SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] TA 200 Fuel Consumption

LostRose

I realise on very cold/rainny weather my phantom isn't as powerful as on warm or hot days anyone can explain?

My avg FC is 34km/L. But taken out box now avg 38km/L with aftermarket air filter.

Well Mark for ta150 it has a SP engine and a SP carb. So for 27km/L is quite good? Afterall phantom's body is much heavier then SP.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's interesting. Mine is optimised for cold weather and I get like (estimated backside dyno) 5% efficiency gain in the cold or even better when wet cos automatic water injection :D Whack all the way and won't heat up. I will purposely find a car kicking up a huge spray and ride in that spray for even better cooling (I have windshield nya :3)

Yours runs well on warm days and not so well on cold days - it could be the fuel mixture getting richer when cold. Denser air charge - possible over-rich condition, which reduces peak output. In compensation you can whack the thing (carbureted engines become lean under wide open throttle conditions) or try turning the screw 1/4 lean to experiment at midnight :3

Or you are indeed running too rich which gives you "spongy" throttle response. Need to whack with big stick then elephant move.

Mine is the complete opposite - lots of torque at low revs and throttle, like a cruiser. Can engage clutch at 1000rpm and won't stall, can move off. Will eventually want to change the ratios of the stock gearbox :D

27km/l on a 2stroke is decent! See if it can reach 30 with smaller rear sprocket and careful riding!

2T consumption - depends on engine design and 2T flow rate. TA150 owners should be able to tell you their average 2T usage.

--

I'm trying to get my FC up to 50km/l and beyond with some super careful clutch control and coasting downhill to gain/conserve momentum.

Last week's 47km/l was pretty much full throttle time attack with the gents from TPY and nearby. Yes, I was on max. torque all the way :p

Haha increasing 3km/L is damn hard... Changing to smaller rear socket. cost how much.. is it worth it for that small improvement in mileage haha

Class 3 - 29 May 2009

Class 2B -10 May 2010

Class 2A - 30 June 2011

2010-2011 Phantom 150

2011- Now GSR400

Do at planet together with new chain. Big difference :3 (40 to 47-50++ on my Phantom, 25 to 37 on Y125Z)

Allows you to cruise faster at lower rpm at the cost of some low end pickup. No penalty on my pickup because optimised for full torque at low RPM. Audi/Volkswagen style!

wooo Whats the price.. lols..

Class 3 - 29 May 2009

Class 2B -10 May 2010

Class 2A - 30 June 2011

2010-2011 Phantom 150

2011- Now GSR400

Can

- stage 1 - put cute things on bike. can be penguin sticker, pillow, cat, flower - so you always know to ride carefully :D

2: ensure good mechanical condition. Make sure the chain is properly lubricated, the tyres aren't flat, and the rear brake isn't bogging the bike down with a jammed piston. To test, you should be able to clutch in and coast a very, very long distance with a slight downhill road

3: kopitiam engineering. Because stock is there to be improved on, and you can gain power and efficiency by drilling holes in your bike.. if you dare! :3 More power/torque = more power reserve = ride at 5-10% throttle = Phantom PGM FI :D

Retain the stock filter (no need K&N, there are other ways to increase intake flow/decrease restriction) and do some stuff to the air intake path.

Aftermarket filters don't improve power, intake design improvements do.

This is a rather 'hairy' improvement as I believe I'm the only one who got significant benefits out of it (and other mods) so I'll know where and what to use the drill on.

Suffice to say - to break records, you gotta go against the trend and set your own rules. Screw the critics, it's my bike and it works better :D

Edited by Pandora's Kitten :3

wow! jux did a fill up and gosh! my hard riding over the week has made my FC from 33 avg to 27! urgh! but i admit most of d tym i whack like 100-110km/h one..

bro kalyan.. im intending to change my sprocket size.. wats d recommended sizes? cux im like 85kg.. and pillion quite frequently.. afraid nt enuf torque later for quick traffic light bursts..

if u can, PM me sum tips on things like tuning the carb? cux i read sumwhr u had silent running even when u whack hard.. rly want to hv this too bro.. and my idling nowadays very unstable la.. frm traffic light to traffic light it changes abit, sumtimes even stalling.. help pls!!

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

wow! jux did a fill up and gosh! my hard riding over the week has made my FC from 33 avg to 27! urgh! but i admit most of d tym i whack like 100-110km/h one..

bro kalyan.. im intending to change my sprocket size.. wats d recommended sizes? cux im like 85kg.. and pillion quite frequently.. afraid nt enuf torque later for quick traffic light bursts..

if u can, PM me sum tips on things like tuning the carb? cux i read sumwhr u had silent running even when u whack hard.. rly want to hv this too bro.. and my idling nowadays very unstable la.. frm traffic light to traffic light it changes abit, sumtimes even stalling.. help pls!!

PMs sent - feel free to drop by as I'm conducting some DIY, bike testing and convoying sessions over the weekend :3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wah i dunno what happened for past 3 full tank i pump my fuel consumption suddenly drop from 27 to 23.. at first i thought is my tires.. i pumped it den still 23.. =(.. and hor how come when i pump my tires i set 205 den i pull out i hear air release den i put back is 185.. issit coz my tires max at 185?

Class 3 - 29 May 2009

Class 2B -10 May 2010

Class 2A - 30 June 2011

2010-2011 Phantom 150

2011- Now GSR400

• 4 weeks later...

My 2 cent worth :

Everytime after refuel (till max), I'll record my meter. Therefore, I know what is my oil consumption. By the way my bike is abt 7+ yo (coe finish in 2013). My bike is TA200.

- It is abt 38.2km/l. (Use to go for 40-41 km/l a year ago).

- there is 9.5litre before you used your reserve.

- total tank is abt 11l (or slightly more). After I starting using reserve, my bike can crusie for another 58-62km.

* All the figure are tested and accurate for my bike only.

Hope this info will help.

- my speed is between 90-110km/h.

My 2 cent worth :

Everytime after refuel (till max), I'll record my meter. Therefore, I know what is my oil consumption. By the way my bike is abt 7+ yo (coe finish in 2013). My bike is TA200.

- total tank is abt 11l (or slightly more). After I starting using reserve, my bike can crusie for another 58-62km.

Very detailed test figures - and time-proved too :D

You're getting the top end of fuel economy at typical commuting speeds (i.e., not riding at 50kph!)

• 6 months later...
My 2 cent worth :

wow tts gd man. i m 57kg, ride cap at 110-115km/h. riding a 9 yr old ta200 (just bought from fren). only achieve 30-31km/l. initially still okay with the fc but after reading this thread sad sia wanna improve the fc to save money on petrol. just cleaned my air filter. hopefully can decrease the fc. maybe need to seek help from forumer if it doesnt work.

2014-2014: Vespa PX200E

2011-present: Honda TA200

2007-2011: Yamaha RXK135

mines 36km mostly. best was 40km/l when tuned to the correct setting.

ta 200 fuel consumption should range from 32-40km. in between you are fine, any lower and you probably need to look into the bike.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

wow tts gd man. i m 57kg, ride cap at 110-115km/h. riding a 9 yr old ta200 (just bought from fren). only achieve 30-31km/l. initially still okay with the fc but after reading this thread sad sia wanna improve the fc to save money on petrol. just cleaned my air filter. hopefully can decrease the fc. maybe need to seek help from forumer if it doesnt work.

im 70kg but my ride cap at 90km/hr. Getting 42km/l. You might wanna cap your speed at 100 max. :thumb:

12 Jun 2008 - Class 2B

28 Jun 2008 - Honda Phantom TA 200 (COE 11/3/17)

17 Jan 2009 - Class 3

27 Oct 2009 - Class 2A

28 May 2016 - Yamaha Fino 115 (COE 04/8/24)

9 June 2017 - Honda CB400 Spec 2 (COE 02/1/23)