SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] TA 200 Fuel Consumption

LostRose

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My bike can go ard 37 km/l

as just change spocket n chain.

change EO every month as average km travel for a day is ard 80-100 so need to spare the massive servicing down the road.

change sparkplug every 2 month again to avoid problems dwn the road.

think the only pro is the pickup with pillion a bit draggy other than that travel ard 80km/h should be able to hit that rate.

My bike can go ard 37 km/l

as just change spocket n chain.

change EO every month as average km travel for a day is ard 80-100 so need to spare the massive servicing down the road.

change sparkplug every 2 month again to avoid problems dwn the road.

think the only pro is the pickup with pillion a bit draggy other than that travel ard 80km/h should be able to hit that rate.

i have this problem too. Heard that the creep is caused by improper cluth freeplay or something. Will try to diy when im free and keep u updated. :)

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

Hello Jtzx, C7C sells only Kia and Mitsubishi cars...where got bike!!!!

Btw Vidak yes 5w40 is a monster of engine oils, last time 1 bottle i got it at 31....mebbe u can get it cheaper elsewhere?. Its one of the premiums oils, used for racing......be prepared for ur TA200 to not have engine brake....experienced it b4.

Hyder, when i rode the TA200, i serviced the bike monthly irregardless of the mileage i hit every month. I only use EO which i have used b4, check ur air filter as its the "lungs" of ur bike. If "lungs" clogged, bike sure cannot run. Chain tension plays a part too coz it 1 way or another dictates the way u ride.

Lastly as i've informed jtzx elsewhere, learn to slide into ur gears. Dun rev too hard, dun change ur gears in a "jerky" motion. Tune ur bike engine to be more into the better FC-wise. Thats about all.

I want to see the world and i'm pretty sure the world wants to show a little something to me.

ah cool wifey work there got discounts yea if you get a motor from her ;-)

felt like trying those ;-) but still testing out all the Eo first =p

how's new vara?

Vara has lower fc at 26km/l......but generally engine is different and also the use too. U wanna try vara?.....so far my vara got no 2nd rider....muahahaha

I want to see the world and i'm pretty sure the world wants to show a little something to me.

Btw Vidak yes 5w40 is a monster of engine oils, last time 1 bottle i got it at 31....mebbe u can get it cheaper elsewhere?. Its one of the premiums oils, used for racing......be prepared for ur TA200 to not have engine brake....experienced it b4.

Hyder, when i rode the TA200, i serviced the bike monthly irregardless of the mileage i hit every month. I only use EO which i have used b4, check ur air filter as its the "lungs" of ur bike. If "lungs" clogged, bike sure cannot run. Chain tension plays a part too coz it 1 way or another dictates the way u ride.

Lastly as i've informed jtzx elsewhere, learn to slide into ur gears. Dun rev too hard, dun change ur gears in a "jerky" motion. Tune ur bike engine to be more into the better FC-wise. Thats about all.

Thanks for the advice. After tuning and new tyres, fc improved.

Did a routine check up of my air filter after 10 000 km of travelling. Had the filter to be cleaned by ah chong at 4 000 km.

What i saw made me :faint::faint:

I saw alot of dust and black duct tape? o_O

Also noticed a little worn on the sides. Enough said, Ill be heading to lab this upcoming monday.

yupyup.. but there's a hardely showroom nearby =) so using semi or fully EO best suit ta200? service every month? what did u do? as in full service? go shop ask uncle see where need change just change?

yup i just blow clean the air filter at planet few weeks ago..

i finally learn how to slide into my gears.. nr throw clutch and staff already..

how to tune engine?

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone have tried adding 100% pure acetone for phantom to see if the FC got increase? the standard is 2.5ml per Liter of petrol, i thinking of trying when i put full tank next week. Below are some links:

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Acetone_Additive:FAQ

http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/motorcycles-f13/acetone-magic-works-t875/

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/12755-my-experience-adding-acetone-petrol.html

Anyone has experience with this ? Some queries will be :

1) Safe to follow the 2.5ml / liter rule? ( maybe i will try 1ml / liter first...)

2) Where to buy ?

3) This is not suitable for fuel-injected engine, just to confirm , phantom is NOT fuel-injected right ?

12 Jun 2008 - Class 2B

28 Jun 2008 - Honda Phantom TA 200 (COE 11/3/17)

17 Jan 2009 - Class 3

27 Oct 2009 - Class 2A

28 May 2016 - Yamaha Fino 115 (COE 04/8/24)

9 June 2017 - Honda CB400 Spec 2 (COE 02/1/23)

After removing top box, emptying side saddle bags, tuned my carburator and changed my air filter to knn hi flor, i gto from 29.9 to 37.3km/L on esso 5000. just to share. cheers.

On a side note, turning the carb jet clockwise takes in more air. Vice versa on the other direction on petrol. Monitor your spark plug to make sure you are not running hot. Better to be on the rich side which mine still is.

hey..thats wonderful...37.3 km/L..

by the way your calculation is based on the fuel u used and the speedo readings??

someone ..infact quite a number has mentioned that the phanton speedo is inaccurate.

some has mentioned..100km/hr is actually 80km/hr..

based on this 20 % diff in speed...

Can i assume that the 37.3km/L is actually 37.3x.8??= 29.84km/L?????

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

the greatest tool to use in good fc ..is:

1. your right hand...twist gently when pick up..

2. your left leg...change to the highest gear gently..

maintain at the lowest possible speed at any gear.

3. you right leg..use sparingly..watch out for hazards and avoid hitting the barkes.

4. shed loads on the bike..including your GF.

5. plan your route with leastest traffic lights.

6. service and maintain your bike properly...eg correct air pressure for tyres..slightly higher for better fc...but bad for braking..

how many of the above can you do?? if all of them..then 50km/l and above is not that impossible.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

• 4 months later...
When I was newer, I went really slow and could achieve about 37-39km/l. Nowadays, I ride faster to avoid being tailgated and being (nearly) sideswiped by other larger vehicles. And my FC has taken a huge hit to 32km/l :(

my fc ranges from 26km/l to 36km/l :smile:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

remove all your box(s)/bag(s) to get a good FC.

:p

DIY instructions

VTEC indicator for CB400 - http://tinyurl.com/7gvy3vy

Replacement/Changing of T10 light bulbs for CB400's Meter - http://tinyurl.com/8624wsa

:bouncefire:

2006 Aprilia RS125(Sold)

2006 Honda Phantom TA200(Sold)

1999 Honda Super 4 Hyper VTEC(Sold)

2003 Honda ST1300A Pan European(Sold) :thumb:

2010 Kia Cerato Forte Koup(Current)