SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Before you overhaul your engine or gearbox

Quite by chance I came across a ceramic gel that rebuilds worn metal surfaces by metal to metal contact. If the parts are not broken this can repair wear n tear - priceless if the parts are no longer available or simply too expensive!

I have used it on my car's engine, auto transmission n rear axle successfully. I then tried it on my Magna V45 n Rebel 450

The greatest effect is on Rebel 450 which previously struggled to hit 100 kph on the highway now hits 120 kph with ease but I dun dare to push it further just yet

Having said that I'm not very sure if a Rebel 450 is supposed to be doing 120 kph at all. Not in keeping with its image

This ceramic gel is known as certech gel. It has produced solid no nonsense results on my car n my 2 class 2 bikes. Do message me if you want to know if you should try it - it's $80 a tube, not exactly cheap!

But if you're about to talk to your mechanic about overhaul of engine or gearbox or clutch slippage, all of which costs hundreds of dollars then you might want to try repairing the worn surfaces first.

Btw certech gel has been around for about 10 years already. Made in USA.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

After putting the gel in my engine, I could feel a slight knocking at low revs

Initially I thought nothing of it until a friend also using feedback the same thing

He advised me to re-adjust the timing and also retune the CO

It went very quiet on idling and also more power, not the roaring kind of power but a very refined power

Compression has improved too that's why need to be re-tuned

Already run about 250,000 kms...

Instructions for use are quite standard - after warming up the engine, switch off engine and squeeze one tube into the engine oil through the dipstick

After that run the bike for at least 5 - 10 km

Leave the certech gel in the engine oil for at least 500 - 1000 km before the next oil change

• 2 weeks later...

HI guys..

been running on the "certech gel"for my FZ1"06 roughly over 400km+ already and Ive noticed vast improvement in Engine Performance..i cud hear less of engine clanking noise wen idling which has always been troubling me.Vibrations at higher speed are also reduced.Only good vibrations are left which makes me wanna go faster even more.HEH..!Pick up has been improved.(do note that im still using my soon to change EO and its not cos of NEW EO).

Basically the product has done its job for my engine troubles and running quite smoothly i might say.

Wasn't too sure at first,now that i've tried it.My mind is settled.

THANKS TO BRO MUNCHONG for the "CERTECH GEL"..!

its not cheap but a worthy investment to see what other ways it cud werk for U.

cheers!!

Edited by madgabri
spelling error

As long as it is not a 2-stroke engine, there are no issues with its usage. For 2-stroke engines it can only be used for the engine oil portion and not the 2T

For the record, it is also not recommended for engines that are losing oil very quickly. Max dosage is 2 tubes and the effect is permanent for up to 80000 km (converted from 50000 miles)

Edited by munchong

• 4 weeks later...

To clear up some common misunderstanding, guys

This is not an additive to make the engine surface smooth or slippery - it is not an anti-friction modifier or metal conditioner

Usually after years of wear and tear under high stress, high temperatures and high pressure - markings may be found on metal surfaces especially on the insides of engine cylinder walls, pistons, piston rings, valve seats, con-rods, etc

When the surface has warped or distorted, some parts will lose their efficiency eg piston rings and cylinder walls have an extremely tight fit or else compression is lost

Under such circumstances, the engine can still continue operation but feels tired when accelerating. Rattling and knocking sounds may accompany acceleration from standstill. Anti-friction modifiers and metal conditioners are designed to solve other problems; not these.

Ceramic repair gels are designed to reshape these worn surfaces to regain the extremely tight fit so that engine operation does not have rattling and knocking (or much less!) and it operates in a much more refined manner. As madgabri experienced on his 2006 FZ1 (please see above), it is not a miracle gel but close :-)

And it is a one-time application...no need to put in again and again

is it for gear box only? top block also can repair?

2005-2006: RXZ

2007: Y125Z & RVF400

2008: RVF400 & African Twin

2009: African Twin, GSX1300RK2, Renault Kangoo(A)

2010: GSX1300RK2, Renault Kangoo(A)

2011: GSX1300RK2

2012-2013: GSX1300RK2, Proton Savvy(A)

2014: Proton Savvy(A), Super 4(S1)

Present: Super 4(S1)

Once put into the bike, because bike engine and gearbox sit inside the same engine oil, it will start resurfacing all worn surfaces...iincluding the cylinder walls and piston rings, if that is what you mean

Only for cars the engine and gearbox are separate and have different oils

Certech gel is not a miracle product that can solve all engine problems or gearbox problems

It can repair worn surfaces by forming a cermet (ceramic-metal allow) layer. This layer has the effect of reforming the worn parts and making them work like new or newer parts. The formation of this layer has many benefits which can be summarised as having newer parts.

I am not an active seller of this product but I have tried it myself on my car and 3 motorcycles and the effect has been good enough for me to recommend the product to owners of old cars and old motorcycles.

Bro madgabri has indeed left positive feedback and I have also requested feedback.

But feedback aside, it is not a matter of selling as much as sharing with everyone here that such a product exists and that it offers a viable solution whereas there was only overhaul previously

Nonetheless as with all normal products, it has its limitations and even though there was a case where it could not stop the chronic oil consumption, there have been more than enough cases who enjoyed the benefits. I also know of a case where there was white smoke in the exhaust which was stopped - after 4 syringes!! Quite a fair bit but certech gel cannot discern where to form and where not to form. So it is rather uncontrolled in a sense...but still worth trying out.

Those with new engines and new gearboxes - I do not recommend to try but then again a few have also bought to try; for protection against wear and tear, for less vibration, for a smoother ride, perhaps all these reasons and more.

It does not affect or change the oil's properties - it does not cause sludge to form. Sludge forms because the oil is exposed to heat high enough to change the oil's properties, to break it down. Certech gel has no relationship to the oil properties and other than using the oil as a medium to reach the worn metal surfaces, there is no interaction. My Magna V45 gear shifting from 3rd gear to 4th gear has become more confident, I no longer have that feeling of dual movement. When the 4th gear is engaged, there is only a single movement feeling. My alternative (according to my mechanic) is to change the clutch housing...err, a 1988 Magna V45 clutch housing is not easy to find. Not forgetting the crankcase gasket; which I heard is even harder to find ha ha.

• 2 months later...

An independent narrative...on a 25 year old Toyota Starlet and a modern GSXR 1000

http://pastframe.wordpress.com/2012/11/14/certech-gel-snake-oil-or-miracle-gel/

Like I said it is not a miracle gel but it does its job...

Is the dosage based on the amount of engine oil?

Cant seem to find much details on that...

Also,does it mention tt it can be used on diesel engine?

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k127/jytheorem/SV%20-%20Skinzo/SV_jy.gif http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k127/jytheorem/jy_sv.jpg

Wonder y my ST11 dun look as good as my SV...