SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] TA 200 Fuel Consumption

LostRose

oh... i see. thats great.. i super kia su... scared i jam in the middle of the highway without fuel ;-) k thanks for the tip.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If on the middle of journey, ur bike sputters and loses power, filter to road shoulder to switch tank if ur a noob or learn to switch tank while on the go. On average 1 litre can give u 35km. As TA200 has ard 11.3litre, take 10litre x 35km and so ur average mileage take as 350km plus minus. Safer every 300 go and top up. TA200 is a simple bike to ride, to maintain and also to love. Once u learn all these, its as if its 2nd nature. Personally i amke it a point to top up every 2nd or 3rd day of riding, cant go wrong with that.

I want to see the world and i'm pretty sure the world wants to show a little something to me.

when your calculations get better... you can copy what I usually do... calculate how much fuel needed... top-up pump on wednesday to last me til friday, then pump full tank when going for outing...

petrol savings...

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

best way to save fuel is to change ur gears early, but not too early till ur bike is getting labour...so far my worse consumption was 33L,cuz i forgot bout my eo till it got burnt away....and best was 42L...cuz i worked despatch wif it and thus i had to cover all e expressway available in sg...haha...and also remember one crucial thing...spark plug...do change it if u've got e spare cash...lyk every 20k km...and also after a new set of plug is installed tune up e carburator

fc 35km is it good??

just did the sums. millege minus milege divide by the number of Lites i just pump

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

35km/litre is the ave for phantom which is good. Better than my Vara which is always below 30km/h. U want better mileage, learnt to change gears using momentum.....no jerking and ride at 60km/h always. Im sure u can get 40km/litre......lol

I want to see the world and i'm pretty sure the world wants to show a little something to me.

35km/litre is the ave for phantom which is good. Better than my Vara which is always below 30km/h. U want better mileage, learnt to change gears using momentum.....no jerking and ride at 60km/h always. Im sure u can get 40km/litre......lol

okokok... cause i normally cruise at 80km to 90km as advice from u ;-) maybe i must learn not to throw clutch =p

yup wil try to hit better fc the next topups.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

Yupz, dun throw clutch. With time josh, u will understand what i mean by changing gears using momentum. Once u know by listening, u will know when to change, u wun drag, changing gears using momentum will be smoother and good for the bike. Anyways the fast response of ur bike, u can actually do fast clutch. Dunno how to explain lah, can only do it myself....kehkhee

Yupz, dun throw clutch. With time josh, u will understand what i mean by changing gears using momentum. Once u know by listening, u will know when to change, u wun drag, changing gears using momentum will be smoother and good for the bike. Anyways the fast response of ur bike, u can actually do fast clutch. Dunno how to explain lah, can only do it myself....kehkhee

fast clutch??

sometime i do change gear fast... like 60km in the meter , i'm on 6 gear already...

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

fast clutch??

sometime i do change gear fast... like 60km in the meter , i'm on 6 gear already...

be sure not to have the bike engine knocking while u change gear fast, cuz u'll feel ur bike feeling very languish...

Cheers!

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

• 2 weeks later...

ride on till u run into reserve,not the odometer reading, go fill some 2 litres of petrol(atleast)...now ride on, next time when u run into reserve, note the reading again..

so whatever distance u have covered between the two readings divided by the litres of petrol filled will give you a pretty accurate figure...the more petrol u put, more accurate wll be the value u get.... hope this helps...

sample calculation if u want..

1.1st reserve at 40000km

2.filled in 2 litres

3.next reserve 40070km...

difference = 70km

fc= 35kmpl.

if its ur typical fc that u want to find, ride the bike just the way u drive normally...

riding tips for better FC..

1.ride at an optimum speed...its usually 50 to 70kmph

2.change gears only when u need to...

3.try to maintain constant speed

4.avoid revving unnecessarily

5.avoid switching off engine for very short pauses less than 30 secs

6.maintaining correct tyre pressure

7.increase the quantity of petrol u fill and decrease the frequency,means put 5 litres once and not 1lt 5 times...

8.when u fill petrol run the pump slow, excessive speed causes increased evaporation

well thats pretty much all that i can think of...

yeah nowadays i dont rev unnecessarily . also i adjust my idling to the lowest possible (not too low of cos, just until the bike doesnt backfire). im also a naturally slow rider i usually cruise at 80-90 max. thus the improved fuel consumption. less traffic lights help too hahah. hmm over time i am learning to love and appreciate my phantom, except for the poor brakes though. any ideas how to improve the brakes?

Edited by LostRose

2004: Sanyang Husky 150

2005-2006: Arilia RS 125

2007-2012: Phantom TA200

2013: Gilera Runner ST200

yeah nowadays i dont rev unnecessarily . also i adjust my idling to the lowest possible (not too low of cos, just until the bike doesnt backfire). im also a naturally slow rider i usually cruise at 80-90 max. thus the improved fuel consumption. less traffic lights help too hahah. hmm over time i am learning to love and appreciate my phantom, except for the poor brakes though. any ideas how to improve the brakes?

change the brake hose to braided steel, sure :thumb:

ride on till u run into reserve,not the odometer reading, go fill some 2 litres of petrol(atleast)...now ride on, next time when u run into reserve, note the reading again..

so whatever distance u have covered between the two readings divided by the litres of petrol filled will give you a pretty accurate figure...the more petrol u put, more accurate wll be the value u get.... hope this helps...

sample calculation if u want..

1.1st reserve at 40000km

2.filled in 2 litres

3.next reserve 40070km...

difference = 70km

fc= 35kmpl.

if its ur typical fc that u want to find, ride the bike just the way u drive normally...

riding tips for better FC..

1.ride at an optimum speed...its usually 50 to 70kmph

2.change gears only when u need to...

3.try to maintain constant speed

4.avoid revving unnecessarily

5.avoid switching off engine for very short pauses less than 30 secs

6.maintaining correct tyre pressure

7.increase the quantity of petrol u fill and decrease the frequency,means put 5 litres once and not 1lt 5 times...

8.when u fill petrol run the pump slow, excessive speed causes increased evaporation

well thats pretty much all that i can think of...

easier way to remember...

pump full tank and calculate last distance travelled divide by how many litres of petrol pump...

eg distance 300km, petrol 7L = 300/7= 42.85km/L

Huat ah!!!

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

Waaaaa... Usually expressway FC will be better than city driving. Means you practically flying on the expressway huh.

You dun know him meh? haha. I ride like sportsbike style 29.5. Slow pick up style best i got was 34... okay la.. beggers cant be choosy. I think its my air intake or perhaps weight.. always pillion.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

how u derive the figures???

sometimes I ride only at night (a.k.a. last week), and the roads are empty...

wasn't long til I hit reserve

the times when I do purely stop and go traffic, I also did burnt one tank...

the average is derived from every single petrol refuel in my entire life! :cheeky:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg