SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Prisons??

bearcol83

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who say no one??

becoming a prison officer is 2nd on mi list of jobs, the 1st being policeman.

May 2005 - July 2007: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU 3*** S)

July 2007 - Dec 2016: Honda CB400 Spec III (FBB 7***X)

Dec 2016 - Aug 2017: Yamaha FZ1N (FBD 4***E)

Aug 2017 - Present: Kawasaki Z1000SX (FBF 6***B)

Boono :cool:

The Senior Officer's course in Prisons:-

a) normally how many ppl per batch ah?

b) when does the course starts?

c) how many batches per year?

Do you think a genuine interest in the job is necessary?

To me, a prison can be quite a depressing place to work in, especially if intended as a lifelong career.

The salary for SO is relatively high, about 3k for those with NS.But money may not be everything..

In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth is a Revolutionary Act

Do you think a genuine interest in the job is necessary?
Nah. Of course not.

To me, a prison can be quite a depressing place to work in, especially if intended as a lifelong career.
This is very true ah boss. Depressing indeed.

The salary for SO is relatively high, about 3k for those with NS.But money may not be everything..
Ok la not bad, but money not everything, very true. Alot of OT or not ah Prisons? Sat/Sun need to come back?

actually in this line..

u must have the interest

as in more to having a heart...

being a warden isnt as simple as it is..

people usually think..

oh working in the cell..

depressing..

actually its more of being a fren and helping the inmates get through plus doing security..

but its really a job that aint about the money..

its about whether u can deal with the inmates and lend a helping hand.

if u're talking about the money..

my previous work as a simple pantry girl for the vips..

i earn 2000 a mth and that does not include the tips that i get everyday

which usually each day i usually get $50.

The tree-lined avenue

Begins to fade from view

Drowning past regrets

In tea and cigarettes

But I can't seem to forget

When you came along

Ingenue, I just don't know what to do

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/joe_007/bikerchick2.jpg

-KENANGAN MOTO TERCINTA-

if u're talking about the money..

my previous work as a simple pantry girl for the vips..

i earn 2000 a mth and that does not include the tips that i get everyday

which usually each day i usually get $50.

your point being? u r paid very high? and that one shd be a pantry girl all her life?

prolly slightly lesser than my starting pay shd i join Prisons if urs is ($2000 + $50 x 22days).

your point being? u r paid very high? and that one shd be a pantry girl all her life?

prolly slightly lesser than my starting pay shd i join Prisons if urs is ($2000 + $50 x 22days).

that wasnt wat i meant..

wat i am trying to say..

if people go for the job for the money..

its crazy..

my point here is that the job is more to going for it not for the case of money..

The tree-lined avenue

Begins to fade from view

Drowning past regrets

In tea and cigarettes

When you came along

-KENANGAN MOTO TERCINTA-

The Senior Officer's course in Prisons:-

a) normally how many ppl per batch ah?

b) when does the course starts?

c) how many batches per year?

you ans:-

a) one batch can reached about 50-70, that includes prison officers & senior prison officers... senior prison officers will stand at about 1/3 of the group.

b) it depends on the training school, it's not fix... once a cohort is goin to pass out soon, the school will then schedule when the next training will be...

c) mostly 2 batches per yr, at times there might be 3... :cool:

you ans:-

a) one batch can reached about 50-70, that includes prison officers & senior prison officers... senior prison officers will stand at about 1/3 of the group.

b) it depends on the training school, it's not fix... once a cohort is goin to pass out soon, the school will then schedule when the next training will be...

c) mostly 2 batches per yr, at times there might be 3... :cool:

Thanks alot bro. All my qns answered.

I was interested in joining prison as a warden after I completed my contract with the police force. The prison warden salary scale not bad. However, my mrs was against the idea of me working 3 shifts again and she didn't like the idea of me being cooped up with convicts. She always has this mindset that I will beat up the prisoners there and once they are out, they will come and look for me... :slapforehead: :cheeky:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

correct mi if i'm wrong, i tink currently, senior prison officer is in shortage so they are recruiting aggresively?

May 2005 - July 2007: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU 3*** S)

July 2007 - Dec 2016: Honda CB400 Spec III (FBB 7***X)

Dec 2016 - Aug 2017: Yamaha FZ1N (FBD 4***E)

Aug 2017 - Present: Kawasaki Z1000SX (FBF 6***B)

Boono :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
I got a question 2 ask,

recently i wen for the psychometric test, n now i am just waiting for their interview.. may i know how long do they take 2 reply us 4 the interview?

2 weeks or less...

unless they have more people taking the test..

it will be a month.

The tree-lined avenue

Begins to fade from view

Drowning past regrets

In tea and cigarettes

When you came along

-KENANGAN MOTO TERCINTA-

Can't disagree more with some of you here' I've been working in SPS for 5 years now and there's lots of things to be smiling about.

For those of are thinking of joining SPS, you'd be happy to know that your bond does not go into effect until you begin training. In the meantime, you will be placed on attachment in the various institutions and work locations to let you have a feel of the job. If you don't like it, you can resign and you will not have to pay any bond if you have not started training. The attachment is also full-pay.

:dot:

I think there needs to be continuity in almost all sectors of the workforce, which is why SPS is still promoting their recruitment. Otherwise, attrition will dwindle the workforce and we will face a labour shortage. Smart heads will pre-empt this and devise strategies to prevent such from happening.

I think there needs to be continuity in almost all sectors of the workforce, which is why SPS is still promoting their recruitment. Otherwise, attrition will dwindle the workforce and we will face a labour shortage. Smart heads will pre-empt this and devise strategies to prevent such from happening.

bro, haha you sounded like a AD-CS (in the making) lols. I used to be from SPS too lols, you're still there?

anyway i totally agree with your statement, it is imperative that every organization has a consistent and constant of flow of manpower & resources to cover up the gaps.

Especially with the attractive offers from the private sector now, i feel that a career in the civil service isnt the natural first choice of some individuals now compared to last time.

Super Motard ----> Sports Tourer

Support The Yellow Ribbon Project And Help Unlock The Second Prison :p

Can't disagree more with some of you here' I've been working in SPS for 5 years now and there's lots of things to be smiling about.

For those of are thinking of joining SPS, you'd be happy to know that your bond does not go into effect until you begin training. In the meantime, you will be placed on attachment in the various institutions and work locations to let you have a feel of the job. If you don't like it, you can resign and you will not have to pay any bond if you have not started training. The attachment is also full-pay.

desewer....i think i know you...hee hee hee....:faint:

1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

bro, haha you sounded like a AD-CS (in the making) lols. I used to be from SPS too lols, you're still there?

anyway i totally agree with your statement, it is imperative that every organization has a consistent and constant of flow of manpower & resources to cover up the gaps.

Especially with the attractive offers from the private sector now, i feel that a career in the civil service isnt the natural first choice of some individuals now compared to last time.

I'm not too sure about career opportunities that are opening up in the private sector. I've been working with my eyes closed to the outside for so long. However, myself and another similar-ranking friend had calculated and we conclude that in order for us to jump over to the private sector, we would have to earn at least double our present salary. This is to cover costs such as transportation (I stay in the quarters), uniforms (outside must buy working clothes, expensive!) and added job responsibilities.

Given these factors, and the volatility of private sector jobs as compared to the civil service, we would opt to keep our jobs.

Haha... I think you are refering to ADSD not ADCS... hehehe... I cannot be an ADSD... I'm only a PO not an SPO... lolz

desewer....i think i know you...hee hee hee....:faint:

Well... I wonder whom I know rides a blue XJR with RedBull design... so many... lolz

Bro is Full Of Sorrow one of us too? I think she is... but I've never seen that yellow DRZ anywhere near our workplace.

Well... I wonder whom I know rides a blue XJR with RedBull design... so many... lolz

Bro is Full Of Sorrow one of us too? I think she is... but I've never seen that yellow DRZ anywhere near our workplace.

i don think she rides a yellow DRZ... :D do u, Full Of Sorrow??