SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by CMYRS@Nov 7 2006, 12:22 AM

Tks, have u personally tried any brands other the originals?

Any good reviews?

Goldfren grip like hell & u wear it off oso very fast.. bt its cheap so it okay.. U wldnt want to see your brake pads after a year rite? Cos frequent check ups is good..:sweat: Not till the last minute.. Well dts jz my opinion, u might hav urs.. i m using EBC brakes now.. Ok so far..

Originally posted by despairmonster900@Nov 7 2006, 11:33 AM

Goldfren grip like hell & u wear it off oso very fast.. bt its cheap so it okay.. U wldnt want to see your brake pads after a year rite? Cos frequent check ups is good..:sweat: Not till the last minute.. Well dts jz my opinion, u might hav urs.. i m using EBC brakes now.. Ok so far..

$20 for EBC sounds decent.

Which model did you get?

There are EBC green stuff, Black stuff, Red stuff...........

Does it have produce alot of brake dust?

Wear on the brake discs itself?

I ready somewhere, that a bunch of Haya riders did a MO for EBC and all of them

had to have the discs replaced not too long after, believe the EBC was so gd, it wore out the discs and it has started to warp due to the high temperatures.

Most people go through life following the crowd.

Others think for themselves.

They go their own way.

Originally posted by tabako@Nov 7 2006, 12:03 PM

Just changed my tyres BT014 from HKL.

wa lau, its 03 manufactured one still never give me discount. But i got no chocie le, slippery like hell and they only got one tyre that is my size..

why ducati use weird weird 170/60 17"?????????

That's what makes Dukes special lor.... :smile:

I'm due to change mine too... still scouting! How much u got for yours? both front and back?

Hi guys, :sorry: abt this yar....

My friend clearing his warehouse .... :cry:

And he really wanna let the Paddocks go...

SO he letting them go at S$ 130.00 each set.

Please call him @ 9628 7970.

Urgent sale.... selling at cost price....

The black thingy at the swing arm is the paddock....

P.S. This is practical models coz it can be dismantled and is folable. So bring to track is very good.... i have a set, uses it to remove rear tyre for change or even do maintainence..... so recommend to all too... :cheer:

:cheers:

Would HONDA use LED in their signal lights after Spec III?????

Originally posted by Jade@Nov 7 2006, 10:02 PM

That's what makes Dukes special lor.... :smile:

I'm due to change mine too... still scouting! How much u got for yours? both front and back?

$320 but got no more size le, u have to call hkl and get them to order the size for u. Its Bridgestone BT014. Got a free bridgestone bag (have to ask for it) and a tyre repair kit.

Originally posted by CMYRS@Nov 7 2006, 03:15 PM

$20 for EBC sounds decent.

Which model did you get?

There are EBC green stuff, Black stuff, Red stuff...........

Does it have produce alot of brake dust?

Wear on the brake discs itself?

I ready somewhere, that a bunch of Haya riders did a MO for EBC and all of them

had to have the discs replaced not too long after, believe the EBC was so gd, it wore out the discs and it has started to warp due to the high temperatures.

Yo Dude..

EBC don cost $20 buxs, its goldfren.. Btw i don know wt brakepads i m using for my front (forgot to ask Mike) but i m pretty sure that it produces a whole lotss of brake dust!!!! Suxs man.. Hav to clean my front rims e'tyme b4 i ride off.. Suxss!!!

As for gold fren, it don produce much brake dust.. Bt i suggest u try it cos then u feel the diff.. anyway.. Cheers Trying.. Then put up ur reviews...

Anyways, been riding the BT014 for 2 days now. Here is what I think:

Definitely stickier then 020. But then my 020 rubber is old and hardened so I do not think its a fair comparison.

Road debris stick to the tyres even in the rain. I did not dare to go fast or corner hard yet, as its still new, have not fully run in yet. I can feel the back slip even when I turn into the filter lane into PIE today, the road was a bit wet.

This tyre is much softer than 020, so it will wear out faster. Shock absorption is good too, I usually can feel my old tyres bounce abit when I go through humps, but this set of tyres really stay firm after the hump, much more comfortable ride.

I do think its really value for money as its one of the cheapest tyres around and its performance is really not too bad.

Got a RED anodized handlebar with red alloy bar ends imported from RED Racingparts Italy. Original Monster dimensions. Selling for $80. Call 97584037

Tabako: i rode an M900 for 4 years.

from experience i would first check the emulsion tubes in the carb. they usually start wearing after 5K Km. replace to factory pro emulsion tubes if u can.

it could also just be the natural M900 chain snatching at small throttle openings. try 15F n 43R sprockets if i remember correctly for less snatching

check airbox nozzles for flow and turbulence on induction intake also

Commuting & Sillyness - '00 Suzuki DRZ4000S

Grins & Giggles - '02 KTM 200exc

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2410/2405298648_6af6209755.jpg?v=0

Baja Cali '07

170/60?

I used 120/60 and 160/60 for front and rear tyres respectively. No problems with handling, with grinded brake and gear levers as unfortunate results :D

there is 1 at excel motors look for lawrence...

btw the new the buyer for my m4 is an ex monster here too....anyone wana guess or u can juz wait for him to roar here soon...hehe!

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE...

2004 Honda Varadero XL125 ride to tour

2005 Ducati Monster 400 for track use :p

2006 white r3 spec gen2 manual gear for pimping hehehe!

2008 THE new silver subaru impreza hatch NOT road legal & manual gear for drifting!

2010 white fd2 honda civic 2.0 si & still manual gear for family use so whats next baby?

Hi Van Jamier,

The one I saw at Excel was yellow, dunno if it is the same one. If it is, I guess it was quite a well maintained bike and you can always go back to excel if there are any problems. But you are paying a premium for that peace of mind.

I was lucky to find a relatively unused M400 couple months ago, and so far no problems with it.

I don't know if there is another m400 still available at Looi's. Sorry but my information is a couple months old though.

my silver ducati monster has been sold today to an ex monster rider frm sbf today, so heartwrenching break up wif my italiano...... :cry: :weep:

Van Jamier

wat kinda pointers u need? hehe!

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE...

2004 Honda Varadero XL125 ride to tour

2005 Ducati Monster 400 for track use :p

2006 white r3 spec gen2 manual gear for pimping hehehe!

2008 THE new silver subaru impreza hatch NOT road legal & manual gear for drifting!

2010 white fd2 honda civic 2.0 si & still manual gear for family use so whats next baby?