SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

so this year chingay have harley anot?

or is the TP all waiting at the line to catch all of them ?

No .. this year only got pink Finos running around quietly .. you won't even notice when they pass you ..

What a fking boring country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c26492.jpg

Watever it is... If there is a need for Harleys... There will still be people who will support. Yes the majority of us won't, but there will be some will. They should stop.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301627_10150300464615267_702800266_8095265_1305808511_n.jpg

Watever it is... If there is a need for Harleys... There will still be people who will support. Yes the majority of us won't, but there will be some will. They should stop.

One of these days let's go to Handlebar Jamez. I've known you since my Shadow 125 and your Virago days, but never met you before :) I'll ride my Iron there :)

c26492.jpg

One of these days let's go to Handlebar Jamez. I've known you since my Shadow 125 and your Virago days, but never met you before :) I'll ride my Iron there :)
sure thing yohji. If u never mention it, I didn't realize we tcss for so long here already! Looking forward to it! We have come a long way since those days! Edited by jamez
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301627_10150300464615267_702800266_8095265_1305808511_n.jpg

Over this LTA thingy, what I feel is the effort was intensified after GE. I still remember back in 2010, I rode pass a LTA and guess what he didn't even want to stop me.

Just now I was talking to a couple of friends over this, how LTA define illegal mod or not factory fitted. Illegal mod is understandable, it can be chopping off the frame to a hardtail, upsize your wheels and etc. Factory fitted super grey area, the question is who don't buy aftermarket parts? Buying a aftermarket exhaust meant for your bike model, its considered illegal, which after 8 years of riding i still don't get it. My friend even commented, some "approved" exhaust is even louder.

End of the day, its all about money. Make life easier, I hope LTA just skip all the stupid reasons and just make it plain simple. If you want to change your exhaust and as long as you passed the db test on whatever exhaust you have...take a picture of the exhaust and pay a fee for it. I will be the first to do it.

Even if tourer is approved it starts from 06 roadking and mine is a 05 carb model..how the hell i get my exhaust approved like that..??

2003-2004: Yamaha WR200

2004-2006: Honda XR400RY

2006-2006: Honda Super4 Spec3

2006-2010: Honda CBR600RR'06

2010-2011: Harley Davidson Sportster 883

2011-2012: Harley Davidson RoadKing

2013-2015: Honda X11

2015-????: Harley Davidson Rushmore Street Glide

Over this LTA thingy, what I feel is the effort was intensified after GE. I still remember back in 2010, I rode pass a LTA and guess what he didn't even want to stop me.

Just now I was talking to a couple of friends over this, how LTA define illegal mod or not factory fitted. Illegal mod is understandable, it can be chopping off the frame to a hardtail, upsize your wheels and etc. Factory fitted super grey area, the question is who don't buy aftermarket parts? Buying a aftermarket exhaust meant for your bike model, its considered illegal, which after 8 years of riding i still don't get it. My friend even commented, some "approved" exhaust is even louder.

End of the day, its all about money. Make life easier, I hope LTA just skip all the stupid reasons and just make it plain simple. If you want to change your exhaust and as long as you passed the db test on whatever exhaust you have...take a picture of the exhaust and pay a fee for it. I will be the first to do it.

Even if tourer is approved it starts from 06 roadking and mine is a 05 carb model..how the hell i get my exhaust approved like that..??

Well, it is almost impossible for you to get aftermarket exhaust approved on your own, unless you are willing to spend some money and hope for a-bit of luck. Instead of asking for samples from exhaust manufacturers, which is what a dealer would usually do, I guess you have to buy the freaking exhaust yourself and fix it on your own bike for testing. I think stuff like certificates on decibel/emission test is easy to get. Just check out which lab is LTA recognized and send bike with exhaust there. What's difficult is the drawing of the exhaust and possibly the Jap/EC cert from the manufacturer. Manufacturer might not entertain if you are not it's dealer or distributor. So if dealer or distributor don;t wanna do it for watever r5easons, suck thumb.

It's a whole lot easier if someone else, a dealer, distributor or consumer has already submitted for testing and LTA approved. Just fix and go through test take picture. But, the 'first of it's kind' is the toughest test to go through.

In order to keep Singapore clean, quiet and smog free, it is necessary to enforce with zero tolerance on small lil lifestyle motorcycles registered in Singapore. If such enforcement is not done, imagine what would happen when the noise couples with the noise from the lorries, the cement mixers, Malaysian motorcycles, 2-strokers, freaking 10 wheelers, that construction site across the street, low flying planes, fireworks on special occasions, MRT trains moving on open tracks, F1 cars, flock of birds screaming incessantly when they fly past in the evenings, loud music from clubs during the weekends etc etc etc. Yup, HIS/HER precious baby WILL BE AWAKEN AND THE SKY WILL FALL UPON US! (Never let the baby feel the heat as well, it's dangerous. We can teach the kid about the dangers of heat in a book, later on in his life when someone says he's ready for it) How cruel and selfish we have been!

I dont own a harley but I have encountered this too few years back....even if ur willing to burn the 20 odd k on testing and approval... U cant do it in singapore.. The nearest test centre is in kl at proton plant....now whether they are willing to test it for you is a seperate thing altogether... There are of coz other alternatives on this...

But I thought harley owners had a way of 'legalising' yr loud pipes thru certain channels? Not sure on this tho'

P

I dont own a harley but I have encountered this too few years back....even if ur willing to burn the 20 odd k on testing and approval... U cant do it in singapore.. The nearest test centre is in kl at proton plant....now whether they are willing to test it for you is a seperate thing altogether... There are of coz other alternatives on this...

But I thought harley owners had a way of 'legalising' yr loud pipes thru certain channels? Not sure on this tho'

no such channels mate. Not that I know of.

the nearest TUV center is in HK..

in-house test lab may not get approved.

and that's the best part.. LTA keep on emphasising on standard standard standards.. but LTA doesn't have a test lab of its own. and how they determine whether it pass anot..

by papers lo.. typical paper-pushers.. :sian:

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

Off topic for a while.

After 2.5 years, my Iron is finally hitting the 10, 000km mark. Which is a good place to go for oil change and stuff? :)

go sunburst lah. If u wanna go let me know n I'll see u there

the nearest TUV center is in HK..

in-house test lab may not get approved.

and that's the best part.. LTA keep on emphasising on standard standard standards.. but LTA doesn't have a test lab of its own. and how they determine whether it pass anot..

by papers lo.. typical paper-pushers.. :sian:

n push the blame onto the dealers. It's the responsibility of the dealers they always say. Like as if they don't have any responsibilities at all. Everyone else's responsibility. They just need to approve/not approve n enforce. Easier that way??? Lazy is what I say. From top to bottom.

n push the blame onto the dealers. It's the responsibility of the dealers they always say. Like as if they don't have any responsibilities at all. Everyone else's responsibility. They just need to approve/not approve n enforce. Easier that way??? Lazy is what I say. From top to bottom.

they should simply abolish registration with LTA.

just do it the simple way, got cert from manufacturer stating that it's approved for road use(e-marked) is good enough. afterall, all vehicles upon 3rd year of registration on the roads have to go for annual inspections.

non-compliance = fine.

if got cert still not considered LEGAL, really can take the certification and throw at their face.

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

Gather the media stage a protest and ride thru LTA HQ....but need in number which real number in the hundreds or better 1k >...it will be fun....and exciting as well....

FC88K:cheeky:

Present Stable :

Honda Stream 08'

99' Heritage Springer Fusion Stock..

02' FXWDG3...Dyna Wide Glide CVO...only 600 blue and 600 black in the world

Hand made by Harley and only 2 or possibly 3 unit in Sin City....

Gather the media stage a protest and ride thru LTA HQ....but need in number which is real number in the hundreds or better 1k >...it will be fun....and exciting as well....Make the law maker knows that bikers are not happy with the things its been going on....Not Just Harley and bike and make....what say you.

FC88K:cheeky:

Present Stable :

Honda Stream 08'

99' Heritage Springer Fusion Stock..

02' FXWDG3...Dyna Wide Glide CVO...only 600 blue and 600 black in the world

Hand made by Harley and only 2 or possibly 3 unit in Sin City....

Gather the media stage a protest and ride thru LTA HQ....but need in number which is real number in the hundreds or better 1k >...it will be fun....and exciting as well....Make the law maker knows that bikers are not happy with the things its been going on....Not Just Harley and bike and make....what say you.
cannot protest lah. Not legal in Singapore so don't do it. It'll b fun no doubt but the trouble will not be worth it an we will still b at the losing end...

I say we stop typing and start riding!

Anyone knows where could I get ceramic coating for my exos and also any recommendation of shops who does powdercoating? One more thing, any riding goggles available in town that could do prescription?(Only swimming goggles have degree??)

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww126/limgenesis/photo78.jpg[/img]

I've got a better idea for your exos, which I did on mine. Powdercoating and won't last very long cuz the exos is very very hot. What I did is I sandblasted the chrome off, use high temp spray (easily available in most DIY shop) and black out the exos. Looks like ceramic coating, last longer on the hot exos, and even if it becomes dull later on, touching up is just a $10 diy job. :thumb:

Anyone knows where could I get ceramic coating for my exos and also any recommendation of shops who does powdercoating? One more thing, any riding goggles available in town that could do prescription?(Only swimming goggles have degree??)

I've got a better idea for your exos, which I did on mine. Powdercoating and won't last very long cuz the exos is very very hot. What I did is I sandblasted the chrome off, use high temp spray (easily available in most DIY shop) and black out the exos. Looks like ceramic coating, last longer on the hot exos, and even if it becomes dull later on, touching up is just a $10 diy job. :thumb:

Agree, sandblast with high temp can spray...

Past: TA150,XVS400,ST1100,TW200,YP250,XL883R,RXK125,FUOCO500IE,R1200C,TW200,FLSTF,XL883L,KLE650B

Present: R1200GS,DRZ400SM,FLTR[RoadGlide]

Is this considered illegal too? They will say we temper with stock ... WTH ....

c26492.jpg

Maybe? I won't be surprise if they considered that as illegal mod because I sandblasted the exos, thus weakening the structural integrity of the metal and under hard acceleration, it might break down and fall off the bike and hit some other road user. The non-OEM paint on the exos might also emit poisonous gas when the exos is too hot and cause harm to other road users when inhaled. :thumb:

Is this considered illegal too? They will say we temper with stock ... WTH ....

Not to mentioned that the additional heat absorbed by the black paint might increase the overall operating temperature of your genuine Harley Davidson motorcycle n thus the material inside your exhaust will expand n more gas will go through so emission is screwed.

Maybe? I won't be surprise if they considered that as illegal mod because I sandblasted the exos, thus weakening the structural integrity of the metal and under hard acceleration, it might break down and fall off the bike and hit some other road user. The non-OEM paint on the exos might also emit poisonous gas when the exos is too hot and cause harm to other road users when inhaled. :thumb:

:lol:

Not to mentioned that the additional heat absorbed by the black paint might increase the overall operating temperature of your genuine Harley Davidson motorcycle n thus the material inside your exhaust will expand n more gas will go through so emission is screwed.

:lol:

c26492.jpg