SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Adiva ad3

parotae

When you get up to speed the wind will draw the rain away from the cabin. There is no other deflector other than oem or custom. With a roof even the thin plastic raincoat will suffice, not feeling the painful raindrops at high speed is also a plus.

Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The AD200 offers minimium rain protection to the pillion as basically the windscreen is enough to screen the rider.

However there isn't problem for pillion in a drizzle situation.

As for light rain, upper part of the pillion body is still ok as usually the pillion knee and feet area shall tends to wet by the rain seeping from the sides.

Shower rain & heavy downpour rain is best for the pillion to wear light raincoat. The one piece type is enough to keep out the rain.

As mentioned by Ben, the rider and pillion has a level of comfort that is the irritating & pain beating of the rain drops to your faces and bodies are protected by the AD200 windscreen.

So far, i think there isn't after market side windscreen reflector and the roof reflector accessories in SG. the side reflector is about $500 for Left and Right pieces and the roof reflector of 2 pieces about $400 which sold by Ma.

What I've mentioned earlier on to the rain conditions that you have to add the side reflectors as to maximize the existing windscreen to keep the rider dry.

The set back to the roof reflector accessory is to be fitted to the existing roof sides then after you no longer can fold the roof to tuck into the rear box.

Alternatively you may try the used bikes section in this web page to see if there are direct AD200/250 sellers.

Edited by advia89

The AD200 offers minimium rain protection to the pillion as basically the windscreen is enough to screen the rider.

However there isn't problem for pillion in a drizzle situation.

As for light rain, upper part of the pillion body is still ok as usually the pillion knee and feet area shall tends to wet by the rain seeping from the sides.

Shower rain & heavy downpour rain is best for the pillion to wear light raincoat. The one piece type is enough to keep out the rain.

As mentioned by Ben, the rider and pillion has a level of comfort that is the irritating & pain beating of the rain drops to your faces and bodies are protected by the AD200 windscreen.

So far, i think there isn't after market side windscreen reflector and the roof reflector accessories in SG. the side reflector is about $500 for Left and Right pieces and the roof reflector of 2 pieces about $400 which sold by Ma.

What I've mentioned earlier on to the rain conditions that you have to add the side reflectors as to maximize the existing windscreen to keep the rider dry.

The set back to the roof reflector accessory is to be fitted to the existing roof sides then after you no longer can fold the roof to tuck into the rear box.

Alternatively you may try the used bikes section in this web page to see if there are direct AD200/250 sellers.

Adiva89,

Do you have any contact/resource to a shop that can fabricate canvas side rain cover?

Having a canvas side rain cover would be useful... if the side cover can be held down when on the move.

Any idea if there are any workshop that does customised windscreen? maybe can get them to do a customised side deflector at a cheaper rate.. haha.. $500 + $400 = $900 just for added protection.. O.O

Hear from my friend that Ah Boy shop in Kelantan Lane can fabricate but they need the actual item so as to copy.

Same for canvas work that there are shops along Kitchener Road behind the Jalan Besar Stadium (underneath the HDB flats) can do the work and also has to provide the copy or dimension to the canvas cover. They don't want to committ unless you can provide all the modification details.

Honesty it looks kind of weird to drape around the bike with canvas covers as I've seen someone does it on his scooter.......Honda scooter modify roof with canvas covers ....

Having a canvas side rain cover would be useful... if the side cover can be held down when on the move.

Any idea if there are any workshop that does customised windscreen? maybe can get them to do a customised side deflector at a cheaper rate.. haha.. $500 + $400 = $900 just for added protection.. O.O

You just have to factor in the deflector as part of the initial purchase of the scooter. To me an Adiva without side deflector is useless as it is meant to be used with it. Top deflector is less effective than side because of the the way the wind blows at speed the side deflector will push wind away from the sides which prevent rain from hitting you. The top deflector prevents stationary rain but with that wind bubble its not as effective.

Hear from my friend that Ah Boy shop in Kelantan Lane can fabricate but they need the actual item so as to copy.

Same for canvas work that there are shops along Kitchener Road behind the Jalan Besar Stadium (underneath the HDB flats) can do the work and also has to provide the copy or dimension to the canvas cover. They don't want to committ unless you can provide all the modification details.

Honesty it looks kind of weird to drape around the bike with canvas covers as I've seen someone does it on his scooter.......Honda scooter modify roof with canvas covers ....

I saw that bike before at Sim Lim Tower. I intend to make canvas that can roll up when not in use but more importantly must have see through window.

Not to be a wet blanket or something, but what r the chances LTA doesn't approve the AD3?

When I first saw the sample in Mah's showroom, it was back in Dec last year.

It's almost coming to a year now & it's still in the "LTA approval" stage.

I understand some of u guys paid deposit or booking fee so to speak.

But if the outcome is not approved, what happens then?

They'll refund the $ in full?

Or "force" u to get another model coz it's non-refundable?

The things you own, end up owning you.

Bike_History.png

Not to be a wet blanket or something, but what r the chances LTA doesn't approve the AD3?

When I first saw the sample in Mah's showroom, it was back in Dec last year.

It's almost coming to a year now & it's still in the "LTA approval" stage.

I understand some of u guys paid deposit or booking fee so to speak.

But if the outcome is not approved, what happens then?

They'll refund the $ in full?

Or "force" u to get another model coz it's non-refundable?

It's not very common for that to happen. Anyway, internationally only Japan has released the bike just less than two months ago, partly I think is due to the fact that it is made in Japan. So even the bigger markets Europe/UK also haven released yet so don't worry. It will be very worrying only if everyone else has already released it OTR and SGP still left hanging like now, only then the chances of it(reason of LTA not approve) becomes very real.

MAH booking is $100 non refundable. The only reason I made that deposit because its not too much or little, I will commit to buying this bike instead of being tempted by other bike and if necessary I will be able to afford to forfeit it.

Bro,

the $100 booking fee has Mah came out with the total price ? on not confirm till LTA approved it ?

It's not very common for that to happen. Anyway, internationally only Japan has released the bike just less than two months ago, partly I think is due to the fact that it is made in Japan. So even the bigger markets Europe/UK also haven released yet so don't worry. It will be very worrying only if everyone else has already released it OTR and SGP still left hanging like now, only then the chances of it(reason of LTA not approve) becomes very real.

MAH booking is $100 non refundable. The only reason I made that deposit because its not too much or little, I will commit to buying this bike instead of being tempted by other bike and if necessary I will be able to afford to forfeit it.

( Goober Scooter Rider. )

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm189/siriusjones/scooter.jpg

The price is not comfirmed. As disappointing as the long wait has been, I endure the wait as there is nothing else that promises the safety, practicality and function of the AD3.

Everyday pray faster come out...

This is disappointing and was what MAH sale person do nothing can confirm till it is LTA approve is all i know. :(

The price is not comfirmed. As disappointing as the long wait has been, I endure the wait as there is nothing else that promises the safety, practicality and function of the AD3.

Everyday pray faster come out...

The booking techniques is another way to test the market demand.....however I'm not in favour for booking without knowing the machine selling price at least.

Cos insurance, COE and LTA road tax and registeration fees are quite standard which is another component to add the OTR....

Most important is the machine price which is takes up the main bulk of the OTR price...

more bookings could also translate that the distributor may sell higher price knowing there are died hard fans of ADtre...

quite surprise till date there is no machine price as some forumer mentioned that Japan has released their production units in the Jap market.

Yes agree........

The booking techniques is another way to test the market demand.....however I'm not in favour for booking without knowing the machine selling price at least.

Cos insurance, COE and LTA road tax and registeration fees are quite standard which is another component to add the OTR....

Most important is the machine price which is takes up the main bulk of the OTR price...

more bookings could also translate that the distributor may sell higher price knowing there are died hard fans of ADtre...

quite surprise till date there is no machine price as some forumer mentioned that Japan has released their production units in the Jap market.

Yes agree........

Andre's booking has confirmed price, but his side (Nah Wah) booking is $500.

. But I booked with Mah as I'm sick of waiting and I want to be one of the very first to get my hands on it once it arrives which the salesman promised me.

I guess you can say I'm like a kid anticipating his x'mas present.

BTW Adiva Japan has released their machine price but i don't really know how it converts here after all those tax and stuff.

Morning Bro,

don't know leh. to me i just don't feel safe when i am going buy somthing which not knowing the prices and with MAH saleman All don't know thing is better for me to back off till it is out.

Andre's booking has confirmed price, but his side (Nah Wah) booking is $500.

. But I booked with Mah as I'm sick of waiting and I want to be one of the very first to get my hands on it once it arrives which the salesman promised me.

I guess you can say I'm like a kid anticipating his x'mas present.

BTW Adiva Japan has released their machine price but i don't really know how it converts here after all those tax and stuff.

R

Hi Ben

Still considering to let me have a try on the impact wrench.....

Actually... I was thinking of organising a meetup with all ADIVA members here after the release and getting of the AD3. Then can one time demo(maybe on your bike) for everyone on the spot and then do a mass order for all interested, which can benefit everyone.

Can I join if not riding Adiva please.......

Actually... I was thinking of organising a meetup with all ADIVA members here after the release and getting of the AD3. Then can one time demo(maybe on your bike) for everyone on the spot and then do a mass order for all interested, which can benefit everyone.

Yes sir thank you sir

Of course is can la... But organise meeting this kinda of thing how well the turn-up must based on the alignment of starts in the sky and the schedules of everybody.

I have a contact/agent in TW whom I send money to via paypal and he purchases any item I want for a small fee. Downside is there is absolutely no guarantee or insurance of the transaction. I slowly build trust in him over the years and started with small/cheap items.

If you really interested you might consider taking the current one off my hands while i order another one. It has not been used/tested at all but you are free to try.

On a different note, I understand that the belt for kymco downtown 300i and eventually the ADtre is not going to be cheap @ more then $200+ (i think).

I might consider shipping in from TW direct and sharing with fellow adiva buddies here.

Actually I was taking up your offer since you mentioned I could go for a try to see if its works before I buy over from you and moreover you haven't even tried or test the product yet.

If it works then maybe we can carry out the recommendations to the forumers in this bikes thread.

If there is a mass order for the impact wrench that you could do more by organizing workshop class and demo as how to carry out maintenance to the scooter essential system especially @CVT system...plus demo how your Dr. Pulley retrofit kit works which you already physically on standby to replace your expecting new AdTre exsisting CVT system and can also in sharing your direct Taiwan lobang to order the cheaper belt or other parts...etc

Should you are unsure or don't know how to execute the Advia CVT system that I may assist. If further need and require my assistance to demo your impact wrench product on my Advia scooter or CVT technical advise can be arrange to be consider.

Before all the mass recommendation which i think is prudent to initially test the 12 volts power impact wrench tool really works @if it could also loosen or tighten the rear wheel 24mm hex nut besides the variator and belt CVT clutch 19mm nuts.....

I hope all CVT scooters owners can also benefit by considering the impact tool besides ADvia scooter members or owners...

Edited by advia89

Actually I was taking up your offer since you mentioned I could go for a try to see if its works before I buy over from you and moreover you haven't even tried or test the product yet.

If it works then maybe we can carry out the recommendations to the forumers in this bikes thread.

If there is a mass order for the impact wrench that you could do more by organizing workshop class and demo as how to carry out maintenance to the scooter essential system especially @CVT system...plus demo how your Dr. Pulley retrofit kit works which you already physically on standby to replace your expecting new AdTre exsisting CVT system and can also in sharing your direct Taiwan lobang to order the cheaper belt or other parts...etc

Should you are unsure or don't know how to execute the Advia CVT system that I may assist. If further need and require my assistance to demo your impact wrench product on my Advia scooter or CVT technical advise can be arrange to be consider.

Before all the mass recommendation which i think is prudent to initially test the 12 volts power impact wrench tool really works @if it could also loosen or tighten the rear wheel 24mm hex nut besides the variator and belt CVT clutch 19mm nuts.....

I hope all CVT scooters owners can also benefit by considering the impact tool besides ADvia scooter members or owners...

I only intend to make one order for fellow Adiva riders because I do not want monetary profits, If I do take a cut out of it then it will push the price too high to be value for money.

Probably doing this for pioneer batch of Adiva owner's meetup only, unless for some reason that can change my mind. :cool:

Morning Bros,

Should we open up bike warehouse/website for sale of unwanted or used parts ?

I only intend to make one order for fellow Adiva riders because I do not want monetary profits, If I do take a cut out of it then it will push the price too high to be value for money.

Probably doing this for pioneer batch of Adiva owner's meetup only, unless for some reason that can change my mind. :cool: