SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

PLEASE, I BEG YOU TO RECONSIDER, to give allowance time for rider to insert their cas

mi5trooper

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the case of another dude:

---

Appeal rejected after police reviewed case

Todayonline

Tuesday • July 3, 2007

Letter from Toh Boon Ngee, Assistant Director (Media Relations) (Covering), Public Affairs Department, Singapore Police Force

The Police would like to inform Mr Anuar Md Rais ("At times, it's safer to pull over", June 21) that after he sent his letter of appeal on April 25, the Traffic Police reviewed the case and found that the offence of stopping his vehicle on the road shoulder along Bukit Timah Expressway (BKE) had been correctly reported.

We then informed him on May 7 that his appeal had been rejected.

Before issuing the summons on April 4, our officer had stopped on the road shoulder and observed that Mr Anuar and five other motorcyclists were standing next to their motorcycles, with no signs of debris, breakdown or emergency.

They only moved off after our officer signalled for them to do so. All six motorcyclists were then booked for the same offence.

The Traffic Police have been taking enforcement action against motorists who stop illegally at this location along the BKE to wait for their friends before or after a trip across the Causeway, in response to feedback received from members of public.

The Police would also like to clarify that vehicles are only allowed to stop on the shoulder of the expressways in cases of emergencies, like vehicular breakdowns.

The offence of stopping vehicles along the shoulder of the expressways entails a composition amount of $130 and four demerit points.

While the Traffic Police will continue to enforce road rules and educate road users, we strongly urge all motorists to play their part in making our roads safer.

He who hesitates is lost!

just a thought.

1. i presumming the fine is issue by tp. which i belief may enforce their rightful duty with more thoughts and investigation. (subjected that he is not in a hurry to xxx. and he is really patience to investigate the issue and back with evident)

2. in gantry case, it is most likely to be traffic warrent. not traffic police. their duty (base on what i was told) is to view, issue the fine. no communicate and no investigation. their duty is to issue fine ticket. i do not know if they have a quota or not.

3. the case above illustrate that stopping at the road can be awarded with fine. "what if" the issue person didn't really investigate into the matter (i presume less likely in the case of our respectful police). it is a officer words against a peasant words.

hmm... i think the above writting is getting off topic and slightly emotion. by right i should just delete off. i am posting it just to think aloud. pls ignore this post if you don't like it. thanks.

northpole>>> oh ok, i misinterpreted your earlier post. :sorry:

anyway, i think the main point you're making is that irregular journeys can

create confusion/ forgetfulness leading to having no cashcard in the IU, right?

mi5trooper>>> i think that by overly securing your IU, you inadvertantly make it

a much more tempting target for thieves, thinking that something so

protected would surely hold a very valuable cashcard.

what you really need to do for now is to invest in an alarm system and a

cashcard reminder. afterwards, make it a habit to start every journey by inserting

the cashcard before you start the bike.

so then,

1) you'd always have a cashcard in the IU when riding

=> no need to stop by the road shoulder near the gantry

2) the cashcard reminder will ensure you remove the cashcard after parking

=> no more stolen cashcards

3) the alarm would deter potential theives who set it off

=> less possibility of damage to your bike

mods done:

powerplant device, fuel injector venturis,

underseat cylindrical air filter, bassy stock cans,

super-sensitive in-built gyroscope, inertia-based accelerometer,

streamlined panniers (zero drag),

taped up wires, exposed grounding wires,

TBC mounted, custom tire pressures.

litre bikes watch out! :gun:

well pal. no worries.

the rule book says it is an offence. i forget the fine is 70 or 150. but i know it is 3 point.

yes, i mean really safely go to the shoulder with full signer and etc, with engine running and the stop is like 30 sec. and yes, people do get fine for this.

and yes, wearing rain coat and etc. that too is an offence to stop at the shoulder of the highway. "no excuse at all. we as rider should ride exit from the highway for rain gear wearing and enter into the highway for traveling again. or etc."

everyday i passed the gantry seeing people who really WAIT for the time to pass (at 6.15 pm. which mean they have to wait till 8pm). i said to myself why is heaven so unfair to honest people like me.

How i know they are waiting? they are sitting at the road sholder fences smoking and chatting. in my own word, i will say "there is no god watching over me".

anyway, i really feel that the rules "stop at road shoulder is not allow unless it is emergency (life and death)" is really xxxx. i mean the rule book should say "no stoping at road shoulder unless neccessary. road user should practice exteme cautious in nego into the road shoulder and ensure not a haze to other road user. or something like that". give fine if really must, but why give point?

I know that my comment will get "fire" at me again.

and basically my view is either

1. give us a thief-proof solution with our IU unit and cash card issue,

2. or write in the rule book to allow grace period of stopping at road shoulder /

3. or allocate a stopping area box at road shoulder before gantry location.

4. OR give alot of amber warning (similar to woodland custome cash card warning and last exit chance) for gantry usage.

will this comment bring attn to the related gov for consideration? I don't really think so. maybe just a "value your feedback".

Not many people will understand this issue from a 3rd party point of view. sigh...

i have a better oppinion. rather then to have the IU unit, they should install something that similar to the IU for bikes, but charging us by the number of times we passed by the gantry, and paying the sum at the end of the month. am thinking if they are capable of issuing $8 fines to us when we didnt have our cashcards in our IUs, they can also charge us according to our gantries' usage.

i dont see this as an unreasonable appeal, passing through gantries without cashcard is a 100% fine, so the ONLY reason why we didnt put it in is when we forget.

in the process of getting 2B...

Dreambike: HONDA NSR150SP

in my preview experience (bad). i have my bike kicked and push over (presumming it is the bike alarm issue).

I use to have a bike that have install alarm (quite reasonable price alarm type).

anyway, i saw (at my top floor) some one kicking my bike becos the alarm has went off. the bike fall to it's side. (the person was not catch. too late)

anyway, i did practice insert and remove the card. i have 99% cure the "forget to remove cash" issue by tieing the card to my key. (the 1% is when i forget my key on the bike).

but it is usually that 1% that kills people.

in chinese word "cure pain and not curse the illness".

"if" this is a cancer cell, "the advice" is to take the pain killer only. "take the pain killer and u won't feel the pain, u are going to die anyway, why should we cure you"

(just a point of view only. and i am quite happy that someone comes out with the cash card reminder or item like this. it shows that the public are more effective then the gov)

just something pop into my mind. for shareing only.

remember last time we only have tape and not cd player in the car. sometime we want to play cd, we insert a tape (shape) item into the tape player. the item will have a wire that connect to your cd player and play the cd.

How i wish there is a item like it that we can insert into the iu. the wire can pull all the way into the save box under the seat.

northpole>>> oh ok, i misinterpreted your earlier post. :sorry:

anyway, i think the main point you're making is that irregular journeys can

create confusion/ forgetfulness leading to having no cashcard in the IU, right?

mi5trooper>>> i think that by overly securing your IU, you inadvertantly make it

a much more tempting target for thieves, thinking that something so

protected would surely hold a very valuable cashcard.

what you really need to do for now is to invest in an alarm system and a

cashcard reminder. afterwards, make it a habit to start every journey by inserting

the cashcard before you start the bike.

so then,

1) you'd always have a cashcard in the IU when riding

=> no need to stop by the road shoulder near the gantry

2) the cashcard reminder will ensure you remove the cashcard after parking

=> no more stolen cashcards

3) the alarm would deter potential theives who set it off

=> less possibility of damage to your bike

i really up for this idea too.

I am thinking if i am the gov, i will need to invest a sum of money into a software engineer to develop the system. will i want to invest into these expenses or not?

What do u think?

Anyway, if i am the gov, i will invest. and i will also give a 30day gace period for the person to payup the fine via xxxx.

why 30day and not the usual 14 days? becos the mail will need time to travel.

just my wishful thinking only.

i have a better oppinion. rather then to have the IU unit, they should install something that similar to the IU for bikes, but charging us by the number of times we passed by the gantry, and paying the sum at the end of the month. am thinking if they are capable of issuing $8 fines to us when we didnt have our cashcards in our IUs, they can also charge us according to our gantries' usage.

i dont see this as an unreasonable appeal, passing through gantries without cashcard is a 100% fine, so the ONLY reason why we didnt put it in is when we forget.

• 9 months later...

I actually become more mindful of having my cashcard in mu IU and taking them out at the end of my journey. Ever since I my company shifted to CBD area, I had to whack through 2 ERP gantries every day( PIE after Lornie Road, SIm Lim's Bencoolen St)

Had enough of stupid Government fines and had to pay double every time I forgot to insert my cashcard into the IU.

$0.25 per entry towards end on peak period but had to fork out $8.50 for forgetting to put cashcard into IU. Reason is for "admin charge". KNN...one fine can last me a good 3 weeks.

http://blog.badmotorfinger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/2009_bmw_s1000rr_5.jpg

• 2 months later...

What's the outcome of the appeal? I'm sure they wouldn't wanna "waste" more $$ into developin another sytem/IU..The current IUs they have will go to "waste"..:rolleyes:

easy solution.. dun forget
Actually that isthe hardest..:cheeky:

09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

No use talking to the MIW. I've never expected the decision makers to listen to the public too. And don't think the MIW will take care of us. We gotta take care of ourselves. By the way... how many MIW ride a motorcycle as a main mode of transport?

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

Well as riders the best is before each journey just insert the cashcard into the unit and remember to take it out after each journey.However i think I got some gadget that might be useful for forgetful riders just like myself.

I just got myself a bike from a forummer who had this lil gadget installed onto the IU unit.The gadget works as such:

Start ur engine.

Insert cashcard.

Off ur engine.

Lil gadget will beep.(To signal that cashcard is still in the IU)

I will try to post some pics of the said gadget and u all decide. If good response maybe can start an MO.

Well as riders the best is before each journey just insert the cashcard into the unit and remember to take it out after each journey.However i think I got some gadget that might be useful for forgetful riders just like myself.

I just got myself a bike from a forummer who had this lil gadget installed onto the IU unit.The gadget works as such:

Start ur engine.

Insert cashcard.

Off ur engine.

Lil gadget will beep.(To signal that cashcard is still in the IU)

I will try to post some pics of the said gadget and u all decide. If good response maybe can start an MO.

You all see... ultimately we depend on ourselves. Depend on the MIW is a waste of time. :lol:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

My solution is to put the IU unit somewhere deep in my fairing so its inaccessible even by me unless I remove the head fairing. Then I top up $100 or more into the cashcard and forget about it for the next few months.

hmm i don't think can detect.. o_O

Frankly speaking why should they help, give time allowance and forfeit the free $10 admin fee they can earn?

Afterall, the ERP is out to squeeze money from road users already. Why would they settle for less?

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7641/54688861td1.jpg

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~

I am slow please don't bully me.

wa. didnt know that to stop and put cash card oso cant? i tot last time can de? the govt nowadays really out to eat our money sia. they so rich already still wan eat money from us. so unfair. sooner or later all will be tinking of migrating le.

:sian: :sian: :sian:

class 2A- 7/9/10

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj304/sypx/P140209_1713.jpg

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;13;116/st/20060214/e/i%27m+with+u+%3A%29/dt/13/k/e39c/event.png

Chocolate lover <3

• 3 months later...

Hey, actually a cheap way is to KEEP THE CURRENT SYSTEM, but instead of using cash card, bill us at the end of the month, or whenever the amount exceeds $50.

IF YOU CAN SEND LETTERS THREATENING US TO PAY UP,25 CENTS OR BE CHARGED IN COURT,

YOU CAN BILL US MONTHLY ERP BILLS ! :angry:

WE BIKERS ARE NOT CHEAPSKATES. WE DON'T MIND PAYING FOR THE POSTAGE STAMP.

SO DON'T SAY THIS WILL INCUR MORE COST FOR THE GOVERNMENT

If the amount is like $0.25, for the entire year, OBVIOUSLY the guy has not been using the roads much, and did not add to the Traffic Congestion Problem and the government should just be gracious and skip the 25 cents bill altogether!

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

Hey, actually a cheap way is to KEEP THE CURRENT SYSTEM, but instead of using cash card, bill us at the end of the month, or whenever the amount exceeds $50.

IF YOU CAN SEND LETTERS THREATENING US TO PAY UP,25 CENTS OR BE CHARGED IN COURT,

YOU CAN BILL US MONTHLY ERP BILLS ! :angry:

WE BIKERS ARE NOT CHEAPSKATES. WE DON'T MIND PAYING FOR THE POSTAGE STAMP.

SO DON'T SAY THIS WILL INCUR MORE COST FOR THE GOVERNMENT

If the amount is like $0.25, for the entire year, OBVIOUSLY the guy has not been using the roads much, and did not add to the Traffic Congestion Problem and the government should just be gracious and skip the 25 cents bill altogether!

alternatively,

check online how much we need to pay then pay online lor.. but my guess is nothing much is going to be done..

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

alternatively,

check online how much we need to pay then pay online lor.. but my guess is nothing much is going to be done..

Yar lor! They can put online & on AXA say we didn't put cash card, must pay $10 for a 25 cent ERP.

But instead of letting us PAY AS YOU USE using the same system, they force us to buy those lousy cash cards, that don't even work sometimes!

Really too much man! :angry:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

Aiya no use and no point talking to the authorities...they will not do anything one..just pay up and hope dun forget again lor..we should rename this country as "lee Jia Puo" and not "sin Jia Puo" ..u know y? its own by the LEEs family. They can do whatever they want. What they said are gospel. ppl like us just suck thumb and obey la. democracy..ya rite...

己所ä¸æ¬²ï¼Œå‹¿æ–½äºŽäºº