SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

How do u shake off tail-gaters?

ruriimasu

I was a lil pissed today... A huge lorry was tailgating me while i was minding my own business along PIE in lane 3 with a reasonable distance behind a van. Traffic was heavy but smooth. The bugger kept inching forward despite me flashing tail light. All this while the van was slowing down as the traffic got heavier and this huge lorry (those long long type) was coming so close i could hear his brakes screeching everytime i flash my tail light. Switched on my hazard lights... That only kept him back to 1 second rule distance for a couple seconds... and he was onto me again... Was afraid if one of those times his screeching brakes fail or he's inattentive.. i would be crushed between him and the van... Geez... Eventually open my Vtech and lane split. It seems travelling leisurely is a crime on Singapore roads... even on the slowest lanes... you just get tailgated by another group of people... Lorry driver eventually was using lane 1 or a 3 lane major road, Jalan Eunos... speeding across a junction. Ba*tard, may your son or daughter get tailgated by someone like you and something happens.

i can totally understand the situation u r in. i kena many times b4. i like to ride slowly like 65km/hr on lane 3. surely kena tailgate. esp those lorries.

most of the time i just pick up and overtake the front van. so now the van is between me and the lorry. only den, u will see the lorry stop tailgating. sometimes i wonder.. surely some of his family members surely riding bikes.. y cant he just give us some peace.

i think overtake the van oso no use.. cos if the dumb lorry driver inch too far ahead or knocks into the van, biker in front gets bump too.. as long as bikes r inbetween vehicles in tight situations, bikers will alwaz be in disadvantage n still be blamed as dangerous road users by media n TP. road users just have to be more considerate.. i wonder where did those 2 sec rule go to nowadays :sian:

next time i sure want to drive a dirty rusty beat up old truck.. then paint on the tail-board.. I have claimed insurance on 99 tail-gaters. Are you the 100th? :cheeky:

2003-04 - Phantom TA 150

2006-06 - NSR 125

2006-07 - X9 180

2007 - Bajaj Pulsar :D

Need to BARTER or SELL off used or new items? rollingeggs.com

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fwah... duesexmachina... 20% attention to lane splitting and 80% looking at chio bu in the car... You must have been lane splitting for a long time. Its only this year that I'm actively lane splitting on every ride on the expressway, after a trip to Melecca on the NSH that got me more used to high speed riding. So... Me 90% attention to lane splitting... 10% daydreamng. Hehe... Leisurely lane splitting slowly... Hmm... That may involve staying in between vehicles at a longer stretch of time? Actually if traffic is light and smooth no need to lane split la... I only do it in heavy traffic or when disturbed by others.

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

i think overtake the van oso no use.. cos if the dumb lorry driver inch too far ahead or knocks into the van, biker in front gets bump too.. as long as bikes r inbetween vehicles in tight situations, bikers will alwaz be in disadvantage n still be blamed as dangerous road users by media n TP. road users just have to be more considerate.. i wonder where did those 2 sec rule go to nowadays :sian:

Eh.. Overtake the van by lane splitting is in fact the only move I've got thats got use... Short of going onto the emergency lane and pretend my bike broke down. Honestly, i don't really care if the lorry go bang the van. Thats not my business. My business is to make sure the lorry doesn't go over me each time his sorry brakes go screeching. As for lane splitting, i honestly find it more peaceful and easier to "box driving" during heavy traffic. Driving like a car without lane splitting in heavy traffic exposes a rider to a lot of nonsense from drivers when they do not have the chance to overtake. But as many will agree, its easier on at least 2A bikes. I used to have to drop gear, high rev n throw clutch for power surge on the nsr150. And again, lane splitting doesn't have to be reckless and dangerous. THe media and TP are misguided.

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

fwah... duesexmachina... 20% attention to lane splitting and 80% looking at chio bu in the car... You must have been lane splitting for a long time. Its only this year that I'm actively lane splitting on every ride on the expressway, after a trip to Melecca on the NSH that got me more used to high speed riding. So... Me 90% attention to lane splitting... 10% daydreamng. Hehe... Leisurely lane splitting slowly... Hmm... That may involve staying in between vehicles at a longer stretch of time? Actually if traffic is light and smooth no need to lane split la... I only do it in heavy traffic or when disturbed by others.

LOL. That was an example. I usually use 40% on traffic, another 40% scanning for TP and cameras, and the remaining 20% daydreaming or thinking abt what to eat next.

BTW, leisurely lane splitting doesn't mean staying in between vehicles. You can match traffic speed, then when there's a gap you just squirt thru with a quick twist of your right wrist. Or u can just maintain a 10-20kph speed advantage if there's ample space all the way. It's a breeze once u get the hang of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

Traffic conditions can be very dynamic sometimes. Generally, I'd rather focus on what is ahead than what is behind. Regardless of which lane or at what speed, if the situation is to my disadvanatge, ie if i could get hurt, there's only one course of action....GET OUT. Usually, that just means: check clear, signal, open up throttle abit more, then pull away.

Ultimately, the road is not a place for tantrums and silly pride.

DO. Or DO NOT. There is no TRY.

Traffic conditions can be very dynamic sometimes. Generally, I'd rather focus on what is ahead than what is behind. Regardless of which lane or at what speed, if the situation is to my disadvanatge, ie if i could get hurt, there's only one course of action....GET OUT. Usually, that just means: check clear, signal, open up throttle abit more, then pull away.

Ultimately, the road is not a place for tantrums and silly pride.

Well said!

It is better to keep quiet and remain a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubts...

• 3 weeks later...
i can totally understand the situation u r in. i kena many times b4. i like to ride slowly like 65km/hr on lane 3. surely kena tailgate. esp those lorries.

most of the time i just pick up and overtake the front van. so now the van is between me and the lorry. only den, u will see the lorry stop tailgating. sometimes i wonder.. surely some of his family members surely riding bikes.. y cant he just give us some peace.

Very true.... they will only tailgate bikers most of the time... when you 'escaped' and look back you'll see them stop.... :angry:

Same with those road hoggers on the extreme right lane, they see bikers behind most of the time bochup, after you used the middle lane to overtake, you'll see them changing to the middle, cos there is a car behind....

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

And I wonder why riders here can't just switch lane and let the tailgater go by....

what if at the most left lane, kena tail gate..ride at road shoulder? .....

suggestion; customised sticker to paste at the rear which read:

this bike gets involved into accidents everyday, stay away!

what if at the most left lane, kena tail gate..ride at road shoulder? .....

suggestion; customised sticker to paste at the rear which read:

this bike gets involved into accidents everyday, stay away!

If someone tailsgate you on the extreme left lane.... you move right and let him by! He may be looking to filter or exit left ahead.

If he sticks behind you, then too bad. It's just your day to meet an arsehole on the road. I'm referring to normal circumstances... but what you have here is an extraordinary situation.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg