SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Brembo asked "Are you guys interested to do a long trip with your scooters?"

Brembo

Wow, I'm interested! Been looking forward to an experienced rider to chio the newbies. Gilera ST200 can make it or not that far? I've never even entered JB with my gilly b4. Lol...

bro, some years ago, a bunch of vespa classics, flanked by a piaggio mp3 125 (with pillion), made it across the thai border. your st200 is consider overkill :-)

most importantly, scooter big or small, it should be serviced probably before the trip.

we should prep ourselves with a spare set of belt kits, just in case.

ans my personal experience, scooters especially to be thrashed for the long haul journey, should remain

as stock as possible (exhaust are ok). some performance parts are good for a short burst, they are not meant to last over long hours of continous beating...

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no guys...even he who is the most experienced one...can oni ride his nuovo and join us...hahaha

Hahahaha.......... this trip/touring only for scooter auto bike, his goldwing is out unless he change it to DCT. :)

History: Phantom, Atlantic 200, Phantom, Vara125 FI, TranAIP 400, Super4 (version s), Fazer6 S2, Advia 200, Silverwing 400 JDM 04, Silverwing 400 Euro 08, MaxSYM 400i, VFR1200FD DCT, NC700X, BMW C650GT, Fazer6 S1, BMW R1200GS LC, Majesty S XC155, BMW R1200RT(LC)

Present: BMW C650GT, Majesty S XC155

BROTHER! long time leh, last time was 2007? hehehe your 1.2 sure welcome...but cannot switch to manual hor...

and with 1.2litre, please be my rocket man infront...to open roads...haha

Manual button is auto disable :) I will be your front marker .........

History: Phantom, Atlantic 200, Phantom, Vara125 FI, TranAIP 400, Super4 (version s), Fazer6 S2, Advia 200, Silverwing 400 JDM 04, Silverwing 400 Euro 08, MaxSYM 400i, VFR1200FD DCT, NC700X, BMW C650GT, Fazer6 S1, BMW R1200GS LC, Majesty S XC155, BMW R1200RT(LC)

Hi all I am very interested in the trip. Don't know if I can go as I just change job. Will monitor this site diligently.

Hey Chris,

do not worry. we will plan local meetup 1st to meet up and get to know more on each other.

we are not planning for any particular long trip yet, as we are planning for the whole year ahead and even up to the next year songkran too.

erm...better not to get you guys too excited haha. its a long term thing, so Chris, if you cant make it for the upcoming one, there is always a next one to join.. :-)

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

I am keen. I have had a Phantom TA 200 for the last 8 years and recently got bitten by the scooter bug.

I got myself a Kymco like 200i. It is a Vespa look like, fuel injected bike and the top speed is 110 kph . I have no mods and the bike is stock, except for an iridium spark plug.

I am still breaking in my scooter though, just completed 800 k. Do you guys think that my scooter can make it for the trip?

I am keen. I have had a Phantom TA 200 for the last 8 years and recently got bitten by the scooter bug.

I got myself a Kymco like 200i. It is a Vespa look like, fuel injected bike and the top speed is 110 kph . I have no mods and the bike is stock, except for an iridium spark plug.

I am still breaking in my scooter though, just completed 800 k. Do you guys think that my scooter can make it for the trip?

Glad for you to join us here! Kymco Singapore themselves has organised trip to malaysia already. (not sure they crossed the Thai borders before)

I am sure your 200i is well built for the 1000km journey. Like I always said, well maintained machine always can do the job, its only up to the riders endurance. hehe...

See you soon!

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

John..i and a friend will be waiting for update:)

Ex - Honda CB400.

Ex - Yamaha Fazer S2.

Ex - Yamaha R1.

Ex - Suzuki Hayabusa.

Ex - Yamaha Spark.

Ex - Yamaha Tmax.

Current -

Honda Jazz.

Kawasaki ZX6R.

Whoa! I love this thread!

I have just completed a 3 days 2 nights ride to Lumut-Ipoh-Kajang ride. Aiming to go koh samui this year. All my bikes must touch the land of smiles!

Wow DRM bro...I just came from Ko Samui in April for the songkran, it was a fun place, the barge was a great experience.

As most of the route from Hatyai to Ko Samui is along the east coast of Phatthalung and Nakon Si Thammarat,

the sea view and the breath of the sea breeze is much more enjoyable comparing to the route to Phuket.

Cant wait to chat up with you on your experience. :)

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

Wow..! Those hours are inclusive of stops/rest or just the riding..? Sorry for the noob touring question..

slowly ride loh.....ride 2 hrs rest 20mins,continue....hahaha

2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave

307820_10150323232886544_694486543_7936127_1053552251_n.jpg

Wow DRM bro...I just came from Ko Samui in April for the songkran, it was a fun place, the barge was a great experience.

As most of the route from Hatyai to Ko Samui is along the east coast of Phatthalung and Nakon Si Thammarat,

the sea view and the breath of the sea breeze is much more enjoyable comparing to the route to Phuket.

Cant wait to chat up with you on your experience. :)

Hey! How many days did you go for the Ko Samui trip? Got sea view!! I agreed that the route to Phuket sucky!

Bro, no problem with your bike going up north. Many bikers rode their motorcycles & scooters up with no issues, as Brembo mentioned, bike should be well maintained & rider's endurance.

I seen on local bike magazine that Kymco's agent brought some bikers up north last year.

Bike touring should not be rushed, it should be a relaxed ride, we are going there to relax & unwind ourselves from our everyday busy schedule. Not to stress ourselves & stress our bikes. Most importantly is to reach our destination safely. :p

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb103/g-max1881/2009tmax500.jpg

"ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST"

"RIDE SAFE & SMART"

HP - 9645 7667 (Alvin)

Hey! How many days did you go for the Ko Samui trip? Got sea view!! I agreed that the route to Phuket sucky!

It was my 1st time to ko samui in April, i stayed 3 days 2 nights there.

From Hatyai, it was about 300km plus to Dosak pier. The barge leave the port every hour and takes about 1hrs plus to reach the island.

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

wei... deliberately exclude some ppl (me) rite.. nvm..

i shall gatecrash

Because you no ride a scooter.

Pls go buy 1 unless your GW and KTM got auto gear...

11 - 25 Nov - 15D, Taiwan - Fly and Scoot

7 - 15 Apr - 9D, Phuket and Hatyai Songkran

17 Nov to 2 Dec - 16D, North East Thailand (Issan)

30 Mar to 7 Apr - 9D Korea/Jeju Fly and Ride

8 - 24 Nov - 16D, Mae Hong Son

http://thehouseofdaviz.blogspot.sg/

It was my 1st time to ko samui in April, i stayed 3 days 2 nights there.

From Hatyai, it was about 300km plus to Dosak pier. The barge leave the port every hour and takes about 1hrs plus to reach the island.

wa...3 days 2 nights ah. 1 day reach KO Samui, is it??

wa...3 days 2 nights ah. 1 day reach KO Samui, is it??

I tink if we ride dilligently and take shorter breaks, from hatyai to donsak piere should take just about 4 to 5 hours. No chance riding fast cus we will pass thru alot of towns...similR to the way to phuket.

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

wei... deliberately exclude some ppl (me) rite.. nvm..

i shall gatecrash

Because you no ride a scooter.

Pls go buy 1 unless your GW and KTM got auto gear...

Yogi bro...

Dun gate crash with your GW leh...wait there is no gate left wo...hahaha

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

thks boss.. for saying i ride it like a scooter.. slush it into high gear & jus throttle.. & dump all the barangs into the saddles:thumb:....

btw.. found ur replacement battery?? i m looking for 1.. kao.. 2 years nia... slightly better than fazer eh :faint:

Thought I told you I bought the ballistic battery liao. Got that from unique.

For all you scooter riders thinking of going on a long ride. One thing you must have is endurance. It's not really fun to be riding when the Zz monster is at the back of your head all the time. I've seen more than enough cases of accidents or almost accidents due the rider fatigue. The organisers can only do so much, the riders themselves gotta gauged themselves if they can or willing to do it. :goodluck:

OLD NO GO, NEW NO COME.

That why I'm heading the front to wait for them :-)

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk 2

Thought I told you I bought the ballistic battery liao. Got that from unique.

For all you scooter riders thinking of going on a long ride. One thing you must have is endurance. It's not really fun to be riding when the Zz monster is at the back of your head all the time. I've seen more than enough cases of accidents or almost accidents due the rider fatigue. The organisers can only do so much, the riders themselves gotta gauged themselves if they can or willing to do it. :goodluck:

:thumb: Good advice from a very experienced rider. Thank You Encik.

Scarab have been riding countless of scooters & motorcycles for the past 10 to 20 yrs. He is a very experienced rider who takes good care of everyone on long trips up north. :thumb:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb103/g-max1881/2009tmax500.jpg

"ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST"

"RIDE SAFE & SMART"

HP - 9645 7667 (Alvin)