SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

guys and gals......thanks for all the help/guidance. I am now the proud owner of a Fatboy. It is in the workshop for some minor work. Should be on the road by Friday :-)....

Hope you'll never need to tow.... ha ha. Congrats dude.

Harley Davidson is not just a bike, it's a lifestyle......

Hope you'll never need to tow.... ha ha. Congrats dude.

choi choi choi........:-)

But seriously, anyone have experience with bike alarm? can someone recommend brand/place to install.

Maybe those with tilt/movement sensor and immobilizer...:-)

Edited by ycwoon

guys and gals......thanks for all the help/guidance. I am now the proud owner of a Fatboy. It is in the workshop for some minor work. Should be on the road by Friday :-)....

Way to go and congrats to another Softail rider - If you bought the Fatboy I think you did (beach bars), you will not be dissapointed.

Hope to see you on the road sometime.

choi choi choi........:-)

But seriously, anyone have experience with bike alarm? can someone recommend brand/place to install.

Maybe those with tilt/movement sensor and immobilizer...:-)

I'd like to know as well. I think some kids are sitting on my bike in the car park. I have a cover on it, and can see where they butt sits. Pisses me off as more likely to break something on it if you cant see it (like to rear turn signals) :(

I believe the 883R can hit 150 - 160km/hr when fully maxed out

It's a perfect bike for city riding, beats all the big twins anytime.

but forget it if you want to tour.

If it can hit 160kmph maxed out, then I guess cruising at 140kmph should be fine .. just keep the legs closed :lol:

But I wonder how taxing will the engine be at that speed. Imagine the engine (a 883cc V-Twin) running at 5,000rpm at 140kmph :faint:

my 883 is big bored to 1200 can reach 170kmh even b4 i did the convert . for touring and constant speed at 160 is out of the question catching too much of wind. now i tour with my softail instead much more stable but still at 160 nah .....

Wow 170kmph before convert? Is it a carb or EFI model (or does it matter)? Did you do any mods to it? I think it is still ok to tour with a sportster depending on how I cope with the wind blast. I ever toured with my Street Triple with a heavy backpack.

How much does it cost to convert to 1200 (by the dealership)?

Haha.. That was a looong tine ago bro.. Actually I like all kinds of bikes,but I guess my favs would be custom cruisers and classic Vespa

:cheeky:

Yah that was like 5 - 6 years ago. I didn't think that I would end up with a Class2 license haha. I guess I'm hooked ever since I started riding. The Shadow125 was good looking and comfortable, but too under-powered. Still a very unique and nice bike though!

c26492.jpg

"Beat all the big twins anytime" ???

I think your either lucky or dreaming that this will never happen. Theres alot of big twin out there where their bike itself are real fast,but sometimes also depends on the rider. but as for the machine alone, unless you are having a super mob for drag race but riding on the road,then maybe you still stand a chance.

Yes, I meant for city riding, the sporty beats the big twins anytime in terms of overall suitability. top reason of course is manouverability, other reasons include fuel consumption. I'm not referring to speed at all as you have misunderstood.

Harleys are generally slow. period. dont talk about modding etc etc... becos then there is no end and no basis for discussion anymore.

just in case you think I'm jealous or against any big twin. I'm not.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

Yohji,

Harleys rumble rattle and roll. vibration is an issue which you must accept.

Of course, there has been great improvements in that area with the newer models and rubber mounted engines etc... but be prepared for the buzzy feeling after long rides.

Yohji,

Of course, there has been great improvements in that area with the newer models and rubber mounted engines etc... but be prepared for the buzzy feeling after long rides.

I love rumbling engines (used to ride a Monster L-twin) but not one that sounds like it's going out of breath or very stressed (high pitched sound at 140kmph). Sounds .. very irritating leh ..

What's the highest speed u ever went on ur 883R? How did it sound?

c26492.jpg

Yes, I meant for city riding, the sporty beats the big twins anytime in terms of overall suitability. top reason of course is manouverability, other reasons include fuel consumption. I'm not referring to speed at all as you have misunderstood.

Harleys are generally slow. period. dont talk about modding etc etc... becos then there is no end and no basis for discussion anymore.

just in case you think I'm jealous or against any big twin. I'm not.

Its always good when explain.

yeah, i am everywhere now... haha.. i bought a NRS late last year and sold the ducati in May. It was a reluctant sale but I felt I could only love 1 bike at any one time. I ride the NRS daily to work now... hope to see u get your Harley... ride to work, work to ride :)

Hey Conjurer! Didin't expect to see you here in the Harley thread hehe. Thanks for the links. I've actually visited them before but looking for more! Are you still riding a Monster? Or switched to a Harley?

2008 Night Rod Special, 1993 Ducati 900SS, 2011 Ducati Diavel Dark Knight

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/files/2/5/9/7/0/_147621.jpg

For this bike, he won't. I know it :angel:

Ahhh Johan, Woon bought the Fatboy off you. One less noisy harley in the Bukit Timah area (I'm sure Throttle will disagree though :D), one more adding to the noise in Tampines area.... Woon, i pass by the Tampines Stadium every morning (if i'm riding to work).... office at Tampines Mall area.... gallop.... gallop.... gallop.... :thumb:

Harley Davidson is not just a bike, it's a lifestyle......

Yohji,

haha, agree...

Sept 06 - Feb 08 = TZM

Feb 08 - April09= CB 400 Version S

May 09 - Oct 10 = Harley XR1200

Oct 10 - Oct 12= KTM SMT 990

Oct 12 - Oct 13 = Tmax 500

Mar 13 - Jul 13= SYM maxsym 400

Jul 13 - Sep 15 = Getz 1.4

Oct 15 - Now = Burgman 650

Never ride faster then ur guardian angel could fly

yeah, i am everywhere now... haha.. i bought a NRS late last year and sold the ducati in May. It was a reluctant sale but I felt I could only love 1 bike at any one time. I ride the NRS daily to work now... hope to see u get your Harley... ride to work, work to ride :)

Fwah from Monster 400 to a Night Rod Special!!! Way to go man!!! Riding a NRS to work daily is an enjoyment .. even if it's a Monday :lol:

:thumb:

c26492.jpg

For this bike, he won't. I know it :angel:

Yes, it is blessed by the Almighty:angel:

Way to go and congrats to another Softail rider - If you bought the Fatboy I think you did (beach bars), you will not be dissapointed. Hope to see you on the road sometime.

minus beach bars ...and also stock pipes for now.......:shades: dont want to to attract too much attention for now.

Ahhh Johan, Woon bought the Fatboy off you. One less noisy harley in the Bukit Timah area (I'm sure Throttle will disagree though :D), one more adding to the noise in Tampines area.... Woon, i pass by the Tampines Stadium every morning (if i'm riding to work).... office at Tampines Mall area.... gallop.... gallop.... gallop.... :thumb:

hehe.. but i am getting use to the beast ...need some time. the ride from AMK park 2 back is 110% stressfull..after 12yrs of ZERO riding :giddy: but it was great FUN..:thumb::D

So...I will be getting out and ride and ride Fri/Sat and be traveling again on Sunday...:cry:

I love rumbling engines (used to ride a Monster L-twin) but not one that sounds like it's going out of breath or very stressed (high pitched sound at 140kmph). Sounds .. very irritating leh ..

What's the highest speed u ever went on ur 883R? How did it sound?

I ride my 883R very gently, 130km/hr as far as i can remember was the fastest i went.

mostly i ride at 80 - 90km/hr for cruising.

I only ride in singapore nowadays

hmmm,..think the sportbikes exhaust manufacturers want a slice of the markets from Harley owners too...remus power cone for your harley???

http://www.remus.at/media/products/harleydavidson/115682229907.gif

wanna ride with madness?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maxxmadness/madness00.jpg

Oh ..I'm no longer in Bukit Timah..... moved to the North east closer to my parents.....

Yes, it is blessed by the Almighty:angel:

minus beach bars ...and also stock pipes for now.......:shades: dont want to to attract too much attention for now.

hehe.. but i am getting use to the beast ...need some time. the ride from AMK park 2 back is 110% stressfull..after 12yrs of ZERO riding :giddy: but it was great FUN..:thumb::D

So...I will be getting out and ride and ride Fri/Sat and be traveling again on Sunday...:cry:

I told you it'll be fun, the type of bike that'll bring a smile to your face. You were doing well test riding at my home. I still wish I could take a video of you riding with my setup. You look cool :thumb:

Bukit Timah area will be noisy if HOG decides to ride through again. Woo Hoo!!

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

you seem happy to kena caught by the speed cam...:faint:

me always use KPE, the route to KPE from sengkang is just 300 meters from my home...:D

no lah...mayb due to my work...too stressful...now become crazy. hahah

btw..yest recieved the warning letter...

kana 86km/h , -$140 -4pt.

this time they give warning. Heng*

http://www.ducatinewstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Stay_a_Hero_Campaign.jpg

Like father like son

hmmm,..think the sportbikes exhaust manufacturers want a slice of the markets from Harley owners too...remus power cone for your harley???

http://www.remus.at/media/products/harleydavidson/115682229907.gif

wah..reminds me of the powercone on my fz1..lolx

http://www.ducatinewstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Stay_a_Hero_Campaign.jpg

Like father like son

Eww .......... :giddy:

At least make something that goes well with the bike mah .... :slapforehead:

c26492.jpg

looks like i'll be riding my R more often starting end of next week

sold my car....hoping to find the next one real soon....

It's good to "get back to basics". Maybe then, you will have time to really appreciate the bike more :D

Made my booking of the Iron yesterday. Expected to arrive in September. August one already booked by someone else :slapforehead: It's selling like hot cake.

c26492.jpg

congrats... welcome to the club of black motorcycles :)

http://cdn-2.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/southsideharley/iron_883.jpg

Edited by conjurer

2008 Night Rod Special, 1993 Ducati 900SS, 2011 Ducati Diavel Dark Knight

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/files/2/5/9/7/0/_147621.jpg