SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Which type of petrol do you pump for Phantom?

Sikkandersha

Type of petrol you pump for phantom  

462 members have voted

1. 1. Type of petrol you pump for phantom

• Shell 92
    • Shell 95
    • Shell 98
    • Shell V Power
    • ESSO
    • SPC
    • Gold with Techron 98
    • Silver with Techron 95
    • Dont pump in Singapore at all or sometimes only, prefer to pump in malaysia

lol I somehow missed this thread the past few days... the tank breather hole for phantom tank is at the neck (the opening), so it is not possible to pump "full tank"... the extra petrol will simply overflow out of the breather tube onto the floor... hence for those who didn't notice... thats how the puddles of petrol in front of the pump originate... :cheeky:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just an habit lor. it is said to be able to "squeeze" more petrol into your tank. not a proven fact la. dunno how reliable issit. just hump lor. abit of exercise for myself and my bike's suspension. LOL! :lol:

u can try turning ur throttle den let go, u can c ur petrol level lowering when u do that, tts wad i learn frm my fren... instead of doing indecent humping act in the public =x

lol I somehow missed this thread the past few days... the tank breather hole for phantom tank is at the neck (the opening), so it is not possible to pump "full tank"... the extra petrol will simply overflow out of the breather tube onto the floor... hence for those who didn't notice... thats how the puddles of petrol in front of the pump originate... :cheeky:

haha.. Been squeezing petronas petrol.. so far overflow once only.. ;-)

not fom the breather tube but from the side of my Tank..

u can try turning ur throttle den let go, u can c ur petrol level lowering when u do that, tts wad i learn frm my fren... instead of doing indecent humping act in the public =x

flood the cub?

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

haha.. Been squeezing petronas petrol.. so far overflow once only.. ;-)

not fom the breather tube but from the side of my Tank..

flood the cub?

it is not a good idea to flood the cub i think. you only damaging your carb and the parts inside the carb.

Joshua, time to submit your report liao on mixing petronas primax with shell vpower.

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

it is not a good idea to flood the cub i think. you only damaging your carb and the parts inside the carb.

Joshua, time to submit your report liao on mixing petronas primax with shell vpower.

i add in a little of singapore v power.. Not much improvemements.. pickup seems to be more powerful? or is it a mind thing?

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

i tink i just clocked abt 45km/l with shell 95 :eek: i not sure isit coz i was unable to really pump "full" coz of the stupit side stand rule frm shell :sian: or use wrg calculation or both... this is how i count:

mileage i pump petrol now - mileage i last pump = A

A / amt of petrol pumped now = my fuel consumption

when i used shell 98 it was abt 35/l

phantom fuel consumsion high anot??

is around 33km to max of 42km per Lit

depends on the age of piston also.. New bikes normally around close to 40km/L.

mine a Fv plate currently hit Fc of 35-36km/L petronas oil

i tink i just clocked abt 45km/l with shell 95 :eek: i not sure isit coz i was unable to really pump "full" coz of the stupit side stand rule frm shell :sian: or use wrg calculation or both... this is how i count:

mileage i pump petrol now - mileage i last pump = A

A / amt of petrol pumped now = my fuel consumption

when i used shell 98 it was abt 35/l

you got it correct. Distance travel divided by Lit of petrol pump in..

check that you turn from "res" to " on" before you pump also..

in shell station, is there such rule? how come i not known after so many pumps.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

yea there is, u can look at the signs near the pumps... i was told by a petrol guy b4 wen i sit on my bike n pump at queensway de shell den i realize too

will check out tomorrow ;-) did't know of such ruling.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

its along with those sign of no hp, off engine etc etc

haha.. maybe there is. But i nr really go and look at it? hehe.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

is around 33km to max of 42km per Lit

depends on the age of piston also.. New bikes normally around close to 40km/L.

mine a Fv plate currently hit Fc of 35-36km/L petronas oil

you got it correct. Distance travel divided by Lit of petrol pump in..

check that you turn from "res" to " on" before you pump also..

in shell station, is there such rule? how come i not known after so many pumps.

ohoh i see i see, cuse i buying. but dont know the fuel comsumion is high not. can ask you all 1.2k for a phantom left coe 2.5 year whether worth to ride not?? i think FU or FD plate.

honda sp>honda phantom> honda cb400>yamaha R15 > i want a honda CBR!!!

when i ride big bike, i feel like riding a small bike, when i ride small bike, i feel like riding a big bike OMG how...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i last time always pump 95... one day i tried v-power... omg, big diff, so quiet!... yet to try 92, maybe one day i'll try... :)

seriously i think, it's all in the mind. our tiny winy class 2b engines wont have much of a difference... v power is just throwing $$$ cheaply away. now i just pump 95 in sg and ron 95 in msia. used to always pump vpower for my TA150 in msia in the past. now i switch to petronas liao! petronas boleh! :angel:

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

seriously i think, it's all in the mind. our tiny winy class 2b engines wont have much of a difference... v power is just throwing $$$ cheaply away. now i just pump 95 in sg and ron 95 in msia. used to always pump vpower for my TA150 in msia in the past. now i switch to petronas liao! petronas boleh! :angel:

maybe its really in mind but bro, one day u just try... after a full month of 95... u go pump a complete full tank in sg shell with vpower... c got diff onot... just testing testing... :) i just pumped vpower in msia yesterday, maybe its in my mind but i tell u, e feel is totally diff from sg vpower, damn lousy! msia 97 feels better than msia vpower, i dunno why :( haha!

maybe its really in mind but bro, one day u just try... after a full month of 95... u go pump a complete full tank in sg shell with vpower... c got diff onot... just testing testing... :) i just pumped vpower in msia yesterday, maybe its in my mind but i tell u, e feel is totally diff from sg vpower, damn lousy! msia 97 feels better than msia vpower, i dunno why :( haha!

of cos, i used to pump vpower when vpower is at shell 98 price. the difference? minimal...

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)