SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

FF-5 New OGK helmet!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, nice to see a thread about OGK FF5 here. I am having this helmet for almost a year, here is my little review of this helmet, hope can do some help for thoes who are interesting in this one :)

For the past 4yrs, i am a quite loyal AGV user and have 3 AGV ti-tech helmets. By kinda of chance i got this white scream FF5 last chinese new year, so i will compare with the ti-tech base on my personal exprience(daily/on track).

First of all, is the weight. This helmet is around the same weight of the old ti-tech(L to XL) but obviously heavier than the new ti-tech EVO. Weight distribution is good but not as good as ti-tech EVO, you can feel it by holding it. More weight movement can be observed when you twist your wrist while holding the FF5 compared to the ti-tech. But don't worry, is cause no difference when you wear it.

Then comes the lining, the FF5 equip with coolmax lining, the surface as well quite "Jap" style - looks just like Arai's coolmax lining, feels also similar. Personally i like the AGV's flannelette-like lining surface much better - you'll see the difference when you put your head in to the helmet you just took off last track session and it still not totally dry out.....>

The feeling of riding, OGK claim the wind-tunnel test maybe really helps the aero dyanmic when you ride. When you put yourself out of the fairing at the end of 2nd straight at PG track, you'll feel obviously less force pushing your head backwards when you wearing FF5 compare to ti-tech. This design make you head more stable when you look forward. When you look aside at certain speed, the sudden push comes with the destruction of the air flow - quite interesting feeling, for sure wake you up when you feel boring just going straight in the highway of malaysia lol.

removal and installation of the visor - super easy and super quick, just press and pull you take it out, insert in then you out it on. It might be the best design compare to AGV/Arai. BTW the OGK visor has no anti-fog coating - shouldn't be a prob in SG i think.

Air flow inside the helmet.....honestly, i couldn't feel much different on the road under the weather of singapore, even you naked on the road i think also sweat alot lah XD. But AGV's two fxxking big holes in the chinbar really give more and stable air flow to the month/nose area, if you got faster speed(ie: express way) maybe help a bit.

Overall, i'm not sure the price selling in SG. But from the price i get at TW(500SG$ for race rider replica, 455SG$ for two kinds of painting, 400SG$ for solid color). I think its a very cost-effctive choice, can reach almost 80~85% of the overall performance compare to other manufacturers' top-end product while just cost 60~70% of the price. It's a very good helmet for budget buyer.

My little review~ ^__^

***only 1 img allowed***

http://ots1jg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pZd4ExNZoYU5inWSyhHro2Om_JwSvEXDXYD1XWjARxDmm9HyKKJAhykIaqV9sgng0NzcSaTBqDyE/sign.jpg

Never stop trying to be faster!!!

Hi guys, nice to see a thread about OGK FF5 here. I am having this helmet for almost a year, here is my little review of this helmet, hope can do some help for thoes who are interesting in this one :)

For the past 4yrs, i am a quite loyal AGV user and have 3 AGV ti-tech helmets. By kinda of chance i got this white scream FF5 last chinese new year, so i will compare with the ti-tech base on my personal exprience(daily/on track).

First of all, is the weight. This helmet is around the same weight of the old ti-tech(L to XL) but obviously heavier than the new ti-tech EVO. Weight distribution is good but not as good as ti-tech EVO, you can feel it by holding it. More weight movement can be observed when you twist your wrist while holding the FF5 compared to the ti-tech. But don't worry, is cause no difference when you wear it.

Then comes the lining, the FF5 equip with coolmax lining, the surface as well quite "Jap" style - looks just like Arai's coolmax lining, feels also similar. Personally i like the AGV's flannelette-like lining surface much better - you'll see the difference when you put your head in to the helmet you just took off last track session and it still not totally dry out.....>

The feeling of riding, OGK claim the wind-tunnel test maybe really helps the aero dyanmic when you ride. When you put yourself out of the fairing at the end of 2nd straight at PG track, you'll feel obviously less force pushing your head backwards when you wearing FF5 compare to ti-tech. This design make you head more stable when you look forward. When you look aside at certain speed, the sudden push comes with the destruction of the air flow - quite interesting feeling, for sure wake you up when you feel boring just going straight in the highway of malaysia lol.

removal and installation of the visor - super easy and super quick, just press and pull you take it out, insert in then you out it on. It might be the best design compare to AGV/Arai. BTW the OGK visor has no anti-fog coating - shouldn't be a prob in SG i think.

Air flow inside the helmet.....honestly, i couldn't feel much different on the road under the weather of singapore, even you naked on the road i think also sweat alot lah XD. But AGV's two fxxking big holes in the chinbar really give more and stable air flow to the month/nose area, if you got faster speed(ie: express way) maybe help a bit.

Overall, i'm not sure the price selling in SG. But from the price i get at TW(500SG$ for race rider replica, 455SG$ for two kinds of painting, 400SG$ for solid color). I think its a very cost-effctive choice, can reach almost 80~85% of the overall performance compare to other manufacturers' top-end product while just cost 60~70% of the price. It's a very good helmet for budget buyer.

My little review~ ^__^

400!? where? i chong one liao! (ps,im in TW too) :angel:

http://search.ruten.com.tw/search/s000.php?searchfrom=indexbar&k=OGK+ff5&t=0&o=2 you can see tat the solid color was selling at the price of 8800NT$, consider the exchange rate is 1:22(i got better than this at CKS airport! dont buy TW dollor in SG), the solid color is one for 400SG$.

***only 1 img allowed***

http://ots1jg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pZd4ExNZoYU5inWSyhHro2Om_JwSvEXDXYD1XWjARxDmm9HyKKJAhykIaqV9sgng0NzcSaTBqDyE/sign.jpg

Never stop trying to be faster!!!

• 1 month later...

Stuffy eh? Thinking of getting my first FF helmet. Saw some OGK's at Ah Boy shop earlier and was so tempted. FF3 selling for $200. Is it cheap? Thinking of getting the FF5 but not sure whether I should or not. Should I?

What is it about driving cars that makes you all such assholes?:gun:

$40x? Seems like you've got a good deal.

I was offered 500 for the plain one.

Who did you look for? Darren?

yupz got it from darren just before CNY...

December 2004 - June 2006 - NSR SP150 - FU2267C

June 2006 - January 2009 - S4 Spec III - FBA5351A

January 2009 - **** - FZ1s - F*2323*

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/xiaojoo/IMG_0307.jpg

FF-5 Scream any idea how much~? Wanna go get it next month

was quoted $48x

Bro, this should be in the buy/sell thread. not here.

Being offtopic isn't the right way to do in a forum.

Kindly post it in the correct thread. Thanks

who might get interested>?>>?>>>

http://sg.88db.com/sg/Services/Post_Detail.page/Automotive/Bikes_for_Sale/?PostId=6999551995 Bimota Supermono. Fully restored, BMW 650

thanks guys....

Dec 2003 - July 2010

Honda Phantom TA 200

July 2010 - July 2012

Honda Super Four Revo

July 2012 - Current

Honda NC700S ABS

• 2 weeks later...
No further news of the FF5 pricing?

pricing wise shld be around $4xx range bah...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OGK FF4 (solid) - $200

OGk FF4 (Venom, GP) - $280

OGK FF5 (Solid) - $480

Just bought an OGK FF4 Soild from regina.

i checked the rest too.

'08 Leo-Vince Wave S

The day i quit riding,

Is when those whom I love,

Cry every time I get on my motorcycle.

OGK FF4 (solid) - $200

OGk FF4 (Venom, GP) - $280

OGK FF5 (Solid) - $480

Just bought an OGK FF4 Soild from regina.

i checked the rest too.

so whats the price of ff5 red scream?

RXZ(FE4**2A) - 25th Sept 2010 till 16th July 2011

125Z(FZ***3D) - 20th Aug 2011 till 16 Oct 2012

PULSAR 200NS(FBG 8**2J) - 29th Dec 2012 till present

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...