SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

Hello everyone. Think I'm hooked on getting a Sportster. Test rode a 883R on Friday.

I'm thinking of the Iron 883. Was told by my friend from H-D that this bike makes 80+ hp.

For you guys riding Sportsters, did you ever feel that it is under powered/sluggish? And what is the top speed like? Comfortable to cruise on NSHW at 150-160kmph?

Also, I'm not able to find any ride reviews on the Iron. All the websites are talking abt the asthetics and specs of the bike instead of how it handles and rides. Think there are only 2 Irons in Singapore right now. Is anyone of you the owner??

Thanks!

Edited by yohji
c26492.jpg

the iron looks fantastic. a mini review can be found here http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/2009_Harley-Davidson_883_Iron_Motorcycle_Review

But you can follow some of the discussion in this Iron 883 thread to learn more

http://hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/323327-iron-883-owners-only.html

2008 Night Rod Special, 1993 Ducati 900SS, 2011 Ducati Diavel Dark Knight

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/files/2/5/9/7/0/_147621.jpg

Hello everyone. Think I'm hooked on getting a Sportster. Test rode a 883R on Friday.

I'm thinking of the Iron 883. Was told by my friend from H-D that this bike makes 80+ hp.

For you guys riding Sportsters, did you ever feel that it is under powered/sluggish? And what is the top speed like? Comfortable to cruise on NSHW at 150-160kmph?

Also, I'm not able to find any ride reviews on the Iron. All the websites are talking abt the asthetics and specs of the bike instead of how it handles and rides. Think there are only 2 Irons in Singapore right now. Is anyone of you the owner??

Thanks!

Here's a review on the Iron 883...

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/harley-davidson/2009-harleydavidson-iron-883-review-88124.html

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s351/thenation_bucket/whowatches.jpg

The 2 of them just collected their bikes yesterday.. Too early for them to give their reviews I guess..

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

Thanks!

Personally, I think there's no issue with power from a Sportie. Get a decent one year-wise and you're good to go.

But comfort wise, I didn't feel comfortable once speed reaches 140 km/h. Catching lotsa of wind, kinda jiggly. Hit 160 km/h, with more room to twist. But the wind overpowered me.

My Rides:

LuLu, Piaggio Gilera Runner FXR 180 (Feb05-Aug05)

PhanPhan, Honda Phantom TA 200 (Aug05-July07)

Leyley, HD Sportster XL1200R (Jul07-July09)

TiTi, Yamaha Majesty YP250 (Jul07-Oct09)

DyNaNa, HD FXDX Dyna SGS (Jul09-Dec10)

LanPaPa, Vespa Excel PX150XE (Oct09-Jul10)

PiaSekSek, Piaggio X8 (Aug10-Dec10)

Stixie, Honda ST1300A (Jan11-Nov15)

Giogio, Piaggio MP3 400IE (Nov15-??)

Personally, I think there's no issue with power from a Sportie. Get a decent one year-wise and you're good to go.

But comfort wise, I didn't feel comfortable once speed reaches 140 km/h. Catching lotsa of wind, kinda jiggly. Hit 160 km/h, with more room to twist. But the wind overpowered me.

Lunz,

How's the Dyna? Handling as easy as your sporty?

Harley Davidson is not just a bike, it's a lifestyle......

when i am on my sportster, i never worry about speed, it's about just cruising and enjoying the ride and having enough torque between the legs to get out of trouble.

of course when i am on one my japanese bikes, then that a different story...:D

wanna ride with madness?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maxxmadness/madness00.jpg

Lunz,

How's the Dyna? Handling as easy as your sporty?

Yeah, turns are easier, feetwise the locations are approximate the same, so currently still kinda squished. but not as bad when i go up to 140 and above. much more stable.

And i kinda realised why many riders i see ride in the middle lane while i was mostly on the first lane on my sporty. It's really enjoyable.

My Rides:

the iron looks fantastic. a mini review can be found here http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/2009_Harley-Davidson_883_Iron_Motorcycle_Review

But you can follow some of the discussion in this Iron 883 thread to learn more

http://hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/323327-iron-883-owners-only.html

Hey Conjurer! Didin't expect to see you here in the Harley thread hehe. Thanks for the links. I've actually visited them before but looking for more! Are you still riding a Monster? Or switched to a Harley?

Thanks bro. I've been to that page before, but thanks anyway :)

The 2 of them just collected their bikes yesterday.. Too early for them to give their reviews I guess..

Hello Terrible One! Long time no see man. You are really a die-hard cruiser/chopper rider. Still here after all these years! Still remember I was just starting out with my Shadow125 (from Issac) that time :lol:

Hi bro, you mean the 883 can reach 160km/h? Or do you mean the 1200? I guess 140km/h wouldn't be a big problem for me because I've tried higher speeds on my naked bike. You mean the bike gets very unstable at that speed and it feels "light"? Does the engine feels "laboured"??

The reason I'm asking is because I might use the bike for occasional travelling on the NSHW and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to keep up if my friends travel at ave. 150-160km/h. Does the 883 really makes 80hp?? I think it needs more, considering the 260kg weight.

when i am on my sportster, i never worry about speed, it's about just cruising and enjoying the ride and having enough torque between the legs to get out of trouble.

of course when i am on one my japanese bikes, then that a different story...:D

Correct bro, it's not about speed (the reason I would like to buy it is because of the style, easy-riding, pillion-friendly-ness and not much chrome to polish!) but I would like to make sure it isn't THAT slow either .. you get what I mean? :) And yah just like you, I think I'm gonna keep my Triumph, just in case the mood comes .. :lol:

c26492.jpg

Hi bro, you mean the 883 can reach 160km/h? Or do you mean the 1200? I guess 140km/h wouldn't be a big problem for me because I've tried higher speeds on my naked bike. You mean the bike gets very unstable at that speed and it feels "light"? Does the engine feels "laboured"??

The reason I'm asking is because I might use the bike for occasional travelling on the NSHW and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to keep up if my friends travel at ave. 150-160km/h. Does the 883 really makes 80hp?? I think it needs more, considering the 260kg weight.

u r right, i forgot i was on a 1200.

maybe you can check with the guys at the XLforum.

My Rides:

Look for reviews of the 883 instead of the Iron 883. Basically it's the same thing. Just design only. 883 I'd say comfortable 120km/h. 130-140km/h a bit hard. But don't worry about the weight. You see RKs, STs, Goldwings and Isaac's Valk can hit 180+ no prob and yet they're so heavy.

But when you get your sporty, like they said in HD last time "Go forth and spread the word of torque" :p Plus go whack corners. Zoom zoom zooommmm

w y x m m

Look for reviews of the 883 instead of the Iron 883. Basically it's the same thing. Just design only. 883 I'd say comfortable 120km/h. 130-140km/h a bit hard. But don't worry about the weight. You see RKs, STs, Goldwings and Isaac's Valk can hit 180+ no prob and yet they're so heavy.

But when you get your sporty, like they said in HD last time "Go forth and spread the word of torque" :p Plus go whack corners. Zoom zoom zooommmm

One of the guys who rides with us has a 883R. He is fine around 120-130km, but he wishes for a 6th gear to help. Also, the fuel range is a detractor as has to stop a lot more often.

Yeah, turns are easier, feetwise the locations are approximate the same, so currently still kinda squished. but not as bad when i go up to 140 and above. much more stable.

And i kinda realised why many riders i see ride in the middle lane while i was mostly on the first lane on my sporty. It's really enjoyable.

Good to hear that.... another Dyna hits the road....

Harley Davidson is not just a bike, it's a lifestyle......

Ok so I would say it cruises fine at 120-130kmph but top speed still unknown. Probably 140kmph. A little dissapointing. Anyone knows the fuel consumption?

Wah whack corners on the sporty, sure scrap something :p I'll use the Triumph for that.

c26492.jpg

Ok so I would say it cruises fine at 120-130kmph but top speed still unknown. Probably 140kmph. A little dissapointing. Anyone knows the fuel consumption?

Wah whack corners on the sporty, sure scrap something :p I'll use the Triumph for that.

I've ridden them all except the v-rod - my 2 cents - skip the 883 and go for the 1200 if you can afford it, it will save you looking for the extra power later. Even better go for the 96.

Cheers

I've ridden them all except the v-rod - my 2 cents - skip the 883 and go for the 1200 if you can afford it, it will save you looking for the extra power later. Even better go for the 96.

Cheers

I actually agree with you on getting the 1200 but ........

1. I can't afford a 1200 unless I sell my Triumph.

2. I love the looks of the Iron (dark, small, and with sports rims).

:lol:

Oh man ....... thanks for your views bro!

c26492.jpg

I believe the 883R can hit 150 - 160km/hr when fully maxed out

It's a perfect bike for city riding, beats all the big twins anytime.

but forget it if you want to tour.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

my 883 is big bored to 1200 can reach 170kmh even b4 i did the convert . for touring and constant speed at 160 is out of the question catching too much of wind. now i tour with my softail instead much more stable but still at 160 nah .....

Hello Terrible One! Long time no see man. You are really a die-hard cruiser/chopper rider. Still here after all these years! Still remember I was just starting out with my Shadow125 (from Issac) that time :lol:

Haha.. That was a looong tine ago bro.. Actually I like all kinds of bikes,but I guess my favs would be custom cruisers and classic Vespa

:cheeky:

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

I believe the 883R can hit 150 - 160km/hr when fully maxed out

It's a perfect bike for city riding, beats all the big twins anytime.

but forget it if you want to tour.

"Beat all the big twins anytime" ???

I think your either lucky or dreaming that this will never happen. Theres alot of big twin out there where their bike itself are real fast,but sometimes also depends on the rider. but as for the machine alone, unless you are having a super mob for drag race but riding on the road,then maybe you still stand a chance.

"Beat all the big twins anytime" ???

I think your either lucky or dreaming that this will never happen. Theres alot of big twin out there where their bike itself are real fast,but sometimes also depends on the rider. but as for the machine alone, unless you are having a super mob for drag race but riding on the road,then maybe you still stand a chance.

i think he meant for city riding, especially in tight traffic. big twins harder to maneuver.

My Rides:

guys and gals......thanks for all the help/guidance. I am now the proud owner of a Fatboy. It is in the workshop for some minor work. Should be on the road by Friday :-)....

gratz.......

My Rides: