SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

I live in yew tee. Yup, i just changed the battery to a new one but still can't work.

Metalfyre & jB, i am a laruku fan. I happened to find this logo on the net and decided to just use it. Lol. Hyde! Woots!

ps, how do i push start on a phantom 150 which doesn't have an electric start?

I don't know whats laruku, don't wanna ;) anyway turn your ignition key on, check your kill switch(emergency On/Off), clutch in, kick up to gear 2.

Prepare to sprint like you're challenging jB to 100m sprint in a stadium and run 4 steps(speed should go about 20+km/h already) and throw your clutch and also realise you lost to jB but you got a consolation.Your engine has started, but wait, once it starts, clutch in. And then you're good to go my man.

If that doesn't help, prepare $20-$25 and call for toll to get it to a realiable shop to do it for you.Or someone who can offer you his service.I'm not free these days ;) sorry my man.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

btw, it's good side income. I've been there before :). :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb:

just now went to ah boy to buy my 2T cap cover that i lost few weeks back and was quoted 10 bucks sia.

in the end decided not to buy haiz

use plastic lor.. :D

I live in yew tee. Yup, i just changed the battery to a new one but still can't work.

Metalfyre & jB, i am a laruku fan. I happened to find this logo on the net and decided to just use it. Lol. Hyde! Woots!

erm.. that's near north right..? lol.. problem solved yet?

http://www.weather.gov.sg/wip/pp/rndops/web/ship/gif/rad70.gif

theres a reason that these tools are only $2 and if you can find them in a mechanics toolbox I wouldnt be in any hurry to hire him.

if there's no label that says it costs $2, and it works good, would u question the mechanic asking how much it costs? A typical ah peh mechanic probably has tools bought from the same hardware store as you did for home maintainence.

:thumb:

Today went to Planet and asked Ah Chong to clean the carb. So nicely he went and ask the staff to clean the carb. after one hour when the carb job was coming to an end Ah chong came and was observing the job.

He looked perplexed, puzzled and then asked the mech. The mech answered.

The next moment he goes "Oi bruder you ask clean carbureator for what".

Now that really caught me off guard so I shot back "got nothing to do at home so come and waste your time lo. He laugh and said "if no problem better not clean, it get spoilt:slapforehead: :slapforehead: :slapforehead: My bad. If not broken don't fix it.

As for the back fire the air suction pump (between the tank and carb) was spoiled. Once changed (it sucked 60$ out of my pocket) no backfire and really better performance, coz petrol is burned rather then caughed out. A tell talesign is by revving it and clossing back. You should be able to hear a laud 'pop'. It is not life threatening failure ( to the bike or the biker) coz it is a valve to assist the air intake through the carb, so sticking with a pop-ing one would not kill your bike.

Performance wise - its worth it.

Ah ... forgot, last but not least : carb cleaning -$20, Air suction pump -$60, A mouthful of niceties thrown in for free from Ah Chong -Priceless

Cheers:thumb:

I just love the looks, feel and sound of an old good Guzzi, though it has been around since the time of my Grandfather. I guess "they" don't do things like that anymore! Well it's not true.

"They" still do URALS

Hi guys.

I'm a long long way to getting my 2B. But I need a learning helmet with the sticker. Dont like to use the school one as I heard those helmet's chances for being a stink bomb is very high.

Anyone knows where I can get inexpensive, full face helmet? With the sticker of course.

Regards

Vincent

My humble beginnings as a rider...

I've yet to see a someone wearing a full face at driving centres.. lol.

Anyway to jB and replay, the problem's solved! Finally. I think the carb got overflowed and i had to leave the engine running for awhile. After polluting the mscp with white smoke, it's able to run now. Thanks for the advises again yeah!

Years from now, you will regret not the things you did but the things you didn't do ~ Ethelion

KTM - Ready To Race 2012

I've yet to see a someone wearing a full face at driving centres.. lol.

Anyway to jB and replay, the problem's solved! Finally. I think the carb got overflowed and i had to leave the engine running for awhile. After polluting the mscp with white smoke, it's able to run now. Thanks for the advises again yeah!

Osfar bro! You wore full face and jacket while learning at BBDC right?

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/53/44/27584435/1_410853473l.jpg

Good for you. Anyway the next time if you think it's overflow again. This is what i recomment you to do.

Turn off the ingnition. kick up the starter for 10 times without throttling. Then turn on your ingnition and kick start again. Do not throttle up until you've heard the engine ingnited.

Good luck & ride safetly. :)

http://i42.tinypic.com/wqslfr.gif

Good for you. Anyway the next time if you think it's overflow again. This is what i recomment you to do.

Turn off the ingnition. kick up the starter for 10 times without throttling. Then turn on your ingnition and kick start again. Do not throttle up until you've heard the engine ingnited.

Good luck & ride safetly. :)

kick up the starter? tot its kick down?:faint:

The pain of discipline is nothing like the pain of disappointment
:thumb:

As for the back fire the air suction pump (between the tank and carb) was spoiled. Once changed (it sucked 60$ out of my pocket) no backfire and really better performance, coz petrol is burned rather then caughed out. A tell talesign is by revving it and clossing back. You should be able to hear a laud 'pop'. It is not life threatening failure ( to the bike or the biker) coz it is a valve to assist the air intake through the carb, so sticking with a pop-ing one would not kill your bike.

Performance wise - its worth it.

Cheers:thumb:

he pointed to me the air suction pump is below the fuel tank, near the front forks leh? got more than 1 pump har?

if he seriously go and attempt to kick "up", and he come back saying he heard something break, i am so gonna fall of my seat. :angel:

Aint english is a fun word to learn....lol. Ooook 'kick down' . :p

but hor...jus checking why it's call 'sit up' when you are sitting down doing the exercise, anyway it doesnt matter lar....hehehhe.

HAHAHA I FOUND ANOTHER LARAKU FAN!!! :cry: tears of joy

anyway phantom 150 kick start la no need to push start one leh

Postman Eating Inc*

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/murano04sfs/38y29ty14.gif

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/155006-1/Mascot_scares_girl.gif

Squid defination: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squid

It's for leg warm up exercise before you do the push start... :cheeky:

hehehe j/k

Serious note;

This one a bit technical, better let the guru explain to you....

METALFYREEEEEE.......... :D

sorry bro...need your expertise on this. :)

Hi guys.

I'm a long long way to getting my 2B. But I need a learning helmet with the sticker. Dont like to use the school one as I heard those helmet's chances for being a stink bomb is very high.

Anyone knows where I can get inexpensive, full face helmet? With the sticker of course.

Regards

Vincent

Hi all bros, help me out here leh.. lol.. where can get inexpensive helmets? open face or full face de.. :cheeky:

Hi guys.

Regards

Vincent

Hi Vincent,

I think the training ctr does not allow student to wear 'full face' for lessons.

I am sure somebody out here surely have 'open face' used helmets in their storeroom in reasonable condition to give away. Heh heh heh

I'll dig into my store room tonight as I think I might have at least 2 reasonable 'open face' helmet with aprove sticker.

Do PM me if I don't get back to you in 48hrs time.

Cheers!

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.

Hi Vincent,

I think the training ctr does not allow student to wear 'full face' for lessons.

I am sure somebody out here surely have 'open face' used helmets in their storeroom in reasonable condition to give away. Heh heh heh

I'll dig into my store room tonight as I think I might have at least 2 reasonable 'open face' helmet with aprove sticker.

Do PM me if I don't get back to you in 48hrs time.

Cheers!

COol! Thanks vincekam. Is your name Vincent as well?

COol! Thanks vincekam. Is your name Vincent as well?

Real and naggy name is Vincent Kam.

Am known as Vince.

Am in the office right now. When I reach home, let me take a warm shower and warm dinner and dig thru the store room to look out the stuff for you.

Cheers!

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.

Real and naggy name is Vincent Kam.

Am known as Vince.

Am in the office right now. When I reach home, let me take a warm shower and warm dinner and dig thru the store room to look out the stuff for you.

Cheers!

okay bro. steady. if u want, i pm u my no. and email, u can let me know by then. :)

Hi all bros, help me out here leh.. lol.. where can get inexpensive helmets? open face or full face de.. :cheeky:

if for some reason Vince can't help u, Lim Ah Boy is the place to go. easily below 40.

cheers

if for some reason Vince can't help u, Lim Ah Boy is the place to go. easily below 40.

cheers

Lim Ah Boy? LAB ah? Where ah? heard its at selegie? Anyway, just to ask u guys, u all riding phantom righT? do u have more than 2b?