SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

riding a class 2 bike in sg

alep20

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think any bike let it be 2B, 2A or 2 is more practical than most cars. From an engineering point of view, it's more efficient to transport someone than a car, it's light, uses less fuel, less CO2 foot print and takes up so much lesser space on the road. Car is big, heavy, uses so much fuel, yes you can take 5 pax but how often you see a full car on the road. Same goes for the boot, it's not used all the time. Yes it rains, it gets wet, you can get run down by lorries but study has shown, riders are generally happier and more risk takers so go figure.

I bet 99% of us riders will buy a class 2 bike if their financial allows it, whether or not it's really practical in spore. It's just something you cannot explain. I suggest you go to a bike shop and seat in every bike you can find. Sooner or later you will fall in love. Also I feel from my years of riding, minimum displacment would be 600cc. Enough power and torque for 2 up riding. Max? All depends on how much you wanna pay for insurance and road tax haha

From a financial point, any bike makes more sense than cars, a cheap car can buy an expensive bike with much much more power and prestige and COE time, the car will die in like 4-5 years? You still can use the bike for 10 years, brand new somemore. Even then the bike will be cheaper with cheaper parking, insurance and road tax. A car in Singapore is more for convenience sake rather than a need, if you're Malaysian, that's different because the distances are further and its cheaper to drive there too, SG so small everywhere also can just cab, if no cab then can just take public, want to say family also sort of a moot point.

Point is even if you can afford a car, I wonder why people have to justify it other than because they can afford it, financially a car here is a money pit, more than any bike no matter how you dish it. The bike can sell back to minimise loss, the car will just get scrapped. Blame the COE system. Only saving grace is if you have a family and its more convenient with a car, if you're single or not hydrophobic, there's not much point.

Oh yeah, ducs are hot cuz the engine head is just beneath ur balls and oversquare, not because its running lean.

Edited by Jehuty

From a financial point, any bike makes more sense than cars, a cheap car can buy an expensive bike with much much more power and prestige and COE time, the car will die in like 4-5 years? You still can use the bike for 10 years, brand new somemore. Even then the bike will be cheaper with cheaper parking, insurance and road tax. A car in Singapore is more for convenience sake rather than a need, if you're Malaysian, that's different because the distances are further and its cheaper to drive there too, SG so small everywhere also can just cab, if no cab then can just take public, want to say family also sort of a moot point.

Point is even if you can afford a car, I wonder why people have to justify it other than because they can afford it, financially a car here is a money pit, more than any bike no matter how you dish it. The bike can sell back to minimise loss, the car will just get scrapped. Blame the COE system. Only saving grace is if you have a family and its more convenient with a car, if you're single or not hydrophobic, there's not much point.

Oh yeah, ducs are hot cuz the engine head is just beneath ur balls and oversquare, not because its running lean.

Haha if someone is getting a bike for commuting and convenience sake it is usually just a cb400 or at the most fz6 with boxes and panniers.

` ` ` ,=; ` ` ` ` ` ` `

` ` `/_____ ` ` ` ` ` `

` `()[_____\,,,,. ` ` `

` `_//\=x(_)\/ __ ` ` `

` / `\ \{}}}/ / `\ ~ ~`

`| () | \(_)=| () |~ ` ~

` \__/ ` ` ` `\__/ ` ` `

Haha if someone is getting a bike for commuting and convenience sake it is usually just a cb400 or at the most fz6 with boxes and panniers.

Second that fz6 or cbf600 or vstrom 650. I'm biased but 600cc would be ideal torque and hp for commute, 2 up and even good fun on the road. Hahaha problem with most class 2a bikes is maintenance are not much different from class 2 and honestly most of my friends who rides a 2B, rides it as a second bike with a class 2 kept for special occasion hahaha. Also I'm an advocate for "bigger bike generally safer" lol

Second that fz6 or cbf600 or vstrom 650. I'm biased but 600cc would be ideal torque and hp for commute, 2 up and even good fun on the road. Hahaha problem with most class 2a bikes is maintenance are not much different from class 2 and honestly most of my friends who rides a 2B, rides it as a second bike with a class 2 kept for special occasion hahaha. Also I'm an advocate for "bigger bike generally safer" lol

Yeah man people do that but end up riding the 2B more frequently than the class 2. I feel that it doesn't do justice to the big bike. Not to mention the higher premium paid for it.

` ` ` ,=; ` ` ` ` ` ` `

` ` `/_____ ` ` ` ` ` `

` `()[_____\,,,,. ` ` `

` `_//\=x(_)\/ __ ` ` `

` / `\ \{}}}/ / `\ ~ ~`

`| () | \(_)=| () |~ ` ~

` \__/ ` ` ` `\__/ ` ` `

Hi guys, i need some guidance. im riding a spark now, and have a 2A licence on hand. And im able to enroll for my class 2 this coming march. So i was wondering is it worth to get a 2A bike or class 2 as im only using it to work and some outing with friends. In mind bike is either spec 3, revo or fz8. need help. sorry im a noob here.

Hi guys, i need some guidance. im riding a spark now, and have a 2A licence on hand. And im able to enroll for my class 2 this coming march. So i was wondering is it worth to get a 2A bike or class 2 as im only using it to work and some outing with friends. In mind bike is either spec 3, revo or fz8. need help. sorry im a noob here.

I think the answer you get here will be biased lol

` ` ` ,=; ` ` ` ` ` ` `

` ` `/_____ ` ` ` ` ` `

` `()[_____\,,,,. ` ` `

` `_//\=x(_)\/ __ ` ` `

` / `\ \{}}}/ / `\ ~ ~`

`| () | \(_)=| () |~ ` ~

` \__/ ` ` ` `\__/ ` ` `

not worth to get class 2a bike imo. since the maintence is about the same as class 2. but u may consider cb400x it is not bad as well.

I'd say 2A is perfect for sg roads, but if your heart is with class 2 you'll eventually upgrade :D

` ` ` ,=; ` ` ` ` ` ` `

` ` `/_____ ` ` ` ` ` `

` `()[_____\,,,,. ` ` `

` `_//\=x(_)\/ __ ` ` `

` / `\ \{}}}/ / `\ ~ ~`

`| () | \(_)=| () |~ ` ~

` \__/ ` ` ` `\__/ ` ` `

MT-09 heeeheee

I'm riding a Spark too. On Singapore roads, I prefer the Spark. Overseas trip, I'll use the class 2.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Once upon a time many many years ago.... A friend who just bought his 1st class2 bike joined us for our usual night rides and said: "Walao.... Class2A bikes are like bicycles man!! Should get Class2!!". We all cursed & swear at him and said he's an idiot... but when we also gotten our class2 bikes... We realized that we are the idiots. Never looked back since....

And this happened back in the 90's when class2 bikes are huge heavy monsters. Now class2 bikes are as nimble as plenty of class2A bikes but with more performance. Prices ain't exactly too far off too... so for those who still thinking.... my advice is this to get your class2. Period.

#ShutUp_and_Ride

i completely understand the passion of riding a class 2 bike and feelin it is totally worth the cash.

but i think when we feel the class 2 bike is shiok and worth it, we often mistake/confuse riding out of passion and riding out of practicality.

like i said in my first reply, if you have a dream class 2 bike, or dream of being a class 2 biker, or want to track/tour, then if you can afford it chances are its worth it. but that doesnt make it practical.

consider a cbx400 used only for local riding. what can a class 2 bike do on a local commute that a cbx400 cant? at the same price to buy and maintain? thats what we call practical.

but if you still go for class 2 because its more fun you insist worth it, that is passion, and its not wrong. but thats not practical.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

I don't know about other class 2 bikes but my opinion on class 2 liter sports bike. Absolutely dreadful in traffic, would probably give u slip disc as a touring bike.

Yes its nimble, its fast but it is also hot, it is expensive to maintain, too much power(its either break speed limit or lugging) and not friendly on fuel. No other bike is as impractical as a class 2 litre sports as far as normal use is concerned, they are designed for a very specific purpose, like offroad bikes.

Shiok but give me a scooter, streetbike, motard anyday over a class 2 sportsbike if its anything else than track or certain events.

I don't know about other class 2 bikes but my opinion on class 2 liter sports bike. Absolutely dreadful in traffic, would probably give u slip disc as a touring bike.

Yes its nimble, its fast but it is also hot, it is expensive to maintain, too much power(its either break speed limit or lugging) and not friendly on fuel. No other bike is as impractical as a class 2 litre sports as far as normal use is concerned, they are designed for a very specific purpose, like offroad bikes.

Shiok but give me a scooter, streetbike, motard anyday over a class 2 sportsbike if its anything else than track or certain events.

i mean manage 2 bikes at a time. the insurence and road tax its so ex already jus for class 2 itself.

Usually people have a 2B as a sidebike, upkeep for 2B is quite cheap while the class 2 bike is rarely used.

If you can afford a car, you can afford 2 bikes, cars on the other hand are retardedly expensive.

i completely understand the passion of riding a class 2 bike and feelin it is totally worth the cash.

but i think when we feel the class 2 bike is shiok and worth it, we often mistake/confuse riding out of passion and riding out of practicality.

like i said in my first reply, if you have a dream class 2 bike, or dream of being a class 2 biker, or want to track/tour, then if you can afford it chances are its worth it. but that doesnt make it practical.

consider a cbx400 used only for local riding. what can a class 2 bike do on a local commute that a cbx400 cant? at the same price to buy and maintain? thats what we call practical.

but if you still go for class 2 because its more fun you insist worth it, that is passion, and its not wrong. but thats not practical.

Couldn't agree more....

To reach one's own. For me biking is my passion and hobby. I absolutely love the thrill of the ride. But should the day comes when I just need it as a form of transportation, then perhaps.... just perhaps.... I'll go for a smaller bike?

#ShutUp_and_Ride