SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SHELL - OFFICIAL STATEMENT RELEASED

MPeX

Originally posted by Shay@Mar 13 2005, 03:52 AM

I dream of the day when i pull into Shell for refuelling. Pump attendants will dutifully roll out a PADDOCK STAND that is compatible to my bike (in my case, a pro-arm stand would be nice) and jack the bike up for me.

I'm dreaming more along the lines of those kind of hydraulic clampers found in inspection centres, where it will "kiap" ur wheels vertically and the bike can stand by itself.. :lol:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/MPeX/DSCF0048.jpg

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by blurrblurr@Mar 13 2005, 07:39 AM

If their pump attendance are expert and spiiling out will not happen to them, Why not we mount on our bike and let them do the filling up?

That's a good point which i never thought of....

If their pump attendance are expert and spiiling out will not happen to them, Why not we mount on our bike and let them do the filling up?

:clapping:

:thumb: :thumb:

Power!

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

They will say nothing is perfect, expert doesnt mean errors will not happen. Probably they'll say the chances of spillage by attendants is 99.9%, but no, we're not risking that 0.1 percent.

http://www.nutrition4u.sg/images/coaches/VicNette02.jpg

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)

Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg

Guest selphie

This is what i call customer service, i see some of the attendants zho bo down there.

Make them work abit at least they not so bored.

:D

Anyway, thanks MPEX.

anyone tried to stand up and 'kiap' your bike using your thighs? like that u r standing up and u still can balance your bike and refill to full. although it defeat the safety purpose of running away fast, but at least u r standing up. i never try before yet.

Originally posted by Bing79@Mar 13 2005, 04:52 PM

anyone tried to stand up and 'kiap' your bike using your thighs? like that u r standing up and u still can balance your bike and refill to full. although it defeat the safety purpose of running away fast, but at least u r standing up. i never try before yet.

That's called stradling, they disallow that as well....

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

If they can get the attendents to assist riders to hold the bike while refuelling, I would say that is a good enuff victory. Its plain clear to see that many kiosks favour assisting cars over bikes. Washing windshields and tyre rims of cars while the poor biker struggling to keep his bike upright and refueling at the same time without straddling it? :sianz:

Kudos to Mpex for leading this one.

Originally posted by danieltanboonhuat@Mar 14 2005, 09:49 AM

yeah... have told all my friends about this incident...

most of them was surprised this forum people so onz...

am proud of u

You almost had a part to play in this... wasted.. haha.. :sweat:

In Malaysia,

1. bikers pump petrol sitting on bike

2. ppl smoke in petrol stations

3. ppl use handphones in petrol stations

I don't see bikers being killed or petrol stations being blown up.... Shell sure is one bor liao company

I say let's all pump petronas, it only does it give me better mileage but at half the cost

Originally posted by MPeX@Mar 14 2005, 10:41 AM

You almost had a part to play in this... wasted.. haha.. :sweat:

but i think that not all wanted this out come its make no much of diff at all with without the talk cos in the end we still need to dismount our bike while pumping.

btw i was there at the mc but didt see anyone group discussion.

but would like to thank you for your effort n time.

cheers

:cheer:

Originally posted by suzuki13@Mar 14 2005, 07:04 PM

but i think that not all wanted this out come its make no much of diff at all with without the talk cos in the end we still need to dismount our bike while pumping.

btw i was there at the mc but didt see anyone group discussion.

but would like to thank you for your effort n time.

cheers

:cheer:

We were sitting at the outdoor area... bleddy hot and all of us were steaming out there... :sweat:

Originally posted by perfecto_alma@Mar 21 2005, 01:02 AM

MPex, just signed e petition.. (thx 4 e effort)

my point - i TOTALLY cannot c wth is wrong wif pumping petrol while seated on my bike.. SAFETY my A*SE! not a strange policy but an EXTREMELY STUPID one!

Eh dun sign leow... i already submitted the petition last week...

Anyhow, we met the management from Shell, what transpired at the meeting is 1 or 2 pages back, this same thread...

Now i'm still waiting for them to send me their official statement. Probably due to some red tape, that might take 1-2 working weeks... Supervisor approve, then Manager see, followed by Director view, VP take a look, President and CEO scan thru... then can release... :lol:

Originally posted by it wasnt me@Mar 13 2005, 05:04 PM

what a c***

Erm, this is true....

Happened to me. Riding gloves caught the trigger and bad things happened. This was in JB and I had to spend quite a lot of time in the toilet. You do NOT want to be in this situation, trust me. Dun believe me dip your groin in some petrol and see.... it really burns... and the pain does not go away even after 10 mins of washing with running water... about 5 hours to fully recover (but didn't tell anyone).

:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

But then, I still support the right for everybody to burn their groin if they so choose to...

Anyone cares to do a very rough estimate how much Shell will lose by asking bikers to dismount?

Some figures needed.

Number of bikes in S'pore.

Number of bikers using Shell.

Number of bikers now boycotting Shell.

Number of litres and $ of petrol each bikers pump per month.

Number of bikers who own cars (and lorries, bsues, taxis etc) and boycott Shell.

Then we can roughly calculate how much revenue will be lost. Period.

People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

Originally posted by Easyrider_Bandit@Mar 21 2005, 02:33 AM

Erm, this is true....

Happened to me. Riding gloves caught the trigger and bad things happened. This was in JB and I had to spend quite a lot of time in the toilet. You do NOT want to be in this situation, trust me. Dun believe me dip your groin in some petrol and see.... it really burns... and the pain does not go away even after 10 mins of washing with running water... about 5 hours to fully recover (but didn't tell anyone).

:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

But then, I still support the right for everybody to burn their groin if they so choose to...

oh my GOD!!!!

did you see a doctor?

oh man... if that happened to me i probabaly spend the night worrying

For you O Lord, will bless the righteous; with favor You shall surround him as with a shield. Psalm 5:12