SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

Hi bros and sis any place where I can get a best quality paint job for my whole Harley? Please advice everyone, thanks in advance :)

Wow that's a hard one. You mean locally or you simply just want the best quality without regard for costs involved? Best quality is from factory man...that paint is no joke. If I can afford it, I would send parts back to the factory and have em paint something up. But I can't...so.....

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301627_10150300464615267_702800266_8095265_1305808511_n.jpg

I think it's 99db or 100db. But that's the thing, even though emissions n sound is within legal limits... It's still a hefty fine of 500 bucks if the pipes were not registered n officially approved. What gives?

that's the wonderful thing about LTA.. a particular exhaust can be EU certified, but not legal in Singapore context unless you are able to produce proprietary documents to them for endorsement.

EU > DOT > LTA/PSB..

it's just like the helmet issues on the PSB stickers.. DOT/Snell approved, but not PSB approved = not legal helmet. :sian:

singapore bureaucracy is the most fantastic, seriously they need to wake up their dumb ideas especially when all they are seeing are a piece of result slips and figures on it.

if they have any reasons to reject and deem it illegal, set up a TUV-approved test center to conduct testings..

and all the bloody 2-strokers will fail the test immediately. ARGH~~~

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

that's the wonderful thing about LTA.. a particular exhaust can be EU certified, but not legal in Singapore context unless you are able to produce proprietary documents to them for endorsement.

EU > DOT > LTA/PSB..

it's just like the helmet issues on the PSB stickers.. DOT/Snell approved, but not PSB approved = not legal helmet. :sian:

singapore bureaucracy is the most fantastic, seriously they need to wake up their dumb ideas especially when all they are seeing are a piece of result slips and figures on it.

if they have any reasons to reject and deem it illegal, set up a TUV-approved test center to conduct testings..

and all the bloody 2-strokers will fail the test immediately. ARGH~~~

exactly. N such a move is counter productive because since the fine is the same... People will generally go for the super loud striaght through pipes because the fine is the same. Instead of rewarding self moderation when people choose 'street legal' options, they penalize u all the same because they do not have any information to make a sound decision n the onus of providing that information falls on the rider... Who does not have any form of commercial support btw. it's so wrong
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301627_10150300464615267_702800266_8095265_1305808511_n.jpg

I think it's 99db or 100db. But that's the thing, even though emissions n sound is within legal limits... It's still a hefty fine of 500 bucks if the pipes were not registered n officially approved. What gives?

Looks like they have the upperhand w a double-edged sword - Stock pipe but loud = fine. Soft but aftermarket pipe = fine. Then what's the point of allowing import of such stuff where it can only be bought, not used...

Reply to why led lights are not allowed: Singapore is well lit n has longer daytime hours unlike Europe where daylight hours are shorter n not well lit. Vehicles fitted with stock led also has safety mechanism to ensure it is not overly bright.

So remember when u buy cars in Singapore, u can only drive in Singapore safely ok? Go to Malaysia and drive and u r on ur own. It doesn't matter whether u r safe in malaysia anot... As lOng as u r legal in Singapore. What a lOad of crap

Looks like they have the upperhand w a double-edged sword - Stock pipe but loud = fine. Soft but aftermarket pipe = fine. Then what's the point of allowing import of such stuff where it can only be bought, not used...

thats why.... sillypore under those silly people now fighting so hard for their super ridiculous high salary .... money is all they want.... fine... fine... fine... right or wrong.... thats why they die die want to fight for high salary so as to attract more talent to impose more fine.

the only thing to make sure our complaints and statements are heard is to make sure the Pappy party cry on 2016 election. So disgusted when i saw this 'Tack You' fellow speaking in the parliment on ERP $$$ collection that it is a must to ensure no trafic conjestion in sillypore....loads of crap again

Edited by andyncc

thats why.... sillypore under those silly people now fighting so hard for their super ridiculous high salary .... money is all they want.... fine... fine... fine... right or wrong.... thats why they die die want to fight for high salary so as to attract more talent to impose more fine.

No prizes for guessing where their pay come pay. Maybe we should have FTs in there, more talent & cheaper, as they always preached.

Jamez,maybe you would cOnsider drawing smurfs on your tank too now that you can be known as "silent blue fellow"!!ha ha
omg u r saying the same thing as my humorous colleagues. Haha

the only thing to make sure our complaints and statements are heard is to make sure the Pappy party cry on 2016 election. So disgusted when i saw this 'Tack You' fellow speaking in the parliment on ERP $$$ collection that it is a must to ensure no trafic conjestion in sillypore....loads of crap again

Andy, sad to say.....that Pappy ***** party will still win the 2016 'something' even after that in future!!!......BECAUSE there alot of 'carry lampa' = carry balls around in Singapore!!!

Some peoples always cursed and sweared at them but quietly vote for them behind..something you may not know,...but i've seen it on the spot!!!

OPPS I DID IT AGAIN.......did i say anything .....nothing what!!!! hehehehe hahahhaha ehehehehhe

There is no Copy Right when spreading a Word on safety. :thumb: :thumb:

Hey Guys! Howdy!

I was cleaning my bike and chanced upon it. The legal decibel is actually printed along side ur frame serial number (right side of the frame, behind the fork for my sportster). It says 96db on mine.

Does it vary from bike to bike? Can u guys check ur's out?

Was at Harley earlier on, popped in to shield from the rain. The sales guys told me that apparently Akrapovic for sporters are in the process of getting approved.

From what i understood, the baffle or DB-Killer is located at the rear end of the muffler and creates the opportunity of getting removed. Hence, they are in the process of reviewing it and working out a solution.

Like James, im slowly warming up to it. So i can ride with peace. It sounds rather weak tho.

Weak Version;

Preferred Version;

Was at Harley earlier on, popped in to shield from the rain. The sales guys told me that apparently Akrapovic for sporters are in the process of getting approved.

From what i understood, the baffle or DB-Killer is located at the rear end of the muffler and creates the opportunity of getting removed. Hence, they are in the process of reviewing it and working out a solution.

Like James, im slowly warming up to it. So i can ride with peace. It sounds rather weak tho.

Weak Version;

Preferred Version;