• Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Denied Entry for TP Test @ CDC Due to Possible Exposure with COVID Case

• Administrators

Saw this post on Facebook recently, thought it would be good to share with all if you have a current TP test date coming up.

Bro Wee Boon was suppose to have his TP test today but was turned away by the safe distancing officer and denied entry into CDC as his Trace Together app showed that he possible had exposure to a case confirmed to be COVID positive.

If you have such interactions, best to check ahead of time with the driving centre to make sure whether you can enter the premises at all, or have to change date or get a refund.

From Wee Boon's post:

Hi guys, just wanna get some thoughts on CDC enforcing checking of trace together app for possible exposure upon entering. 
I am suppose to be doing my TP this morning, but I was denied entry due to having possible exposure with the case at Vivo city. I was able to enter the compound the day before to do my circuit revision and road revision and only got to enter after explaining that I was only in the same mall and have not enter the same shop as the case.
According to Student affairs officer NEO that was on duty this morning at CDC, "He doesn't care if I was able to enter yesterday as long as he is here today, he will not be letting me in." That was the only explaination given to me. I am a paying student and am I receiving such attitude.
I have also tried contacting CDC's customer service and they have yet came up with a SOP to solve/rebook lesson for students that has been denied entry. Till now I have yet to get a new TP test date.
I call MOH, they mention to me that because CDC is a private property they have the rights to deny me entry. But MOH point of view is if they nvr contact me to serve SHN, I would have been fine and shouldn't have been denied entry.
Waited a month for TP just to get denied 😭

176999123_10226450369753552_1225005793597445440_n.thumb.jpg.9f77ea677dcc945d1683873450ccfe50.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw this post on Facebook recently, thought it would be good to share with all if you have a current TP test date coming up. Bro Wee Boon was suppose to have his TP test today but was turned away

Posted Images

18 hours ago, SBF said:

Saw this post on Facebook recently, thought it would be good to share with all if you have a current TP test date coming up.

Bro Wee Boon was suppose to have his TP test today but was turned away by the safe distancing officer and denied entry into CDC as his Trace Together app showed that he possible had exposure to a case confirmed to be COVID positive.

If you have such interactions, best to check ahead of time with the driving centre to make sure whether you can enter the premises at all, or have to change date or get a refund.

From Wee Boon's post:

Hi guys, just wanna get some thoughts on CDC enforcing checking of trace together app for possible exposure upon entering. 
I am suppose to be doing my TP this morning, but I was denied entry due to having possible exposure with the case at Vivo city. I was able to enter the compound the day before to do my circuit revision and road revision and only got to enter after explaining that I was only in the same mall and have not enter the same shop as the case.
According to Student affairs officer NEO that was on duty this morning at CDC, "He doesn't care if I was able to enter yesterday as long as he is here today, he will not be letting me in." That was the only explaination given to me. I am a paying student and am I receiving such attitude.
I have also tried contacting CDC's customer service and they have yet came up with a SOP to solve/rebook lesson for students that has been denied entry. Till now I have yet to get a new TP test date.
I call MOH, they mention to me that because CDC is a private property they have the rights to deny me entry. But MOH point of view is if they nvr contact me to serve SHN, I would have been fine and shouldn't have been denied entry.
Waited a month for TP just to get denied 😭

176999123_10226450369753552_1225005793597445440_n.thumb.jpg.9f77ea677dcc945d1683873450ccfe50.jpg

See la.. never check out.. LOL.. Jokes aside..

Remember to check out and you might "miss" the timing... to be denied entry is abit ridiculous.

But again.. Usually they only check if you check in or not.. How do they even come to this page? hmmm..

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By SBF
      The 39-year-old owner of a motor workshop Fong Kim Exhaust System Pte Ltd in Ubi was charged in court on Thursday (May 6 2021) with three counts of performing illegal vehicle modifications.

Raymond Tan Chia Long, the owner of Fong Kim Exhaust Racing Development, was charged under the Road Traffic Act with replacing the exhaust systems of two cars with unapproved systems on three separate occasions. 
      Court documents show the alleged offences occurred in June 2019, September last year and March this year, with one car getting its exhaust system replaced twice. 
      For performing illegal vehicle modifications, first-time offenders face a fine of up to S$5,000, up to three months in jail, or both. 
      The penalties are doubled for repeat offenders. 
      Modifying a vehicle illegally is a serious offence, said the Land Transport Authority (LTA) in a media release on Thursday. 
      “Such illegal exhaust modification affects the durability and reliability of the vehicle, and increases the safety risks to both the driver and other road users,” said the LTA. Such modifications can also result in excessive noise, causing public nuisance, it added.

Only LTA approved exhausts such as SC Project will be allowed for sale by retailers
      The agency noted that motorists must seek its approval before modifying exhaust systems. 
      “Only certified exhaust systems, which have undergone stringent testing in compliance with international standards, and are compatible with that particular make and model of the vehicle will be allowed,” it said. 
      “These exhaust systems are also required to meet the prevailing noise and exhaust emission requirements set by the National Environment Agency.”
      It added that vehicle owners should check if their planned modifications comply with LTA’s guidelines before proceeding. Information on vehicle modifications are available on the agency’s One Motoring website.

Aftermarket coloured/LED lights such as those on these Yamaha Aerox kups are also not allowed
      “LTA takes a serious view of illegal modifications as they may pose serious safety and environmental hazards,” it said. 
      Senior Minister of State for Transport Amy Khor said in Parliament in March that stricter penalties and regular enforcement have reduced the number of illegal vehicle modifications in Singapore, from about 1,800 per month in 2015 to around 550 per month last year. 
      In the past two years, LTA has issued an average of 610 notices of offences per month to owners of illegally modified vehicles, said Dr Khor then.
      LTA does not provide further details on this statistics, of how many such offences are for motor cars and how many are for motorcycles. Some of the more 'popular' illegal modifications for motorcycles include unapproved exhaust systems, tint visors, naked handlebars, and aftermarket LED lights.
      With this harsher clam down on illegal modifications in Singapore, with the law now punishing not just the owner of the vehicle, but also the workshop that assist in modifying the vehicle, does this spell the start of the end of individual styling and modifications of our beloved rides?
      Hardest hit commercially with this new ruling would be the workshops that currently hold high inventory levels of non LTA-approved exhausts and other such illegal modifications. Some workshops have gotten around this law by stating with their sale invoices "For off-road and private road use ONLY".
      If you want to know what modifications are allowed, you can refer to LTA's website here:
      https://onemotoring.lta.gov.sg/content/onemotoring/home/owning/modification.html#List_of_Modifications
      What do you think of LTA's move to clamp down on workshops and retailers that aid in illegally modifying vehicles? Let us know your thoughts and comments in the comments section down below!
    • By SBF
      It has been announced that the Malaysia Road Transport Department (JPJ) is offering a 70% discount on traffic summonses starting today. This includes cases that are blacklisted as well. The discount will kick in for two months, from 13 April to 13 June 2021.

According to transport minister Wee Ka Siong, the discount is being offered in conjunction with JPJ’s 75th anniversary. The discount will involve 3.5 million active summonses identified from 2010 to March this year.
      Those who would like to make payment of the summonses can do so at all JPJ offices and online through the department’s official portal.

“I encourage the public to pay their summonses online to avoid congestion at JPJ offices,” Wee told reporters after JPJ’s 75th Platinum Jubilee celebration.
      If you currently have any summons outstanding for Malaysia, you might want to use this opportunity to settle them before the borders open so that once COVID restrictions have been relaxed, you would be able to go touring up north without worries!
      Find out more on how to check for summon on your vehicle and pay them via the JPJ website here:
      https://www.jpj.gov.my/en/web/main-site/undang-undang-en/-/knowledge_base/law/summons-payment-method JPJ has further introduced JPJeQ, an online waiting queue system today as a method to avoid the 3Cs (crowded, confined and close) at all JPJ premises and counters.
      “The mobile application will allow customers to choose the JPJ branches which are less crowded and use QR codes to get the waiting number, and it is a friendly app to people with disabilities and senior citizens,” Wee added.
    • By SBF
      Article reproduced from The Straits Times
      Learner motorcyclists and drivers could in a few years' time be assessed for a road licence without the presence of a human tester, if a trial here proceeds smoothly.
      The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has called a tender for a trial of a fully automated circuit that will use technology to test motorcycle riders.
      The Intelligent Driving Circuit (IDC) will eventually replace the current testing method, which involves a human assessor, for both car drivers and motorcyclists.

According to the tender documents on government procurement portal GeBiz, the trial is to be conducted on selected Class 2, 2A and 2B motorcycles, which are to be fitted with analytical equipment such as sensors and cameras.
      The tenderer is expected to supply two motorcycle units for each class and set up automated testing systems at the motorcycle course stations within the test circuit at the Singapore Safety Driving Centre (SSDC) in Woodlands Industrial Park.
      The tender documents set out the riding errors that the automated testing system must be able to detect at the emergency stop station in a proof-of-concept test.
      These include failing to attain a minimum speed of 30kmh for Class 2B motorcycles and 40kmh for Class 2 and 2A motorcycles before executing the emergency stop, failing to look straight ahead and hold the handlebar firmly with both hands, and failing to grip the fuel tank with both knees.
      The system must also be able to detect if a rider puts his feet down before bringing the motorcycle to a complete stop, if he supports the motorcycle with his right foot instead of his left after stopping, or if he stops in a staggering manner.

Applying insufficient braking force, applying the clutch before braking, applying the brakes early, failing to close the throttle to make use of the engine brake and failing to apply the front and rear brakes together are also among the listed errors.
      Other errors that will cause a rider to fail the test immediately include taking more than the required distances to stop the motorcycle on a wet surface, falling off the motorcycle and causing the motorcycle to lean over by more than 45 degrees.
      The tenderer must show that the system can achieve at least 80 per cent accuracy in detecting and highlighting these errors before the design is considered for further evaluation.
      The system must be able to achieve 100 per cent accuracy in detecting errors before it is eventually implemented in full.
      It will also be required to show how demerit points are awarded and why, as well as calculate the total demerit points awarded at the end of the test to determine whether the testee had met the minimum requirements before proceeding to the next test.
      The trial could take up to a year and a half, according to the tender documents. The tenderer will be required to provide warranty and maintenance of the system for up to 18 months after installation.
      When the IDC was first announced by Home Affairs and Law Minister K. Shanmugam in 2017, the minister said the trial would take place in 2021 and that the plan was to achieve full implementation by 2023.
      He said then that using technology to conduct driving lessons and tests will enhance the effectiveness of lessons, increase productivity and allow lessons to be taken outside of the current operating hours to better suit learners' schedules.
      The MHA did not respond to queries on the trial. A training manager at SSDC declined to comment when approached.
    • By SBF
      Repost from SG Road Vigilante:
      Couple of BMW GS bikes were seen with modified bike racks attached to their motorcycles carrying what looks to be mountain bikes. With the craze over cycling nowadays, not surprising certain motorcycle owners will look to using their bikes to transport their bicycles.
      A "concerned" (more like kaypoh) motorist actually wrote in to LTA to enquire whether this is legal/approved and like most other modifications, LTA has stated clearly that this is not allowed/approved. Now you know!
      P.S. Maybe a foldie would work better rather than a full-size 29-er mountain bike!
      Full excerpt from LTA:
      We would like to inform you that we do not allow installation of bicycle rack on to a motorcycle as it would cause danger to the motorcyclist and other road users. This is because with a bicycle rack mounted onto a motorcycle the installation would protrude out of the motorcycle significantly and it would adversely affect the maneuvering, stability and control of the motorcycle. 

• Latest Topics

• Shell BAU_Motorcycle_Version 2_SingaporeBikes Banner_300x250 (static).jpg