SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SHELL - OFFICIAL STATEMENT RELEASED

MPeX

Originally posted by MPeX@Mar 23 2005, 10:11 PM

Actually with or without our support, Shell will survive in Singapore.

SAF/SCDF/Home Team all pledge allegiance and undying support for Shell. And I ever worked with my unit's MT Line and saw the bills from Shell before... these gahmen organisations billed less than half of what we paying per litre... I suppose tax has been excluded..

i beg to differ.

i've seen those bills before.

they cost about 90 odd cents per litre. not less than half

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by josean@Mar 23 2005, 11:33 PM

i beg to differ.

Did u serve ur NS in 1997?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/MPeX/DSCF0048.jpg

Originally posted by josean@Mar 23 2005, 11:33 PM

i beg to differ.

kekeke... when I serve NS in the 80s, petrol at the local shell station wasn't even 90 cents per litre yet... back then we were saying "Wah! Petrol price everyday keep rising! Sure one day will exceed $1!"

<span style=\'font-family:Ariel\'>The Difference between Men and Boys is that the Boys think the size of their Motorcycles has something to do with being a man.

Iron Butt Association#23842

it may not be some smartass's idea to implement the no straddling rule.

think abt it in a another way. sometimes organisations rather implement certain policies &/or incur certain costs to seek a certain social status or community concerns. in most cases, such acts r only 'appetitizers', they go a long way to seek gahment's leniency in certain matters or support in certain projects/fundings.

its a hard fact & i hate it. its all dirty politics & sillypore is one of the most concealed, legally yet unethically dirtiest country/gahment.

Aiya.... I already gave up on SHELL liao...

Mobil is my new love......

This will be my last post in this thread....

For those who can live with dismounting from the bike and pump....

GOOD FOR YOU GUYS!!! :thumb:

GUys Guys,

Let's be real. Even if all bikers who currently pump shell decide to boycott them, they won't close down because of us. Be 100% clear on that.

It's about principle and making a stand. If we all fold over now and say that it won't make a difference, then the other guys like Esso and Mobil and SPC and Caltex, might just say to themselves : why don't we implement the same policy with shell and look good? Coz it won't dent our business? I bet you, the other players are playing the wait and see game. They want to see the business fallout from Shell's latest endeavour.

We MUST not fold. For all those who believe that Shell's little plan is hogwash, you MUST make a stand.

STAND UP and BE COUNTED. If nothing happens, then nothing happens. But you never now, we might be able to make a bold statement.

So what if we make small dent to their earnings? A Dent is a dent - better then sending the message that we are sheep, bending to everything these giants want. Anyway I in th business world and let say this: nobody wants to answer for falling revenue no matter how small. Companies like shell are in business for one thing money, and making more money. No CEO wants to report a dip in earnings to shareholders. Now of course the have forecasted a dip due to the "popularity" of their bike pumping policy - but let's see if accurately anticipated the negative reaction.

Guys, don't fold on this. Stand up to your convinctions and send the clear message back. Lest the other players follow suit.

Originally posted by MrLau@Mar 24 2005, 10:37 AM

sooner or later, all petrol kios will implement this rule... how ?

... ::confused:

Then itz really time to get the new biometric passport, register for the upcoming IRIS scheme and ride over to the dark side... :cheeky:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/MPeX/DSCF0048.jpg

yeah, JB petrol rules!!!

05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)

08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)

09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)

04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)

05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)

07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)

11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

Originally posted by MrLau@Mar 24 2005, 10:37 AM

sooner or later, all petrol kios will implement this rule... how ?

... ::confused:

Bro,

If the govt, makes passes a law then they'll have to comply - and nothing we do will change that.

However, assuming that doesn't happen, our COLLECTIVE reaction as consumers would be the only signal to the petrol companies on our unhappyness about this.

If we don't make a dent, or they don't care about the dent, then too bad.... but at least we stood up for it.

Let's put it this way. If shell has 15% of the bike market, and they loose that 15% due to the competition. Would u like to be the GM of the company that picks up the additional 15% of business? If shell looses S$1 mil a year from this (hypothetically) wouldn't you like to be the GM of the competition that increases their revenue by S$1 mil - just like that? I WOULD!

Originally posted by jockster@Mar 24 2005, 11:28 AM

Bro,

If the govt, makes passes a law then they'll have to comply - and nothing we do will change that.

However, assuming that doesn't happen, our COLLECTIVE reaction as consumers would be the only signal to the petrol companies on our unhappyness about this.

If we don't make a dent, or they don't care about the dent, then too bad.... but at least we stood up for it.

Let's put it this way. If shell has 15% of the bike market, and they loose that 15% due to the competition. Would u like to be the GM of the company that picks up the additional 15% of business? If shell looses S$1 mil a year from this (hypothetically) wouldn't like to be the GM of the competition that increases their revenue by S$1 mil - just like that? I WOULD!

You have my support! :bounce: :thumb:

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy sh*t we don't need."

- Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

"Until you find something worth dying for, you're not really living."

- Rebecca St. James

Hey, then let Shell loses revenue by $1M first.

Then I go and apply for Shell S'pore GM post, promising them I can get additional $1M within the next month.

Then when I become GM Shell, I'll immediately reverse the "no mounting while refuelling" rule for bikers, then I'll get the $1M revenue back for Shell, but hor, u all must support me hor, once rule reversed, pump at Shell hor! :cheer:

People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

Originally posted by Keynes@Mar 24 2005, 11:35 AM

Hey, then let Shell loses revenue by $1M first.

Then I go and apply for Shell S'pore GM post, promising them I can get additional $1M within the next month.

Then when I become GM Shell, I'll immediately reverse the "no mounting while refuelling" rule for bikers, then I'll get the $1M revenue back for Shell, but hor, u all must support me hor, once rule reversed, pump at Shell hor! :cheer:

You've gotta show some results first before you can promise anything.

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy sh*t we don't need."

- Rebecca St. James

Originally posted by blurrblurr@Mar 23 2005, 06:07 PM

But $50K times 12 months equals to $600K. Assume all their pump attendance each earn $2k per mth. They can pay at least 300 pump attendance already.

If shell pump attendants earn 2K/month i need to change job. And sice so many pple boyvotting already, maybe it will be a cushy zo bo 2K/month job :cheeky:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7641/54688861td1.jpg

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~

I am slow please don't bully me.

Originally posted by hondavvvtec@Mar 23 2005, 03:52 AM

makes no sense.

pls lah, talk with some sense can.

what he meant was that he can help you fill your petrol, while you stand it upright. this is because the attendants may not be familiar with your bike and may cause damages by causing it to fall over or some thing like that.

personally this thread is becoming bullcrap.

-"Hate Shell!" because they want to implement a safety rule(must bikers be living on the edge to be a biker?),

-Shell losing money because many not pumping there anymore(oh oh! oil price up again! higher petrol cost, higher revenue, offsets and more probably exceeds deficit),

hello! =)

R6!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah... the oil industry people (even those doing saikang work) earn big bucks. one company even gave out 7.1mth bonus to their people the last bonus period. considering the lowest paid permanent technician is paid $1800 per mth, u can already imagine how much that 7.1mth bonus is.

Shell losing money because of this "saga"? its not even worth the dirt they are sweeping off their feet.

(this don't even deserve the term saga)

hello! =)

R6!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by BaaBaa Black Sheep@Mar 24 2005, 12:49 PM

If shell pump attendants earn 2K/month i need to change job. And sice so many pple boyvotting already, maybe it will be a cushy zo bo 2K/month job :cheeky:

Perhaps you might want to include CPF contributions, from the company, and welfare "overheads" (like dental, staff freebiees, whatever...) per attendent. You add everything up the number should be pretty close to the estimate.

- Rebecca St. James

Originally posted by seeprompt@Mar 24 2005, 07:42 PM

Perhaps you might want to include CPF contributions, from the company, and welfare "overheads" (like dental, staff freebiees, whatever...) per attendent. You add everything up the number should be pretty close to the estimate.

the correct factor should be 1.6

$1250 x 1.6 = $2000 :smile:

Dear cabal and Motorcyclist,

Just wondering what kinds of safety gears do you guys and your pillions put on whenever you ride? Please do share!

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

never mind them la... william,,

they make the forum so fun...

kekek

I like people like this...

makes for interesting reading...

don;t you just marvel at the views of some of them?

sometimes it's like they live in another world...

For you O Lord, will bless the righteous; with favor You shall surround him as with a shield. Psalm 5:12

For riders who wanna continue patronise Shell, they can listen to the reasons and try to understand why it's better to stay mounted, and make their own decisions.

For riders who wanna boycott Shell, they can listen to the reasons and try to understand why it's better to dismount, and make their own decisions..

There's really no need to ridicule or make condescending remarks. It only shows arrogance, nothing more, nothing less.

Let go.... let God....

Originally posted by william_liu@Mar 25 2005, 12:03 AM

Dear cabal and Motorcyclist,

Just wondering what kinds of safety gears do you guys and your pillions put on whenever you ride? Please do share!

Would you believe if the reply that they even wear full gear with crash helmet and gloves when they push their bike from the parking slot to the washing bay?

Hahahahaha! That would be a funny sight.

On a serious note, you must understand that nothing is absolutely or completely safe in life. On the other hand, you could also say that nothing is absolutely or completely dangerous either.

My point is that it is a question of risk, or perhaps a question of relative risk. I've got my licence since 1996 and have been patronising Shell ever since. Until Shell change their policy, from today I will not buy their fuel despite having one station so near my home.

I feel very strongly that I should have the right, with my buying power, to object to a policy that I cannot adhere to. You are most welcome to think or act otherwise, but please practise what you preach.

- Rebecca St. James

Originally posted by seeprompt@Mar 25 2005, 01:49 AM

Would you believe if the reply that they even wear full gear with crash helmet and gloves when they push their bike from the parking slot to the washing bay?

On a serious note, you must understand that nothing is absolutely or completely safe in life. On the other hand, you could also say that nothing is absolutely or completely dangerous either.

My point is that it is a question of risk, or perhaps a question of relative risk. I've got my licence since 1996 and have been patronising Shell ever since. Until Shell change their policy, from today I will not buy their fuel despite having one station so near my home.

I feel very strongly that I should have the right, with my buying power, to object to a policy that I cannot adhere to. You are most welcome to think or act otherwise, but please practise what you preach.

:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11496/34175638049782l.jpg

Originally posted by seeprompt@Mar 25 2005, 01:49 AM

Well said!

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first