SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Adiva ad3

parotae

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AD3 will be using same engine as kymco downtown 300i. Reading Taiwanese forums it is common problem for clutch slipping/judder for this engine.

So I buy the HiT clutch to pre-emp the problem, even dun haf problem also performance booster.

Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

AD3 will be using same engine as kymco downtown 300i. Reading Taiwanese forums it is common problem for clutch slipping/judder for this engine.

So I buy the HiT clutch to pre-emp the problem, even dun haf problem also performance booster.

Wow.. that is some enlightenment there.. haha! but that also caused more questions.. hee

1) If I change from rollers to the sliders, is it nessassary to change the variator to fit in the sliders?

2) is it better to change the variator, sliders and HiT clutch all at the same time? Or can i upgrade bit by bit?

3) between the sliders and variator vs Hit Clutch, which can give a better acceleration and smoother ride?

4) AD200 is using the SYM 200 engine so i should look for one that fits that ya?

5) How often do you guys change the belt and sliders? currently i am riding fino and i change about every 16,000 - 18,000km.

6) I read that sliders last longer then rollers.. true? if so do i change the belts earlier than the sliders?

7) what sthe price range? and there is a local distributor right? more expensive?

Lots of questions.. hope u guys can help abit here... haha thanks thanks!

Yes, the firmed price for 200cc was 9.5 m/c and 12.5 otr.

Of cause we always prefer more powerful bike. Initially, I booked the 200cc cos was thinking 200cc can get a better resale value. Secondly, I thought my son who has a 2B license could share the bike with me. But he doesn't like it so I decided to change to 300cc cos I probably will not change the scooter anytime soon and also might wants to use it for some northern trips.

I have not try any northern trip with small bike yet, therefore can't tell whether I'll use it often or not, depends on my pillion whether ok with it or not. :)

I know some small scooters had been rode up to Hatyat, therefore, I think Adiva should able to make it too.

I'm planning for a short trip to Malacca once the scooter had been run-in to test it out.

Andre may I ask ......."firmed price for 200cc was 9.5 m/c and 12.5 otr."..... the difference is $3K .....how come so much....knowing COE under $2k....Insurance...F&T ...all in should be less then $2.5K ??

Wow.. that is some enlightenment there.. haha! but that also caused more questions.. hee

1) If I change from rollers to the sliders, is it nessassary to change the variator to fit in the sliders?

2) is it better to change the variator, sliders and HiT clutch all at the same time? Or can i upgrade bit by bit?

3) between the sliders and variator vs Hit Clutch, which can give a better acceleration and smoother ride?

4) AD200 is using the SYM 200 engine so i should look for one that fits that ya?

5) How often do you guys change the belt and sliders? currently i am riding fino and i change about every 16,000 - 18,000km.

6) I read that sliders last longer then rollers.. true? if so do i change the belts earlier than the sliders?

7) what sthe price range? and there is a local distributor right? more expensive?

Lots of questions.. hope u guys can help abit here... haha thanks thanks!

1) No. The Sliders are design to work with stock variator

2) Slider changes the "gear changing" characteristics of the CVT. Hit Clutch is just a improved design over stock which give better engagement on accel. Upgrade one by one or all also can.

3)Slider can give improved accel and/or lower rpm at top speed. Hit Clutch reduces the time period during accel where u feel slipping and no forward thrust.

4) Yes.

5)Depends. As it varies from bike to user, my personal preference is to inspect the belt by bending it the other way and inspect for cracks between the teeth and/or lack of accel feel I will change belt.

6)Yes and probably yes. Again by visual inspection the wear on the sliders is the most accurate.

7)I called local distributor is $550 for the HiT Clutch alone + install. If you go TW and buy is much cheaper.

Andre may I ask ......."firmed price for 200cc was 9.5 m/c and 12.5 otr."..... the difference is $3K .....how come so much....knowing COE under $2k....Insurance...F&T ...all in should be less then $2.5K ??

During the time when I booked, COE was 1933.

So m/c = 9500, GST=665, Insurance =500 (est), add up about = 12,598 exclude other misc charge, i.e. number plate etc.

If you're below 21 yr and 'P' plate holder, the insurance will cost much higher.

During the time when I booked, COE was 1933.

So m/c = 9500, GST=665, Insurance =500 (est), add up about = 12,598 exclude other misc charge, i.e. number plate etc.

If you're below 21 yr and 'P' plate holder, the insurance will cost much higher.

Appreciate very much your detail explanation...so can book base on Machine price of $9.5K again available ?

Was informed by dealer yesterday that AD3 "confirmed" delivery in end of June for both AD3 200 & 300. Hopefully this shall be last "firmed" date they gave. :sian:

You don't mention I also never realise it's been so long. I just called WY Motor if I could place a deposit but the uncle advised me to wait for AD3-200 to arrive first den make the deposit since the 300 will be much later.

Appreciate very much your detail explanation...so can book base on Machine price of $9.5K again available ?

Try Nah Wah, they're taking in booking for both AD3 200 & 300.

You can look for Thunder and quote me. I'm sure he will give a satisfying price. :)

You can look for Thunder and quote me. I'm sure he will give a satisfying price. :)

Thanks Bro.........appreciate.....may i ask how much the HP interest charge by NW and how much minimum / percentage % down please... ?

I'm not sure about h/p. I think they don't do but will refer back to Mah. That means you still can book thru' NW but h/p by Mah.

Best you can go down and talk to them.

Thanks Bro.........appreciate.....may i ask how much the HP interest charge by NW and how much minimum / percentage % down please... ?

Bro if you have a quotation pls share with me also.

Bro Andre ...... your firm price as per your booking is 9.5 Machine price and OTR add up ..?

May i ask you for your Opinion or Point of View why you Upgrade from AD200 to AD3 ? beside the power advantage ...from 200 cc to 300 cc.......its may seem obvious.....but i like to hear from you...

Since you have other much more powerful bike and recently been back "Up North".... care to add on how AD3 will fare and able to make those Up North trip....

appreciated your kind inputs and sharing.....

Cheers

Hi Advia Die Hard Bros

To contribute my experience on the current AD200 & AD150 which I've have riden before.

Though the AD200 is bigger than the previous AD150, the actual capacity is 171cc SYM and the previous 150 is power by piaggo engine. It's of the weight that enables the AD200 to become more stable then the AD150.

I've been using the AD200 across border up north within Johor Iskandar area.

The AD200 max speed is about 105km/hr on a dry norm sunny day. When there is a dark sky with strong winds that is better & safer to drop speed.

Is all depends on the kind of winds encountering which norm could be between 60 - 80km and the AD200 has better stablity comparing to AD150.

On the selection on ADTre that I would advise Bros to consider 300cc over the 200cc if you are having class 2/2A license and the finance means.

Given now the ADtre is equip with extra wheel which the weight would be heavier than the AD200 this shall strain the 200cc power plant.

The ADTre shall be more superior in road stability than the AD200/250 on 3 wheels instead of 2.:thumb::dot:

Hi Advia Die Hard Bros

To contribute my experience on the current AD200 & AD150 which I've have riden before.

Though the AD200 is bigger than the previous AD150, the actual capacity is 171cc SYM and the previous 150 is power by piaggo engine. It's of the weight that enables the AD200 to become more stable then the AD150.

I've been using the AD200 across border up north within Johor Iskandar area.

The AD200 max speed is about 105km/hr on a dry norm sunny day. When there is a dark sky with strong winds that is better & safer to drop speed.

Is all depends on the kind of winds encountering which norm could be between 60 - 80km and the AD200 has better stablity comparing to AD150.

On the selection on ADTre that I would advise Bros to consider 300cc over the 200cc if you are having class 2/2A license and the finance means.

Given now the ADtre is equip with extra wheel which the weight would be heavier than the AD200 this shall strain the 200cc power plant.

The ADTre shall be more superior in road stability than the AD200/250 on 3 wheels instead of 2.:thumb::dot:

Precisely what I would advocate too. Even 300cc may not be 'enough' for some, especially if rider and/or pillion abit heavy plus AD3 also heavy then the engine will be very poor thing.:cry:

It's quite complex piece of kit compare to normal scooter clutch. Basically it how it works is, it has one set of clutch springs to hold back the shoes and engage at a certain rpm. Different strength springs(3 set) are included to tune at which rpm the clutch engaged.

After the initial clutch engaged there are secondary springs that hold back a lock-up mechanism which locks at a rpm range determined by pillow springs strength(4 sets).

On top of that this is Ver. 2 of HiT clutch. It has some lateral spring support to prevent sideways play which reduces clutch noise during engagement.

The three rings you see in the picture are Torque Spring washers. It is stacked under the torque spring to increase its tension. It has a smaller degree of effect as compared to changing to racing torque spring.

Overall it is a very nice piece of kit which has a lot of thought put into it. I will be putting it to use when I get the AD3 and run in.