SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

I have been a closet Harley fan for a long time but never gotten one until the XR1200 was produced. Finally a Harley that can stop and turn like a normal bike.

Its as heavy as a boat anchor though, and the suspension sucks big time, the engine heat roasts the inner thigh, the engine, though torquey runs out of breath quickly, and the top speed is only as fast as my scooter, but its a lot of fun to ride.

Rode it up Genting yesterday and met a couple of sportsbikes ridden by regular track day riders. Had a bit of fun with one of them.

Video here;

http://www.youtube.com/user/nikhuzlan#p/a/u/0/VCTBaLGRbag

Paiseh, dont know what you were trying to do in that video but your line is all over the place.

The sportsbike riders seem very organised riding as a group.

:cheeky:

I like the camera on bike thingy though

Edited by Throttle
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

Paiseh, dont know what you were trying to do in that video but your line is all over the place.

The sportsbike riders seem very organised riding as a group.

:cheeky:

I like the camera on bike thingy though

Trying to keep up with a 175kg 170hp sportsbike using a piece of sh@t that weighs 256kg and 80hp with crap suspension and sports Touring tyres.

You must try that someday. BTW, we all had a good laugh over coffee in 18 degree temperature when we reached Coffee Bean after that. You should try that too someday.

Trying to keep up with a 175kg 170hp sportsbike using a piece of sh@t that weighs 256kg and 80hp with crap suspension and sports Touring tyres.

You must try that someday. BTW, we all had a good laugh over coffee in 18 degree temperature when we reached Coffee Bean after that. You should try that too someday.

I understand what you mean

anyway the sportbikes werent going that fast lah and i wasnt talking about speed.

if you had follow their lines, the video would be nicer. Thats all.

YEs, i must try that someday. looks real fun.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

Hi, Guys,

I'm a fellow Harley Rider, am looking to sell my bike. Serious Buyers, pls sms/text to 96406196 for viewing in the east area.

Harley Davidson Softail Night Train for Sale

Super clean and superb condition Dark Custom Night Train

2004 Model

Low Mileage:19,000+

Accessories:

12in LA Choppers Apehangers on Drag Speciailties Risers

Custom Stretched Tank with airbrushed flames paintwork

Rear White Bros Lowering kit

Python 3 slip-on exhausts

Accessories not on the bike:-

Black Powdercoated Backrest

Drag Handlebar

Asking Price: S$23,500 (Negotiable)

Serious Buyers only, price is negotiable, pls sms/text to 96406196 for viewing in the east area.

Thanks for Viewing.

Hagar/Blackdawn

Just curious, when the belt snap, will it mess up other parts? I suppose it will be very dangerous when the belt snaps at high speed

You don't have to worry about the belt snapping off, 'cos you don't ride it often and I'm assuming you're riding as slow as I am. The belt may even outlast the COE of the bike, at the rate you're using it.

Carburetor 06 Fatboy hesitates, spits/coughs/farts (choose either one) when I move off from standstill or even when cruising. What gives? This happen 3~4 weeks ago on a night ride with Don. With high rev, the hesitation/spitting etc etc it seems to have cleared up for that night. The theory is that it may be due to water content in the fuel.

- 52 state pipes/high flow air filter

- just serviced by HD..rides OK after service

- just installed lockable HD fuel cap- could this be the culprit? Maybe not venting correctly and hence causing fuel not to flow correctly....

I only ride once/twice every 3 weeks- too much traveling...

Any other theory/possibilities? Search on AngMoh websites mostly say that it is too lean..

Well, I did ask Tony to lower the idling so that I can get that "potato" sound back. I'm not sure if it's compatible with your new pipes. Also there's a 5 pellet Broquet inside the fuel tank. The fuel consumption is better after putting it in (350km before reserve is the record). Not sure if it made the fuel too lean

For the spits/coughs/farts (all of the above), it happened a few years ago after not riding for over 30 days 'cos I was in HK and Japan. My story can be found here. To check if water got into the fuel tank, have to drain out the fuel filter. I last did it in Dec 2007 before my North Thailand trip and there wasn't much, that's what Zul (the previous chief mech) told me. The mileage was approx 22,000km at that time. The bike's mainly sheltered, so I can rule out that possibility.

Sorry for late reply. It's the time of the week that I log into the forum to check post.

the first page of the service package spelt out in black and sliver that it is valid for 2 years or 16000km, whichever comes first.

Is it? I'll check again when I go back to SG. I still have my 1st service package in the bookcase.

I have the progressive 412 heavy duty. So unless your heavy (100+kg) then stay with regular 412. Or better yet, try lowering blocks as a lot cheaper and still has the same ride. Unless you want a stiffer suspension, then go for the 11".

Where do you get Progressive 412 suspensions from? I'm looking for them to use on my Shadow Aero

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Where do you get Progressive 412 suspensions from? I'm looking for them to use on my Shadow Aero

Try JC motors, i've been looking around lately and found that their prices are the lowest - there's Apr Promotion.

http://www.jcmotors.com/c-1270-shocks.aspx?SectionFilterID=7

For 412, it averages US$230. JC Motor's is US$170.

I'm looking at 430..very cool springs. Maybe can do a groupbuy to reduce freight charges : )

Cheers

Hi all,

any harley meetup happenin anytime soon? its been so long since the last one.

Dear All, I'm very new to the forum, will be great to along too if any meet up.

Current ride 07 softail classic.

Ride safe..

Try JC motors, i've been looking around lately and found that their prices are the lowest - there's Apr Promotion.

http://www.jcmotors.com/c-1270-shocks.aspx?SectionFilterID=7

For 412, it averages US$230. JC Motor's is US$170.

I'm looking at 430..very cool springs. Maybe can do a groupbuy to reduce freight charges : )

Cheers

Am trying to figure out if the 430 is a much better shock than the 412. My 412 are already showing wear after 10k and ride like crap. At least will be in the states in Aug so can pick up a pair if my luggage weight allows it.

Am trying to figure out if the 430 is a much better shock than the 412. My 412 are already showing wear after 10k and ride like crap. At least will be in the states in Aug so can pick up a pair if my luggage weight allows it.

Check Progressive website, i think 440 is the best unless going for the top range. 412 & 812 with signal lights incorporated is damn cool but the price is kinda Ex.

Their new 940 brown colour looks damn cool!!

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/hd/index.html

430 supposedly is better than 412 but looks better.

Cheers

Check Progressive website, i think 440 is the best unless going for the top range. 412 & 812 with signal lights incorporated is damn cool but the price is kinda Ex.

Their new 940 brown colour looks damn cool!!

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/hd/index.html

430 supposedly is better than 412 but looks better.

Cheers

Am now leaning towards Ricors. Have read good reviews, but want to confirm it makes a nig improvement on a short shock.

Hi all,

any harley meetup happenin anytime soon? its been so long since the last one.

Dear All, I'm very new to the forum, will be great to along too if any meet up.

Current ride 07 softail classic.

Ride safe..

Hi guys,

New to the forum. Just got myself a dyna after riding a gsx for donkey years. Found out quite a lot from this thread and hope to ride with you guys soon.

cheers

yo guys, how about meet up this coming fri?:cheers:

(Daytona Bike week ) Biker Pilgrim

Past Ride

1977- BMX 安美达:.consider not?

Hi Guys, do you know which shop specializes in selling used Harleys?

Kindly pm me details of shop.

Thanks in advance.

cbx125(fj6007),tzr125(fh4485),kdx200(fj3442),fw400(fg8247),nx650(fj6364),dt200(can'tremember),rxk125(can't recall),nx250(f?7724, i think),kdx200(forgotten),skipper125(fl4129),mito125(fl2551),kdx200(fk83),px150(memory failing),zr400(fl1234b),wave125(fl1234b),px200e(fr8571a)...now bicycle(fu 1 x) :cry:

christine's Harley for Sale thread... :)

Hi Guys, do you know which shop specializes in selling used Harleys?

Kindly pm me details of shop.

Thanks in advance.

2008 Night Rod Special, 1993 Ducati 900SS, 2011 Ducati Diavel Dark Knight

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/files/2/5/9/7/0/_147621.jpg

Ok for me....time and meet up place...thanks

Am riding up to KL on Fri morning to meet wifey and back on Sun. Anyone interested in going up?

If not this w/e, next Sat or Sun, should do the wings ride to Sunshine Grill.

Don

Welcome - which Dyna?

I am currently riding a '10 Fat Bob....sure hell feel comfortable on it though takes a bit of getting used to after riding a sportsbike for so long....

Currently all stock except for the sissy bar.

I should be ok but have to be rather late ie after 10. Do PM me place and time...

Hi, welcome:cheeky: Is yours the blackout Fatbob launched this Jan 10?

cheers