engine brake effectiveness, response timing. For chain drive bike, we can play ard with the front and rear sprocket ratio to compensate the pickup or the top speed. Shaft can't. But shaft got a very heavy engine brake factor. Very effective. People did say that chain is better in handling speed and better (lighter) response. BUT i feel other wise. I feel shaft is more effective, cos it is directly coupled to the final mech drive. Which can be seen in the engine brake effectiveness. That mean the engine is directly affecting the final drive which translate to the rear wheel. That mean if the engine start to drag for speed thru the gearbox then to the rear wheel, shaft driven bike should be faster. For th shaft drive theory, can any expert correct me if i am wrong of the saying. Thanks in advance.

The other fatcor is the gearbox construction, gear ratios of each gearing maybe varies......

Bike condition too. Any mod done to the fuel jetting system? Many more factor loh..

Also the rider got the balls of steel to squeeze the juice out of the bike or not. :cheeky: :cheeky:

Practice make perfect....But since Nothing is perfect, Why practice so hard? by Cowboy Wong....

http://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2006/11/22/bikepics-729398-150.jpg

I didn't know I already in love with my Slow Little Greenie until recently almost selling her away...how can like that? :faint:

Originally posted by Intruder@Dec 28 2004, 01:51 AM

Hello r you refering to me that fat arse??? :cheeky: Jus kidding lah...but it's tru that i am fat... :cheeky:

OK, final drives (shaft or chain) will make a diff in speed, engine brake effectiveness, response timing. For chain drive bike, we can play ard with the front and rear sprocket ratio to compensate the pickup or the top speed. Shaft can't. But shaft got a very heavy engine brake factor. Very effective. People did say that chain is better in handling speed and better (lighter) response. BUT i feel other wise. I feel shaft is more effective, cos it is directly coupled to the final mech drive. Which can be seen in the engine brake effectiveness. That mean the engine is directly affecting the final drive which translate to the rear wheel. That mean if the engine start to drag for speed thru the gearbox then to the rear wheel, shaft driven bike should be faster. For th shaft drive theory, can any expert correct me if i am wrong of the saying. Thanks in advance.

The other fatcor is the gearbox construction, gear ratios of each gearing maybe varies......

Bike condition too. Any mod done to the fuel jetting system? Many more factor loh..

Also the rider got the balls of steel to squeeze the juice out of the bike or not. :cheeky:

Hi Intruder, haha no lah, just kidding only keke :cheeky: .

Hey dude I brought Shadow ACE liao, hais cannot find any good slasher leh, But I love my ACE very much too. Damn beautiful!! Someday we should organize chopper outing man!!

Cheers

Strength & Honor

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11111/Rune_large_10.jpg

Haha....just kidding only lah......Not an issue at all. Call me fat, dun call me big size..... :lovestruck:

Good that you love your ACE....this is an important factor. Cos if yor got to face a bike that you dun really like, it can be very painful.....

No problem for the Kopi session...just keep me update....

PMed you my no.

Practice make perfect....But since Nothing is perfect, Why practice so hard? by Cowboy Wong....

http://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2006/11/22/bikepics-729398-150.jpg

I didn't know I already in love with my Slow Little Greenie until recently almost selling her away...how can like that? :faint:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Originally posted by EVOIIIGSR@Apr 20 2006, 12:45 PM

sorry to budge in ... i m looking for a Kawa Vulcan Classic 800 ... let me noe by PM if you knoe anybody selling ... thanks :thumb:

Hi bro,

now interested in cruiser bikes? Long time no see so hows everything? what about your mortard?

It's not the miles per hour you go; It's the smiles per mile you get

www.kruzer.org.sg

http://re3.mm-a8.yimg.com/image/4267022567http://re3.mm-a10.yimg.com/image/404635075

Originally posted by EVOIIIGSR@Apr 20 2006, 12:45 PM

sorry to budge in ... i m looking for a Kawa Vulcan Classic 800 ... let me noe by PM if you knoe anybody selling ... thanks :thumb:

There is a vintage one over at Ang Mo Kio Autopoint 2 5th Storey. First shop before Seng Kwang.

If you are looking for newer model, 900cc version is coming soon at Evershine. Do call and check with them. Comes in classic and tourer version.

:goodluck: