SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Adiva ad3

parotae

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the help.

1994- LC125

1995- YPVS125 / TZR 125

1996 - NSR250PGM

1996 to 1997 - XL250R

1997 to 2001 - XR250R

2001 -2002 - Suzuki samurai 4x4 (Australia)

2003 - Nissian sunny 1.5,

2004 - alfa romeo 147 1.6 TS

2005 to 2007 - 98' Jaguar XJ8 V8 Van de plas , 02' S2000 (USA) ,

2007 onwards - back to my Alfa 147 1.6TS , 96 XR250R BAja

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.. Still waiting, until very sian already. Let me share with you guys what else I have bought for the ADtre.

Tada! This impact wrench tool can be plug into any 12V battery or car socket and be used to remove the CVT system for cleaning. Simply attach the alligator clip to battery + and - using the adapter or plug into car type socket. When you press the button on the tool it will spin for few seconds and then hammer the nut in the right or left direction; it will keep hitting until you let go when the nut is loosen.

As scooter type transmission produce alot of clutch dust and belt rubber residue, the CVT case will become dirty, reducing the performance of the system and making the clutch judder. It is recommended to clean the CVT case regularly.

IMAG0469.jpgIMAG0475.jpgIMAG0477.jpgIMAG0478.jpg

Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

Wow bro nice one where did u brought it ? and how much ?

Yes.. Still waiting, until very sian already. Let me share with you guys what else I have bought for the ADtre.

Tada! This impact wrench tool can be plug into any 12V battery or car socket and be used to remove the CVT system for cleaning. Simply attach the alligator clip to battery + and - using the adapter or plug into car type socket. When you press the button on the tool it will spin for few seconds and then hammer the nut in the right or left direction; it will keep hitting until you let go when the nut is loosen.

As scooter type transmission produce alot of clutch dust and belt rubber residue, the CVT case will become dirty, reducing the performance of the system and making the clutch judder. It is recommended to clean the CVT case regularly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]282662[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]282663[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]282664[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]282665[/ATTACH]

( Goober Scooter Rider. )

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm189/siriusjones/scooter.jpg

After a long wait i had make up my mind to stay put with my current ride. and after a few rounds of riding in City look like smaller scooter helps as it is always jam like mad. sorry bros i got to give up... never the less wait hard and some day your wish will came true. Cheers brothers.

After a long wait i had make up my mind to stay put with my current ride. and after a few rounds of riding in City look like smaller scooter helps as it is always jam like mad. sorry bros i got to give up... never the less wait hard and some day your wish will came true. Cheers brothers.

Sad to hear that bro, many a times i also tempted to give up that's why i went to make deposit to commit myself. Anyway all the best to you and remember to thumbsup when you see ADtre OTR next time!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]282662[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]282663[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]282664[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]282665[/ATTACH]

Hi ben1112

Just asking if the tool works like a torque wrench concept, that you can select the amount of force measured in N during clockwise or anti clockwise direction?

If it does then this shall be useful especially during tightening in the assembling process if you could select the torque force as not to under or over tighten the locking nuts to the CVT pulley system.

Hi ben1112

Just asking if the tool works like a torque wrench concept, that you can select the amount of force measured in N during clockwise or anti clockwise direction?

If it does then this shall be useful especially during tightening in the assembling process if you could select the torque force as not to under or over tighten the locking nuts to the CVT pulley system.

Dear bro adiva89,

This type of tool is highly regarded as value for money and well performing tool in the Taiwanese scooter community. It is not adjustable, but the methodology used is by using a oil based marker to mark the nut relative to its original tightened position and when reassembling tighten to the original position.

From what i gather from their forums this is a well advocated method and has no problems if done correctly.

Dear bro adiva89,

This type of tool is highly regarded as value for money and well performing tool in the Taiwanese scooter community. It is not adjustable, but the methodology used is by using a oil based marker to mark the nut relative to its original tightened position and when reassembling tighten to the original position.

From what i gather from their forums this is a well advocated method and has no problems if done correctly.

Thanks for the enlightenment to the tool capability which is the main tool for removing all types of bikes using CVT system.

Could you share the contact to purchase the tool.

Thanks for the enlightenment to the tool capability which is the main tool for removing all types of bikes using CVT system.

Could you share the contact to purchase the tool.

I have a contact/agent in TW whom I send money to via paypal and he purchases any item I want for a small fee. Downside is there is absolutely no guarantee or insurance of the transaction. I slowly build trust in him over the years and started with small/cheap items.

If you really interested you might consider taking the current one off my hands while i order another one. It has not been used/tested at all but you are free to try.

On a different note, I understand that the belt for kymco downtown 300i and eventually the ADtre is not going to be cheap @ more then $200+ (i think).

I might consider shipping in from TW direct and sharing with fellow adiva buddies here.

Wow Bro,

Hmm.. u should be an agent for SG. sideline hee hee hee......

I have a contact/agent in TW whom I send money to via paypal and he purchases any item I want for a small fee. Downside is there is absolutely no guarantee or insurance of the transaction. I slowly build trust in him over the years and started with small/cheap items.

If you really interested you might consider taking the current one off my hands while i order another one. It has not been used/tested at all but you are free to try.

On a different note, I understand that the belt for kymco downtown 300i and eventually the ADtre is not going to be cheap @ more then $200+ (i think).

I might consider shipping in from TW direct and sharing with fellow adiva buddies here.

Thanks bro and hope to see AD3 on our road the soonest.

Sad to hear that bro, many a times i also tempted to give up that's why i went to make deposit to commit myself. Anyway all the best to you and remember to thumbsup when you see ADtre OTR next time!

Hi ben1112

Have PM you my HP. I would like to try on my Ad200 to see if is this tool could open the belt CVT before confirm the purchase from you.

Regards

Bro are you familiar with removing the cvt case cover?

Yes, The belt, pulley and roller change was DIY....I did it at my friend's brother car Wksp using the compress air wrench....the Sym cvt both locking nuts are size 19mm hexagon nut......

Hi guys! just went to Mah just now to look at the AD200 and AD Tre and not sure why the sales ppl there aren't keen to promote it.

In fact, I asked 2 Mah ppl (separately) on the rain protection and whether they would recommend it, they reply saying that the roof is not much use, raining days will still need raincoat, unless light drizzle. They test ride the AD Tre on raining days and they say other than the head, the rest will get wet... so I am quite confused now as I am drawn to AD 200 becoz of the rain protection. Is the rain protection that bad for both the rider and pillion? coz I tried on it and the roof does seem a little narrow...

Also they mentioned that due to the roof, there is completely no wind and will be very very warm.. is that true? But I did notice that both AD 200 and ADTre comes with air vents in the front. does it help?

I am kind of confuse now as rain protection is one of the priority for me.. hope u guys can help to convince me.. haha

btw They quote me ard 7000 for FBD plate AD200... worth?

Bro,

FBD plate is coming to 5years

Hi guys! just went to Mah just now to look at the AD200 and AD Tre and not sure why the sales ppl there aren't keen to promote it.

In fact, I asked 2 Mah ppl (separately) on the rain protection and whether they would recommend it, they reply saying that the roof is not much use, raining days will still need raincoat, unless light drizzle. They test ride the AD Tre on raining days and they say other than the head, the rest will get wet... so I am quite confused now as I am drawn to AD 200 becoz of the rain protection. Is the rain protection that bad for both the rider and pillion? coz I tried on it and the roof does seem a little narrow...

Also they mentioned that due to the roof, there is completely no wind and will be very very warm.. is that true? But I did notice that both AD 200 and ADTre comes with air vents in the front. does it help?

I am kind of confuse now as rain protection is one of the priority for me.. hope u guys can help to convince me.. haha

btw They quote me ard 7000 for FBD plate AD200... worth?

Hi Js003

My FBD89A AD200 has just celebrated its 4th birthday yesterday. My OTR was about 11k.

You mentioned a used FBD was quoted 7k. Is this inclusive insurance, road tax and LTA transfer?

I would also like to comment that the Ma Pte Ltd former sales staff is no longer with the company that the new sales staff seem not the same sales energizer. Not surprise that the 4 units of used AD200 are still around and will not sell if the sales staff is reluctant or not keen to promote it.

You could feedback to Ma Pte Ltd boss Mr. John Ma on your experience to the matter.

I've ridden many types of bikes for the past 33 years which the latest is the AD200 for the last 4 years hence I would like to share my views and experience with you how is difference a bike with roof.

In my definition for rain which I shall classified into 3 catalogies which is 1) dizzle, 2) shower and 3) thunder storm (heavy rain).

The AD200 has to add on the 2 sides reflector besides the main screen as to better protect the rider and with these add on the AD200 is no problem in a 1) dizzling or light rain and can protect the rider until 2) shower level rain.

Of course heavy downpour will wet the rider though not completely but usually on the shoulders sleeve area when is on the move and if at traffic stops shall wet your pants if your legs are down to support when the AD200 is stationary.

I had a friend whom fixed a roof side reflector accessory has revert this roof add on certainly helps to further minimize the wetness in a thunder storm situation.

To ride the AD200 in a early morning shall protect you from the cold winds which on a normal bike has to wear a jacket.

On hot sunny day, the roof has a certain shade level of protection which the rider could have some air through the vents.

I usually rode alone and on a non raining day, I shall fold the roof to rest on the pillion seat as the main box is full of my work stuff.

I was once like most bikers, shall rides faster when we see the skies getting dark or the rain is about to begin. We seems to ride even faster to escape the wetness felt during in the rain.

After riding the AD200 with roof, the anxiety during raining, to get to my destination has become more relax and equally as safe. I no longer need to speed up when the skies are getting dark and in the rain, I'm able to ride at a slower speed which is also safety.

All scooters have similar CVT belt system as however the downside of the AD200 is the pricing which a new 200cc SYM GTS model sells for about 7k as compare to AD200 at 11k.

The top speed for AD200 is about 105kmph on a clear day and you have to vary in speed in wind situation. I usually rides at 80 - 90 kmph and slows down during raining.

At this moment, Advia has monopoly the market which offer users@ bike with roof that I to choose the AD200 or ADtre due to protection on the rider when is raining and plus the rear luggage box is also a bonus. large enough to accomlate a briefcase and a helmet.

Edited by advia89

Hi Js003

My FBD89A AD200 has just celebrated its 4th birthday yesterday. My OTR was about 11k.

You mentioned a used FBD was quoted 7k. Is this inclusive insurance, road tax and LTA transfer?

I would also like to comment that the Ma Pte Ltd former sales staff is no longer with the company that the new sales staff seem not the same sales energizer. Not surprise that the 4 units of used AD200 are still around and will not sell if the sales staff is reluctant or not keen to promote it.

You could feedback to Ma Pte Ltd boss Mr. John Ma on your experience to the matter.

I've ridden many types of bikes for the past 33 years which the latest is the AD200 for the last 4 years hence I would like to share my views and experience with you how is difference a bike with roof.

In my definition for rain which I shall classified into 3 catalogies which is 1) dizzle, 2) shower and 3) thunder storm (heavy rain).

The AD200 has to add on the 2 sides reflector besides the main screen as to better protect the rider and with these add on the AD200 is no problem in a 1) dizzling or light rain and can protect the rider until 2) shower level rain.

Of course heavy downpour will wet the rider though not completely but usually on the shoulders sleeve area when is on the move and if at traffic stops shall wet your pants if your legs are down to support when the AD200 is stationary.

I had a friend whom fixed a roof side reflector accessory has revert this roof add on certainly helps to further minimize the wetness in a thunder storm situation.

To ride the AD200 in a early morning shall protect you from the cold winds which on a normal bike has to wear a jacket.

On hot sunny day, the roof has a certain shade level of protection which the rider could have some air through the vents.

I usually rode alone and on a non raining day, I shall fold the roof to rest on the pillion seat as the main box is full of my work stuff.

I was once like most bikers, shall rides faster when we see the skies getting dark or the rain is about to begin. We seems to ride even faster to escape the wetness felt during in the rain.

After riding the AD200 with roof, the anxiety during raining, to get to my destination has become more relax and equally as safe. I no longer need to speed up when the skies are getting dark and in the rain, I'm able to ride at a slower speed which is also safety.

All scooters have similar CVT belt system as however the downside of the AD200 is the pricing which a new 200cc SYM GTS model sells for about 7k as compare to AD200 at 11k.

The top speed for AD200 is about 105kmph on a clear day and you have to vary in speed in wind situation. I usually rides at 80 - 90 kmph and slows down during raining.

At this moment, Advia has monopoly the market which offer users@ bike with roof that I to choose the AD200 or ADtre due to protection on the rider when is raining and plus the rear luggage box is also a bonus. large enough to accomlate a briefcase and a helmet.

Fully agreed on the raining part; my exact sentiments.

Hi Adiva89 and ben, thanks for sharing your experience. Really appreciate it! :thumb: think that would be my expectation for the roof as well, able to protect without raincoat for drizzle and showers... thunder storm and heavy rain I think sure will get wet due to cross winds and down pour. My the other concern is for my pillion, as I would normal pillion my gf, wouldn't want her to get wet as well yah.. haha would the roof be able to protect the pillion?

Also wonder if there is any aftermarket for the side deflector and the roof side deflector? how much and where to get it? coz OEM is really ex and they dun have the roof side deflector..

I would still probably be incline to get the AD200... hehe! yup. the $7000 is inclusive of insurance, road tax and transfer.

Cheers!