SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

VFR General Enquiry Thread

Speedy81

i tried d/l from the links posted in our VFR group but the link seems to be dead.. i try to go search for it later ba.. thks!! :cheeky:

We all only live once. Enjoy the ride. Glad to have met all the wonderful friends through the spirit of riding. Ride safe people!

2002 - 2003 - Honda CM 125

2003 - 2009 - Honda Super 4 Version S

2009 - 2011 - Honda VFR 800.

2011 - Present - Honda Silverwing GT

"I realised i'm a very staunch Honda supporter. Lol"

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i tried d/l from the links posted in our VFR group but the link seems to be dead.. i try to go search for it later ba.. thks!! :cheeky:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5478/tutz.th.jpg

see if tis would help..

this is the left side bulb assembly, the screw on the most bottom left is the 1 for vertical beam adjusment and vice versa for the right hand side..

Note: this is actually taken frm 5th gen manual.. dunno whether it will be the same for 6th gen..

:cheers:

http://forum.geizhals.at/files/2455/Vfr_logo.jpg

mine was a 5th gen '98 FI.. so if u are looking at 6th gen, it will be FI too...

PS: if u r looking for a 6th gen vfr, mayb u can try contact bro seahmh, he is selling his...

im probably looking at e side exhuast model.. u know anywhere to source for it?

Past Ride: FV5283E(KRR150) FL1135D(GSXR400RP) FQ1692K(CBR400RR) FQ2815S(NSR250RSP) FY7366X(Y125Z) FS366Z(YZF-R6S) FX8000A(Y125Z) FQ6261M(NSR250RSP) FBD1686U(GSX-R 1000 K8) FX8000A(SYM NEW FIGHTER 150) FBL2085E(YZF-R1 RN22)

Present Ride:

-

Live To Ride :popcorn:

Too late, bro Ryan...

Traded in mine last weekend...

But you can go to the "A" bike shop at Bukit Merah Lane to look at it.

There are two VFRs there for you to view.

Mine, the mileage of FBB 4*4 is around 35,000+ KM.

Just did my valve clearances about two months back... So you can save a few hundreds on doing it. :)

thks for info... ^_^

Past Ride: FV5283E(KRR150) FL1135D(GSXR400RP) FQ1692K(CBR400RR) FQ2815S(NSR250RSP) FY7366X(Y125Z) FS366Z(YZF-R6S) FX8000A(Y125Z) FQ6261M(NSR250RSP) FBD1686U(GSX-R 1000 K8) FX8000A(SYM NEW FIGHTER 150) FBL2085E(YZF-R1 RN22)

Present Ride:

-

hmmm.. i see tat u hav 2 bikes wif u now... may i noe wat bike? i m still struggling hard on whether to downgrade my bike... mayb we can trade.... haha

haiz... money no enuff sia...

hahahaha... Same Same here... Money not enough due to HDB flat came and renovations on the way, so got to downgrade to a 171cc scooter for daily commuting... :)

Honda Phantom TA200, FV5349A (19/04/2005 - 28/06/2006)

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1, FS6537H (28/06/2006 - 13/02/2007)

Yamaha FJR1300 ABS, FBB661H (13/02/2007 - 31/05/2008)

Honda VFR800 ABS, FBB 404 J (31/05/2008 - 15/08/2009)

ADIVA AD 200, FBD 36 C (15/08/2009 - 13/05/2010, 1430hrs)

Yamaha FZ6N, FBA 7274 B (13/05/2010, 1430hrs - 03/05/2016, 1840hrs)

Yamaha FZ8, FBF 61*9 T (07/05/2016, 1130hrs - )

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5478/tutz.th.jpg

see if tis would help..

this is the left side bulb assembly, the screw on the most bottom left is the 1 for vertical beam adjusment and vice versa for the right hand side..

Note: this is actually taken frm 5th gen manual.. dunno whether it will be the same for 6th gen..

:cheers:

For 5th genners, there is a tiny hole about 6mm diameter in the plastic shroud just ahead of the adjusting screw for the head light. All you need to do is to thread a screw driver thru that hole and aim (by feel) for the adjusting screw shown in loufu's pic. So its super easy.This is for up-down adj. For sideway adj, you need to reach below the head fairing with a spanner. No need to remove any plastic.

Don't know abt 6th genners tho.

hmmm.. i see tat u hav 2 bikes wif u now... may i noe wat bike? i m still struggling hard on whether to downgrade my bike... mayb we can trade.... haha

haiz... money no enuff sia...

er..tis 2bikes im having nw, both r e same bike i bought back again.. so they would be wit me for long term.. hee

just looking for another new "wife" :cheeky:

Present Ride:

-

er..tis 2bikes im having nw, both r e same bike i bought back again.. so they would be wit me for long term.. hee

just looking for another new "wife" :cheeky:

Polygamy...... hahahahahahaha... :cheeky: :angel: :cheeky: :angel:

Honda Phantom TA200, FV5349A (19/04/2005 - 28/06/2006)

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1, FS6537H (28/06/2006 - 13/02/2007)

Yamaha FJR1300 ABS, FBB661H (13/02/2007 - 31/05/2008)

Honda VFR800 ABS, FBB 404 J (31/05/2008 - 15/08/2009)

ADIVA AD 200, FBD 36 C (15/08/2009 - 13/05/2010, 1430hrs)

Yamaha FZ6N, FBA 7274 B (13/05/2010, 1430hrs - 03/05/2016, 1840hrs)

Yamaha FZ8, FBF 61*9 T (07/05/2016, 1130hrs - )

can say so.. haha!

Present Ride:

-

For 5th genners, there is a tiny hole about 6mm diameter in the plastic shroud just ahead of the adjusting screw for the head light. All you need to do is to thread a screw driver thru that hole and aim (by feel) for the adjusting screw shown in loufu's pic. So its super easy.This is for up-down adj. For sideway adj, you need to reach below the head fairing with a spanner. No need to remove any plastic.

Don't know abt 6th genners tho.

tats wat i thot after lookin up at the manual, but however i tried i cant seems to be able to feel any screws there...

and the weirdest part is i adjusted the headlights wif the screws i mention abv.. :sian:

http://forum.geizhals.at/files/2455/Vfr_logo.jpg

• 2 months later...

Guys,

About four days ago, I noticed that my Viffer has suddenly started operating at a higher temperature. From my initial diagnostic, it seems that the temperature is plus 10 deg, meaning, my cruising temp is 94 instead of 84 and the fan kicks in at 106 instead of 96....

So far, I'm starting on the cost-free rectifications. Coolant is at optimum level inside the reservoir and no leaks. Next, I'm gonna check on the fuse for the thermostat.

Just need to know if any bros out there encountered this...

"Keep your friends close but your enemies closer"

Guys,

About four days ago, I noticed that my Viffer has suddenly started operating at a higher temperature. From my initial diagnostic, it seems that the temperature is plus 10 deg, meaning, my cruising temp is 94 instead of 84 and the fan kicks in at 106 instead of 96....

So far, I'm starting on the cost-free rectifications. Coolant is at optimum level inside the reservoir and no leaks. Next, I'm gonna check on the fuse for the thermostat.

Seem like a thermostat issue. Ckc also encountering this problem,so far he had changed coolant,hoses,check radiator fins and replaced one of the radiator.The problem is still there.Replacing the thermostat will be next on his list.

Past rides are already history....

Current ride: FW VFR 800 ABS

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s254/james9295/DSC_0200.jpg

Seem like a thermostat issue. Ckc also encountering this problem,so far he had changed coolant,hoses,check radiator fins and replaced one of the radiator.The problem is still there.Replacing the thermostat will be next on his list.

Errrpppp!!! There goes my year end bonus. Perhaps I should start with the cursory checks and testing of the thermostat fuse first....

Checked the fuse for the cooling fan - Working.

Checked hoses - No leaks

Checked radiators - No dents

Fans - Working (albeit at high temperature)

Water Pumps - Working as the coolant appears to be moving in the reservoir

So, I guess I've got a faulty thermostat or ECT sensor. Prices seen at ronayers.com -

Thermostat assembly - US$28

Cannot find the guage or ECT though...

Open yr radiator cap to check the coolant level too.I once had the cap losing itself pressure,and encounter high temp issue.Replaced it and everything went well.

Hope it's really the thermostat for yr case.

Past rides are already history....

Current ride: FW VFR 800 ABS

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s254/james9295/DSC_0200.jpg

Guys,

Experiencing this problem too..

Regardless Of Bike Class, Colour, Make Or Model

Live To Ride Bike While We Still Can

Always Ride A Honda :thumb:

anyone selling a 5th gen? a sworn brother of mine wants

April 99 red color, just renew COE. How much he's willing to pay?

20 years of riding:-

Bikes:

1986 - Yamaha RX100

1987 - Yamaha LC125

1988 - Yamaha LC350

1989 - Yamaha FZ400

1991 - Yamaha FZ750

1995 - Suzuki GSXR750

1997 - Kawasaki ZXR750K2 (race bike)

2002 - Yamaha FZR1000

2003 - Honda VFR800Fi

What's next?

Cars:

1996 - Nissan 100FA

1997 - Hyundai Elantra

1998 - Honda Civic

2001 - Toyota Corona

2002 - Renault Scenic

2004 - Toyota Picnic

Experiencing this problem too..

Bo,

Have you done anything to rectify this problem? For what I gather from the bros at vfrworld, the problem is not exactly critical until the coolant indicator lights up. So far, mine hasn't (fingers crossed)...

Guys,

Yup - happened to me. I suspect it is air lock in the radiator as it happened only after I changed the coolant. So I did a careful air purge - by loosing the fan switch a few turns to allow air bubbles trapped below the fan switch to bubble through. When the bubbling subsides, tighten down the fan switch.

So my guess is there is air lock ahead of the fan switch that caused the temperature to rise before the fan kicks in.

Otherwise it is likely to be a faulty fan switch which is a much cheaper and simpler replacement than the thermostat. It is unlikely to be the thermostat as it did kick in - just at an elevated temperature.

As James say, it could also be a faulty radiator cap - another cheap fix.

Edited by vfrT

Bo,

Have you done anything to rectify this problem? For what I gather from the bros at vfrworld, the problem is not exactly critical until the coolant indicator lights up. So far, mine hasn't (fingers crossed)...

Nothing yet..(fingers crossed) :angel:

Anyway try bro vfrT's advice..

Regardless Of Bike Class, Colour, Make Or Model

Live To Ride Bike While We Still Can

Always Ride A Honda :thumb:

Guys,

Mirkhan Bro ,

try replacing the radiator cap first .

the rubber seal might have worn out overtime causing evaporation.

i got mine @ Chong Aik Honda for

hope what u encounter is just what i've encounter before...

not more than that. :thumb:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

" People are like Motorcycles ; Each is customized a bit differently " c",)

Yup - happened to me.

... it could also be a faulty radiator cap - another cheap fix.

I gave this some thot and did a bit of Goggling & came up with this - (some irrelevant notes have been removed)

Q: What are the symptoms of a bad radiator cap?

A: A radiator cap has several functions. (1) ... (2) By keeping pressure on the cooling system, it raises the boiling point. (3) ...

Based on this fact, my prognosis that the elevated temperature reading is due to a faulty cap may be wrong. If the cap is faulty and unable to maintain the required pressure, then the coolant would boil over and be unable to reach the raised temperature ie it could not go significantly above the 100 deg boiling point.

So if you see a significantly higher temperature reading >100deg, it means the cap is holding up well.

Any comments?