SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Motor Tiam Rating

Guest AdamAndEve

hi ppl, i was going thru all 15 pages, and got a review that planet motor is the hot favourites. Do they do big bikes as well? :?

yeah very popular and hot, most of the time crowded there..saw alot of SPs and Krrs..big bikes aso haf, you call and check with the boss..

Melting under blue skies

Belting out sunlight

Shimmering love

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello fellows, this may be abit off from topic but with so many shops discussed..which one would you guys recommend to do a valve clearance job? my frens were suggesting go the big shops like Loois but they only do class 2 bikes... :(

would prefer a quality mechanic that does the job well...any of u had this done before at anyplace? pls advice.

Thanx! :smile:

You Tailgate, I Jam Brake!

To Eliminate that False sense of achievement , Pick on bikes your own c.c.

http://www.geocities.com/infieldg/images/dirk_b_rc30.jpg

Hello fellows, this may be abit off from topic but with so many shops discussed..which one would you guys recommend to do a valve clearance job? my frens were suggesting go the big shops like Loois but they only do class 2 bikes... :(

would prefer a quality mechanic that does the job well...any of u had this done before at anyplace? pls advice.

Thanx! :smile:

loois is ex but good and sincere..which area you prefer?

Melting under blue skies

Belting out sunlight

Shimmering love

loois is ex but good and sincere..which area you prefer?

yes i heard they are good but alot of feedback say they dun like to do 600cc and below one leh :sweat:

i live in North side so would prefer areas like Alexandra, AMK...any suggestions? actually as long as they do a proper engine job, i dun care where. :smile:

yes i heard they are good but alot of feedback say they dun like to do 600cc and below one leh :sweat:

i live in North side so would prefer areas like Alexandra, AMK...any suggestions? actually as long as they do a proper engine job, i dun care where. :smile:

coz they earn more from tua gu mah :lol: AMK got eddy ong @ Ave 10..Combine motor @ Sin ming..these are the few popular and recommended ones and can be found in this thread.

Melting under blue skies

Belting out sunlight

Shimmering love

coz they earn more from tua gu mah :lol: AMK got eddy ong @ Ave 10..Combine motor @ Sin ming..these are the few popular and recommended ones and can be found in this thread.

hmmm i see i see.....

anyway gg to give Sanfu a try this week on the valves job so wait for my

Motordiam reviews guys!

:smile:

Date:??

Shop Name: Planet Motorcycle

Address: Blk 3007 Ubi Rd 1Phone Number: 67474740

What service/product did you purchase?

Level of service: 7

Level of knowledge: 9

Level of value for money: 10*

How happy are you overall? 8

What makes this shop commendable?

i been going to this shop frm 2b to class 2.

what i muz say is that its the cheapest wkshop i can find. they do not chop pple.but with so much good reputation comes a price.

u can spend a whole afternoon there juz servicing ur bike man coz so many customers.

2nd thing is if u noe the boss well, haha he is very cho lor on bikes. screws, nuts can sometimes go missing after serving.

another point to take note. dont wash bike b4 u go there. their hands touch here touch the in the end all black stains.

after all this i would still say its a goodwork shop. coz it really value for $$$ . juz be prepared to wait......

Date:??

Shop Name: Planet Motorcycle

Address: Blk 3007 Ubi Rd 1Phone Number: 67474740

Level of service: 7

Level of knowledge: 9

Level of value for money: 10*

How happy are you overall? 8

i been going to this shop frm 2b to class 2.

what i muz say is that its the cheapest wkshop i can find. they do not chop pple.but with so much good reputation comes a price.

u can spend a whole afternoon there juz servicing ur bike man coz so many customers.

2nd thing is if u noe the boss well, haha he is very cho lor on bikes. screws, nuts can sometimes go missing after serving.

another point to take note. dont wash bike b4 u go there. their hands touch here touch the in the end all black stains.

after all this i would still say its a goodwork shop. coz it really value for $$$ . juz be prepared to wait......

Maybe this bike shop should come up with an appointment system like going to the doctor? Then dun hav to wait too long unnecessarily.

Or else everyone go there can chit chat and talk bike if they got cafe while waiting. Just a business strategy.........

:shades:

X1-R 2010 model

Star Brake Lines

K&N Air Filter

EzzyOiler

Fuel Consumption Excel File (Update columns in blue), download @ http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38849257/Fuel%20Consumption-20120222-154031.xls

Maybe this bike shop should come up with an appointment system like going to the doctor? Then dun hav to wait too long unnecessarily.

Or else everyone go there can chit chat and talk bike if they got cafe while waiting. Just a business strategy.........

:shades:

good idea but they're still the typical motodiam wif a traditional system.

Melting under blue skies

Belting out sunlight

Shimmering love

good idea but they're still the typical motodiam wif a traditional system.

do they do Valve clearance job of 4 stroke bikes there?

anybody seen RVFs servicing there anot?? :confused:

Anyone here goes to aik leong motordiam at jurong east st31? the one opposite chinese garden mrt

any motordiam to recommand in jurong/bukit batok area?

Money should never change one's values.Making money is only a report card. It's a way to tell others how you are doing

Date:24th November 2003

Shop Name: Albert Motor

Address: Blk 1008, Bukit Merah Lane

Changing of krr faring and brake pedal

Level of service: 1

Level of knowledge: Unknown

Level of value for money: 1

How happy are you overall? 0

i dun really recommend this shop. it has provided me with very very poor service which i would consider complaining to the authorities. i brought my bike in on monday and the technician promised me that i could get my bike back at latest, thursday (27 nov). i called them up on wednesday hoping it was already ready and they said it wasn't. so i called up the next day only to know that they have not even started working on my bike! reason? spare parts ordered have not arrived. furthermore, their customer service is very poor, of 10 times i called them, 7 times the lady on the phone said she would pass the phone to the technician and after 5 minutes of waiting, i'm still not talking to the technician.

i only got my bike back on saturday (29th nov) after my friend called them up for me and gave them a big scolding. i went down in the afternoon to settle my payment(was told estimated less then 300 and my bill came up to more then 400!) and left my bike there because i was driving the car on that day and i would be busy the whole day. the person offered to leave the bike outside their shop after it have closed so that i would not have to put a parking coupon (this earned them 1 point for service).

so night time came i went to collect my bike and i found that they did not put my handle bar evenly! the left side was higher then my right side! tell me how the technician place the handle bar back and not even test if its straight?! or when they are pushing the bike out of their workshop, won't they notice it? or did they purposely make this because my friend called on behalf of me and f***ed them. another thing was that my fuel tank was totally empty. the last time i pumped my fuel was on saturday and i didn't go out on sunday, so what? they stole my fuel for other bikes? my fuel tank was totally empty and when i on my reserve, my bike was jerking as i rode to the petrol station. i did not change/wash my engine and my repairs were purely on the faring and the skeleton of my bike. so did they get thirsty and drink my petrol?

i'm not sure about the prices of my bike's spare parts but looking at it, its exagerrating. i'll post the total cost below.

bike repair for kawasaki krr

1. Front cowling - $80

2. Lower Cowling RH - $85

3. Lamp Stay - $55

4. Flasher Light RH - $25

5. Pedal Brake - $18

6. Pedal Bracket - $45

7. Front Footrest Rubber - $10

8. Front Footrest - $10

9. RS Footrest Pin - $8

10. Spring Front F/R - $12

11. Clip - $12

12. Bolt Footrest - $8

13. Towing and Labour - $55 ($22 towing $35 labour)

i'll be going back to albert on monday to get my handle bar done. and that will be the last time i'll be going back there.

Shop Name: Hock Kim Leong

Type of service:

From Skipper to super4 to CBR N model to RX-115 (SOld)

Change Tyres, Engine oil and general service

Level of service: 8 ( too crowded, too many bike to service but i Alway have the priorities, hee...)

Level of knowledge: 8 (Only common bike, not for Buell or Harley)

Level of value of money: 10!!!

Overall: 9

Comment:

The bike has always been my old hunt. While riding skipper, search the whole singapore for good bike shop. Found Ah Bee shop. Seem many old friend there. Cost of tyres and engine was found to be cheaper than Ah boy. Been there long enough, you will know that many shop around Singapore, even Ah boy, especially Bt merah shop, always take tyres from Ah bee. Been there change many thing, alway FOC service and stuf is cheaper than Ah Boy. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Car:

Leisure driving and family outing

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Present FC: 11.03km/L

do they do Valve clearance job of 4 stroke bikes there?

anybody seen RVFs servicing there anot?? :confused:

yup they do..saw a cbr 929 there service before, lady rider..fierce man.

Melting under blue skies

Belting out sunlight

Shimmering love

Date:24th November 2003

Shop Name: Albert Motor

Address: Blk 1008, Bukit Merah Lane

Changing of krr faring and brake pedal

Level of service: 1

Level of knowledge: Unknown

Level of value for money: 1

How happy are you overall? 0

i dun really recommend this shop. it has provided me with very very poor service which i would consider complaining to the authorities. i brought my bike in on monday and the technician promised me that i could get my bike back at latest, thursday (27 nov). i called them up on wednesday hoping it was already ready and they said it wasn't. so i called up the next day only to know that they have not even started working on my bike! reason? spare parts ordered have not arrived. furthermore, their customer service is very poor, of 10 times i called them, 7 times the lady on the phone said she would pass the phone to the technician and after 5 minutes of waiting, i'm still not talking to the technician.

i only got my bike back on saturday (29th nov) after my friend called them up for me and gave them a big scolding. i went down in the afternoon to settle my payment(was told estimated less then 300 and my bill came up to more then 400!) and left my bike there because i was driving the car on that day and i would be busy the whole day. the person offered to leave the bike outside their shop after it have closed so that i would not have to put a parking coupon (this earned them 1 point for service).

so night time came i went to collect my bike and i found that they did not put my handle bar evenly! the left side was higher then my right side! tell me how the technician place the handle bar back and not even test if its straight?! or when they are pushing the bike out of their workshop, won't they notice it? or did they purposely make this because my friend called on behalf of me and f***ed them. another thing was that my fuel tank was totally empty. the last time i pumped my fuel was on saturday and i didn't go out on sunday, so what? they stole my fuel for other bikes? my fuel tank was totally empty and when i on my reserve, my bike was jerking as i rode to the petrol station. i did not change/wash my engine and my repairs were purely on the faring and the skeleton of my bike. so did they get thirsty and drink my petrol?

i'm not sure about the prices of my bike's spare parts but looking at it, its exagerrating. i'll post the total cost below.

bike repair for kawasaki krr

1. Front cowling - $80

2. Lower Cowling RH - $85

3. Lamp Stay - $55

4. Flasher Light RH - $25

5. Pedal Brake - $18

6. Pedal Bracket - $45

7. Front Footrest Rubber - $10

8. Front Footrest - $10

9. RS Footrest Pin - $8

10. Spring Front F/R - $12

11. Clip - $12

12. Bolt Footrest - $8

13. Towing and Labour - $55 ($22 towing $35 labour)

i'll be going back to albert on monday to get my handle bar done. and that will be the last time i'll be going back there.

i dun have good impression of this shop too. i bought my wave from them and after u signed the agreement with them they almost ignore u when u go back. but their trade in value is pretty high

Apr '99 - Jun '00 --- TZR125

Jun '00 - May '01 --- Chauffeured by SBS & TIBS drivers

May '01 - May '02 --- Skipper125

May'02 - Nov '03 --- Steed400(VLX in VSE clothing)

Nov '03 - May '05 --- Wave125

Nov '06 - .......... --- Rebel125

Guest messenger

had a SUPER BAD experience with L***S motor. the one in kaki bukit.

bought my bike. collect my bike last wednesday..

they promise to do one servicing before handing over to me.

BUT

problem #1:

from kaki bukit ride to serangoon, engine temp almost hit 3/4 !!! i'm travelling like avg 80km/h..

problem #2:

whenever i kick to 1st gear, my engine CONFIRM stall. clutch plate FINISH LIAO also never bother to change 1 2nd for me.. :sian:

problem #3:

on thursday i cannot even start my engine.. coz batt too WEAK!!!

what the hack !!i did a run start and went straight back the motor shop.

push back my bike ON THURSDAY(TOOK MY BIKE ON WEDNESDAY)!!

want to tok to other mech, but all of them refer me to tok to AH PIAO.

told me wont charge me on workmanship.. on parts that i need to change.

i said how can! even u consider wear and tear, i havent even ride my bike more then 40km leh !!!!

then he say ok, i change 2nd hand for you. okay, i also told him to check the batt, change coolen and must find a 2nd clutch plate for me.

promise to call me back on either sat or mon.

i call back on sat, he say havent start doing yet.. :mad:

i call back on monday, still say havent start doing yet... :mad: :mad:

what the F*** didnt even bother to call me...

i call back on TUE around 2pm!!! said some parts fixed already ... still have some other small small stuffs need to touch up.

ah piao called back around 4pm said okay! can collect bike liao, need to pay $120 !!!! WHAT THE F***

i called at 2pm he never tell me anything..now say going to charge me 120.. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ask him what he did for the 120 charge. change float needle.. i call and ask one motorshop, charging $72 for 4 needles(1 for $18) for my bike. wao lao aye.. kena CHOP jialat jialat.

change a 2nd clutch plate going to spoil soon anyway. coolen never change.

check the batt, 11.8v sooo weak !!! ask him change change, say still can work wat. till now i'm SO PISSED LIAO

ask him how come outside change needle only 72 you charge me 120.

he said" coz when we buy the stuff, its expensive mah"

KNN

he bought one needle for $30 AH !!!

things i ask him to do, he never do. didnt ask him to change needle, he change without my knowing and charged me $120!!!

I SWEAR TO MYSELF I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: NEVER !!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

had a SUPER BAD experience with L***S motor. the one in kaki bukit.

bought my bike. collect my bike last wednesday..

they promise to do one servicing before handing over to me.

BUT

problem #1:

from kaki bukit ride to serangoon, engine temp almost hit 3/4 !!! i'm travelling like avg 80km/h..

problem #2:

whenever i kick to 1st gear, my engine CONFIRM stall. clutch plate FINISH LIAO also never bother to change 1 2nd for me.. :sian:

problem #3:

on thursday i cannot even start my engine.. coz batt too WEAK!!!

what the hack !!i did a run start and went straight back the motor shop.

push back my bike ON THURSDAY(TOOK MY BIKE ON WEDNESDAY)!!

want to tok to other mech, but all of them refer me to tok to AH PIAO.

told me wont charge me on workmanship.. on parts that i need to change.

i said how can! even u consider wear and tear, i havent even ride my bike more then 40km leh !!!!

then he say ok, i change 2nd hand for you. okay, i also told him to check the batt, change coolen and must find a 2nd clutch plate for me.

promise to call me back on either sat or mon.

i call back on sat, he say havent start doing yet.. :mad:

i call back on monday, still say havent start doing yet... :mad: :mad:

what the F*** didnt even bother to call me...

i call back on TUE around 2pm!!! said some parts fixed already ... still have some other small small stuffs need to touch up.

ah piao called back around 4pm said okay! can collect bike liao, need to pay $120 !!!! WHAT THE F***

i called at 2pm he never tell me anything..now say going to charge me 120.. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ask him what he did for the 120 charge. change float needle.. i call and ask one motorshop, charging $72 for 4 needles(1 for $18) for my bike. wao lao aye.. kena CHOP jialat jialat.

change a 2nd clutch plate going to spoil soon anyway. coolen never change.

check the batt, 11.8v sooo weak !!! ask him change change, say still can work wat. till now i'm SO PISSED LIAO

ask him how come outside change needle only 72 you charge me 120.

he said" coz when we buy the stuff, its expensive mah"

KNN

he bought one needle for $30 AH !!!

things i ask him to do, he never do. didnt ask him to change needle, he change without my knowing and charged me $120!!!

I SWEAR TO MYSELF I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: NEVER !!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

woah dat bad? tot they were quite trustworthy..

Melting under blue skies

Belting out sunlight

Shimmering love

Guest messenger

woah dat bad? tot they were quite trustworthy..

i dunno ... :cry:

juz feel i'm like a cow kena SLAUGHTED jialat jialat..

tmd.. nv going back liao. :mad:

hmm..is there not 1 motordiam that sells honest bikes to customers? or is buying bikes in singapore like playing the lottery?

its really too hard to judge already, sometimes its scary

Got lah, me,loh. When I sell my used bikes CBR, GSX to the next buyer I totally re-conditioned the entire bike. But I no mototiam I do re-condition as a hobby. :D

So you see, there is no such thing as a HONEST motortiam in Singapore!

They are just shit heads working in a industry with shit working conditions!! ;)

Hi,

I would like to feedback on 2 motor shops.

This is based on my recent experience of buying a class2 bike.

My first choice was a big well known dealer that many people have bought their bikes from, housed in a multi-storey building. It has a team of sales person to handle bike sales.

I wanted a colour which they don't have. The sales person promised me the bike with the colour I want would arrive in 2-3 week's time because it is now clearing custom and asked me to put a deposit for it.

I asked to put in black and white in the sale agreement that it would take 2-3 weeks as he said. The sales person is hesitant to do so.

I was then on the verge of putting a deposit when my wife asked me to wait 2-3 weeks until the bike is in the show room, then I come down and buy. Reluctantly, I walked away and gave the sales person my tel no and reminded him to call me once the bike is in or he hears any progress of the bike clearing the custom.

After that, I called the sales person every week to ask if the bike is in already or the bike has cleared the custom. The sales person always said he would check and call me back. But he never did.

But I called every week to follow up and after 3-4 weeks, I gave up.

Fortunately, for me, I listened to my wife and never put down the deposit. The bike shop never called me back once. It was always me who called them. Till now (2 mths), they still never called me. I wondered if I had put the deposit, what would happened to me now?

Lesson learnt: Beware of sales tactics, even from a big clean impressive looking reputed bike company.

While waiting for the reply from the bike shop above, I went to other bike shops. I visited Looi's Motor and chatted to their Manager Mr Lee. They had the bike that I wanted to buy at 1., but it wasn't my preferred colour. So I didn't want to buy from them.

I just browsed around their new bikes and was not interested in buying from them and did not want to show that I was thinking of buying a bike, because I was waiting for 1.

So I chat to Mr Lee for quite a while about anything but buying a bike from him.

From the conversation, my personal opinion is that he does business more for long term than to close an immediate sale. Service is important to him. He is passionate about biking, even at his "uncle" age. He even organise bike touring trips for his customers. If he is one who cheats his customers frequently, how is he going to face them if he organise such tours?

We ended the conversation and he invited me to in hokkien, "when free, come and sit" meaning when free, drop by and chat to him, no obligations.

I secretly convert the mechanic service of Looi's since my mind was thinking of buying my bike from 1.

Loo's mechanic is housed on the ground floor. It is clean, spacious and well kept. I didn't know about their service standard yet but for a start, to service big bikes, especially one with full fairings like the one I'm thinking of buying, lots of space is needed. The last thing I want is that my bike gets scratched accidentally by people moving about and mechanics working in a confined space.

I asked the mechanic there if I can bring my bike there to service. He replied they only service their own customers' bike.

After several weeks of waiting for nothing for 1., I was, without choice but to go to Looi's to buy their bike which is not my preferred colour.

I spot to Mr Lee again and very quickly, he agreed to match the price 1. gave me. So I bought from him.

He gave me some extras like extended warranty of 6 mths. So I was happy and left after putting a deposit.

A few days' later, I returned to collect the bike and went to their admin floor (5th level) to pay and complete the rest of the paper work.

Their admin staff gave me a warranty booklet. But the warranty booklet only state 3 mths or 3,000 km, which ever the earlier. I told the admin that Mr Lee promised me 6 mths. The admin staff did not quite believed me so they called Mr Lee to check.

In my mind, I scolded myself that I should have got everything in writing and not accept verbal promises.

So I was presently surprised when they said, ok, 6 mths. So Mr Lee honoured his verbal promise to me.

Then I thought, what is the use if it is 6 mths and it is still 3,000 km? So I asked the admin staff can extend the km or not? The admin staff again looked at me and called Mr Lee again.

Again, I scolded myself for not clarifying this in advanced. I was hoping that since they doubled my period from 3 to 6 mths, they should give me 6,000 km.

The admin staff then proceed to give me 10,000 km.

I was very happy with my sale with Looi's because they gave me a fair deal and they honoured their verbal promises, unlike 1.

The bonus I got was that, now I can use their mechanic services which I convert from the beginning.

Since then, I have gone back to them for my first servicing.

As it is a simple operation compared to bike repairs, I am unable to comment on their skill.

But their mechanic staff is polite (I noticed Ah Meng doesn't like to talk much, he just do his mechanic things). And my bike got serviced fairly quickly (maybe that day they had less bikes to do).

Mr Lee still continues to chat to me and did not display the attitude of "now that the sale is over, you are no longer important".

From my personal experience of having shop at two bike shops, I would stronly recommend Looi's motor.

However, there are certain limitations that I observe:

a. Looi's Motor has less bikes on hand than 1. And because they are more honest, they are less aggressive than 1 and do not promise you everything you want. So 1. may still get higher bike sales than Looi's and you may not be able to find a bike you want in their current stock.

b. Looi's Motor clean, spacious mechanic facility is available only if you buy from them.

c. I must say their admin staff appears to be less friendly than Mr Lee.

d. I am not sure if they are the lowest price in terms of bike price and services.So if you are looking for the cheapest, they may not be it.

e. Most of their bike stocks are class 2 and 2a types.

If you value long-term reliable service and relationship with your supplier and mechanic, then perhaps you should consider Looi's Motor.

29 Mar:

2009 Yamaha FZ1 Fazer Owner's Review

loudexhaust.blogspot.com

www.RiderAsia.com Safety site for motorcycle riders

Guest messenger
Hi,

I would like to feedback on 2 motor shops.

This is based on my recent experience of buying a class2 bike.

My first choice was a big well known dealer that many people have bought their bikes from, housed in a multi-storey building. It has a team of sales person to handle bike sales.

I wanted a colour which they don't have. The sales person promised me the bike with the colour I want would arrive in 2-3 week's time because it is now clearing custom and asked me to put a deposit for it.

I asked to put in black and white in the sale agreement that it would take 2-3 weeks as he said. The sales person is hesitant to do so.

I was then on the verge of putting a deposit when my wife asked me to wait 2-3 weeks until the bike is in the show room, then I come down and buy. Reluctantly, I walked away and gave the sales person my tel no and reminded him to call me once the bike is in or he hears any progress of the bike clearing the custom.

After that, I called the sales person every week to ask if the bike is in already or the bike has cleared the custom. The sales person always said he would check and call me back. But he never did.

But I called every week to follow up and after 3-4 weeks, I gave up.

Fortunately, for me, I listened to my wife and never put down the deposit. The bike shop never called me back once. It was always me who called them. Till now (2 mths), they still never called me. I wondered if I had put the deposit, what would happened to me now?

Lesson learnt: Beware of sales tactics, even from a big clean impressive looking reputed bike company.

While waiting for the reply from the bike shop above, I went to other bike shops. I visited Looi's Motor and chatted to their Manager Mr Lee. They had the bike that I wanted to buy at 1., but it wasn't my preferred colour. So I didn't want to buy from them.

I just browsed around their new bikes and was not interested in buying from them and did not want to show that I was thinking of buying a bike, because I was waiting for 1.

So I chat to Mr Lee for quite a while about anything but buying a bike from him.

From the conversation, my personal opinion is that he does business more for long term than to close an immediate sale. Service is important to him. He is passionate about biking, even at his "uncle" age. He even organise bike touring trips for his customers. If he is one who cheats his customers frequently, how is he going to face them if he organise such tours?

We ended the conversation and he invited me to in hokkien, "when free, come and sit" meaning when free, drop by and chat to him, no obligations.

I secretly convert the mechanic service of Looi's since my mind was thinking of buying my bike from 1.

Loo's mechanic is housed on the ground floor. It is clean, spacious and well kept. I didn't know about their service standard yet but for a start, to service big bikes, especially one with full fairings like the one I'm thinking of buying, lots of space is needed. The last thing I want is that my bike gets scratched accidentally by people moving about and mechanics working in a confined space.

I asked the mechanic there if I can bring my bike there to service. He replied they only service their own customers' bike.

After several weeks of waiting for nothing for 1., I was, without choice but to go to Looi's to buy their bike which is not my preferred colour.

I spot to Mr Lee again and very quickly, he agreed to match the price 1. gave me. So I bought from him.

He gave me some extras like extended warranty of 6 mths. So I was happy and left after putting a deposit.

A few days' later, I returned to collect the bike and went to their admin floor (5th level) to pay and complete the rest of the paper work.

Their admin staff gave me a warranty booklet. But the warranty booklet only state 3 mths or 3,000 km, which ever the earlier. I told the admin that Mr Lee promised me 6 mths. The admin staff did not quite believed me so they called Mr Lee to check.

In my mind, I scolded myself that I should have got everything in writing and not accept verbal promises.

So I was presently surprised when they said, ok, 6 mths. So Mr Lee honoured his verbal promise to me.

Then I thought, what is the use if it is 6 mths and it is still 3,000 km? So I asked the admin staff can extend the km or not? The admin staff again looked at me and called Mr Lee again.

Again, I scolded myself for not clarifying this in advanced. I was hoping that since they doubled my period from 3 to 6 mths, they should give me 6,000 km.

The admin staff then proceed to give me 10,000 km.

I was very happy with my sale with Looi's because they gave me a fair deal and they honoured their verbal promises, unlike 1.

The bonus I got was that, now I can use their mechanic services which I convert from the beginning.

Since then, I have gone back to them for my first servicing.

As it is a simple operation compared to bike repairs, I am unable to comment on their skill.

But their mechanic staff is polite (I noticed Ah Meng doesn't like to talk much, he just do his mechanic things). And my bike got serviced fairly quickly (maybe that day they had less bikes to do).

Mr Lee still continues to chat to me and did not display the attitude of "now that the sale is over, you are no longer important".

From my personal experience of having shop at two bike shops, I would stronly recommend Looi's motor.

However, there are certain limitations that I observe:

a. Looi's Motor has less bikes on hand than 1. And because they are more honest, they are less aggressive than 1 and do not promise you everything you want. So 1. may still get higher bike sales than Looi's and you may not be able to find a bike you want in their current stock.

b. Looi's Motor clean, spacious mechanic facility is available only if you buy from them.

c. I must say their admin staff appears to be less friendly than Mr Lee.

d. I am not sure if they are the lowest price in terms of bike price and services.So if you are looking for the cheapest, they may not be it.

e. Most of their bike stocks are class 2 and 2a types.

If you value long-term reliable service and relationship with your supplier and mechanic, then perhaps you should consider Looi's Motor.

i didnt get a first hand bike.. i got myself a 2nd.

got it from another guy, malay. whom i didnt which to mention name here.

well he promised he do very things properly before handing over to me.

well .. after i collect, everything juz dun seem to be the way.

the mech keep claiming that this is 2nd bike. sure got wear and tear...

i understand the word WEAR AND TEAR thoroughly.

but just 1day after i collect my bike.. clutch plate finish. batt flat. bah bah bah bah

i collected my bike last wed. till now!! i havent even travelled 90km with it. and i paid $120 for it. BLEAH !!!

if you consider that wear and tear on my part, why dun they sell me the engine onlY?? and said the rest of the parts already weared and torn. :mad:

well, if someone were to say that its the mech fault.. not the salesperson.

SO SOMETHING MUST HAVE WENT VERY WRONG ON THEIR MANGEMENT PART.

why??? mangement lvl allow workers to set double standard?? :mad:

to some that might be a very honest shop.

but what had happened to me, how do i dare to TRUST them again??

i'm posting this coz i dun want another person to kena chopped like me.

maybe those who go down with friends whom they know the mech and the sales person, they might get a good deal. i dunno ...

if buying bikes are like gambling which depends fully on LUCK, i think singapore's bike industry failed THOROUGHLY