SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

VFR General Enquiry Thread

Speedy81

If the cap is faulty and unable to maintain the required pressure, then the coolant would boil over and be unable to reach the raised temperature ie it could not go significantly above the 100 deg boiling point.

There is a spring mechanism in the cap which lifts up the cap to release the pressure from the system when it exceeds a value. Could it also be possible that a faulty radiator cap fails to release pressure, leading to higher-than-normal pressure?

"If you can't go fast with 90hp, 900hp won't help you" - Bob Hall

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps my check of the radiator cap could be just cursory. I'll have it replaced and update you guys if it works.

Thanks guys!

Problem rectified. Errr.... My bad.

Apparently, I accidentally reset my Trip B meter, which is meant to calculate my servicing intervals. I don't know how long that was but I reckon it must have been 20,000 km since my last interval. After the coolant flush and engine oil change, everything is back to normal. Phew!!

"Keep your friends close but your enemies closer"

Apparently, I accidentally reset my Trip B meter, which is meant to calculate my servicing intervals. I don't know how long that was but I reckon it must have been 20,000 km since my last interval. After the coolant flush and engine oil change, everything is back to normal. Phew!!

:faint:

sorry for my curiousity ...

what have it got to do with the temperature with changing the engine oil ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

" People are like Motorcycles ; Each is customized a bit differently " c",)

:faint:

sorry for my curiousity ...

what have it got to do with the temperature with changing the engine oil ?

The viscosity of the oil has deteriorated and is less efficient at reducing friction, hence causing the moving parts to operate at a higher temperature. Especially with my riding style, I need to change the oil more regularly.

The viscosity of the oil has deteriorated and is less efficient at reducing friction, hence causing the moving parts to operate at a higher temperature. Especially with my riding style, I need to change the oil more regularly.

got it ! :thumb:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i tot trip meter only can go up to 1K km then reset? how u calculate ur servicing interval?

http://forum.geizhals.at/files/2455/Vfr_logo.jpg

Dear viffers, does anyone knows whether the OEM side panniers + rack for 2009 model is able to fit onto older models such as 2002? Juz wondering if they will fit.. Cos i tht they shld fit cos the body doesnt seems to have much changes from '02 to '09.. Maybe the owners with side panniers currently can help to shed some light on this.. Thks!! :)

We all only live once. Enjoy the ride. Glad to have met all the wonderful friends through the spirit of riding. Ride safe people!

2002 - 2003 - Honda CM 125

2003 - 2009 - Honda Super 4 Version S

2009 - 2011 - Honda VFR 800.

2011 - Present - Honda Silverwing GT

"I realised i'm a very staunch Honda supporter. Lol"

Tripmeter A is up to 1K. Tripmeter B is up to 5 digits....

haha... din noe tat.. coz i always on trip A..

anyway , thats for 6th Gen tripmeter .

not sure bout 5th Gen though ~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
Machine price should be 18-19K. So far, no news of them ceasing production of the 800 even though the 1200 is coming early/mid 2010.

Hi, i'm a newbie here. Like many out there, i'm looking for a new bike. My class 2 test is next year in jan.

I just checked with boonsiew honda. THey're not discontinuing the VFR800 for 2010. and brand new will set you back SGD26k excluding COE/Insurance.

I say SGD18-19k is a steal then.

Still in a midst of deciding, between a FZ6, XJ6, F650GS or VFR800. slightly towards a VFR800 at the moment, but the price from boon siew could put me off.

cheers

TA200 - 10/2007 -

VFR800 ABS - 03/2010

http://www.seantmurphy.com/VFR/cartoon2.jpg

Hi, i'm a newbie here. Like many out there, i'm looking for a new bike. My class 2 test is next year in jan.

I just checked with boonsiew honda. THey're not discontinuing the VFR800 for 2010. and brand new will set you back SGD26k excluding COE/Insurance.

I say SGD18-19k is a steal then.

Still in a midst of deciding, between a FZ6, XJ6, F650GS or VFR800. slightly towards a VFR800 at the moment, but the price from boon siew could put me off.

cheers

Forget about Boon Siew. The price is bumped up quite high for "preferential" servicing and whatnots, which you can find elsewhere. Most bikeshops, like HKL & Motoworld are familiar with VFR servicing and parts are readily available. So, you can source out for parallels. Why not try to check out the prices from Bike Production & De Xing. It shouldn't hit $23K OTR.

What about Bandit 650? SV650?

Email guay_hansen @hotmail.com

My blog at snowparang.blogdrive.com

http://www.pbase.com/snowparang/image/79866156/medium.jpg http://www.pbase.com/snowparang/image/95749015/original.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
First Off, let's thank Andy the owner of the SIngaporebikes forum for creating the VFR user group.

I hope to use this forum to post all details of gatherings, track days, tour rides ect.

So don't waste time and let's start posting

Can any1 tell me what is the machine price for a 2009 VFR800? im planning to get a VFR, any suggestion which shop should i get it? & roughly hw much will it be OTR for a 26yr man? Quick2, im itching to get 1. :cheeky:

Can any1 tell me what is the machine price for a 2009 VFR800? im planning to get a VFR, any suggestion which shop should i get it? & roughly hw much will it be OTR for a 26yr man? Quick2, im itching to get 1. :cheeky:

Brand New around 24k+ otr

u might want to try for 2nd hand

there a few on sale now

Good Luck Hunting :)