SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SHELL - OFFICIAL STATEMENT RELEASED

MPeX

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-"Hate Shell!" because they want to implement a safety rule(must bikers be living on the edge to be a biker?)

Hey Cabal guy (funny, but pun not intended),

As far as i am concerned this is a not a hate Shell thread. I don't hate shel, neither do i believe that Shell hates bikers. I do however strongly disagree with their policy. I believe that i should have the right to decide for myself on this matter without having forced down my throat. So since, they've decided that this is not an decision is not to be left to riders discretion, I've decided to take my business elsewhere.

To be concise - What i and some others are advocating is to do something it about if you are dissatisfied with Shell on this matter by not patronising them anymore. We are also saying that we shouldn't just whine about it but continue to pump there coz that's sending the wrong message to Shell and the other industry players. If you however don't mind it, then good for you.

personally this thread is becoming bullcrap.

And while we are on the subject, if u think this thread is BS, then you TOO are MOST welcome to patronise other threads that pleases your senses more.

Cheers!

just read today's Straits Times..

Over at the FORUM page H26, about the sparks created from nozzle hitting fuel tank..

ExxonMobil replies.. with the final sentence as "Motorcyclists should not straddle the vehicle while refuelling."

hmm.. interesting, are they taking up the same stance as Shell soon ?

Saw that too, sincerely hope not.... "Should not" isn't that bad (as compared to "CAN NOT"), to me it's just stating their opinion.

However if they do one day enforce a "No-sales" policy as well, then it's Caltex or SPC for me.

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Originally posted by william_liu@Mar 25 2005, 12:54 PM

Saw that too, sincerely hope not.... "Should not" isn't that bad (as compared to "CAN NOT"), to me it's just stating their opinion.

However if they do one day enforce a "No-sales" policy as well, then it's Caltex or SPC for me.

kk sorry if i had make that bullcrap statement... but cmon.. for the sake of safety.. . we get angry? =\

read abt that exxonmobil forum reply too...

so esso/mobile pump stations boycotted too?

eventually all pump stations in sg will be boycotted because of a safety regulation?

it's weird, no?

btw, i do wear ff nowadays, even to the nearest of places. wearing an open face ones seems awkward to me now... no gloves yet though... =)

cheers

hello! =)

R6!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, I'm not angry, and it's nothing personal, just feel strongly against the policy.

I don't wear gloves either, even though I know if I "Buang" then I'll probably pay for it.... but I want to be able to decide whether to wear it or not for myself, not FORCED to do so by some company or person.

I'll feel weird if you ask me to wear an open-faced helmet too, even though I'm sweating and stinking up my helmet nowadays since it's so hot.... But if one day they propose a ruling to make full-face helmets compulsory I will definitely put my name on any petition against it as well.

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Originally posted by william_liu@Mar 26 2005, 12:52 AM

.... But if one day they propose a ruling to make full-face helmets compulsory I will definitely put my name on any petition against it as well.

In the not too distant past, Singapore gahment actually ban full-face helmet. Our transport minister claimed that it might give the riders a false sense of security.

If I’m not mistaken, it was the Harley Bikers Association that helped over rule that policy.

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy sh*t we don't need."

- Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

"Until you find something worth dying for, you're not really living."

- Rebecca St. James

Originally posted by seeprompt@Mar 26 2005, 01:21 AM

In the not too distant past, Singapore gahment actually ban full-face helmet. Our transport minister claimed that it might give the riders a false sense of security.

If I’m not mistaken, it was the Harley Bikers Association that helped over rule that policy.

I remember that, and i vaguely remember 1 of the "official" reasons quoted for the ban was in case of impact, the shock will travel through the front part of the FF, though the jaw up to the brain.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/MPeX/DSCF0048.jpg

Originally posted by MPeX@Mar 26 2005, 01:35 AM

I remember that, and i vaguely remember 1 of the "official" reasons quoted for the ban was in case of impact, the shock will travel through the front part of the FF, though the jaw up to the brain.

Like this how to trust scholars? Like never study basic physics like that. Secondary school students can correct him liao.

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy sh*t we don't need."

- Rebecca St. James

Originally posted by seeprompt@Mar 26 2005, 01:41 AM

Like this how to trust scholars? Like never study basic physics like that. Secondary school students can correct him liao.

I think dat time i was back in JC, juz happened to read the reply from ROV in the ST Forum... didn't really bother reading the finer details coz i wasn't old enuff to ride anyway... :lol:

But why i remember this point and not the others is because i asked myself, then jaw directly hit road not worse meh?

Originally posted by MPeX@Mar 26 2005, 01:44 AM

But why i remember this point and not the others is because i asked myself, then jaw directly hit road not worse meh?

Exactly! Some of my classmates used these points during a debate session. Everybody laughed hard.

- Rebecca St. James

Originally posted by promal@Mar 25 2005, 12:42 PM

Over at the FORUM page H26, about the sparks created from nozzle hitting fuel tank..

ExxonMobil replies.. with the final sentence as "Motorcyclists should not straddle the vehicle while refuelling."

lolz stupidity act when someone becomes hero and the rats follow...... haha Shell Hero leh the slowly the rest follow rite?

think they have to get those wheels lock or the stand which the GP is using so the bike will be straight... hmmmm

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4534/scootlogo1oo7.th.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/who_noe/Untitled-Stitched-151.jpg

SSOG(SBF Scooter Owner Group)since june 2003

Originally posted by danieltanboonhuat@Mar 26 2005, 10:28 PM

for now u mean "p

anyway shell had lost one customer liao and mobil just got 1 new customer

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs846.snc4/70761_544356827_629794_n.jpg

http://209.85.62.24/358/50/0/f371375/dbaURL_logo2.png

Kleivard Project Pte Ltd

Last 2 days of the grace period b4 their "no sales" policy kick in... for the loyal Shell supporters, faster go pump this 2 days and get ur last feel of refuelling while sitting down! :sweat:

I think those people who don't visit SBF will not know about the "grace period" in the first place!

:sweat:

Originally posted by MPeX@Mar 30 2005, 07:41 AM

Last 2 days of the grace period b4 their "no sales" policy kick in... for the loyal Shell supporters, faster go pump this 2 days and get ur last feel of refuelling while sitting down! :sweat:

Wahaha... Doesnt make any sense. Just another season-parker in shell. Submitting proposes for welfare of his own job telling management. "Hey! I'm really working you know?".

Memories of 1403 on 24/8/06

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2910/memoriesof1403tfkl2.jpg

Memories of Arai Helmets

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2710/helmetsdfbi0.jpg

aiyo All why keep talking the stupid Shelf when they can yaya papaya n air around u!

Just don't pump lor if u buay tahan them. They thought they have the best products (holy water) tat everyone must go meh........

I'm also a loyal customer but i gonna stop soon when i get to top up another 19pt so i can get $120 petrol voucher then say bb 2 them liao.

Since they got the never ending to reason out bikers then forget it.

Although not the so call BY LAW but it's their own policy. Hence , lppl. Back to square one.

Originally posted by promal@Mar 25 2005, 12:42 PM

THINK IT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED AT MOBIL !!

few days back, my bf needed to pump petrol, i told him i dun wanna go SHELL ( cos kana before to dismount bike plus have read thru the threads here and the petition ) , so we went MOBIL.

it was the MOBIL station jus before the old HDB building at Bukit Merah, jus as my bf abt to pump petrol, one attendent suddenly walked over and tell him to dismount from the bike as well, citing reason tat accidents happened whereby some riders actually slipped and fall while straddling their bikes and pumpin petrol!!

:mad: :mad:

:sian:

Have to wait and see, if they try that stunt on me then bye bye Esso/Mobil also.