SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23/12/2008

10:00am

weather: overcast

Seems like I have been going to Planet more often after getting a 2nd bike! :D

When I reach Planet, all the Mechs were already occupied with their own bikes.

So Ah Chong came to service my Bike personally.

And even taught me how to adjust the engine idling speed. :smile:

Stuff done.

1. Clutch biting point adjusted.

2. Angle of clutch lever adjusted.

3. Engine idling speed adjusted.

4. Wire of headlight was loose, (head light goes on and off when handle is turned) so Ah Chong spliced the wire with a short piece of wire.

5. Changed the left signal light, old one was usable but ugly because it had a crack.

6. Welded a piece of metal to the side stand to make it straighter.

During the servicing, it started drizzling. This Ah Chong very funny.

Can raise his hand, look up and say stop.

Then the rain stopped! :lol:

Then during welding, he keep saying he using his "3 Legged Cat Kungfu" to weld.

Then 1/2 way through, the side stand caught fire! :lol:

But the fire soon burnt itself out when the grease on the stand was used up.

Amazingly, Ah Chong only charged $20 for the lot, claiming that he giving Christmas discount! :lol:

Definately my favourite motor shop! :cheer:

Merry Christmas Everybody! :)

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

finally visited "the planet" this evening after work.

was really blur cos its my first time ever visiting a motor server centre.

Don't even dare to drive my bike in, cos the shop is quite full. :?

I walk in & out of the shop but can't find any mechanic that is free.

after standing there like idiot for 5 minutes, finally manage to "catch" the chinaman to help me. :sweat:

changed engine oil (CHEX 9000 $16 recommended by chinaman), change rear brake pads, fix the foot brake to rear light connection.

and chinaman also got Ah Cheong to test ride my bike because i claim got weird hissing noise from my front brake. :cheer:

ah cheong test ride my bike, say no problem, is normal type of noise.

total cost = $39.

not sure if is cheap/ex, but service was good, so no complains.

another happy customer. :cheers:

(crap, forgot to ask him for price to install crashbar...)

hahahah i remember uncle chong telling me about it, cause i went there to tong my bike stomach and he said that couple days back he was doing the same thing for another person and his staircase caught fire.

And he say last time he doing hahah , say not worth it $60 risk getting his shop burn down.

Went to PM to install alarm for my YBR (don ask, really got people want to steal/sabo). Chong quoted me $20-$40 (Ah boy quoted $80) took bout an hour and a half during that time his shop staircase caught fire cos some mech was welding on it...LOL!

After scrambling to put out the fire, business resume as usual. The mech working on my bike even bother "waterproof" my electronics with insulating tape... LOL! (I know not much use but still bothered to la.)

In the end charged $30.

First visit to PM, impressed by their easy going/direct nature.

:cheers:

finally visited "the planet" this evening after work.

was really blur cos its my first time ever visiting a motor server centre.

Don't even dare to drive my bike in, cos the shop is quite full. :?

I walk in & out of the shop but can't find any mechanic that is free.

after standing there like idiot for 5 minutes, finally manage to "catch" the chinaman to help me. :sweat:

changed engine oil (CHEX 9000 $16 recommended by chinaman), change rear brake pads, fix the foot brake to rear light connection.

and chinaman also got Ah Cheong to test ride my bike because i claim got weird hissing noise from my front brake. :cheer:

ah cheong test ride my bike, say no problem, is normal type of noise.

total cost = $39.

not sure if is cheap/ex, but service was good, so no complains.

another happy customer. :cheers:

(crap, forgot to ask him for price to install crashbar...)

call him and update us? front and back for ta 200 =) would like to know too

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

Ah chong is definitely a excellent mech! his trouble shooting capablities are really legendary and he is known for being a joker..lol..and unlike some bike shops he doesnt sweet talk u nor does he treat u with disrespect...excellent shop and definitely recomended!

Don't dress for the ride.Dress for the crash.:thumb:

i can agree ah chong still very good at troubleshooting.. but the tuning of bikes think cant liaoz...

although i still support him for minor minor things =)

i dun like his tuning too =(

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

02/01/2009

07:25pm

Weather: Fair

Mood: Sian

Tyre puntured at Ang Mo Kio, on my way to work, so went Planet to get it fixed, even though it means passing by the whole row of motorshops at Sin Ming Road! :lol:

When I got there Lawbah was already there, but didn't stay to chat because was very thirsty after pushing the bike, so when to coffee shop to buy drink. :thirsty:

Later, we crowd around to see how Ah Chong used the Tyre repair kit.

So now we know how to use liao! :smile:

Ah Chong then retuned my GSXR's idling speed, because he felt it was very very fast.

Later when the repairs were done, and the bike was pushed out, there was a rubbish cart being pushed by 2 Blanga so I yelled a warning to Ah Chong, this Ah Chong Si Bei funny, said "Wah this type of car, I kena bang until die also cannot claim their insurance!" :lol:

So I also Si Bei funny said "If kena bang by this type of car even if don't die from injuries, also smelly until die!" :lol:

After that left Planet, and went bowling with my friend.

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

02/01/2009

07:25pm

Weather: Fair

Mood: Sian

Tyre puntured at Ang Mo Kio, on my way to work, so went Planet to get it fixed, even though it means passing by the whole row of motorshops at Sin Ming Road! :lol:

When I got there Lawbah was already there, but didn't stay to chat because was very thirsty after pushing the bike, so when to coffee shop to buy drink. :thirsty:

Later, we crowd around to see how Ah Chong used the Tyre repair kit.

So now we know how to use liao! :smile:

Ah Chong then retuned my GSXR's idling speed, because he felt it was very very fast.

Later when the repairs were done, and the bike was pushed out, there was a rubbish cart being pushed by 2 Blanga so I yelled a warning to Ah Chong, this Ah Chong Si Bei funny, said "Wah this type of car, I kena bang until die also cannot claim their insurance!" :lol:

So I also Si Bei funny said "If kena bang by this type of car even if don't die from injuries, also smelly until die!" :lol:

After that left Planet, and went bowling with my friend.

eh bro.. u count until 100th time, got anniversary ang pao from Dr chong not huh? I lost count leh, but definitely less than u :angel:

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

planet kinda the only motordiam i noes. troubleshooting is excellent..especially the chief mechanic ah peng very good. always try to get him to do my bike.

but always have to wait very long...have this feeling that he always let ppl whom he knows do first one...den ppl like me have to let them jump my queue...sigh....

己所ä¸æ¬²ï¼Œå‹¿æ–½äºŽäºº