SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Adiva ad3

parotae

Wow Bros,

Thanks for sharing :)

Hi Bros

Was following the Beneli 150/Advia 200 forum to notice inactivity status. Happens to come across this AD3 forum to note the lively respond.

Me too an Advia AD200 owner. Andre has described rightly on Ma Pte personnel.

Probably I too like to share and comments experience.

It started in end 2008 when my residential area has somebody owns a AD250 which tempted me to admire the scooter with "roof". Initially thought to buy brand new and after spoken to the AD250 owner that he suggest me to try a second hand 150cc.

I started sourcing and look around whenever available. Guess what! prices quoted by the shops seem ridiculous that a 5 year old 150cc at 6.5k by a motor shop at Sembawang North Link.

My brother inform me that he saw the brand new 150cc was selling 8K by Ma Pte. When I was at Ma Pte that happen to saw a 5 year old 150cc and was offered to me at 3.2K. Immediately closed the deal with tge sales person named Rahim.

After 4 months of riding to find the 150cc is very squeeze with a pillion. That time in early 2009, the 3 wheelers was awaiting LTA approval that I'm looking forward to.

In early April, the sales person Rahim inform me that the Advia 3 wheelers was not approve on SG roads that I decided on AD250 instead. He too told me that Ma Pte is not bringing in the 250 due to the 2B licence restriction and only AD200 instead.

At that time the AD250 is powered by the Piaggo Engine where else the AD200 was fitted with SYM engine. Ma Pte traded in my 150cc at 2.7K for the AD200 at 10.5K.

My encounter with Ma Pte so far so good. Andre is right to mention the sales person don't bother you during your browsing session unless you are interested

Their chief mechanic by name of Kenny is normally I shall approach whom I felt his services are sincere.

I booked my AD3 through Nan Wah Motor at AMK Ind Park 1, Blk 4002. It is a small shop and not very busy. They are Mah's dealer, therefore, they sell more on Sym Scooter.

I know this shop through Thunder Mah who is a mechanic here. He is a good mechanic but there are quite a fair share of complaints about him.

My friend booked his AD3 from Wing Yap at Balestier Rd who I'd never deal with them before, therefore unable to comment.

To me, there are no perfect motor tiam or mechanic, as long as they don't "carrot" me, I'll still go to them.

( Goober Scooter Rider. )

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm189/siriusjones/scooter.jpg

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Latest update on the AD3 status as on 10/5/2013.

This evening was at Ma Pte to enquire on the AD3 that both the 200 & 300cc still pending LTA approval. I was quoted verbally about 10.5K for the 200cc as for the 300cc between 12K & 13K. The prices are for the machines only without COE.

How much did Andre book his 300cc AD3 for ?

Noted there is a leg paddle to activate both front and rear brakes on the 300cc where else there is none on the 200cc.

As comparing the AD200 to the AD3 that below the seat to the AD200 could fit a half round helmet and has a compartment to contain a radio player with speaker grill. As for the AD3, below the seat is just enough for a single raincoat and parking coupons.

Andre the sub-dealers price differ from MAH?

This evening was at Ma Pte to enquire on the AD3 that both the 200 & 300cc still pending LTA approval. I was quoted verbally about 10.5K for the 200cc as for the 300cc between 12K & 13K. The prices are for the machines only without COE.

Noted there is a leg paddle to activate both front and rear brakes on the 300cc where else there is none on the 200cc.

As comparing the AD200 to the AD3 that below the seat to the AD200 could fit a half round helmet and has a compartment to contain a radio player with speaker grill. As for the AD3, below the seat is just enough for a single raincoat and parking coupons.

Up 1K?

2011 Skoda Octavia(RHD)

2012 Class FL + Komatsu/Nissan 3Tonne FL

2013 Class 2b + Adiva ADtre2, Toyota Sienna(RHD)

I was quote 13k OTR in Feb.

Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

Bro,

Base on my understanding the price given was not fix?

I was quote 13k OTR in Feb.

wow the price of the new AD3 200 is almost the same as AD200... Hope the price for AD 200 would drop.. :p

if not I would have to settle for 2nd hand AD200.. hee! not sure if the realise of AD3 would affect 2nd hand market though...

Good luck and hope you guys get your AD3 soon!

Any lobang for AD 200 can inform me. haha

Btw u guys think the AD200 can install AD 3's windscreen? really love the AD3 windscreen.. seems better than AD 200 with the side windscreen. no obstructions.

Comfirm cannot because it has no frame like the older ADs.

Hmm....

Not a bad idea hee hee hee.

Btw u guys think the AD200 can install AD 3's windscreen? really love the AD3 windscreen.. seems better than AD 200 with the side windscreen. no obstructions.

Actually not trying to be rude but you should buy an ad3 if you want those features, no need wonder if ad3 parts can fit or not. If so easy do you not think we would sell off our old adivas instead of 'upgrading' a ad2? Does it make any sense?

Is better not to change it without asking LTA or they might come after u

Actually the windscreen is secondary to me as i wonder if the current AD200 models' front fork with the single could be change to the AD3 twin wheels for stability purpose....

Went for the annual inspection just last week that very causally asked the technician what is the main things that the bike must have that they be looking out for...

1) engine number as LTA record.

2) classis number as LTA record.

3) emission standards and registration no plate.

4) standard road worthiness eg horn, signals, tyres, brakes and essential lightings

5) quite particular with exhaust system when is after market and not original.

The only concern is the AD3 front fork with the twin wheels would be sold at high price probably over 2k to 3k shall deter the options....

Hello fellow AD3 fans.......lets discuss on more feasible topics leh...... With the wide 2 wheel up front .... Does it mean most if the Lane Spliting days are over ? ......follow up like car driver ? ... What about going thru the woodland checkpoint narrow restricted lane immigration booth ? Has anyone use the car solar protection film on the previous windscreen on AD200 ...can this film be applied on the bigger windscreen on AD3 to protect its Polycarbonate (hopefully) screen ?.

Hello fellow AD3 fans.......lets discuss on more feasible topics leh...... With the wide 2 wheel up front .... Does it mean most if the Lane Spliting days are over ? ......follow up like car driver ? ... What about going thru the woodland checkpoint narrow restricted lane immigration booth ? Has anyone use the car solar protection film on the previous windscreen on AD200 ...can this film be applied on the bigger windscreen on AD3 to protect its Polycarbonate (hopefully) screen ?.

Bro TRR, if you have seen the ad3 in person you will find that its not as wide as you imagined. Its probably as wide or maybe even narrower then some cls2 bikes. So yes you will be able to lane split but maybe not as well as conventional bikes.

Customs shouldn't be a problem from what I see. If really concerned you may compare width in tech specs vs other big cls 2 bikes.

Solar flim I installed before at the top of the windscreen no ill effects observed other than some slight bubbles and discoloration which I attributed to the quality of the film.

I buy you 24cans of beer if you manage to do it. Yes I'm betting that you won't do it, talk is cheap bro...:p

That is not a nice comment.... Exploration the possibilities is to talk about it that sometimes doesn't come cheap....is all about dollars and cents...

Should the conversion is cheap (below 1.2k) and permissible (AD200 steering cone tube can hold the AD3) that I would lock on to your cheap bet of 24 cans of beers.....

I shall throw in a 10 course dinner only for you if i won't convert after meeting the 2 conditions above mentioned......:cheers:

I said that in jest because I know exactly how difficult it is to accomplish. You will likely not succeed in striking a balance between cost, reliability, effort and legality.

For starters, why don't call LTA and tell them exactly what is it that you intend to do and if it will be permissible.

Next you might enquire with Mah about how much just the wind shield and all the front fairings cost, maybe about the suspension unit if those two alone don't cross 1k mark.

At this point you might find yourself struggling to fulfil half of the criteria it takes to measure up to a stock AD3 and start to agree with me that it's actually really better to BUY an AD3 then to MAKE an AD3.

Now I hope you can prove me wrong.

Morning Bro,

Good point but if can make one hmm... maybe i should be making a 3wheels b-bone hee hee hee...... :cheers:

I said that in jest because I know exactly how difficult it is to accomplish. You will likely not succeed in striking a balance between cost, reliability, effort and legality.

For starters, why don't call LTA and tell them exactly what is it that you intend to do and if it will be permissible.

Next you might enquire with Mah about how much just the wind shield and all the front fairings cost, maybe about the suspension unit if those two alone don't cross 1k mark.

At this point you might find yourself struggling to fulfil half of the criteria it takes to measure up to a stock AD3 and start to agree with me that it's actually really better to BUY an AD3 then to MAKE an AD3.

Now I hope you can prove me wrong.

Bro Advia89 i believe ben1112 is nice , patience bothered to reply and response to your "experimental" ideas...... I have one advise......One "words" ....you don't have "economy of cost" ......."Don't Reinvent the Wheel"....last but not least.....if you can achieve it somewhat.....its dangerous and not tested and proven....believe you me....... i rest my case....

btw if you are offended...... my sincere apology.....but i like to speak my mind.......cheers

Yo Bros, chilled... :cool: peace with all..:cheers:

Rode up to north passed few days, just came back this morning. Still feeling sleepy in the office..:dozed:

Technically, it is possible to convert to 3 wheels but the substantial amount of work and cost of the parts (judging from a windshield is cost more then 800+), it doesn't make any economical sense to do so, set aside the possible problem with the authority.

Changing the AD200 windshield to AD3 one is relatively easier. The metal frame for AD200 can be removed but need to add a frame for the mirrors.

I'm not aware that is a leg peddle for AD3. Didn't really check it, thought both should be exactly the same except engine capacity. :shy:

I believe the leg peddle is for the rear brake only. So far in the market, only Goldwing with cross link braking system.

For the price wise, I think Mah still testing the market, they haven't really firm up the price yet. The dealers price is depend on Mah's setting, therefore, both prices should be the same.

When I wanted to book the AD3, they actually haven't really accept booking yet. But I keep pestering the sales guy, finally he challenged me if I accept his asking price that day before 5pm, he will take in my booking, I immediately confirmed with him.:cheeky:

Few days later, they started accept booking for 9.5k for machine price only and claimed it was early bird's offer. My friend immediately booked one unit also. So may be the respond was not bad, therefore, they might had revised the price to 10.5k now. :(

As later I changed my booking to AD3, 300cc, they have not give me a firm price till date but promised that will not be more then 14k OTR with COE & 2nd party Insurance.

Bro Advia89 i believe ben1112 is nice , patience bothered to reply and response to your "experimental" ideas...... I have one advise......One "words" ....you don't have "economy of cost" ......."Don't Reinvent the Wheel"....last but not least.....if you can achieve it somewhat.....its dangerous and not tested and proven....believe you me....... i rest my case....

btw if you are offended...... my sincere apology.....but i like to speak my mind.......cheers

Bro TRR

I am not offended by anyone...& neither am I offensive.. as I'm just defensive...

It is just when you are being challenge to a bet..... in a situation that the other party aren't the Advia R&D personnel that with my guts feelings basing on technically application and costing shall decide if or not to take up the offer to bet....

In this case, I accepted and counter offer the other party..... in view of his arrogantly worded statements that was mentioned below as quoted

QUOTED>>

Prefer the way you worded on concern in prospective "economy of cost" "don't reinvent the wheels" and could be dangerous pertaining to road safety concern.

I hope in this forum all Bros raising their views and concern on the AD200/AD3 shall not deemed to be stupidity and unaffordable retarts....but to educate them instead...

We to put the unpleasant exchanges behind and move forward together and hope that Bro @Ben112 would not take this to his heart....

Thanks and regards

Adiva89

That is not a nice comment.... Exploration the possibilities is to talk about it that sometimes doesn't come cheap....is all about dollars and cents...

Should the conversion is cheap (below 1.2k) and permissible (AD200 steering cone tube can hold the AD3) that I would lock on to your cheap bet of 24 cans of beers.....

I shall throw in a 10 course dinner only for you if i won't convert after meeting the 2 conditions above mentioned......:cheers:

Illegal lah.

And it's not just a simple front fork swap. The geometry changes alone are a headache.

Totally different animals, two and three wheelers.

Bro Andre

Quoted you mentioned in your earlier posting

Quoted>>>

But now that you have sold your AD200 first before registering the AD3 which could you enlighten us as how you can retain your previous ride no....

I would also want to retain my current ride no but was told to pay $100 extra for the administration fees by LTA....as why you have to pay the $1200 additional...

Also hear that the bike shop can bid the COE on your behalf or in your name....😄