SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda NSR150SP Riders

firesaint

• Replies 140.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wait4me

• lwfc

• MC28

• garfieldrox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Omg.... I'm lost... It seem getting more chin to me about 2T oil stuff.... :eek:

I thought 2T pump slightly difference from premix about the rad... so how to I know what is the ratio for my 2T pump? :rolleyes:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hahahaha....Relax bro. Not cheem. V simple actually.

I already explained in prev post 1:x is dosage. 1 litre 2t to x litres petrol. Whether premix or pump, the principle is the same. So 1: 50 is 1 litre to 50 litres petrol. For premix you manually control dosage. So 1 tank abt 10 litres. So you add in 200ml into your fuel tank everytime you refill 10 litres. 1000/50 = 20ml/litre mah.

Now for 2t pump injection, your dosage controlled by cable tension. So how to know dosage? Simple. When I see the 2t oil is at the lower level, I will top up 1 litre 2t. After that i will go top up full tank petrol. From there i start to monitor how much petrol i consume until the nxt time i top up 2t. Just record down how much petrol you pump each time or keep the receipts. Nxt time you top up 2t, add up all your prev petrol you pump including your latest petrol figures. From there you know approx how much your dosage is lor.

So like in my prev case. I top up abt 850ml 2t all the way up to the brim. But my total petrol consumption was abt 61 litres. So approx 1:70 lor.

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

u see shell , go up the bridge , next exit go out,

go straight 200 meter , on your left u see all the row of shop houses

Im taking it to mean youre refering to the shell station behind jln Wong Ah Fook & opposite it is the police depot? Youre making use of the old causeway route, right? Cos now with the new JB CIQ the 1st petrol stn you see is Petronas on your left. In front of there there is forked route. left side to Tebrau highway, right side leads to a mini highway which can lead to N-S highway to KL among other places.

If so, you mean from that shell stn, turn out to Jln wong ah fook, go straight & tk left lane to flyover near Tropical inn hotel there??

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

Er, I asked about the Brakes, he quoted me around 300+? for original brake and changing of brake hoses. The brembo brake if i remember correctly he said around 100 dollars more but is thai produced one.

For the screws and nut, if i ask the mech in jb to replace my whole fairing sets' nut and bolt they will do it?

@sporeknight the neutral light and headlight still like ok to me. I don't know is horn or the connection. Mech told me is batt.

If yr neutral light n headlight ok, HW can it b batt prob? Another way is open yr throttle, press yr horn. Does it hav a v faint horn sound? If totally no horn sound, v v likely yr horn gone. Connections possible too. NT yr batt prob.

If yr neutral light n headlight ok, HW can it b batt prob? Another way is open yr throttle, press yr horn. Does it hav a v faint horn sound? If totally no horn sound, v v likely yr horn gone. Connections possible too. NT yr batt prob.

Er, if I rev then honk, the sound is there.

Rev then horn and got sound means your batt is weak. if rev and horn still no sound, then means is your horn up lorry.

As for bro Firegunz, try not to mix 2T lah... Hahaha... if use one type, stick to that one type. If really no choice need to change, then run till the tank hit reserve then only change 2T. You dowan to start to be mad scientist and mix 3-4 different 2T right? It doesn't make it super 2T...

RIDE.

2012 - 2015: Honda NSR150SP

2015 - current : Honda CBR600RR

Im taking it to mean youre refering to the shell station behind jln Wong Ah Fook & opposite it is the police depot? Youre making use of the old causeway route, right? Cos now with the new JB CIQ the 1st petrol stn you see is Petronas on your left. In front of there there is forked route. left side to Tebrau highway, right side leads to a mini highway which can lead to N-S highway to KL among other places.

If so, you mean from that shell stn, turn out to Jln wong ah fook, go straight & tk left lane to flyover near Tropical inn hotel there??

sorry , but u cannot say old cause way route, because oldcause way route used to be a single road and no bridge leading to jb unlike now got so many curves slope and accidents,..

after the petronas , beside is shell , go up the bridge there

If rev then gt honk, is NT yr honk. Yr honk is ok. Yr Batt is weak, ND to chg. U mus troubleshoot here there to c which is the poss cause. If until rev then gt honk sound, yr headlights shld b v weak oledi.

But cont to monitor aft chg batt. I hav chg batt n my batt still weak aft few wks. Tat time gt 2 prob :1. Rectifier 2. IU connected to Batt directly. The IU has since been rewired to my fuse box.

If rev then gt honk, is NT yr honk. Yr honk is ok. Yr Batt is weak, ND to chg. U mus troubleshoot here there to c which is the poss cause. If until rev then gt honk sound, yr headlights shld b v weak oledi.

But cont to monitor aft chg batt. I hav chg batt n my batt still weak aft few wks. Tat time gt 2 prob :1. Rectifier 2. IU connected to Batt directly. The IU has since been rewired to my fuse box.

Hm ok. I asked around and heard that rectifier is expensive. My headlight and n light still look fine to me. My iu I think is directly connected to batt cause I can see value without starting.

As for bro Firegunz, try not to mix 2T lah... Hahaha... if use one type, stick to that one type. If really no choice need to change, then run till the tank hit reserve then only change 2T. You dowan to start to be mad scientist and mix 3-4 different 2T right? It doesn't make it super 2T...

Hi bro, Paiseh! :o

you mean the petrol (Fuel) tank or 2T pump hit reserve then change 2T? ;)

Another reason is my 2T (Semi Synthetic) the seller no intentions to bring in that brand any more... :(

Hahahaha....Relax bro. Not cheem. V simple actually.

I already explained in prev post 1:x is dosage. 1 litre 2t to x litres petrol. Whether premix or pump, the principle is the same. So 1: 50 is 1 litre to 50 litres petrol. For premix you manually control dosage. So 1 tank abt 10 litres. So you add in 200ml into your fuel tank everytime you refill 10 litres. 1000/50 = 20ml/litre mah.

Now for 2t pump injection, your dosage controlled by cable tension. So how to know dosage? Simple. When I see the 2t oil is at the lower level, I will top up 1 litre 2t. After that i will go top up full tank petrol. From there i start to monitor how much petrol i consume until the nxt time i top up 2t. Just record down how much petrol you pump each time or keep the receipts. Nxt time you top up 2t, add up all your prev petrol you pump including your latest petrol figures. From there you know approx how much your dosage is lor.

So like in my prev case. I top up abt 850ml 2t all the way up to the brim. But my total petrol consumption was abt 61 litres. So approx 1:70 lor.

Thank bro, that very patience & explain to me about the ratio for 2T that using for pump injection & premix. :D

sorry , but u cannot say old cause way route, because oldcause way route used to be a single road and no bridge leading to jb unlike now got so many curves slope and accidents,..

after the petronas , beside is shell , go up the bridge there

Oh... that bridge. Understood... the mini highway. So exit on the 1st exit on the left??

Hahahaha.... im sorry if my explanation/expression not clear until can lead to you & bro firegunz having impressions of mad scientist at work!! lol My badlah

I meant I bought 1 710 in addition to my purchase of 3 castrols. Not i try to mix 3 parts castrol to 1 part 710!! lol We dun want the bike become like Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde right? lol.

Somemore, when I say same based 2t can mix, I mean when time to top up, say if originally using castrol, can later top up with 710 when 2t level low. As they are same based.

Another reason is my 2T (Semi Synthetic) the seller no intentions to bring in that brand any more... :(

Fuel tank hit reserve. 2t tank hv no reserve. But hv warning light if your 2t level too low. The light on your tachometer. But dont wait until light come on before top up lah!

Which semi synthetic brand is that?? But whatever it is, dont stinge on 2t. Use the best ones for best performance & engine health. When i ist reconnected my 2t pump the mech top up my tank with cheap fully synthetic 2t - Challenger 2t. $10. But engine like a bit rough. So when level low I quickly top up with Castrol. Baru Shiok!

Fuel tank hit reserve. 2t tank hv no reserve. But hv warning light if your 2t level too low. The light on your tachometer. But dont wait until light come on before top up lah!

Which semi synthetic brand is that?? But whatever it is, dont stinge on 2t. Use the best ones for best performance & engine health. When i ist reconnected my 2t pump the mech top up my tank with cheap fully synthetic 2t - Challenger 2t. $10. But engine like a bit rough. So when level low I quickly top up with Castrol. Baru Shiok!

Thank bro, for advise & info. :D

Think will start planning ahead. ;)

Hahahaha.... im sorry if my explanation/expression not clear until can lead to you & bro firegunz having impressions of mad scientist at work!! lol My badlah

I meant I bought 1 710 in addition to my purchase of 3 castrols. Not i try to mix 3 parts castrol to 1 part 710!! lol We dun want the bike become like Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde right? lol.

Somemore, when I say same based 2t can mix, I mean when time to top up, say if originally using castrol, can later top up with 710 when 2t level low. As they are same based.

Hahaha... Yes, that which I mean about the "Mix" 2T oil (different brand) when the 2T pump it at low level. Switching to another brand & same oil base too (which I'm trying to find out) as I'm currently using that brand "Total Hi-Perf" (Semi Synthetic) 2T oil (not sure, it oil base or not), If you could help me out it that a oil base. :o

Hahaha... Yes, that which I mean about the "Mix" 2T oil (different brand) when the 2T pump it at low level. Switching to another brand & same oil base too (which I'm trying to find out) as I'm currently using that brand "Total Hi-Perf" (Semi Synthetic) 2T oil (not sure, it oil base or not), If you could help me out it that a oil base. :o

So yours is the non racing oil?? If so, based on my googling thats a mineral oil based 2t. So seems like ok if you top up with fully synthetic later when needed. Bros Heathx or sporeknight, pls confirm if my deduction is correct.

So yours is the non racing oil?? If so, based on my googling thats a mineral oil based 2t. So seems like ok if you top up with fully synthetic later when needed. Bros Heathx or sporeknight, pls confirm if my deduction is correct.

Hi Seniors, please help me to find out this brand "Total Hi-Perf - 2T Sport" that what is the oil base that I'm currently using it.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/02/9f241ec13727a23a2d871f95953b0112.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/02/5cc7be5ff3d498cb3e8a90f5799b2b91.jpg

Thank. :o

Edited by FireGunz

Hm ok. I asked around and heard that rectifier is expensive. My headlight and n light still look fine to me. My iu I think is directly connected to batt cause I can see value without starting.

Rectifier is expensive, but magnet coil is more expensive. Usually if one fails, all 3 will down. Magnet coil, rectifier, battery. These are the holy trinity for bikes... There are some simple ways to check which is not working. Can google or youtube.

2T pump. Always have minimal amount of the previous 2T left before you change type or even brand of 2T. So if you go by 2T pump, wait till your reservoir low light come out, then top up your reservoir with the new 2T. If premix, then wait till your fuel tank hit reserve, then only change 2T. Only think to take note is Castor based like Maxima 927 cannot mix with synthetic, or some reaction will happen and your engine will be dirtier. So try to run your fuel to as dry as possible. Castor based too thick for pump, so if u run pump, don't worry at all. Semi-synth, fully synth, and mineral can mix, but best is still to run till almost dry before introducing new 2T.

Firegunz Total 2T is semi synth. It's more for everyday riding.

RIDE.

2012 - 2015: Honda NSR150SP

2015 - current : Honda CBR600RR

Oh... that bridge. Understood... the mini highway. So exit on the 1st exit on the left??

yup first exit .

Hi Seniors, please help me to find out this brand "Total Hi-Perf - 2T Sport" that what is the oil base that I'm currently using it.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/02/9f241ec13727a23a2d871f95953b0112.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/02/5cc7be5ff3d498cb3e8a90f5799b2b91.jpg

Thank. :o

wow so many more new brands, of 2t .

but my best 2t is still DUCKHAMS

2T pump. Always have minimal amount of the previous 2T left before you change type or even brand of 2T. So if you go by 2T pump, wait till your reservoir low light come out, then top up your reservoir with the new 2T. If premix, then wait till your fuel tank hit reserve, then only change 2T. Only think to take note is Castor based like Maxima 927 cannot mix with synthetic, or some reaction will happen and your engine will be dirtier. So try to run your fuel to as dry as possible. Castor based too thick for pump, so if u run pump, don't worry at all. Semi-synth, fully synth, and mineral can mix, but best is still to run till almost dry before introducing new 2T.

Firegunz Total 2T is semi synth. It's more for everyday riding.

Thank bro, for the value info & tips. :o

Usually is due to carb flood. That's reason why after dropped bike, it's very hard to start. Always put fuel tap to off position if u're parking bike for more than 1hr. If you want to be safe, can go wash the carb at your mech also just in case it's dirty.

Sometimes can be carb setting too rich, but shouldnt be the case cos you never do anything and it was ok before.

But sometimes old bike siao siao one... My SP last time kena before... always 1-2 kicks go liao and won't die. Then one period of time, for about 2 weeks, it suddenly need choke to start all that... I didnt do anything different to it, and after that 2 weeks, it back to one kick again. Think bike throw tantrum...

FireGunz, you got off your fuel tap when u park? Cold start cold engine use choke and kick 1-2 times to start still normal... kick 41342 times to start then jit bai siao liao... :lol::lol::lol:

Hi Bro or Senior, about "Fuel Tap" again. does any of you counter this occur before as I did notice that, if I didn't turn off the "Fuel Tap" for over night (around 6 hour or more). It feel like the fuel will be leaking abit by abit from the bike stand underneath (base on the floor under bike stand got a very small oil patch) & slowly days by days go by it seem the bike stand will be oily too. :eek:

Does this normal? As I'm turn off the "Fuel Tap" again for around 8 hour to see does this occur will happen it again. Due to worry about the "Fuel Tap" if keep on turn on & off will make it loose the tap. (worry that will cause the tap in off position when it is loose). :(

Which I leave it at the "ON" position at all the way even parking at overnight (more the 6 hour). :rolleyes:

yup first exit .

Thks. I will chk it out nxt time i go jb.

Hi Bro or Senior, about "Fuel Tap" again. does any of you counter this occur before as I did notice that, if I didn't turn off the "Fuel Tap" for over night (around 6 hour or more). It feel like the fuel will be leaking abit by abit from the bike stand underneath (base on the floor under bike stand got a very small oil patch) & slowly days by days go by it seem the bike stand will be oily too. :eek:

Does this normal? As I'm turn off the "Fuel Tap" again for around 8 hour to see does this occur will happen it again. Due to worry about the "Fuel Tap" if keep on turn on & off will make it loose the tap. (worry that will cause the tap in off position when it is loose). :(

Which I leave it at the "ON" position at all the way even parking at overnight (more the 6 hour). :rolleyes:

Nope. I nvr had that prblm even tho i always nvr off fuel tap when parking overnight. Better go chk it out. Sounds like it is overflow from a flooded carb or leak or something else. Not sure abt sp, but i know some bikes have these overflow tubes to drain off excess fuel.

Only problem i had before was exhaust will sometimes drip 1-2 drops thick black tar!

Edited by jbdoggy

Does anyone know anything abt sprockets & its effects? What is the stock teeth number of the front & rear sprocket?

I noticed my rear sprocket quite big. Ive seen someone's sp is much smaller. The KRR150 parked in my mscp level also small. Not sure if big sprocket is stock or the smaller one is stock.

Thinking of increasing my front sprocket 1-2 teeth & rear sprocket reduce 2 teeth. Is it good idea? Any effects?