SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF PGO Gmax Cafe 2008

Gmax

Originally posted by BLACK COMET@Sep 13 2005, 01:56 PM

Hehe

It's kinda boring in a sense. Cos it don't break down. :cheeky:

I've being riding a runner(1st batch) and typhoon in the past.

Kenna things like coil dead, petrol pump leak, coolant leak, battery dead.

Now? Non of such. Sounds like blowing trumpet. But that's how I feel lor.

The only thing I can do is add stuff to it. Just add a volt meter.

I was hoping the maintenance free batt would die after 6 months.

But now, the volt meter tells me that The electrical system and batt

Is still pretty healthy.

I was hoping it will die soon. So that I can Hands on fill the acid, wait for an hour

before sealing up the unit. so that the liquid can be absorbed.

Then using low level charging to prime the batt into optimium condition.

Well, Guess will have to wait quite a long while before I can change to new batt.

Being the 4th G-max on the road. I thou I would be the one having the highest mileage. Cos I do travel alot at times.

But an uncle just won me. :cry:

He stay in jurong and work in macpherson area. Dispatch I think.

Now already 10K of him. The first one to change belt ad roller somemore.

To be frank, I don't see too much wear and tear. But I agree that they should be replace at the recommend intervals just to play safe.

I am happy with the durability of PGO bikes so far.

The other part will be fuel consumption.

When riding runner, I used to pump 10 liters, 11+ dollars 3 years ago.

And it last me 4~5 days. I think in todays' price, It will be at least a $18.

Now? 5.8 liters at $10. and it really last me 5 days to 1 week.

Not too bad.

My typhoon? It's a 2 stroke. Guess no need to say much.

Still pretty happy with the handling. Maybe it's due o the 13" wheels.

Heard that the modenas version is only a 12".

Finally, I'm thinking of having a box. But I find even the E16 will spoil the look.

This is personal. I'm having a crazy idea for the box.

I think i'll study first before posting the ideas for a unique box.

Actually boring is GOOD! I hope I can be bored to death with my next bike. Too much excitement is not good at all!

I really wonder if I'll get used to the "small" feeling and the lack of storage compartments. The fuel consumption is one big pull factor lah.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by edwinT@Sep 13 2005, 02:20 PM

Actually boring is GOOD! I hope I can be bored to death with my next bike. Too much excitement is not good at all!

I really wonder if I'll get used to the "small" feeling and the lack of storage compartments. The fuel consumption is one big pull factor lah.

I think depends very much on what u want again lor.

If just for transport to work. the bike can take 1 helmet and 1 set of rain coat.

Thinks that's enough for me.

Some old uncle ever tell me that. The more space u have, the more rubbish.

To a certain extent it's true for me cos,

When I sold off my runner, I basically can pack almost closing to 2 ntuc plastic bag full of barang barang. Underseat compartment and givi E33.

When I sold off my typhoon, that's almost 1 ntuc plastic bag full of barang barang.

Underseat compartment and e16 box.

When I look into these barang barang, 3/4 of it is not really need to be with the bike all the time.

Now, my G-max only store my rain coat, 1 basic set of tools and parking coupons only. Which is quite enough apparently. 1 helmet also can go in but I won't store helmet overnite.

But then again, it depends. My friend with a X9, got kitchen paper towel rolls, tools, air pump and tire repair kit. Got singer oil and otehr misc liquid on standby also. If he can store pill somemore, Guess he can wash bike whereever he goes.

And he find them useful and also a piece of mind when travlling.

IF you are used to a X9, getting a g-max will be like a 2 X downgrade in terms of space.

My case is a 1 x downgrade cos I'm doing away with the box.

Your friend sounds like me! Well for me basic tools for daily commuting are power wrench, air pump, spare belt, box of tools and 2 pairs of raincoat. That'll fill up everything beneath the seat! NSH for me everyday.

A sporty looking bike with a top box looks odd but necessary. I'll have to seriously revalidate my needs vs wants.

Hi Skateboy,

Wait till you use the aftermarket market parts then you will feel the difference with the power.

Btw, up till now, I tink your G-Max is the best dressed G-Max ard.. kekeke...

:smile:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb103/g-max1881/2009tmax500.jpg

"ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST"

"RIDE SAFE & SMART"

HP - 9645 7667 (Alvin)

The flower disc for the G-Max cost ard $150 per set, it comes with an extended bracket for the brake caliper.

:lovestruck:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb103/g-max1881/2009tmax500.jpg

"ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST"

"RIDE SAFE & SMART"

HP - 9645 7667 (Alvin)

Originally posted by edwinT@Sep 15 2005, 11:29 AM

My Gmax dreams will soon be shattered... I think... CO already mentioned that VXR is SO SMALL when I pointed out to her last night!!!!

show her the look of gmax. my gf fi rst saw gmax she fell in love liao.:lovestruck:

Your attitude is either your best friend or worst enemy, your greatest asset or your greatest liability.

Originally posted by edwinT@Sep 15 2005, 11:29 AM

My Gmax dreams will soon be shattered... I think... CO already mentioned that VXR is SO SMALL when I pointed out to her last night!!!!

:sweat:

Well, This one I cannot help you.

My excuse is that this G-max have better fuel economy that Runner and typhoon.

To a certain she understand because she do drive at times and she understand how

horrendous the petrol price is now.

Then I also told her that This guy have lower maintenance. She kinda buy that

but now she's asking, " You say your bike got lesser problems now, but why are you going to bike shop every week?" (Actually it's the most twice a month).

Not to repair but to add things, change oil, pay installment.

My wife like the X9 cos she sat on my firend's one before.

My excuse, Sounds lame but true to a certain extent.

My excuse is Expensive, Too big for me to squeeze thru jam when i go to work

at ubi side. Big bike means higher maintenance(This one is smoke screen. I lied)

And harder to control (half rubbish also.)

But her ultimate respond is ," Aiyah, u happy can already lah. No need to ask me.

becasue u will be riding most of the time."

To a certain extent it's true cos, I already have a kid. So weekend, bike is at carpark. Go out I take BMW (Bus MRT Walk). Weekdays, we are too lazy to go out.

Maybe occasionally If we are not tired, then we will go somewhere on bike to find makan. But usually not too far.

Originally posted by BLACK COMET@Sep 15 2005, 10:51 PM

:sweat:

Well, This one I cannot help you.

My excuse is that this G-max have better fuel economy that Runner and typhoon.

To a certain she understand because she do drive at times and she understand how

horrendous the petrol price is now.

Then I also told her that This guy have lower maintenance. She kinda buy that

but now she's asking, " You say your bike got lesser problems now, but why are you going to bike shop every week?" (Actually it's the most twice a month).

Not to repair but to add things, change oil, pay installment.

My wife like the X9 cos she sat on my firend's one before.

My excuse, Sounds lame but true to a certain extent.

My excuse is Expensive, Too big for me to squeeze thru jam when i go to work

at ubi side. Big bike means higher maintenance(This one is smoke screen. I lied)

And harder to control (half rubbish also.)

But her ultimate respond is ," Aiyah, u happy can already lah. No need to ask me.

becasue u will be riding most of the time."

To a certain extent it's true cos, I already have a kid. So weekend, bike is at carpark. Go out I take BMW (Bus MRT Walk). Weekdays, we are too lazy to go out.

Maybe occasionally If we are not tired, then we will go somewhere on bike to find makan. But usually not too far.

hahaha... yes I mentioned most of the above but her beef was that I travel up and down NSH most of the time and a maxi scoot with a windscreen would be more comfortable and safer.

and also the storage space as we sometimes go shopping in the weekends...

and the comfort of carrying a dog around to parks...

oh well.... the heart is willing but but... sighs.... :cry:

Originally posted by edwinT@Sep 13 2005, 02:20 PM

Too much excitement is not good at all!

Think u have said my mind. I am still sourcing around, but not so soon for the change.

July 2004 to Nov 2006 X9 amalfi

Dec 2006 to Jan 2010 Honda SilverWing 400

Feb 2010 to Nov 2015 Honda Fit

Dec 2015 to Oct 2017 Toyota ISIS

Feb 2017 to May 2017 Honda ST1300

Jun 2017 onwards Honda Silverwing 400

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6333/image00076ka5.jpg

patriots, good luck on your search man.

Just to share with you what I've found out so far to make your transition to the "dark" side smoother.

Based on my age, 30.

The GTS200 is around 7.2k+ OTR and the PGO Gmax150 is 6.5k+

GTS FC on average is assumed to be 29km/L while Gmax is assumed to be 35km/L

Spare parts wise they're both around the same price, expecting to pay around $70+ for parts cost when changing belt/roller/clip vs $150 for an X9.

Cost savings assuming 30k km mileage per year vs current X9

Petrol (based on msian petrol prices here!!!), I'll save around $330 per year for a GTS while $450 for a Gmax.

Transmission servicing assuming once every 10k km, I'd save $220 per year.

Total up to be one whooping $550 for a GTS and $670 for a Gmax per year.

Advantages of the Gmax will be that there's no radiator/impeller pump etc to deal with. These stuff do break down often.

Disadvantages would be the storage size for us who are used to the X9, and also the wind blast. Just a matter of getting used to it if we're determined enough... heh heh....

A GTS would be a seamless transition as it is still a maxi scoot offering the same amount of storage space and comfort. Your pillion's legs will thank you as GTS uses those flip out foot rest.

Originally posted by edwinT@Sep 16 2005, 12:12 PM

patriots, good luck on your search man.

Just to share with you what I've found out so far to make your transition to the "dark" side smoother.

Based on my age, 30.

The GTS200 is around 7.2k+ OTR and the PGO Gmax150 is 6.5k+

GTS FC on average is assumed to be 29km/L while Gmax is assumed to be 35km/L

Spare parts wise they're both around the same price, expecting to pay around $70+ for parts cost when changing belt/roller/clip vs $150 for an X9.

Cost savings assuming 30k km mileage per year vs current X9

Petrol (based on msian petrol prices here!!!), I'll save around $330 per year for a GTS while $450 for a Gmax.

Transmission servicing assuming once every 10k km, I'd save $220 per year.

Total up to be one whooping $550 for a GTS and $670 for a Gmax per year.

Advantages of the Gmax will be that there's no radiator/impeller pump etc to deal with. These stuff do break down often.

Disadvantages would be the storage size for us who are used to the X9, and also the wind blast. Just a matter of getting used to it if we're determined enough... heh heh....

A GTS would be a seamless transition as it is still a maxi scoot offering the same amount of storage space and comfort. Your pillion's legs will thank you as GTS uses those flip out foot rest.

Thats a good one, thanks..:lovestruck:

Actually, I prefer the GTS because it similar to X9 and the storage it offers, somemore it doesn't have X9 prob. :lovestruck:

But also what I learn from my X9, bikes of 3 years or usage more than around 50K km mileage, the real long term prob will start coming out. So still too early to say that GTS is good. So I am still waiting for GTS rider feedback in times to come.. haha.. I am not rushing it cos no $$ :pity:

July 2004 to Nov 2006 X9 amalfi

Dec 2006 to Jan 2010 Honda SilverWing 400

Feb 2010 to Nov 2015 Honda Fit

Dec 2015 to Oct 2017 Toyota ISIS

Feb 2017 to May 2017 Honda ST1300

Jun 2017 onwards Honda Silverwing 400

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6333/image00076ka5.jpg

i pillion most of the time n i will most probz add a box to it coz i wan more storage when i go shopping.

read thru e forum here n realise tat it is not so advisable to put a box. e fact tat i pillion most of e time n i will fully utilise e storage space under e seat + e box .. think Gmax dun suit me ? hmm ...

Im a person who dun really focus on technical issue but more to the 'feel' type of person.

Really its not advisable to add a box unless a small one. I used to have a givi E450 but it shake badly due to its weight.

Guess if there are pros there will be cons as well. its may be small w good manourve, superb pickup, killer looks, little problems but then its becomes less storage, less comfy as compared to maxis, more diff to squeeze they heavy trafic, heavier etc...

Diff to have best of both worlds also.

For me personally, if my bike dun give me problems, there is nothing better i can ask for. Also I really like this bike's pickup, low maintenance and looks. Everytime got ppl stop to ask me abt my bike. 1 time got one rider talk to me when i was travelling still moving...wah lao.

Your attitude is either your best friend or worst enemy, your greatest asset or your greatest liability.

Originally posted by wolverlne@Sep 16 2005, 06:15 PM

haha .. kinda dangerous sia

but then .. i pillion most of e time .. even w/o box, wif e pillion on .. oso extra weight rite? wont it be unstable?

pillion no coz the pillion is sitting near u so not much of a prob. im talking abt a big box with heavy stuffs inside as the box is further bk to the rear so will shake. When the box shake it will somehow send the unstableness to the front part of the bike. however not that dangeorus as it sound. for me coz soemtimes i like to ride with one hand so can feel the tremble. now with my small box no prob at all.

Sigh... my point of view is, every individual have their own needs n requirements concerning buying bikes or cars. some like relax ride with big storage capacity. some like big bike but zero storage space n so on. :thumb:

n 2 b frank, even when i ride my super 4, with the kappa 42L box, handle bar oso shake. i believe most of the bikes got this prob cos most of the bikes is not designed 2 have box not like ST11. :smile:

as 4 me, i still miss my super 4 cos i'm being bullied by nasty road users who c new bikes n they bully. :cry:

n i'm like on trial using this bike, hoping this bike wun give me much prob in yrs 2 come n that's the most impt thing. super4 fast so wat? time's up, have 2 change parts again n ex some more.

anyway, it's up 2 individual lor. but G-MAX EVO is a good transport bike. but i would like 2 convert it 2 racing scooter. :sweat: :sweat:

Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05

PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07

Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09

Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13

Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??

Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??

almost 4got 2 update. had used caltex silver, so far so good, the handling feels good n wun vibrate so much during stationary. power wise ok. but waiting 2 change after market parts 2 enhance the performance so we can teach the cars not 2 bully the G-MAX EVOs. :cheeky:

just now got a cab like wanna race with a scooter sia. whack until 120km/h. :cry: heart so pain. 1 cylinder 1 piston only. so scared it'll detorate fast. sigh. damn that cab.

anyway, cheers n safe riding!!:cheer:

Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05

PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07

Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09

Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13

Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??

Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??

Originally posted by bassdriver@Sep 18 2005, 12:15 PM

used gmax for sale...4mth only

interested? asking 5k ...

yo bro really decided liao ah? changing to bigbike?