SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Motor Tiam Rating

Guest AdamAndEve

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest messenger
De Xing in ubi...

any comment for the shop above?

cos maybe i gotta buy a bike there...

wao .. de xing ah!!! hehe .. beware dude

their chopper is super slit .. can slice you easily wor.

make sure you ask them to press the calculator in front of you.

coz they always add in a few figures which they didnt tell you beforehand.

so becareful..

For Zen Bike to say that it Looi's seems fair, well to Looi's it's business sense.When they sell brand new Japaanese made BIG bike they are confident (who won't be) to give you a warranty up to 10 000km, whatever.

These quality bikes will probably not give any problem ( i.e nothing really for Looi to service ) within the warranty period.

It is only when the REAL servicing starts when this LOOI's start to 'chop' and they do 'chop' deep! They like the rest of the motortiam will give you all sorts of grandma stories until the customer also convinced till blur.

And be mindful, this Looi know how to hit the soft spot of big bike riders!

They know ppl like you will spend big bucks for your 2 wheeled baby and that is where they move in!

Of course compared to those other lesser reputation shops, they wouldn't seem so bad but that is only on the surface! Go deeper and you'll find out the truth as with all other motortiams, bikers would encounter! :D

hello guys!! was thinking of going to JB for some minor repairs on my bike. Any recommendations on which shops to recommend and which to avoid?? also is it cheaper there? are the people there competent at handling sports bikes as i have heard that they usually handle the malaysia bikes and do not have much experience with sports bikes. Thanks for your input!!!

Shop Name: Combine Motor Trading

Address: Sin Ming Autocare

Phone Number: 64513386

what time does combine open?? :confused: am planning to go down there for servicing since it's near my house.

Past & Present Rides

Honda NSR 150SP - June 2001 till March 2002

Honda CB400 Spec 2 - September 2002 till August 2010

Yamaha FZ1-S 2010 - August 2010 till Present

Shop Name: Combine Motor Trading

Address: Sin Ming Autocare

Phone Number: 64513386

what time does combine open?? :confused: am planning to go down there for servicing since it's near my house.

since you haf the tel, y dun u call them up. :D

Melting under blue skies

Belting out sunlight

Shimmering love

hi all!

does motor shop charge 4% GST as agreement fees?

i went to MAH den they claim that they dun charge agreement fees,but i fee 4% GST is sufficient to make u poor.

den i bought a 2nd hand bike.

Think before you speed, cameras are all over the place now

Guest decoupe

any bike shops to recommend for servcing of shims and pistons rings for a big v-twin like a TL ? I don't think alot of bike shops are competent since this bike is rare thanks.

hello guys!! was thinking of going to JB for some minor repairs on my bike. Any recommendations on which shops to recommend and which to avoid?? also is it cheaper there? are the people there competent at handling sports bikes as i have heard that they usually handle the malaysia bikes and do not have much experience with sports bikes. Thanks for your input!!!

cheaper ah? depends on who u compare it with lor and also wat u want to do. i only did 2 repairs at malaysia b4, first was some eletronic stuff i change at tis place tht the forum pple calls Ah Gua Lane, the 2nd one is change front brake pad and rear, its at the shop nearest to the first SHELL stn of JB. prices diff from s'pore ard SGD $3-$5 like tht.

cheaper ah? depends on who u compare it with lor and also wat u want to do. i only did 2 repairs at malaysia b4, first was some eletronic stuff i change at tis place tht the forum pple calls Ah Gua Lane, the 2nd one is change front brake pad and rear, its at the shop nearest to the first SHELL stn of JB. prices diff from s'pore ard SGD $3-$5 like tht.

for sports bike u have to see wat u do lor, things like change chain and spocket, clean carb no prob. have to see wat sports bike also, TZM shld be no prob of course. anyway, malaysia also got sports bike mah

any bike shops to recommend for servcing of shims and pistons rings for a big v-twin like a TL ? I don't think alot of bike shops are competent since this bike is rare thanks.

hey! sama sama....I'm lookin for a trustworth shop to do shimming too. so far, cant find any.

Ours is V-engines, i think most mechs hate to do.

did u manage to find any shops yet?

:confused:

You Tailgate, I Jam Brake!

To Eliminate that False sense of achievement , Pick on bikes your own c.c.

http://www.geocities.com/infieldg/images/dirk_b_rc30.jpg

Guest decoupe

hey! sama sama....I'm lookin for a trustworth shop to do shimming too. so far, cant find any.

Ours is V-engines, i think most mechs hate to do.

did u manage to find any shops yet?

:confused:

by the way, what bike you riding? :p I'm thinking of the suzuki authorized agent ( guan hoe ) but the bike shop looks quite empty. So, I doesn't have much faith in them. Still looking out so far. Its not most mechs hate to do. Its most mechs dunno how to do. :lol:

since you haf the tel, y dun u call them up. :D

actually was planning to go down there in the morning and i posted this at night in the hope of finding someone who knows what time they open for business. but in the end, i went down to planet to service. :sweat:

Past & Present Rides

Honda NSR 150SP - June 2001 till March 2002

Honda CB400 Spec 2 - September 2002 till August 2010

Yamaha FZ1-S 2010 - August 2010 till Present

actually was planning to go down there in the morning and i posted this at night in the hope of finding someone who knows what time they open for business. but in the end, i went down to planet to service. :sweat:

alamak. was looking forward to hear your feedback on combine. some other time you try bah.

Melting under blue skies

Belting out sunlight

Shimmering love

by the way, what bike you riding? :p I'm thinking of the suzuki authorized agent ( guan hoe ) but the bike shop looks quite empty. So, I doesn't have much faith in them. Still looking out so far. Its not most mechs hate to do. Its most mechs dunno how to do. :lol:

sorry for the late reply, Im riding a rvf 400. cannot join u to the suzuki dealer la!

i agree with u that MOst mechs dunno how to do....coz got one mech i approached i can tell he keep givin me mama reasons just to avoid doing the shimming for me.

sighh.....is there no help for riders with V-engines??? :cry:

You Tailgate, I Jam Brake!

To Eliminate that False sense of achievement , Pick on bikes your own c.c.

http://www.geocities.com/infieldg/images/dirk_b_rc30.jpg

alamak. was looking forward to hear your feedback on combine. some other time you try bah.

I tried combine recently, wash +service carburator, flush + change coolant, total $120. Reasonable price, skill not back, but after they service my bike, they forgotten to switch my fuel switch to on, luckly only i reach home then the engine dead off.

Guest heiniao
Hi,

I would like to feedback on 2 motor shops.

This is based on my recent experience of buying a class2 bike.

My first choice was a big well known dealer that many people have bought their bikes from, housed in a multi-storey building. It has a team of sales person to handle bike sales.

I wanted a colour which they don't have. The sales person promised me the bike with the colour I want would arrive in 2-3 week's time because it is now clearing custom and asked me to put a deposit for it.

I asked to put in black and white in the sale agreement that it would take 2-3 weeks as he said. The sales person is hesitant to do so.

I was then on the verge of putting a deposit when my wife asked me to wait 2-3 weeks until the bike is in the show room, then I come down and buy. Reluctantly, I walked away and gave the sales person my tel no and reminded him to call me once the bike is in or he hears any progress of the bike clearing the custom.

After that, I called the sales person every week to ask if the bike is in already or the bike has cleared the custom. The sales person always said he would check and call me back. But he never did.

But I called every week to follow up and after 3-4 weeks, I gave up.

Fortunately, for me, I listened to my wife and never put down the deposit. The bike shop never called me back once. It was always me who called them. Till now (2 mths), they still never called me. I wondered if I had put the deposit, what would happened to me now?

Lesson learnt: Beware of sales tactics, even from a big clean impressive looking reputed bike company.

While waiting for the reply from the bike shop above, I went to other bike shops. I visited Looi's Motor and chatted to their Manager Mr Lee. They had the bike that I wanted to buy at 1., but it wasn't my preferred colour. So I didn't want to buy from them.

I just browsed around their new bikes and was not interested in buying from them and did not want to show that I was thinking of buying a bike, because I was waiting for 1.

So I chat to Mr Lee for quite a while about anything but buying a bike from him.

From the conversation, my personal opinion is that he does business more for long term than to close an immediate sale. Service is important to him. He is passionate about biking, even at his "uncle" age. He even organise bike touring trips for his customers. If he is one who cheats his customers frequently, how is he going to face them if he organise such tours?

We ended the conversation and he invited me to in hokkien, "when free, come and sit" meaning when free, drop by and chat to him, no obligations.

I secretly convert the mechanic service of Looi's since my mind was thinking of buying my bike from 1.

Loo's mechanic is housed on the ground floor. It is clean, spacious and well kept. I didn't know about their service standard yet but for a start, to service big bikes, especially one with full fairings like the one I'm thinking of buying, lots of space is needed. The last thing I want is that my bike gets scratched accidentally by people moving about and mechanics working in a confined space.

I asked the mechanic there if I can bring my bike there to service. He replied they only service their own customers' bike.

After several weeks of waiting for nothing for 1., I was, without choice but to go to Looi's to buy their bike which is not my preferred colour.

I spot to Mr Lee again and very quickly, he agreed to match the price 1. gave me. So I bought from him.

He gave me some extras like extended warranty of 6 mths. So I was happy and left after putting a deposit.

A few days' later, I returned to collect the bike and went to their admin floor (5th level) to pay and complete the rest of the paper work.

Their admin staff gave me a warranty booklet. But the warranty booklet only state 3 mths or 3,000 km, which ever the earlier. I told the admin that Mr Lee promised me 6 mths. The admin staff did not quite believed me so they called Mr Lee to check.

In my mind, I scolded myself that I should have got everything in writing and not accept verbal promises.

So I was presently surprised when they said, ok, 6 mths. So Mr Lee honoured his verbal promise to me.

Then I thought, what is the use if it is 6 mths and it is still 3,000 km? So I asked the admin staff can extend the km or not? The admin staff again looked at me and called Mr Lee again.

Again, I scolded myself for not clarifying this in advanced. I was hoping that since they doubled my period from 3 to 6 mths, they should give me 6,000 km.

The admin staff then proceed to give me 10,000 km.

I was very happy with my sale with Looi's because they gave me a fair deal and they honoured their verbal promises, unlike 1.

The bonus I got was that, now I can use their mechanic services which I convert from the beginning.

Since then, I have gone back to them for my first servicing.

As it is a simple operation compared to bike repairs, I am unable to comment on their skill.

But their mechanic staff is polite (I noticed Ah Meng doesn't like to talk much, he just do his mechanic things). And my bike got serviced fairly quickly (maybe that day they had less bikes to do).

Mr Lee still continues to chat to me and did not display the attitude of "now that the sale is over, you are no longer important".

From my personal experience of having shop at two bike shops, I would stronly recommend Looi's motor.

However, there are certain limitations that I observe:

a. Looi's Motor has less bikes on hand than 1. And because they are more honest, they are less aggressive than 1 and do not promise you everything you want. So 1. may still get higher bike sales than Looi's and you may not be able to find a bike you want in their current stock.

b. Looi's Motor clean, spacious mechanic facility is available only if you buy from them.

c. I must say their admin staff appears to be less friendly than Mr Lee.

d. I am not sure if they are the lowest price in terms of bike price and services.So if you are looking for the cheapest, they may not be it.

e. Most of their bike stocks are class 2 and 2a types.

If you value long-term reliable service and relationship with your supplier and mechanic, then perhaps you should consider Looi's Motor.

The reason why the first motor shop didn't give you a call back was because you didn't put down a deposit.

Like you, I visited both shops (among others) to look for my Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird

Looi quoted me $24,500 for the 2002 model.

Mah quoted me $22,000 for the 2002 model.

But I wanted the 2003 model and asked them whether that model was coming later.

Looi said no such thing as 2003 model - it was the same. Looi didn't even get up from his seat.

Mah said no such thing as 2003 model. I told them to check. They went back to office to check with Japan. Then they came back and said yes, you are right, there is a 2003 model. It is known as the CBR1100X3. They said they could order the 2003 model for me but I would have to pay an extra $500 as it was a custom order from Japan, and I was the only Singaporean to order it. Kevin Mah told me that in his humble opinion, the 2003 model was the same technology as the 2002 model and really, I shouldn't be paying extra to order the 2003 model when the 2002 model would suffice.

But against his advice, I decided to order the 2003 model because as customers, we always want the newest bikes don't we?

So I put my deposit and waited. He said they couldn't confirm exactly when the bike would arrive. It would be 2 to 3 weeks at the earliest, 2 months at the latest. I said I was prepared to wait as it would be my chosen colour and chosen model.

After 4 weeks, I received a call from them. My bike was ready for collection. On top of this, I was given three free servicings.

So really, you can't judge the bike shop until you deal with them from beginning to end. Sometimes, we encounter a bad sales rep and we form this opinion of the whole shop. I think if you spoke to Kevin Mah himself you would have had a very different opinion.

You will notice that at Looi's, it was the same thing. The boss gave you good service, his subordinates did not. This seems to be the case in all bike shops and bike accessory shops in Singapore.

I tried combine recently, wash +service carburator, flush + change coolant, total $120. Reasonable price, skill not back, but after they service my bike, they forgotten to switch my fuel switch to on, luckly only i reach home then the engine dead off.

yeah not bad. the boss quite frank with your bike, test run also.

Melting under blue skies

Belting out sunlight

Shimmering love

Anyone can reccomend any reliable shops in west area??? juz bot moi vtecII frm asphoon serangoon 9mths ago..... price cheap.. but after sales-service like shit.....

After 9mths, i always maintain by bike.. washin n covering it... but dunnoe why.... moi low fork clamps apparently rusted at the rims... i tole the mechanic der... coz it start to rust after they adjust d clamps... they say not their fault... abit hard to believe ehh... moi fren super4 FS plate clamps never rust.. n he seldom cover or wash.... how moi NEW bike rust like hell... the mechanice say itz like dat, sure rust wanz.. dammit... he den juz spray WD40.... say if wan.. chnge the whole thing.... nabehz.....

Also... moi fork or wheel seems to be crooked after they adjust the clamps.. ask them to tune... they say.. they dunnoe how to do it... muz send to other people.. but muz pay $80++.. i men.. all the probz like after they adjust moi clamps den pop up.. den they deny the fact... very pek chek.....

DUN GO ASPHOON SERANGOON!!~ LOUSY AFTER SALES SERVICING~~!

Anyone can reccommend any reliable shops to go to?? best if in west area???

http://martymcfry.com/images/limpdick2.jpg

'01 - Honda Repsol

'03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II

'04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European

'05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

Anyone can reccomend any reliable shops in west area??? juz bot moi vtecII frm asphoon serangoon 9mths ago..... price cheap.. but after sales-service like shit.....

After 9mths, i always maintain by bike.. washin n covering it... but dunnoe why.... moi low fork clamps apparently rusted at the rims... i tole the mechanic der... coz it start to rust after they adjust d clamps... they say not their fault... abit hard to believe ehh... moi fren super4 FS plate clamps never rust.. n he seldom cover or wash.... how moi NEW bike rust like hell... the mechanice say itz like dat, sure rust wanz.. dammit... he den juz spray WD40.... say if wan.. chnge the whole thing.... nabehz.....

Also... moi fork or wheel seems to be crooked after they adjust the clamps.. ask them to tune... they say.. they dunnoe how to do it... muz send to other people.. but muz pay $80++.. i men.. all the probz like after they adjust moi clamps den pop up.. den they deny the fact... very pek chek.....

DUN GO ASPHOON SERANGOON!!~ LOUSY AFTER SALES SERVICING~~!

Anyone can reccommend any reliable shops to go to?? best if in west area???

i tot all asphoon all lousy one?? west ah? not many gd shops lor...maybe u can try cyclink?(beside southern) or southern(ask anyone but the fat mech)

basically west not many gd ones la...or go jb lor...simple servicing can go jb la...if not then go mah motors lor.... :bounce:

in my opinion , its the way the sales rep look at u . c u no up , qoute prices like u wun believe . Ever went to a particular shop arnd at the junction of serangoon (a shop in the old shop house ) , was wearing sloppily n asked the price of a tzm . Reply was 'can u afford it ?" I said yes . N was qouted 10k . Then went to another shop at alexandra , somewhere near the OG building , same attire , but tis shop very sincere , listed out all the things i ned to pay IN DETAIL . Was so impressed n paid only $9.2K all included . Until my class 2 bike , i all buy from tis shop . Btw , HLK n Ah boy was heard to be very notorious rite ?

GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

http://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1246.jpghttp://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1721.jpg