SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

VFR General Enquiry Thread

Speedy81

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow if its below $20K it is quite a good deal.. last time VFRs used to go for $22 to $23K..

=)

If u ask me, if u dun mind 2nd hand, it is definately well worth the $$. As it is an extremely reliable machine, 2nd hand doesnt make much difference IMO, as long as the previous owner took good care of it. I'm sure many Viffers here will agree tat other than basic maintenance, VFR rarely gives problems. =)

We all only live once. Enjoy the ride. Glad to have met all the wonderful friends through the spirit of riding. Ride safe people!

2002 - 2003 - Honda CM 125

2003 - 2009 - Honda Super 4 Version S

2009 - 2011 - Honda VFR 800.

2011 - Present - Honda Silverwing GT

"I realised i'm a very staunch Honda supporter. Lol"

• 1 month later...

Hi guys juz poppin a few questions abt the vfr on behalf of a fren of mine whose very keen abt tis machine

1) isit diff to maintain a v4...?

2) interested in a vfr 03 twin exhaust....

3) any idea abt the market rate & resales value of a vfr bike shop or owner to owner

4) all vfr are using cbs or...?

5) are the parts readily available & reasonally priced...?

6) kinda worried abt the maintainence due to the 2 radiator by the side.....

7) hw many L of EO does it take wif / wifout oil filter

plus v4 is a totally new type of engine to him...

Care to share any advice...?

Regards n Thanks

Motore Bici

For your Motorcycling & Lifestyle needs

Regards n Thanks

Roger gave short and sharp and good answers to the rest, allow me this one.

In my opinion, the V4 is the best engine configuration as it is compact and the power output is very linear -unlike the inline 4s, which tend to be quite brutal in their power delivery.

For many riders, it is this brutal delivery that gives the impression that the il4s are more powerful. So much so that even the 6th gen (underseat exhaust) VFR has a vTec power curve to mimic the kick of the il4 when it reaches a certain rpm.

However, the V4 is also being mimicked by Yamaha's 09 R1 and Valentino Rossi's M1. So you decide.

I have owned singles, V-twins, il4s and V4s and still own a few of them, but the VFR (5th gen) is still my fav.

HI all viffer rider

i am ridding a cb1000r the new naked honda and i am looking for a viffer 06 model onward 2nd hand.. i had tested my friend viffer and started to fall in love with it but before i change i would like to know some info from u guys

1) how many Km can it go for 1L of fuel?

2) isit really that hot on the bike when u stuck in a jam?

3) last but not less! anyone wanna sell your viffer? =P or wanna do a trade with my cb 1000R =)

wishing all a happy lunar new year huart ar!!! :angel:

2004 TA 200

2006 Comet GT 125

2006 Baby kawa 150 krr

2006 Honda RVF

2009 Honda CB 1000 R (The beast had been Release!)

2010 Yamaha FJR 1300

Next will it be BMW 1600 or quit ridding go for 4 wheel ???

END UP i drive :cry: but i really miss my fjr..

HI all viffer rider

i am ridding a cb1000r the new naked honda and i am looking for a viffer 06 model onward 2nd hand.. i had tested my friend viffer and started to fall in love with it but before i change i would like to know some info from u guys

1) how many Km can it go for 1L of fuel?

2) isit really that hot on the bike when u stuck in a jam?

3) last but not less! anyone wanna sell your viffer? =P or wanna do a trade with my cb 1000R =)

wishing all a happy lunar new year huart ar!!! :angel:

just sharing to the best of my knowledge ...

1) on average estimated 16-17 KM/L (6th Gen fuel consumption)

2) it depends what you are wearing below ur waist ...

if you are wearing shorts , for sure what u have beneath it will get 'fried up'. :angel:

3) you might want to PM MT23 or KISS ... :goodluck:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

" People are like Motorcycles ; Each is customized a bit differently " c",)

Hi guys juz poppin a few questions abt the vfr on behalf of a fren of mine whose very keen abt tis machine

1) isit diff to maintain a v4...?

2) interested in a vfr 03 twin exhaust....

3) any idea abt the market rate & resales value of a vfr bike shop or owner to owner

4) all vfr are using cbs or...?

5) are the parts readily available & reasonally priced...?

6) kinda worried abt the maintainence due to the 2 radiator by the side.....

7) hw many L of EO does it take wif / wifout oil filter

Regards n Thanks

With regards to the above.....

I'm the guy interested ....

as me was away then thus ask my bro to help me ask for more info....

am still deciding between a VFR 03 vs a Harley Sportser 883 L or R (05 to 09).....

& of course to see will I be in Spore for the next quater of the year as I might be called for some overseas work deployment.

I have read through most of the threads & found it very informative....:thumb:

V4 is a relatively new engine to me....

as with the pro arm, the Vtec, the CBS or LBS (& the brake hoses are darn expensive I believe)

I ridden many bikes b4 (ZX12R, FZS1000, HD 883L etc) & I love a V twin power (the torque, the pull at the initial stage); V4 not yet try....

This will be my 15th ride if i were to get her....

& I need to ride her for the next 3 yrs or more before I can sell (unless I truely love the bike )

As for the resales value...

I been asking around but seem that not much shop has gotten back to me (emails)

What would be the ideal price for a VFR (03 onward) stock condition??

So mind anyone can offer me more advice...?

Spares Pricing

Clutch plates full set

Performance & Maintenance Pricing

Top speed (stock condition; Really just curious as I know a V is not meant for that)

Top overhaul

Full overhaul

Stock Front & Rear Shock (enough for a big sized guy like me? 1.76m / 99kg)

Any thing to look out or take note for maintaining a VFR??

Will the pillion complain of "hot seat" since the exhausts are below??

Sorry for asking so many qns.....

hope you all don't mind....

& Thanks to vfrT & Roger for answering & explaining some of the queries

Thanks & Regards

Steven

:cheers:

Edited by stwb1981

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs773.ash1/166356_131601833567489_100001530181591_182770_5027349_n.jpg

More for less . . . Always!!!

M.B Products : Lifestyle, Performance, Electronics, Security, Accessories . . .

Click here ---> Visit Motore Bici Section for more details

• 3 weeks later...

I have been eyeing the 6th Gen VFR800 since the first days of my motorcycling life and I think the time has come for me to swing my leg over one. But before I plunk down the money I would like to pose a few question to those who have ridden a number of different bikes and driven a car.

1) How bad is the engine heat? My CBR400RR ran pretty hot, but I could endure it. How does the VFR compare? (I am slightly pampered now after switching to a car last year.)

2) Is low-end and midrange power beefy? I had a GSXR1000K4 which I seldom revved above 7000 rpm, so I know I am not too concerned about peak power.

3) Do the electronics break easily? The more advanced the bike, the more complicated the electronic wizardry. I hope I won't have to spend too much time and money trying to diagnose whacky electronic problems.

4) The golden question. What is the market price for a used '06 and newer model? ABS doesn't matter and I assume the hard bags are still available from FJT.

5) How much does it cost to own this bike as a commuter, on a per month basis? Assume that I pay the bike off with cash. I estimate my insurance will be about $800 and road tax is probably a couple hundred.

Honestly, I am downgrading from a car because I think I have better ways to spend that $1000 a month. The only time I am glad I have the car is when it's pouring or when the road condition is crap. I hope to save at least half of that by switching back to two wheels. And unlike when I had my GSXR, my wife actually "approved" of it this time provided I get the hard bags.

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

I'm no expert on all the qns u raised, but i wll juz share with u my experiences that i have had owning this bike thus far.

1) Having upgraded from a Super 4 to VFR, i was shocked at the high heat i had between my legs for the 1st 1 to 2 weeks of riding. But as times goes on, i gradually got used to it. And after asking around many of the experienced brothers around here, i came to know that Class 2 machines generally emit much more heat due to their bigger cc engines. So the heat although high, is still bearable. I shared this with a fren who is riding R1, and he let me experienced his bike after running for a while and THAT, is really hot in my opinion. =)

2) Honda has always been famous for smooth pick-up and linear acceleration for their machines. I'm not a very data person, but every time at the traffic lights, i will usually be the 1st one to move off in front of all the other bikes, and no, i did not drag the engine at all, juz normal move off not exceeding 6000rpm. Of cos, not comparing with other sports bike like R1 and Haya all these. Usually i will be behind them. Lol.

3) Electronic wise, i haven encountered(luckily) any problems yet, but according to a very experienced biker here who shared with me, is that the Rectifier and Magnetic Coil is the ones that will most easily get fried. There is also a ex owner who got his '06 model coil fried 2 times that he gave up and changed to a FZ1. But for the rest of us, we are lucky in this aspect that nothing has happen so far.( And pls keep it that way. *prays fervently)

4) Pricing wise, it will depend on whether are u getting it from the shops or another owner. Pros and cons i'm sure everyone will know. If buy from shop, u dunno how was it treated previously, and what funny things that was done to the bike before. But u can always go back to the bike shop for a while after u bought it if somethings comes up with the bike. Owner wise, imo, u can always be more assured if he is someone that takes care of the bike, he will definately want the best stuff for his bike, from things like EO, good spark plugs, maintainence, to more advanced stuff like brake hoses, disc rotors, high quality brake pads etc etc.

Regarding hard bags from FJT, i'm assuming that u are talking abt the OEM side panniers? Lol.. trust me, its really NOT easy and Not cheap to get the side panniers. Moreover, i dun think FJT carries them. I shld be the best person to know this lol, cos i also asked after for the panniers before. But if u can consider alternatives, can look for Guolong. He's selling his V35. =)

5)Cost of owning will depend on yur rate of usage and what kind of modifications and improvement tat u planned to do. But as a average, i spend less than $200 on petrol as the mileage for VFR is rather good.. Factor in ERP and season parking, i pay less than $300 per month. Parking wise, most shopping centres and places are free anyway. Juz know how to choose where to park.

Anyway this post is juz meant to share my personal experience in owning the bike thus far and in no way meant to show off or be ya-ya. =) The rest of the Viffers definately has much more to offer than my measely experience in owning this beauty thus far. So the rest of the bros, if i offer any wrong info somewhere, pls help to correct me and also to share more with rhema83. That's all folks! =) Hope this helps. :cheeky:

We all only live once. Enjoy the ride. Glad to have met all the wonderful friends through the spirit of riding. Ride safe people!

2002 - 2003 - Honda CM 125

2003 - 2009 - Honda Super 4 Version S

2009 - 2011 - Honda VFR 800.

2011 - Present - Honda Silverwing GT

"I realised i'm a very staunch Honda supporter. Lol"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Any idea if any paint shops here do re-sprays based on the original Honda colour codes? i might wanna respray just the tail part.. thanks in advance to any kind soul who's willing to help.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7100/vfrsiggy.jpg

Hi guys,

Any idea if any paint shops here do re-sprays based on the original Honda colour codes? i might wanna respray just the tail part.. thanks in advance to any kind soul who's willing to help.

go raymond can already right? thought you already sprayed your panniers?

When it comes to bikes, I only see red…

PARKING - Especially for short fellas

Hey guys, i upgraded myself from a phantom to a vfr800. quite a jump i must say.

it's been about 1.5 weeks, and i must say parking this thing is quite a 'sweaty' job. i can tip-toe both feet on the ground, but pushing it back (reversing) is pretty damn tough compared to the phantom.

any help here? any tips on parking it?

cheers

TA200 - 10/2007 -

VFR800 ABS - 03/2010

http://www.seantmurphy.com/VFR/cartoon2.jpg

Hey guys, i upgraded myself from a phantom to a vfr800. quite a jump i must say.

it's been about 1.5 weeks, and i must say parking this thing is quite a 'sweaty' job. i can tip-toe both feet on the ground, but pushing it back (reversing) is pretty damn tough compared to the phantom.

cheers

Welcome to the Viffers World !

I guess not only you who encounter this 'small problem'.

One thing that you can do is to put down the side stand first.

For any reason if the bike happen to lean on the left side , at least the side stand can be of help .

Alternatively , you try to get a parking lots (if its a parallel kind of parking) preferably the one on the outermost one .

Not only will this be more convenient but also will ease your 'sweaty' job in getting your bike out from the more inner parking lots .

Good Luck , Bro ! :thumb:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

" People are like Motorcycles ; Each is customized a bit differently " c",)

cheers

u have to be more alert when u want to park the bike..

for me, 1st thing when i m goin into a parking lot is to see whether there is any slope/slant toward 1 side anot...

park the butt in 1st, towards the downslope.. then u wont hav any prob riding off... :angel: hope it helps..

http://forum.geizhals.at/files/2455/Vfr_logo.jpg

1. Look out for those holes (where the grass grows out from) in those public lots.

2. When parking with main stand - also put down your side stand. - Reason is when you push the bike down from the main stand, you can quickly rest it on the side stand. (again look out for those grass holes on the ground.

3. Never park on soft soil....it will sink in.

4. Never park on a slope.

5. Remember to take out your cash card. :)

Welcome to the Viffers World !

I guess not only you who encounter this 'small problem'.

One thing that you can do is to put down the side stand first.

For any reason if the bike happen to lean on the left side , at least the side stand can be of help .

Alternatively , you try to get a parking lots (if its a parallel kind of parking) preferably the one on the outermost one .

Not only will this be more convenient but also will ease your 'sweaty' job in getting your bike out from the more inner parking lots .

Good Luck , Bro ! :thumb:

u have to be more alert when u want to park the bike..

for me, 1st thing when i m goin into a parking lot is to see whether there is any slope/slant toward 1 side anot...

park the butt in 1st, towards the downslope.. then u wont hav any prob riding off... :angel: hope it helps..

1. Look out for those holes (where the grass grows out from) in those public lots.

2. When parking with main stand - also put down your side stand. - Reason is when you push the bike down from the main stand, you can quickly rest it on the side stand. (again look out for those grass holes on the ground.

3. Never park on soft soil....it will sink in.

4. Never park on a slope.

5. Remember to take out your cash card. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

And the cash card is really useful. I've got mine nicked a couple of times on my phantom.

Yeah, i'm slowly learning now. Becoming an expert at spotting easy to park spots. and getting the rear in helps a lot!

Also, i'm planning a day trip to Malacca (visiting some relatives) next sat. Let me know if any of you would be interested.

cheers

bus_wrecker

TA200 - 10/2007 -

VFR800 ABS - 03/2010

http://www.seantmurphy.com/VFR/cartoon2.jpg

Also, i'm planning a day trip to Malacca (visiting some relatives) next sat. Let me know if any of you would be interested.

I and K.W( another vfr owner) are leaving for malacca on nxt fri,staying one nite there.

If you leaving on fri,let me know.We can ride together.

Past rides are already history....

Current ride: FW VFR 800 ABS

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s254/james9295/DSC_0200.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

And the cash card is really useful. I've got mine nicked a couple of times on my phantom.

Yeah, i'm slowly learning now. Becoming an expert at spotting easy to park spots. and getting the rear in helps a lot!

cheers

bus_wrecker

Welcome to the world of VFR and ride safe.

Yeah, parking takes preparation in terms of spotting where's good to park. Worse case just get off and push, no shame, cos it is quite a heavy bike.

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/4926/1961_7_168x113.jpghttp://img24.exs.cx/img24/6209/158_3_168x112.jpghttp://img99.exs.cx/img99/6289/index_04.gifhttp://img31.exs.cx/img31/5149/122006304_T.jpg

"Thy fate is the common fate of all;

into each life some rain must fall" - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow