SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

How do u shake off tail-gaters?

ruriimasu

Take out some stones from my jacket's pocket. Put it at my shoulder. Let go.
Sometimes I really feel like doing this. Been in this situation, at lane 1 following behind a car at a reasonable distance at 100KPH. Car from behind come up and horn the car in front with me in middle. Car in front dun want to give way and on wiper wash...Then I tio shampoo and got to siam fast and let the 2 cars fight it out. Hiaz... If I only have stones in my pocket that time to make some impression on the front car's windscreen...o_O

It is better to keep quiet and remain a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubts...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good idea!! think i'll go store some stones behind my headlight for emergency..

[CENTER][IMG]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t148/binkaz11/1_980549729l.jpg[/IMG] [I][B][FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Wooo HoOOoOooooo~[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER]

If you throw stone, later that fellow get a big shock and swerve to the left and kanna a fellow rider how?

:sian:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

at 1st lane, i will give way. at 2nd lane i dun give a damn as i wouldnt go to the 3rd lane. if got traffic, i will go to the front, let the tailgater admire others backside as mine is too nice for the tailgater.

in sg, sound fast look fast is enough. run fast fine fast die fast.

Eh RollinMao, seriously, you tried the stone stunt ah? I heard people doing it. my friend say just simulating throwing stone but actually never throw is enough to cause them to back off. Can crack their windshield or cause a spider web crack on it ma. The onyl reason I dun try this stone stunt is... Some other rider may ride over the stone i threw and then... Kerbum.... I will probably never know, but i dun want to live with that possibility.

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

Super 4s have no problem shaking off tailgater.

2b bikes does have a problem. It's advicable to get a min 2a bike for safety reasons, last time i ride phantom 200, thats why i know.

Bike underpower, ride like a fish in wet weather, brakes also not powerful and always kenna tailgate by taxi/bmw/mercs/mazda/toyota/nissans/honda/lorry/bus/super 4s/R1/GSXR1000/ZX10R/CBR1000RR/R6/CBR600RR/ZX6R/u name it, u get it.... haizzz

good idea!! think i'll go store some stones behind my headlight for emergency..
Think of it will do. Pls don't do it although the idea of doing it is very nice...I still think backing out of their way is the best. People are rushing for time so let them pass... My case is that I sway just happen to be blocked by a car and followed by a impatient car...

It is better to keep quiet and remain a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubts...

2b bikes does have a problem. It's advicable to get a min 2a bike for safety reasons, last time i ride phantom 200, thats why i know.

Bike underpower, ride like a fish in wet weather, brakes also not powerful and always kenna tailgate by taxi/bmw/mercs/mazda/toyota/nissans/honda/lorry/bus/super 4s/R1/GSXR1000/ZX10R/CBR1000RR/R6/CBR600RR/ZX6R/u name it, u get it.... haizzz

I ride tua gu also always kena tailgate by kup kia leh... :p

Think of it will do. Pls don't do it although the idea of doing it is very nice...I still think backing out of their way is the best. People are rushing for time so let them pass... My case is that I sway just happen to be blocked by a car and followed by a impatient car...

haha..den consider tat tailgater sway lohz..if he still continue to high beam or honk u..juz sit up straight & show him tat u also cannot pass..den he also LL wat..

for mi..if i c ambulance at the back..i'll zoom between the cars & high beam the drivers & ask the to make way..dun hog the road & cost a life or wat :dot:

Sh|nHwA-

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/shinhwa86/Untitled-2.jpg

1986 (Apr)-2005 (Jun): BMW-Turbo (Bus, Mrt, Walk, Turbo Taxi)

2005 (Jun - 2006 (Jul): Honda 150SP

2006 (Jul) - 2013 (Feb): Honda CB400 S4 Spec II.3 (Type R)

2013 (Feb) - ???? : Yamaha FZ1N

♂♀ Loners - Dare To Ride Alone

i wud be glad to let them pass.. but they dun give me chance to let them pass.. everytime i open up they closed in :angry:

Opening up is not considered "let them pass".... you're just challenging them to move faster.

Here's a hint: Switch to another lane.... a slower lane... and let them go by.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

Depends on what 2B bikes I guess..

09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

Ya... Depends on what 2B bike. NSR also can shake off tailgator quite easily. Drop gear, high rev throw clutch got quite a bit of power leh. I used to do that. Only now on the super4 can let go the clutch and rev at the same time, and more stable while I'm at it.

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

Still think tailgaters not too bad..The cars/wheicle that overtakes/changes lane while in front of you in a bend is..

yup agree with u.. once an idiot driver overtook me at a bend n slowed down by like about 20km n my horn was like screaming till almost popped out then heng heng siam the vehicle by abt 30cm n when moved past it was an auntie driver in it who looked at me with bo chap face.. :angry:

hmm.. i thot of that too.. not only when riding.. but oso when i cross road n some c*cky driver or rider juz bo chap my life n try to run over me even when im crossing zebra crossing or green man :angel:

next time i sure want to drive a dirty rusty beat up old truck.. then paint on the tail-board.. I have claimed insurance on 99 tail-gaters. Are you the 100th? :cheeky:

2003-04 - Phantom TA 150

2006-06 - NSR 125

2006-07 - X9 180

2007 - Bajaj Pulsar :D

Need to BARTER or SELL off used or new items? rollingeggs.com

please exercise some common sense, the 1st lane is for overtaking. if someone closes in on you regardless of what speed you're in, just switch to the 2nd lane and let him pass. all that braking/ riding slowly on purpose to piss drivers off just give us riders a bad name.

That's the most intelligent post I've read on the subject here. As a member of some local car forums, I can tell you that the subject of bikers hogging the outer and 2nd lanes, travellling below the speed limit, is regularly discussed, because it is seen as a source of irritation to other road users. I try my best to defend bikers by stating the obvious points of view (and have gotten heat for it), but we should all be objective and follow the advice posted above.

:cool:

That's the most intelligent post I've read on the subject here. As a member of some local car forums, I can tell you that the subject of bikers hogging the outer and 2nd lanes, travellling below the speed limit, is regularly discussed, because it is seen as a source of irritation to other road users. I try my best to defend bikers by stating the obvious points of view (and have gotten heat for it), but we should all be objective and follow the advice posted above.

True, but did it occur to you that the person who was the threadstarter and posted the initial post could be a trouble maker himself. That is to say, he knows he is being tailed or a car is getting close to him from the rear and he is purposely going slow or keep hogging the lane?

Personally, I meet these type of riders everyday. They hog when they are squeezing lanes, they hog when they are on expressway, they hog when they can go to a slower lane.

To me , I can see they know they are being tailed very closely and they purposely just keep to their supposed lane instead of giving way or move to a slower lane.

The worst, rider riding slowly while riding on the dotted line marking when all the lane is cleared! This really pissed me off when I'm driving. You don't even know when the bike will shifted back into the lane. In the end have to overtake by one lane.

True, but did it occur to you that the person who was the threadstarter and posted the initial post could be a trouble maker himself. That is to say, he knows he is being tailed or a car is getting close to him from the rear and he is purposely going slow or keep hogging the lane?

Personally, I meet these type of riders everyday. They hog when they are squeezing lanes, they hog when they are on expressway, they hog when they can go to a slower lane.

To me , I can see they know they are being tailed very closely and they purposely just keep to their supposed lane instead of giving way or move to a slower lane.

hmm.. me threadstarter.. o_O but me not hogging.. im sure those who were in my situation understood me. was overtaking on 1st lane cud not get back to 2nd lane.. anyway i dun mean 1st lane only.. other lanes also experienced this mah.. dun label me snail crawling on 1st lane ley.. :pity:

next time i sure want to drive a dirty rusty beat up old truck.. then paint on the tail-board.. I have claimed insurance on 99 tail-gaters. Are you the 100th? :cheeky:

2003-04 - Phantom TA 150

2006-06 - NSR 125

2006-07 - X9 180

2007 - Bajaj Pulsar :D

Need to BARTER or SELL off used or new items? rollingeggs.com

All this talk about whats right and whats wrong behavior sometimes gets me jaded. It seems pointless. Drivers will always hate riders who squeeze between lanes, and sometimes riders do that to get away from tailgators or just for convenience when there is a jam or traffic just slows up a little. Sometimes people get tailgated, sometimes people go taligate a hogger. These days i feel there's no more right and wrong. There are also no more near misses. Its either hit or miss. Bang me or dun bang me. If dun bang me, I'm still safe, me method of riding is still ok, I'm still collision free/accident free, and i live to ride another day. All this talk. Pointless. Its only a hit or a miss. I've still got zero points on demerit. I sometimes open Vtec to 120km'h, its either someone eat me and i give way or i eat the bugger and move on. No more right and wrong. Getting angry on the road sometimes, but not being reckless. Sometimes feeling like a cat amongst elephants, if you know what i mean. You can't move like an elephant when you're the size of a cat in comparision. you move like a cat, and in a place where its the stronger survives, i prefer to move decisively, its either i faster than you or you faster than me, no 50 50. Its only hits and misses. What do ya think?

The worst, rider riding slowly while riding on the dotted line marking when all the lane is cleared! This really pissed me off when I'm driving. You don't even know when the bike will shifted back into the lane. In the end have to overtake by one lane.

yeah this i agree...

i was like come on , chose yr lane...

Unfortunately, for this type of "fellow" rider, I have to bypass him. If not the easy way, then the hard way. I have to cut in within the same lane as him, closely if necessary.

Can't wait the whole day for him to give way....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

hey deux.. wat i do is i let the vehicle pass me.. then i stick to the car's blindspot and remain there thruout the journey..the driver always gets irritated and will turn his head and see where i am. hahaha.. but then..end of the day i realised that no use playing with cars..coz some of them are really stupid and tend to do crazy stunts not caring for ur life. and some stupid cars(excluding the supercars) actually think they can outrun bikes.. wat asses!