SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

Thanks for correcting me.do u guys warm up the bike 1st before going or just immediately go? btw think saw thenation's bike at Regina..

Best is 3 to 5 min warmup. Older dukes longer till you get a nice steady rumble..

Dreamed I was a muffler. Woke up exhausted.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every 6 k, oil change, check plug check oil filter - $120 - $150

Every 12 k, the above, plus change plug, change oil filter, wash air filter(for K&N), if not change paper filter, check belt, should cost plus minus $300 total

Every 24 k all the above plus valve adjustment, some tuning(recommended) around $450 - $600 depend on what needs done.

BLING - priceless.. some of us are out of house and home because of bling. Bling is evil but necessary.:)

tqvm for the info..

how about these wear & tear items: timing belt (bearing/tensioner?), tires, chain+sprockets, wheel bearings, steering cone, fork oil, brake disk/pad, brake/clutch fluid, clutch plate, fuel filter etc..

tq tq

Edited by KampungBoy

Attendance for this Saturday's lunch ride into Melaka.

1) singhla

2) dOdObird

3) quiksilver

4) h@nn

5) randy & dinie

6)

7)

8)

haha wth?!

Ya I self-skidded on the Vespa! Just got discharged with stitches. Sorry guys wanted to go.

Should be able to make it the NEXT trip already!

oooo sorry to hear that. Get well soon dude!

Thanks for correcting me.do u guys warm up the bike 1st before going or just immediately go? btw think saw thenation's bike at Regina..
you saw the bike only??? Where could he have gone?
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7100/vfrsiggy.jpg

tqvm for the info..

how about these wear & tear items: timing belt (bearing/tensioner?), tires, chain+sprockets, wheel bearings, steering cone, fork oil, brake disk/pad, brake/clutch fluid, clutch plate, fuel filter etc..

tq tq

About $9.95 per kilo... Dood to find out all these prices call a reputable mechanic aka mike at 91169116 or Raymond at 96824277. Then you gotta ask what brand etc etc. For stock parts call Minerva and ask for Ismail.

you saw the bike only??? Where could he have gone?

probably go makan.walk over to ah boy didnt see him..

Regarding this sat,I'll be sllightly late.I finish work ard 0730..so please wait for me yah!

Edited by quikslvr

Oct 2002 - PPL

19 Sept 2005 - 2B

18 Sept 2007 - 2A

20 July 2010 - 2

Oct 2005 - present: Aprilia RS 125

Oct 16 2010 - Feb 2011: Honda CBR 600 RR

Apr 08 2011: Ducati Monster 620

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs099.snc3/16635_162719989997_751319997_2733440_6167145_n.jpg

Thanks.i need to save this.The 6k service,just check only also kena $120-150? Joe from minerva said every 10k adjust valve.so its safe to do it at 24k??

Checking valves is 10k changing shims is 20k. This is a standard. Doing any less will result in ur bike scolding u. It'll be nobodies fault your own if she decides to stop moving.

tqvm for the info..

tq tq

Not that no 1 wants to answer u anymore but i strongly advise u to not be lazy and read thru the whole thread. All ur qns will be answered.

probably go makan.walk over to ah boy didnt see him..

Regarding this sat,I'll be sllightly late.I finish work ard 0730..so please wait for me yah!

I haven't been to Regina for a couple of months now!

tqvm for the info..

tq tq

How to answer you? Just change wear and tear items when they are worn out. Every bike has its own quirks and parts don't wear at the same rate.

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s351/thenation_bucket/whowatches.jpg

i'm really considering to sell my Jul 2005 Monster S2R (with bidded number) for the same reason that i sold all my other bikes.

ie. i've little time to ride.

however this just means that i'll just be looking out for another bike to buy to fill the void should i really sell it.

but it doesnt matter as well if i dont sell it

any keen buyers should make a bid and the deal could be close quicker than expected.

bike is guaranteed to be in tip top condition mileage 8000km.

and i have to say that i personally havent seen a cleaner nicer looking example of the S2R , hehe.

PM your bids. quick easy transaction by full cash only. so not interested to be involved in any loan process etc... sorry.

thank you

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

Ya thanks man. Haven't been riding for a week already! Had stitches on my right shin and my right shoulder tendon is bruised. Guess what guys, I fell at Thompson with you all last year 15 April 2010 and this year 8 April 2011. Guess I should watch out for April 2012!

Ya thanks man. Haven't been riding for a week already! Had stitches on my right shin and my right shoulder tendon is bruised. Guess what guys, I fell at Thompson with you all last year 15 April 2010 and this year 8 April 2011. Guess I should watch out for April 2012!

Bro, ride safely. Still young and whole life ahead of u 8-)

:cool:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jsDmFPg_Qm8/TKHV3JmJX_I/AAAAAAAABQc/l3AA9IAbbtI/s1600/Scan_01_Biker%2520Mice%2520from%2520Mars_8x10_RGB_BG_TX%2520copy.gif

anybody can recommend me good tyres for my monster 400? important is grip both in dry and wet.. thanks!! :D

If by good tyres you mean performance and safety, I suggest bridgestone 016 or 021, or pirelli angel st or diablo corsa(my fav). Cheers.

Mike the Mechanic will be away on an overseas sabbatical from this Thursday 21 Apr to Mon 25 Apr. He wont be around today 18 Apr to settle urgent personal matters as well. Cheers.

Thanks. Need to really watch out from now on.

Anyway, let's have a meetup 14th May! Exams and competition over for me already, new bike in. Let's feast!

We saw u today at Tong Aik. You rode on pavement w/o helmet!!!! Dodo was shouting out for u......

:cool:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jsDmFPg_Qm8/TKHV3JmJX_I/AAAAAAAABQc/l3AA9IAbbtI/s1600/Scan_01_Biker%2520Mice%2520from%2520Mars_8x10_RGB_BG_TX%2520copy.gif

Thanks. Need to really watch out from now on.

Anyway, let's have a meetup 14th May! Exams and competition over for me already, new bike in. Let's feast!

Lol yeah samy curry on you:p

We saw u today at Tong Aik. You rode on pavement w/o helmet!!!! Dodo was shouting out for u......

Ya I was there! Went to collect my Vespa and forgot I left my helmet in the shop. Didn't know you guys were there, could have joined you guys for a drink!

Lol yeah samy curry on you:p

If I win first I treat dinner for everyone!!

Adam Road Food Centre Makan tonight.

Seven-thirty pee-emm.

See you there!

Allrite.goin in jb for petrol now.see u guys later!

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Oct 2002 - PPL

19 Sept 2005 - 2B

18 Sept 2007 - 2A

20 July 2010 - 2

Oct 2005 - present: Aprilia RS 125

Oct 16 2010 - Feb 2011: Honda CBR 600 RR

Apr 08 2011: Ducati Monster 620

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs099.snc3/16635_162719989997_751319997_2733440_6167145_n.jpg