SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

saw a m400 (yellow) at looi's.. (FQ plate)

it seems like it's been there for quite a while..

got a vague impression tat i've seen if b4 when i went there the last time (6 months ago since i last been there). anyone started the bike b4?

how was it?

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11337/tri_daytona675.jpg

counting down again to the final class of license..

riding.. freedom.. it comes together..

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro Dero,

As long as you get your bike working then I think it is worth it lah. It's sad to know that the mechanic told you "Why you buy a fking Ducati?". It's like you joined a company that you always wanted to get in and on the first day, a senior staff say to you "Why the fk you join this company?". Someone who isn't proud of what he do won't do his job well. Now I think twice about sending the bike in to them. BTW you mean the whole speedo meter is only $80? I bought the speedo drive which already cost $87.

rehdeer,

It's quite common for a Monster's rear brake to be like that. I think mine is a little better because the ex-woner changed the hose to a braided one. I guess it helps abit? Anyway I still use the rear brake together with the front. It can help slow the bike down quite abit. Also can help clean off dust or rust from the brake disc.

As for the models, let's see who wants to go then just send each other a PM loh? The models won't run out of stock right? Not like those very limited kind right? If very limited I think I got to go fast to grab them.

BTW everyone, ever considered fixing a GOOD bike alarm?? I'm thinking of fixing one. Any recommendation?? I wonder if it will add more untidy wires to the bike. Hope not.

c26492.jpg

Originally posted by rehdeer@Jan 1 2006, 01:21 AM

Is it normal for a Monster's rear brake to be "retarted"? The rear brake on mine is ineffective, got to step all the way down, then got a little effect, and at the same time it produces a very high pitch screeching sound which is kinda annoying.

Mines exactly the same, especially when I'm in an underground carpark, the screeching is quite unbearable. Anyway I'm going servicing soon, see what mech says.

Anyway the front brake is darn effective, twice on Friday I had to jam brake, really jam it hard. Almost thought I was in for a crash, but it stopped or slowed me down very effectively. :sweat:

Honda Phantom TA200: Sep 04 - Dec 05

Ducati Monster M400: Dec 05 - Feb 07

Honda Silverwing FJS400D: Feb 07 - Jan 09

Honda Shadow 400: Nov 10 - Dec 11

Aprilia SR Max 300ie: Jul 12 - Mar 15

I think 014s are very good street tyres. Warms up very quick, grips well in the rain, consistant feel. Around $280 for 110/160s, $340 for 120/180s.

Great on the track too, I think its hard to exceed the tyre's limits on the track unless you're really ham fisted.

Originally posted by nE0@Dec 30 2005, 03:43 PM

What sprockets did you change to?

Actually when I first got my bike the sprocket is 15/46. Then I feel that it is too rough at 120 then i changed to 14/39. As sizes from 41-44 is very difficult to find. Then recently Micheal managed to find one 43 for me and that is what I am using now lor. Hope after changing the jet will be better. Hehe.

As for the rear brake, actually mine do not feel retard. I using steel braided hose and EBC brake pad. :smile:

rehdeer

minerva said my rear brake was clogged dats y its very retarded....hehehe!

btw da front brake is a killer...hehehe!

neo

for a ducati svc dats part of da $ i am willing to fork out for a ducati performance....hehehe! bt next time elsewhere.... :cheeky:

btw i am still learning & enjoy tis italian babe...

yohji

mines is meter reader hub bt he said in 2 weeks time, bt yours is which part of da speedo? hehehehe!

espido1001

wah $400 budget for tires.....isk isk get a pirelli diablo corsa or dragon....super grip...hehehe!

or michilin pilot sumting :p

will56

can ya rear tire jam brake & lock?

:confused:

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE...

2004 Honda Varadero XL125 ride to tour

2005 Ducati Monster 400 for track use :p

2006 white r3 spec gen2 manual gear for pimping hehehe!

2008 THE new silver subaru impreza hatch NOT road legal & manual gear for drifting!

2010 white fd2 honda civic 2.0 si & still manual gear for family use so whats next baby?

Pro Dero,

Mine is the speedo drive. It is the thing that sits near the front wheel's hub. It turns the speedo cable which turns the speedo meter and gives you the reading. I don't think the whole speedo meter (the thing with the red needle running up and down showing you the speed) cost only $80??

c26492.jpg

Originally posted by Sols@Jan 1 2006, 10:41 PM

michellin pilot sport vs pilot power vs pilot power race... which would you guys get?

Pilot powers :thumb:

I might be getting that for my bike.

oh neo/yohji thks for all the input..sorry very toot abt tire stuff...

hmm 400 alot for tires ? of coz if can get cheaper ones y not...i don't track anyway(diablo corsa etc i'm sure i'll be just wasting my money)... sorry i'm not very informed of tire prices... a pair of street tires for my mito used to cost abt 300+ alrd.. so i arga arga tot maybe 400 budget should be ok? aniway i'll go check out 014's prices...i heard this tire model being mentioned so many times..heh thks !

yohji: my rear tire locks quite easily actualli... just need appply a little more effort than usual..if the rd is wet lagi worse..

rehdeer: congrats on yr new monster ! every since neo sold his monster so many more monster owners coming online. heh heh coool :cheer:

just washed the bike and lubricated the chain, now the bike cannot start http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/21.gif

think the bike hasn't been ridden a long time, battery is weak, and now totally flat... cannot start at all, how?

http://home2.pacific.net.sg/~hwee_li/avatar/vespa.gif

Originally posted by rehdeer@Jan 2 2006, 01:17 PM

just washed the bike and lubricated the chain, now the bike cannot start http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/21.gif

think the bike hasn't been ridden a long time, battery is weak, and now totally flat... cannot start at all, how?

I can lend you my battery charger, just charge it overnight.

If its the wet type of battery, then maybe try topping up the battery water.

If its the wet type anyway, chances are its never been changed before, so do invest on a new battery.

Originally posted by espido1001@Jan 2 2006, 11:43 AM

oh neo/yohji thks for all the input..sorry very toot abt tire stuff...

hmm 400 alot for tires ? of coz if can get cheaper ones y not...i don't track anyway(diablo corsa etc i'm sure i'll be just wasting my money)... sorry i'm not very informed of tire prices... a pair of street tires for my mito used to cost abt 300+ alrd.. so i arga arga tot maybe 400 budget should be ok? aniway i'll go check out 014's prices...i heard this tire model being mentioned so many times..heh thks !

yohji: my rear tire locks quite easily actualli... just need appply a little more effort than usual..if the rd is wet lagi worse..

rehdeer: congrats on yr new monster ! every since neo sold his monster so many more monster owners coming online. heh heh coool :cheer:

For your bike, it will cost around $280, probably less at the more popular workshops, but workmanship.... your choice.

014s are very good street tyres. More sticky sport tyres like Diablo Corsas need time to warmup, otherwise don't really grip well at all.

rehdeer,

Your bike looks clean and nice too! Woah you got hose at home to clean bike. Envy you. Next time we go for mass cleaning at your house hehe!

Anyway hope you get the charger from neo and charge up your battery soon and go riding on your Monster.

:thumb:

c26492.jpg

yohji

da whole thing cant be only $80 liao...hehehe! its juz da metal teeth pc to turn or watver for da speedo to run....

btw we organise a mass bike wash session cum kopi meet up....my bikes always kena rain heart pain sia... :cry:

neo

u riding a 999s eh? how much u got it? :thumb:

espido1001

mines is bridgestone bt 14 & bt 20 rear....

:smile:

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE...

2004 Honda Varadero XL125 ride to tour

2005 Ducati Monster 400 for track use :p

2006 white r3 spec gen2 manual gear for pimping hehehe!

2008 THE new silver subaru impreza hatch NOT road legal & manual gear for drifting!

2010 white fd2 honda civic 2.0 si & still manual gear for family use so whats next baby?

Question folks, my headlight is real dim. Looks normal if I high beam though but of course thats not a solution. So was wondering how am I going to get it changed? Would the mech have replacements or should I go buy it somewhere and get the mech to fix it for me or probably DIY it myself.

Thanks

Honda Phantom TA200: Sep 04 - Dec 05

Ducati Monster M400: Dec 05 - Feb 07

Honda Silverwing FJS400D: Feb 07 - Jan 09

Honda Shadow 400: Nov 10 - Dec 11

Aprilia SR Max 300ie: Jul 12 - Mar 15

Originally posted by nE0@Jan 2 2006, 04:07 PM

I can lend you my battery charger, just charge it overnight.

If its the wet type of battery, then maybe try topping up the battery water.

If its the wet type anyway, chances are its never been changed before, so do invest on a new battery.

charger for car battery can or not?

now got a problem... to check/top up battery water, got to lift up fuel tank. however instruction manual says not to lift fuel tank when it is more than 5 litres of petrol full. mine is currently full tank (just pumped the day before).

yeah, changing battery will be added on to the to-do list for this monster.

thanks for the offer for the charger, i'll try to start the bike again tomorrow to see if it responds. if still cannot, then i'll look for you :)

Originally posted by espido1001@Jan 2 2006, 04:34 PM

rehdeer: hey u're the guy tht got easy2findme's bike ah ? i was the guy(FW m400) at mike's congratulating u on gettin yr duke !

that guy is my husband. he buys i ride :cheeky:

Originally posted by yohji@Jan 2 2006, 07:27 PM

rehdeer,

Your bike looks clean and nice too! Woah you got hose at home to clean bike. Envy you. Next time we go for mass cleaning at your house hehe!

Anyway hope you get the charger from neo and charge up your battery soon and go riding on your Monster.

:thumb:

yeah, thanks to easy2findme for maintaining the bike well. so far so good, nothing to complain about :cheeky:

Originally posted by rehdeer@Jan 2 2006, 08:23 PM

charger for car battery can or not?

now got a problem... to check/top up battery water, got to lift up fuel tank. however instruction manual says not to lift fuel tank when it is more than 5 litres of petrol full. mine is currently full tank (just pumped the day before).

yeah, changing battery will be added on to the to-do list for this monster.

thanks for the offer for the charger, i'll try to start the bike again tomorrow to see if it responds. if still cannot, then i'll look for you :)

Yes. As for the fuel tank, I think its quite safe to lift it when its 3/4 full. I did it when its nearly full before, leaked alittle petrol. It will be quite heavy though, so might need some assistance.

Originally posted by rehdeer@Jan 2 2006, 01:17 PM

Hi,

I used to have this problem with starting bike in the morning and when I'm off work.

Pull choke, hold throttle, and maintain it a few minutes to prevent it from dying it off.

But last week, a relative of mine help me do some wire grounding and replace a cable and the bike starts when tickle! He replace a cable as big as those speakers and said it'll improve the start of bike.

And also, I notice it improve up a bit on the throttle.

Today, evening, I started my bike at 1 tickle after it have been left untouch for more than 48hours.

Weird but it works.

Cheers!

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.