SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Adiva ad3

parotae

Good info. :thumb:

Not fully understand how it works, but found it is interesting. Probably will try it once the the original is due for replacement. :)

Btw, 200cc & 300cc new price is not more then 1.5k, therefore, can seriously consider 300cc instead of 200cc one.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good info. :thumb:

Not fully understand how it works, but found it is interesting. Probably will try it once the the original is due for replacement. :)

Btw, 200cc & 300cc new price is not more then 1.5k, therefore, can seriously consider 300cc instead of 200cc one.

Just drop by today to enquire the ADtre at Mah during noon

1) 200cc m/c price $10k

2) 300cc m/c price $12.4k

3) both models still awaiting LTA approval till date

4) sales dept casually mentioned (without promise) as most probably August OTR.

Think they promised too many times before as now seem better not to mention the firm date unless obtain LTA green light.

Just drop by today to enquire the ADtre at Mah during noon

1) 200cc m/c price $10k

2) 300cc m/c price $12.4k

3) both models still awaiting LTA approval till date

4) sales dept casually mentioned (without promise) as most probably August OTR.

Think they promised too many times before as now seem better not to mention the firm date unless obtain LTA green light.

Does that mean that it is cheaper to buy from nam wah then mah?

Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

Probably different sales guys quoted different price. :(

Was at NW to ask them for the firm price. He called John Mah in front of me and confirmed the price at 12.5K & 13.5K OTR with 2nd party insurance unless COE surge above current level or the buyer is below 21 or P plate holder.

Probably different sales guys quoted different price. :(

Was at NW to ask them for the firm price. He called John Mah in front of me and confirmed the price at 12.5K & 13.5K OTR with 2nd party insurance unless COE surge above current level or the buyer is below 21 or P plate holder.

Seeking your advice, do you think there will be a price difference now (pre LTA approval) and later(official sales price)? I am considering placing a booking with any shop now if that's the case as I grow restless and itchy backside looking at other bikes while waiting for so long.

Seeking your advice, do you think there will be a price difference now (pre LTA approval) and later(official sales price)? I am considering placing a booking with any shop now if that's the case as I grow restless and itchy backside looking at other bikes while waiting for so long.

Hi ben1112

4 1/2years ago 2008 November, Ma Pte also brought in a 3 wheeler AD200. I was waiting for the approval that about 7 months that in 2009 June to learn that LTA confirm non approval given. The following month July 2009 OTR for a 2 wheeler AD200 instead.

If LTA approved this latest ADTre OTR that shall depends on the demand & popularity, price may go up or higher then the pre-launch price.

Usually the pre-launch price is say to be lower as the bike dealer treats the first batch as product advertisement or enjoys the advert incentive.

As however there is a flip side that the later batch may price lower as maybe not many bikers may want to pay or buy a 200/300 cc scooter at $12 - $14k.

Another sceneiro could be parallel importers if could bring in the same model to price them competitively with Ma....this sceneiro happens to the Yamaha Fino when parallel imports price the Fino lower than Yamaha distributors....

ASPoon was at that time selling Finos to mention if you want agent or parallel importer bikes. Finos made country Thailand of the same except there is price difference....agent bike cost more than parallel importers.....

The 3 wheels AD200 Mah brought in was a prototype. They wasn't launching it then but more like consulting LTA regarding the 3 wheelers's approving criteria. It was until mid 2012 then they finalized the design of AD3.

As Mah owns Adiva, I don't think there will be any parallel importer. I understand Mah is heading to compete with MP3, therefore, they are pricing the AD3 similar to MP3's price. They're also selling hard to LTA, SCDF etc to replace MP3 with AD3.

Therefore, I'm betting the price of AD3 should be lower now then after the official launch.

But this is not guarantee. I agreed with advia89 that 12-14k scooter is not easy to sell. Therefore, depends on the demand, they might adjust the price up or down.

If MP3 decide to lower their price to fight, AD3 might lower the price also.

I understand AD3 received a good respond from Japan & Europe. Now they are rushing the production to fulfill the order there and might delay the delivery here cos the respond in Singapore is very poor (not enough to fill up a container load of 20 bikes). I'm trying to convince Mah that many potential buyers are waiting to see the AD3 on the road before they decide to buy, so urge them to bring in the bike soonest.

Edited by Andre

Thanks guys for sharing such informative insights. So I may conclude that as I am indeed interested to buy this it would be wiser to book at pre-launch price.

Andre if you don't mind can you please share/pm me the price that you booked from Nah Wah and is it possible to get the same price if I go down and book quoting you as referral?

When I rode the AD200, many bikers made queries during stops at traffic lights to find the OTR for a AD200cc scooter costing 11K (My OTR 10.5k plus $500 side reflector) and commented..... very Xpensive. Many commented that SYM GTS 200 is just slightly over 6k which meant they rather opt to buy ....

Anyway in my option is the R&D cost recovery that price into the whole package on the Ad200...... 4 years on and now am very contented with this AD200.....not many people shall appreciated the windscreen and detachable roof....that cost another about 5k :thumb:

Thanks guys for sharing such informative insights. So I may conclude that as I am indeed interested to buy this it would be wiser to book at pre-launch price.

Andre if you don't mind can you please share/pm me the price that you booked from Nah Wah and is it possible to get the same price if I go down and book quoting you as referral?

Hi ben1112

New bike model launches method looks quite pretty similar to property market which they organizes soft launch/pre-launch method. The distributor/developer incentivize early bird buyers/owners with their discounts/freebies as to stimulate the market.

This early bird bookings intent purchases shall create market confidence with the producers and the products.....indirectly and unconsciously drives up the subsequent units prices....

Allow me to share my view on your current situation without prejudice that you can book the ADtre 300cc since you know the lowest price quoted at NW.....the main reason is you have no bike to trade-in or to sell/dispose.

The early AD200 model selling price at first launch pricing isn't big difference and pretty consistence until now the ADTre model launch may effect the AD200 new pricing.

Unlike in my situation which I going to do a used AD200 trade-in and the 2 reasons may indirectly effects the decision are

1) though smaller bike shop sells the new ADTree at lower pricing than Ma the distributor, they are unwilling to take in and if they do shall offer very low price to my used bike in a trade-in case.

2) though bigger bike shop shall takes my used bike at better pricing than the smaller shops, the new bike price is also higher than their distributors.

There are currently 4 nos of used AD200 sitting at Ma Pte compound and is not moving to indicate there is poor market demand.....(in the earlier threads someone mentioned Ma re-market a used 3 years old AD200 for 8k)

during my nego to get their ADTre sale commitment that they even suggest me to sell off to my friends or relatives as they still have 4 used AD200 to clear.......and seem reluctant to offer my used bike....

MP3 till today also isn't very many OTR as pricing and the low 125 cc deters prospects....

Hopefully the ADTre shall change the scooter landscape.....

Edited by advia89

Hi ben1112

New bike model launches method looks quite pretty similar to property market which they organizes soft launch/pre-launch method. The distributor/developer incentivize early bird buyers/owners with their discounts/freebies as to stimulate the market.

This early bird bookings intent purchases shall create market confidence with the producers and the products.....indirectly and unconsciously drives up the subsequent units prices....

Allow me to share my view on your current situation without prejudice that you can book the ADtre 300cc since you know the lowest price quoted at NW.....the main reason is you have no bike to trade-in or to sell/dispose.

The early AD200 model selling price at first launch pricing isn't big difference and pretty consistence until now the ADTre model launch may effect the AD200 new pricing.

Unlike in my situation which I going to do a used AD200 trade-in and the 2 reasons may indirectly effects the decision are

1) though smaller bike shop sells the new ADTree at lower pricing than Ma the distributor, they are unwilling to take in and if they do shall offer very low price to my used bike in a trade-in case.

2) though bigger bike shop shall takes my used bike at better pricing than the smaller shops, the new bike price is also higher than their distributors.

There are currently 4 nos of used AD200 sitting at Ma Pte compound and is not moving to indicate there is poor market demand.....(in the earlier threads someone mentioned Ma re-market a used 3 years old AD200 for 8k)

during my nego to get their ADTre sale commitment that they even suggest me to sell off to my friends or relatives as they still have 4 used AD200 to clear.......and seem reluctant to offer my used bike....

MP3 till today also isn't very many OTR as pricing and the low 125 cc deters prospects....

Hopefully the ADTre shall change the scooter landscape.....

Sorry bro but I don't quite get your message. I have gotten myself a CG125 as a temporary ride after I had scrapped my AD150.

So would you suggest trade-in at bigger shop or smaller? Truth be told, of the nine bikes I have owned this is only the 2nd time I have deal with shop so is really lost touch already.

Sorry bro but I don't quite get your message. I have gotten myself a CG125 as a temporary ride after I had scrapped my AD150.

So would you suggest trade-in at bigger shop or smaller? Truth be told, of the nine bikes I have owned this is only the 2nd time I have deal with shop so is really lost touch already.

Apology to mistaken that you no longer riding at this point of time and is waiting for the LTA approval to the AD3....

if this the case that you have a CG125 bike that to suggest 3 options you could consider in your current situation.

1) I believe the CG125 is a Honda bike which can easily be sold in the open market. Sell only after collecting your ADTre bike...

2) or could term & condition with the bike shop that the CG125 to trade-in for ADTre ..and this only after collecting the AD3..... (Usually bike deal are unlike new car deal that the 2nd hand car dealer takes back the old car after the owner has collected the new car)

3) keep the CG125 as spare bike....

Edited by advia89

Apology to mistaken that you no longer riding at this point of time and is waiting for the LTA approval to the AD3....

if this the case that you have a CG125 bike that to suggest 3 options you could consider in your current situation.

1) I believe the CG125 is a Honda bike which can easily be sold in the open market. Sell only after collecting your ADTre bike...

2) or could term & condition with the bike shop that the CG125 to trade-in for ADTre ..and this only after collecting the AD3..... (Usually bike deal are unlike new car deal that the 2nd hand car dealer takes back the old car after the owner has collected the new car)

3) keep the CG125 as spare bike....

Thanks for your advice! I guess I'll probably go with 1.

I too think better not to trade in with bike shop.

They either give you a low trade in value or they will not give you discount on the new bike.

Yes Andre, that's why I intend to buy AD3 first den let go the spare bike. Still haven got time to Nah Wah nego with them yet.

Just saw this thread today! saw one at AC motor, not sure is it AD3. but I remember Adiva! Anw, is the braking distance improved with 2 wheels?

Dec 2005 - Sep 2007 Honda NSR 150 SP FS3*45M

Sep 2007 - Apr 2010 Honda CBR 400 RRL

Apr 2010 - Sep 2010 Yamaha X-1

May 2013 - Apr 2014 Kymco Grand Dink 150

Apr 2014 - ~~~ Kymco Downtown 300i

One life, Live it, Don't waste it!

My old SP

http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd94/SGGH/th_bike1.jpg

Just saw this thread today! saw one at AC motor, not sure is it AD3. but I remember Adiva! Anw, is the braking distance improved with 2 wheels?

Hi SGGH

I take it your question quoted to be front 2 wheels instead.

As i was following reviews on Piaggio MP3 which maybe I could revert to your queries.

1) disc brakes system has vast improvements over conventional braking system that is better in responsive to react thus bring the moving object to stop in a shortest time possible.

2) MP3 or AD3 whom front 2 wheels are having a pair of disc brakes thus improve the braking distance.

3) not only braking distance improve to these 3 wheelers, stability is also said to be better than 2 wheelers during emergency stops.

PS My frenz has the Piaggio power plant AD250 that his front tyre is factory fitted dual (2) disc system where else on the SYM power plant AD200 has single disc.

For the rear tyre is single disc brake on the AD200 and AD250.

When I tried his scooter and found his front dual brakes system has better response as 2 pads bite into the 2 disc effectiveness feel.

Disclaimer: The above-mentioned is based on ideal conditions eg dry road, essential Tyres and disc brakes conditions and rider's experience....

You could goggle to find out in details as there are several websites reviewing the MP3 write ups.....:cheers:

Edited by advia89

Piaggio. Steering is through 2 front wheels with power delivery from the single rear wheel.

Due to a third more contact area with the

road, the MP3 appears to offer increased grip and reduced stopping distances. A figure of 24% reduction in wet

surface braking is claimed.>>

The above statements mentioned on the braking was extracted from website

http://www.mp3.piaggio.com/index_eng.html

yea, I know those 400cc are with dual front brake disc, ****! craving for one of these now! hahaha! advia, so you will choose ADIVA or MP3? haha.

Dec 2005 - Sep 2007 Honda NSR 150 SP FS3*45M

Sep 2007 - Apr 2010 Honda CBR 400 RRL

Apr 2010 - Sep 2010 Yamaha X-1

May 2013 - Apr 2014 Kymco Grand Dink 150

Apr 2014 - ~~~ Kymco Downtown 300i

One life, Live it, Don't waste it!

My old SP

http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd94/SGGH/th_bike1.jpg