Jump to content
SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hi guys, I was thinking of getting this bike (yes, just passed my TP) but now I'm a bit scared that it'll be hard to adapt to.

 

Any tips on getting accustomed to throttle control and the faster pick-up speed? How did you guys adapt to the throttle which is so much more reactive than the ones on the learner bikes? I'm so used to throttling fairly hard at low speeds that I can't seem to increase the speed of the SP in first gear without revving way too much.

 

Also, I'm having trouble with the kick starter. Just can't seem to do it.

 

Sigh. Hope someone can advise. Thanks in advance.

 

get a cbr 150 better in this case .

no need scared cannot kickstart

  • Replies 140.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • wait4me

    7829

  • lwfc

    5847

  • MC28

    4646

  • garfieldrox

    3352

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
Hi guys, I was thinking of getting this bike (yes, just passed my TP) but now I'm a bit scared that it'll be hard to adapt to.

 

Any tips on getting accustomed to throttle control and the faster pick-up speed? How did you guys adapt to the throttle which is so much more reactive than the ones on the learner bikes? I'm so used to throttling fairly hard at low speeds that I can't seem to increase the speed of the SP in first gear without revving way too much.

 

Also, I'm having trouble with the kick starter. Just can't seem to do it.

 

Sigh. Hope someone can advise. Thanks in advance.

screwded network

Edited by wait4me
Posted (edited)
Hi guys, I was thinking of getting this bike (yes, just passed my TP) but now I'm a bit scared that it'll be hard to adapt to.

 

Any tips on getting accustomed to throttle control and the faster pick-up speed? How did you guys adapt to the throttle which is so much more reactive than the ones on the learner bikes? I'm so used to throttling fairly hard at low speeds that I can't seem to increase the speed of the SP in first gear without revving way too much.

 

Also, I'm having trouble with the kick starter. Just can't seem to do it.

 

Sigh. Hope someone can advise. Thanks in advance.

 

x100000 screwed network

Edited by wait4me
Posted
Hi guys, I was thinking of getting this bike (yes, just passed my TP) but now I'm a bit scared that it'll be hard to adapt to.

 

Any tips on getting accustomed to throttle control and the faster pick-up speed? How did you guys adapt to the throttle which is so much more reactive than the ones on the learner bikes? I'm so used to throttling fairly hard at low speeds that I can't seem to increase the speed of the SP in first gear without revving way too much.

 

Also, I'm having trouble with the kick starter. Just can't seem to do it.

 

Sigh. Hope someone can advise. Thanks in advance.

 

Hmm I also just get SP around 10days after I passed. Have zero experience on kick start before. But you got bike for first two days you will use to kick start ald. For the acceleration.. Can control easily one. You want faster pick up than others on the road/junction, just drag longer your gear 1 2 3 loh.. My one cents only. I is listen to sound, the engine some how ask me kick me gear 2, heh.. Bond with your SP soon (:

2B TP second try - 11/11/10

First bike - NSR 150 SP - 22/11/10

2A TP first try - 02/08/13

Second bike - Honda CBR400R - 10/08/13

Current bike - Honda CB400SF Revo - 19/09/14

Posted
shuld b bike shop tagged your bike cuz u still under installment ... Tagged is something to prevent u from making a transfer to other person when u have not finish the full payment of the bike...

 

i seeee. alright thanks! (:

Posted

Thanks for your advice guys.

 

The reason I'm asking about the throttle is this: I went to view a bike and the seller let me test ride it in the car park only. It was a very small and cramped indoor car park with lots of expensive cars. Tried to move in first gear and half clutch at first, but when I opened throttle a little more hoping for slightly more speed the engine started screaming too much without the bike really speeding up due to over-revving. Couldn't seem to open throttle at a reasonable RPM. Then when I kicked up to second gear, I didn't dare to open throttle in case I overdid it again and shot forward cos the car park was very small and tight. So do you guys have to make sure you control the throttle very carefully in situations where you have to be slow, such as in car parks or very congested traffic?

 

As for the kick starter, I guess I'll just have to practise until I can get it. Just worried the bike will stall on me on the first ride home before I get the hang of it.

Posted
Thanks for your advice guys.

 

The reason I'm asking about the throttle is this: I went to view a bike and the seller let me test ride it in the car park only. It was a very small and cramped indoor car park with lots of expensive cars. Tried to move in first gear and half clutch at first, but when I opened throttle a little more hoping for slightly more speed the engine started screaming too much without the bike really speeding up due to over-revving. Couldn't seem to open throttle at a reasonable RPM. Then when I kicked up to second gear, I didn't dare to open throttle in case I overdid it again and shot forward cos the car park was very small and tight. So do you guys have to make sure you control the throttle very carefully in situations where you have to be slow, such as in car parks or very congested traffic?

 

As for the kick starter, I guess I'll just have to practise until I can get it. Just worried the bike will stall on me on the first ride home before I get the hang of it.

 

haha bro, youre asking us how to ride bike?

i stalled a few times straight after getting my bike.

guess its normal cause not use to the bitting point yet.

Posted
broquet not giving you extra mileage? i put one into my bike many months ago, dont see much difference... if it was so powerful and effective, i think all bike manufacturers would make their fuel tanks out of broquet-metal... like all 1000cc sports bike will have kup kia-like fuel efficiency...

 

urs got extra mileage?

Posted
haha bro, youre asking us how to ride bike?

i stalled a few times straight after getting my bike.

guess its normal cause not use to the bitting point yet.

 

Haha yea, if everyone can just sit on a bike and ride properly straight away the driving schools out of buisness liao =p

 

Take your time to get used to it bro!

Posted
Hmm I also just get SP around 10days after I passed. Have zero experience on kick start before. But you got bike for first two days you will use to kick start ald. For the acceleration.. Can control easily one. You want faster pick up than others on the road/junction, just drag longer your gear 1 2 3 loh.. My one cents only. I is listen to sound, the engine some how ask me kick me gear 2, heh.. Bond with your SP soon (:

 

sia lah i see the lacing blood in you bro! :D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KuAxfEWkyMo/SROeAbl3osI/AAAAAAAAAoY/r3J0m9qDzZA/s320/stoppieKiss.jpg
Posted
sia lah i see the lacing blood in you bro! :D

 

Hahs not racing la!

 

My advice is gear 1 and 2 you can't drag too long is too siong for ur engine Liao

 

Wah think of it, must sayang my engine..

2B TP second try - 11/11/10

First bike - NSR 150 SP - 22/11/10

2A TP first try - 02/08/13

Second bike - Honda CBR400R - 10/08/13

Current bike - Honda CB400SF Revo - 19/09/14

Posted

Why I first time pump full my fuel (Shell 95) around 160km then fuel bar going to hit empty red bar. Then I pump once more full, now around 140 at half nia, just pass below half meter.

2B TP second try - 11/11/10

First bike - NSR 150 SP - 22/11/10

2A TP first try - 02/08/13

Second bike - Honda CBR400R - 10/08/13

Current bike - Honda CB400SF Revo - 19/09/14

Posted
Why I first time pump full my fuel (Shell 95) around 160km then fuel bar going to hit empty red bar. Then I pump once more full, now around 140 at half nia, just pass below half meter.

 

haha.. maybe your riding become smoother now.. less oil go to waste

Posted
Thanks guys for all your advice. Guess the only thing left for me to do is to pay up, bring the bike home and try it out for myself.

Take it easy ... The more u ride the more beta rider u r ... Keep riding n stay alive u will get use to it one day.....

Posted
haha.. maybe your riding become smoother now.. less oil go to waste

 

Hahs got such thing uh, maybe loh..

 

Take it easy ... The more u ride the more beta rider u r ... Keep riding n stay alive u will get use to it one day.....

 

wah damn scary leh.. your last sentence.

 

Thanks guys for all your advice. Guess the only thing left for me to do is to pay up, bring the bike home and try it out for myself.

 

if not confident then don't cut cars go infront, cause if you accelerate v slow they will tend to over take you, and if you wobble. you gg.

2B TP second try - 11/11/10

First bike - NSR 150 SP - 22/11/10

2A TP first try - 02/08/13

Second bike - Honda CBR400R - 10/08/13

Current bike - Honda CB400SF Revo - 19/09/14

Posted
Hahs got such thing uh, maybe loh..

 

 

 

wah damn scary leh.. your last sentence.

 

 

 

if not confident then don't cut cars go infront, cause if you accelerate v slow they will tend to over take you, and if you wobble. you gg.

 

Haha..what i meant is after you get more used to your bike you'll know better when to change gear etc.. so the bike running more efficiently lor.. probably =p

Posted

berry, jeff got sell hub meh? i thought he sold the whole bike?

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/313699_10150779316335506_903385505_20423345_2531802_n.jpg?dl=1

 

Class 2B >> 03/06/2010 (2nd att)

-Honda NSR 150 SP FU4XXXT (Sold)

-Yamaha Lagenda T110 FX6XXXJ (currently)

Class 2A >> 12/10/2011 (2nd att)

-Honda RVF 400 NC35 FP1XXXA (currently)

Class 3 >> 16/05/2011 (1st att)

- still saving

Posted

anybody has any idea where would be the best respraying services for SP? im currently riding a white one and with all the scratches and cuts.. sigh makes my heart pain

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...