SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

How do u shake off tail-gaters?

ruriimasu

Tap means just to light up the rear brake. no slowing down of speed

yeah..tat's wat i'm trying to say :)

Sh|nHwA-

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/shinhwa86/Untitled-2.jpg

1986 (Apr)-2005 (Jun): BMW-Turbo (Bus, Mrt, Walk, Turbo Taxi)

2005 (Jun - 2006 (Jul): Honda 150SP

2006 (Jul) - 2013 (Feb): Honda CB400 S4 Spec II.3 (Type R)

2013 (Feb) - ???? : Yamaha FZ1N

♂♀ Loners - Dare To Ride Alone

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just let the tailgating vehicle pass. There is no point risking your life trying to "punish" him. Besides, if he is tailgating a bike, he is likely to speed once you let him pass. The TP laser cameras ahead will catch him - instead of you!

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

Just let him pass..But only do so if it is safe enough for you to move on to the next lane which is the second lane..I've ever encountered a car tailgatin me and all the lanes are occupied..Thought of changin lane but it wasn't safe to do so as the other car on the next lane is just about right next to me..Moved up closer to the car n fron and the car at the back covered the empty space..High beamed at me and I was like WTF?! How to move when I'm already so close to the car in front? Signalled left to move out but the driver on the left did nothin o let me change lane..It feel like they're gangin up on me to box me in the centre..Moved a bit to the left of the right lane and suddenly the car at the back squeezed on my right..And this time I was like WTF?! Looked at the driver but he won't even wanna turn around..Slowed down my speed a bit to get into a safer position before speedin past all the cars..And makin sure the driver/car is out of my sight..

I won't recommend doin such a thing but I could think of nothin else except to get as far far away from the driver/car as possible..

09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

dont know why i yet to experience any tailgaters..?? i think i'm just travelling too fast on the e'way that cars let me instead of i let them..? lol..

Coz you lacer..:cheeky:

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

Guys.. just wondering how do u shake off tail-gaters. I always kena tailed gate on PIE even if I sped up to 120km/h they also sped up to match, then even when at 120km those blardy drivers just left me abt 4-5m of space!!! i ride a scooter so when cornering i cant go that fast n need to slow down. but with 4-5m spacing.. how to slow down? then want to change lane also difficult.. almost got into several accidents bcos of such inconsiderate a**h**s. then i thot of this.. got once a taxi tailed gate me about 5m also i was at 90km then sped up to 110 to shake him off but he kept up to my speed. i became angry n put up hazard light.. scared the sh*t out of him n he slowed like 20m away... :angel: just like to know your various methods to shake off such guys.

if you are on the first lane, you should give way to faster vehicles, unless you are in a jam.

if you are on the first lane and no car directly infront of you. I consider that road hogging

For you O Lord, will bless the righteous; with favor You shall surround him as with a shield. Psalm 5:12

singaporeans all the same one lah... all feel that once they are traveling at speed limit, they are entitled to hog the lanes...

they should just name the lanes from left to right... SH, 3, 2, 1, OT (overtaking).

if everyone drive at 90km/h.... singapore roads hong kan liao....

'Il rettilineo è una tortura'

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj279/refugeeforum/transport0055cy6.gif ...... http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj279/refugeeforum/transport011.gif

Hehe.. actually ah, sometimes i love those road hoggers, but after i pass them lah. When i squeeze past them and go back to lane 1, i get a little bit of tailgator-free riding. Cause its harder for the cars to overtake the tailgator. And... The hogger can hold off the tailgators for me for a while while i build a lead and get to empty spaces before the tailgators catch up. :cheeky:

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

yeah..tat's wat i'm trying to say :)

eeeh... tap wun slow down the bike meh? :sweat:

and to many others.. like i said.. i gladly and want to give way if got chance, but most times if they stay too close i oso hard to give way mah...

next time i sure want to drive a dirty rusty beat up old truck.. then paint on the tail-board.. I have claimed insurance on 99 tail-gaters. Are you the 100th? :cheeky:

2003-04 - Phantom TA 150

2006-06 - NSR 125

2006-07 - X9 180

2007 - Bajaj Pulsar :D

Need to BARTER or SELL off used or new items? rollingeggs.com

eeeh... tap wun slow down the bike meh? :sweat:

and to many others.. like i said.. i gladly and want to give way if got chance, but most times if they stay too close i oso hard to give way mah...

use the front brake lah..press abit it won't brake but it will light up the brake light mah..get wat i mean mah? or do u wan mi to show u on the road? hahaha :cheeky:

Sh|nHwA-

whatever stunt u pull out to the car. the losing end will be yourself cause ur on the bike n the guy/ger is in the car. when the car knock u dead the most is jail terms. pretty light for (man slaughter). whenever someone do tat to u just think of ur families n frens. they always wanna u home safely. getting out of the way wun make u die. but getting in the way would. so ride safe ppl. seen too mani fatal accidents reported in the papers. :cheers:

use the front brake lah..press abit it won't brake but it will light up the brake light mah..get wat i mean mah? or do u wan mi to show u on the road? hahaha :cheeky:

if tap too light cannot confirm got brake light.. muz tap till got feel then can confirm got brake light ley.. but then think langar liao.. :lol:

next time i sure want to drive a dirty rusty beat up old truck.. then paint on the tail-board.. I have claimed insurance on 99 tail-gaters. Are you the 100th? :cheeky:

2003-04 - Phantom TA 150

2006-06 - NSR 125

2006-07 - X9 180

2007 - Bajaj Pulsar :D

Need to BARTER or SELL off used or new items? rollingeggs.com

if tap too light cannot confirm got brake light.. muz tap till got feel then can confirm got brake light ley.. but then think langar liao.. :lol:

means ur brake got prob liao..no prob for mi..go check wif ur mech ba :cheeky:

Sh|nHwA-

wun leh.. u tap ur rear brake super light oso wun really brake until mah onli shows the light..??

Tap the brake won't slow down la..Can adjust to make it that when u press a bit (tap) brake light come out already but brakes haven't yet touch..Press more then the brakes touch la..You lacer where got use tail lights..For show only rite? :cheeky: So once press sure must slow down one la..Ahaha..

Still think tailgaters not too bad..The cars/wheicle that overtakes/changes lane while in front of you in a bend is..

I dont have a very powerful bike so i usually ride on the extreme left lane of expressways at around 60-80km/hr.

Often get tail gated by buses/lorries/vans. Sometimes they are really close but i cant speed away even if i wanted to. I cant let them pass either unless i go onto the road shoulder.

Usually they get fed up and overtake me dangerously on the right, forcing me to slow down or avoid them as they cut back into my lane.

I dont consider myself to be road hogging, as i am already on the slowest lane.

Really feel that the TP should spend more time and on equipment to penalise those who speed and drive dangerously.

Tap the brake won't slow down la..Can adjust to make it that when u press a bit (tap) brake light come out already but brakes haven't yet touch..Press more then the brakes touch la..You lacer where got use tail lights..For show only rite? :cheeky: So once press sure must slow down one la..Ahaha..

Still think tailgaters not too bad..The cars/wheicle that overtakes/changes lane while in front of you in a bend is..

btw i no taillight one.. so once i tap brake the brake light appear.. ahah.. disturb tailgater damn fun but pls do it in a safe way..

Lousy Noob Rider

Open. Throttle.

Open throttle no use with smaller bike.

o_O

I used to have the 125cc and once u hit the Sheares Bridge, the speed will go down from 80km/h, 75km/h....... 70km/h.... sometimes 65km/h. :angry:

Mind you, this is with full throttle.....:faint:

I have made sure subsequent bike are at least 400cc.....:cool:

btw i no taillight one.. so once i tap brake the brake light appear.. ahah.. disturb tailgater damn fun but pls do it in a safe way..

I say already..You lacer la..No tail light..:cheeky:

I will just siam and pray got a TP camping further up the road can liao.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7641/54688861td1.jpg

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~

I am slow please don't bully me.